pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

500 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 2.
#34 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Need some help wondering if anyone knows how to disable the knocker which fuse?

Two wire connector on bottom of driver board in the head.

LTG : )

1 week later
#88 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The $$ differential is pulling me

More money for the LE. But you also get the saucer LED upgrade, side mirrors, choice of green, black, or stainless trim, the topper with two saucers, light show, and big martian hopping up and down, and double the warranty of the SE.

Each step up costs more from the classic to the special edition to the limited edition. But they just aren't raising the price. You get more for your money.

Which ever version you decide on. You'll be happy. They really knocked this one out of the park.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Small request: Does anyone have the AFMr carton & cabinet dimensions?

It's a couple inches bigger than a Stern box. I couldn't get it in my front door, I had to run around the building to the back door. I didn't measure but it's at least 34 inches.

2 weeks later
#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

how the game feels in respect to build quality.

Like a tank. Lots of games rolling out. Hardly any tech calls. Mostly new owners asking set up questions.

Quoted from Damien:

how is it compared to the original AFM?

It's crushing my original here. customers love it.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would you say the build quality is better than MMR now that CGC is doing their own production?

Yes.

CGC really is doing an amazing job.

#175 6 years ago

If you have a Topper for AFMR. The instructions to install it are on page 2-29 or 127 of the manual, which you can download here :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals.php The manual in near the bottom of the page. A manual comes with the game.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

put a tape measure on that backbox?

28 1/2 inches wide.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

can't imagine opening a ticket over this.

I can. Please open a ticket and include the pictures. It may go to me, I'll kick it up the ladder.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

do not use the kit that is listed on the CGC website.

I'll let them know. Thank you. ( originally it was for a class 10 )

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

He is out of town and it is a weekend so we will take it up soon.

Your ticket is up and alerted to Jack Fadden at CGC. So they are on it, even with Doug Skor on a weekend and out of town.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone tell me the exact height of the topper...

10 inches add a couple more for Martian hopping up and down.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I'm debating between the LE and SE.

Quoted from Budman:

Is the multi colored mini saucers that much cooler looking ?

You get the metal finish tri color LED show saucers on both models.

The LE gets you mirror side blades, better audio, speaker lights, topper, and double the warranty of the SE.

Quoted from Budman:

If the topper is worth say, $200.00,

That's a $500 topper. Light show on cityscape background , LED show on saucers, flashers on saucers, Martian eyes light up, Martian bounces up and down. It's amazing.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My SE mini saucers don't have any lights other than the standard flasher, but I do have speaker lights, and I believe the SE and LE both have the same audio components.

You are correct. Only the LE has the mini saucer light show. I confused it with the main saucer. Standard has main saucer red chase lights, SE and LE has main saucer tri color lights. and SE and LE has better audio and speaker lights.

Thank you !

1 week later
#317 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Where do I find the Strobe multiball adjustment? I'm version 1.1

Do you mean to make the strobe light brighter or dimmer ?

You aren't on version 1.1, you hit the enter button and that number is from the Williams software.

Hold the escape button for 5 seconds or so to get into the CGC menu, keep hitting the escape button once you are in there to advance to the next screen. The 5th screen, bottom, is to change the strobe light.

The first screen shows what software is in your game. 1.0.0. , if you need it, here is the link of what you need :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

take the key out and put it in the one above the input?

I'd cut the pin on the board so it's harder to make a mistake later. You can remove the plug from the connector. It goes in that spot.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I do have one minor issue... The ball launch fails to make it to the rollover lanes at least 50% of the time. I have played with the ball launch coil strength, but could not get it to fire the ball to the lanes consistently.

In the newest version software, you can set the auto plunger strength higher. One notch up should do it.

To see what version is in your game. Hold the Escape button down five seconds or more and you get into the CGC menu. First screen has your software version. Every time you hit the Escape button you advance through the CGC menu pages. Go to the one for coil strengths and you can raise the auto plunger there.

1.0.0. is the latest. If you need it, you can download it here along with instructions :

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I'm having this issue as well. Any resolution?

In the newest version software, you can set the auto plunger strength higher. One notch up should do it.

To see what version is in your game. Hold the Escape button down five seconds or more and you get into the CGC menu. First screen has your software version. Every time you hit the Escape button you advance through the CGC menu pages. Go to the one for coil strengths and you can raise the auto plunger there.

1.0.0. is the latest. If you need it, you can download it here along with instructions :

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Can someone post a picture of the bubble level with the game at the optimum steepness? I never knew what to look for when reading that thing.

Those things are cheap and not that dependable. They can vary a lot, be mounted backwards, or the tube not positioned right.

These will help :

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone2/index.html

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im getting a lot of ball trough rejects that wont allow the ball to be served.
Im playing with the settings and have it at MAX.
MAX seems too strong and the ball looks like its bouncing off the lip of the apron.
The original setting was +1 and would fail to serve the ball 1 out of 5 times. Should I bend the tab like we did on the WOZ?

Try less power first. Then bend tab like on WOZ. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Seems my CGC firmware is 1.0

Did you hit "ENTER" and go into Williams stuff ? 1.0 is the last Williams update.

Or hold the "ESCAPE" button down for five seconds or more to get into the CGC menu ? First page has what version is in your game.

Just wanted to check to save updating if you didn't have to.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How about 1.13 code with all the fixes?

Current on their website is 1.0.0.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sorry i meant the original afm 1.13 with all the fixes ?

No way to put that in AFMR.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This beta ROM is a version of software released from Williams for testing purposes.

Not an official Williams release for all games.

So their license agreements probably limited them to 1.0

#431 6 years ago

And maybe lots not working. There must have been a reason Williams never released it beyond beta testing.

#434 6 years ago

I'm sorry, I did make a mistake.

AFMR has 1.1 for the Williams software, not 1.0

I confused it with MMR.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For you guys that have contacted CGC for replacement plastics on the slings, are the replacement ones they sent you issue free? I noticed mine has those as well, though not as bad as some that were posted here.

Please add that to your ticket on the CGC Support Help Desk.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

Why must this hobby be so expensive?

The man is keeping you down.

#485 6 years ago

Make sure the metal flap is depressing the high power interlock switch sufficiently.

Disclaimer : He was on the help desk and already figured it out.

1 week later
#590 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

No back box key for me though.

Please open a ticket under Support - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is this normal?

No. Please open a ticket on the support desk and add pictures. Go to chicago-gaming.com

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Aren't these the adjustment screws?

Yes.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Spoke to Cliff, and he said his protector set from the original game cane with a protector for the drain hole behind the ship. Can anyone confirm that this would work for the remake?

Yes.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Any suggestions to adjust the drop target? Flipper strength?

Not much you can do with the drop target, if it's working.

Lower flipper strength. Check if the flipper rubber ring isn't too low or too high. And at rest if the flipper is positioned in the right spot.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Adjusted bracket--some binding--BUT LEFT FLIPPER REMAINS WEAK. Proper voltages--same for both flippers. Party in 2 hours--S.O.S.!!

Try swapping both left and right flipper button opto boards. Check if coil stop or front bracket are misformed and leaning in or out.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've only had one oddity thus far that baffles me a bit....left sling will occasionally trigger when I hit the left flipper button. Very random.

Please check if the leaf blade switches on the left sling need adjusting because one is too close.

#747 6 years ago

Lloyd, what would be a proper gap for sling leaf adjustment?

I don't know if there is a proper gap.

I set mine so the front long blade is just resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it. And the shorter one behind it close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.

A tweak or two and you'll get them dialed in good.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I've seen the same thing happen and its very odd, at first I thought it was caused by the right target bank but I'm unable to repeat it. I had check the leaf switches but the gap is quite large.

Stuck switch on the same row or column as the left sling ?

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I checked the wiring and it looks ok.

The topper has some connectors before you get to the ends that plug in. Then the end connectors go to the small board in the head and two of them go to the big board in the head.

Please go over all of them and be sure they are pushed in tight.

Next step, please go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the support desk.

Thank you.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

The cable on the top left was loose, i think it could back itself out so I m8ght put a little electrical tape to keep it in place!

A dab of hot glue if you have it.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Speaking of the lockdown bar I can't get my arm to lock it In Like it should

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver, you can turn them up or down to tighten or loosen the bar that slides back and forth and locks the lockdown bar.

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I still can't get my SOL adjusted right, on the kickouts 50% of the time it goes right down the middle.

Loosen the whole assembly and see if you can turn it a tiny bit.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Will you be at Expo?

LTG : ) Show Thursday night 10pm after the JJP fireside chat.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Anyone else had ball-launch issues? I know there were some people that had to adjust the strength of the ball-launch coil, which I've also had to do. However, it won't even consistently make it to the pop-bumpers. I'll open a ticket Monday if need be.

See if the plunger is hitting the center of the ball. You can loosen the screws holding the ball launch assembly and turn it a bit to hit the ball better, if needed.

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

What coil is it under to adjust?

Right popper.

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I guess better then draining.

Try loosening the screws. And between the bracket and underside of the playfield. Stick a washer on the left side. So the whole assembly leans to the left a little. See if that helps aim it.

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Any ideas fellas to something about it please?

Setting Adjustments a.28 or something. Minimum volume over ride. change it.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

ust set up AFMf LE 188. Would I need to do a code update? (or would the update on the more recent machines be updated at CGC?)

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php Latest is 1.0.0.

To see what is in your game. Hold the escape button down 5 seconds or so and the CGC menu comes up. First screen has what is in your game.

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Not sure what fix to try next,

Remove the bracket. The holes in it that the screws go through to secure it to the playfield. Make them oval shape. Turn more when fastening down.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just submitted a ticket. Ill see what they they. Id take out since its only a couple of screws.

And two connectors.

Your ticket came to me, I kicked it up to engineers/CGC where any parts will come from.

#858 6 years ago

Go into the CGC menu, 5th screen, make right popper or left poppr stronger.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

so would the right popper be the SOL? if so that could fix my SDTM also...

Yes.

1 week later
#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The le doesn’t come with pc on the hinges? You just get legs and rails?

Just legs and rails.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.is this normal?

Seems normal.

1 week later
#922 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have a question. I'm looking at the underside and the wiring and im thinking how do you go about fixing things. Im planning on picking up a remake whether it be AFM or MM and im new to repairing stuff with little to no soldiering skills. I'm seriously worried about purchasing one and then have it bust and it being an 8k rock

All the common things like switches, coils, are easy to fix. Youtube is littered with short how to videos. Start learning.

As far as boards, anything surface mounted you'll need the right equipment and skills. Since you have little or no soldering skills, you wouldn't be working on any older boards with all through hole components either.

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

the mechanics in my area wont touch the remakes.

Time to find new help. Or a local collector to help. Ask here if anyone local can give you some hands on help.

The flippers are the same as used in every Williams fliptronics game.

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

where does one adjust the flipper strength??

In the CGC menu. Hold the ESCAPE button down five seconds or more gets you into it. Then every time you press the ESCAPE button you advance one screen. The third one has the coil settings that area available. Then + or - and stop on the one you like and hit enter to get into it, and + or - to change.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

End of stroke switch?

No. It's like fliptronics.

Quoted from paynemic:

Ltg will get you on the right track...

Already on his ticket with info and alerted it to CGC to get a new board.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Quick question please, where can I find how many games have been played in my Attack From Mars R?

Go into Diagnostics, go to Book Keeping menu, enter, step through them. Same as a Williams AFM.

1 week later
#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

now the right flipper sticks (occasionally).

Coil stop loose ?

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I think its important to share as I had made an incorrect assumption

I don't think any pinball manufacturer extends warranties to second owners.

1 week later
#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Is there any way to disable the end of game match feature?

Turn the match off.

#1128 6 years ago

A.1 19 Match Feature - you can turn it off there.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Lately, when I make the shot up the middle the ship does not blow up.

Are the two switches working, drop target switch, and one on the small metal subway below the playfield in that area ?

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you heard something about CGC #3?.

I believe they posted it will be unveiled at TPF next year.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

There is no pro. Special edition had the upgraded screen size.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

Three models. Classic Edition, Special Edition, Limited Edition.

Maybe he meant Classic Edition when he posted pro ?

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Has someone got the dimensions of the box please?

About 32" by 32" by 57"

#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Anybody know if the 3D translights work on the remake?

Yes. Same size. ( I just measured both )

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Diverter Gate Stuck Closed - occasionally. (diagnostics menu did report the issue one time)

I looked at the wiring and solenoid action. No issues or binding.

Any suggestions to diagnose or correct this intermittent issue?

Your game hasn't the slightest idea what a diverter is. Is does know switches. Look at the diverter, open it, roll a ball through with it open. First switch it hits - that's the issue. Isn't registering right so game thinks the diverter is stuck closed.

Might need adjusting so the ball hits it better. Check that the arm of the switch is centered in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in. Make sure it isn't rubbing the wood, which would slow it down and the game misses it closing.

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Figured I'd post here as well, but my test menu is showing an error on F8, which says upper left flip opto... i didn't see where that was located in the manual, so i'm not 100% sure what sensor it's referring to.

Each flipper button opto board has two optos. One for flippers. One for lane changes, initials type stuff. If you go into Tests - Switch Edge, and slowly push the flipper button in, first one, then the other should report on the screen.

I'd reseat the connector to the flipper button opto board a couple times. Then go into Tests - Switch Edge, and pass something between the F8 optos and see if it works. If not swap left and right flipper button opto boards and see if problem moves. If it isn't working then, go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket to get a new one.

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

F8 refers to the flipper though? not something else somewhere?

Check the Dedicated switch column in your switch matrix chart in the manual.

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

PinGraffix power blades for my AFM as a birthday present.

You posted this in the AFMR ( remake thread )

Do you have an AFM or AFMR ? If AFM, maybe try making a new topic type post. Connectors may be different for both games.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Doing a little research on these remakes. Heard from 1 owner that there's been some chipping at the drain area, as well as the ball lock area.
Anyone else experiencing this already? Sounds as though it's the edges that are the problem, and easily solved with a couple Cliffys.
Is this common, or a one off?

It's from balls draining off the playfield. Mylar across it or if Cliffy makes one use it.

Can happen on originals or remakes.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

can you help us understand how present day CC differs from what they were using in the 90s.

I have no idea. I wasn't using it back then, and not using it now. ( spraying/applying it )

Maybe some of the restorers can chime in ?

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My turn for the flipper return spring to break.

Easy fix. Bend last loop over and make a new one.

What I suspect on flipper and drop target springs, is the holes they are riding in, have a sharper edge to them, then in past years. Spring gets scored and snaps at that point.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG
fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Should I clean those holes up with a drill bit?

I wouldn't. Maybe a reamer. The spring steel is harder and in time will make the holes smooth. Easier to fix a spring or two and let nature run it's course.

1 week later
#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My saucer destory scoop doesn't register sometimes when you go to destroy a saucer and itll register as a lock instead.

Go into Tests - Switch Edge, and check with a ball. If witch works, and the correct switch reports on the DMD. Might just need to reseat the connectors for that switch and be sure they are on tight.

#1542 6 years ago
Quoted from brittlewater:

I have had my AFMr LE for a week. My left flipper has stopped working. It is stuck in the up position. How do I troubleshoot this? This is my first pinball machine and I am not familiar with working on them.

Turn game off. Remove glass and put some where safe. Remove the balls from the ball trough ( I do this by hand, you may do it with power on and then pop them out in diagnostics with the coin door high power interlock switch pulled out and then turn game off ) lift playfield up a little and pull forward until it locks, then lift it up and lean back on the back box.

Left flipper return spring likely broke, compare to the right side.

I would bend the last loop over, ( see pictures ) and stick it back on. Lower playfield, balls back in. Glass back on. Turn game on. Enjoy.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Im trying to email in my warranty card. But the email adress on the paper that came with the game doesent work.

([email protected])

Is it bouncing ?

I tried it : [email protected] and it went through. No response until Monday I would imagine.

You can always mail it in.

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, had this feature on RFM as well...think this was a pinball 2000 innovation.

Yes it was. As long as Williams put the right ball trough in there. Otherwise they all come bouncing out. Keith Elwin can attest to that.

#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never had a coil stop do that (over 13 years and 30-40 pins)...hopefully an uncommon build snafu.

It is more common across several manufacturers. Been that way for a few years. I would imagine they are buying prebuilt flipper mechs and sticking them in. Which is fine.

Though they seem more prone to shipping stress and the coil stop screws coming loose.

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

.nut not tight enough?

Nut not tight enough.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Is there a way to make the game boot up faster?

No.

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Can you adjust the green guy ?
Mine is a bit turned to the right.Not in center.

Four screws hold him from the bottom of the topper base. You could try loosening his whole bracket assembly and turning a little.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I only see 4 screws on the braket behind him + the 3 that secure him to the topper.Are there any other screws i should look at ?
Can't see how loosening the 4 on the bracket would help but i'll try

You need to remove the topper to see the four on the bottom holding the whole assembly.

Quoted from LTG:

Four screws hold him from the bottom of the topper base.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe Lloyd can chime in.

Hideeho

Quoted from nipper2u:

Does CGC monitor this forum

They do occasionally. They are busy. I ( a remake tech support guy ) try to keep up with them.

Quoted from pintechev:

Please open support tickets to communicate with CGC on issues with your games. That’s the best way to make them aware of issues.

Yes, please. Then they can keep track if a continuing problem is there.

Quoted from abetterway:

I am quite disappointed about this as well. I just received my LE and it seems to have the same issues. Its not like all of these games have already been built and issues are being found. These games are being manufactured right now. I would expect CGC to adjust these things instead of forcing all owners to do it themselves. It almost seems like they haven't even played the machine or they would have immediately seen some of these issues.

When you consider the exact number having issues compared to how many AFMR's are out there already. It is amazing there isn't more wrong. Especially when you factor in the shipping experience. Tech support remains extremely low on people getting their new pin.

Crap happens. No matter how good you build a game. And test before leaving the factory. You may need to tweak a thing or two.

Then open a ticket under Support at http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ or call. CGC has a lot invested in the remake projects, and they want happy customers. The less that have an issue or two, the better.

And from what I've seen of JJP, PPS/CGC, Stern, companies I have experience with, they continually beat Williams out of the box back in the DMD 1990's. I never uncrated a Williams pin that I didn't spend two or three days tweaking, fixing, replacing stuff just to get it working.

These are great times we are living in.

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from abetterway:

So you consider adding extra hardware to raise the wire form dialing it in?

Bend it up a little. The weight of it may have brought it down a little in shipping. We are talking maybe 6 or 10 of these out of well over 500 games.

#1653 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

the wireform on my machine is aligned perfectly with the 2 plastic ramps and I don't think raising it is the correct solution (seems like a hack to me).

I agree. Not ever problem will have the same solution.

#1661 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The plunger is the one area of the machine where the playfield alignment to the cabinet is important, since the plunger is mounted to the cabinet.

Ummm..... AFMR has a Launch button, the actual plunger is mounted on the playfield.

#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

How do I go about obtaining new ones?

Please go here - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under Support on the Help Desk open a ticket with pictures of the effected ones.

Thank you,

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Setting up after the holidays.

Why so serious ?

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I would like to see CGC make a new bracket for the shooter solenoid so the shooter plunger will hit the ball correctly.

Except that can vary from game to game.

And when the coil energizes, it pulls the plunger to one side, not perfectly straight back.

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Should I go SE or LE?

For $700 more, I'd go the LE. Great topper, better audio system with speaker lights, mirror blades, LED show on small playfield saucers, and double the warranty of the SE. Great location attraction piece.

Disclaimer : I do tech support for them.

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does the game come with the dongle that b/w games. Came with for plugging into the service outlet in the front of cab,like an extension cord

No. Get it at Amazon, computer stores, etc.

Quoted from OldRon:

Does anyone know if Pinbits plastic protectors for afm fit the Attack From Mars Remake.

Yes.

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from jallen3095:

is there any quick fix to solve this?

Plug it on. A dab of hot glue. Done.

Easy to pry the hot glue off if ever needed.

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Better wait for that cord to be sent, using something else will void the warranty....

Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok just kidding

In this one instance. No it won't.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I have a warranty question I’m hoping LTG may be able to answer.

Good question. I would call CGC, hit "O" and ask for Doug Skor. He'd know, and also what to do about a record of it for warranty when it does start.

Thank you.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Just booted up AFMr and the left flipper is not operating. The button works, it scrolls through screens, etc. but no flip. Any suggestions?

There are two optos on the flipper button opto boards. Please go to Tests - Switch Edge - and slowly push the flipper button in. First one and then the second one should report on the screen.

If both optos work, then check it's fuse in the head. F115, if that is good, then check the coil lugs for poor solder joints.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

F116 actually looks blown, F115 looks okay?

Please pull them and check with a meter.

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

And there have been no further updates on the ticket since Thursday.

Please post on your ticket again.

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

and game stopped in between balls DEAD like power outage only sign of life is the 3 leds in back box

Open coin door. Pull out high power interlock switch. Play a game. If game works, the flap closing the switch needs adjustment.

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

.Can this be adjusted???

Lower the flipper strength.

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Lloyd, posted again on my ticket right after you posted this. Last time I've heard back from anybody on my ticket is now over a week ago.

Please PM me the ticket number.

Thank you,
Lloyd

1 week later
#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can you send me the pdf , please ?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can you share the PDF please?

PM me your email addresses.

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

sending me a new PIC 2.0, whatever that is.

Long IC you exchange with the one on the driver board in the head.

#2546 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

asking about lock bar, just not sure how to fix it and looking for advice.

Glass off. Lift playfield and lean back. Put lockdown bar on. Look at the innards with a flashlight. See which way things need to go and adjust accordingly.

#2589 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is everyone going to need a PIC 2.0?

Yes. Contact who you bought the game from to get it.

Quoted from Damien:

Or will the eventual software update sort out the issues?

I don't believe there is one coming. And wouldn't fix this.

#2595 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is the board in the backbox?

Yes. Big one. You can't miss it.

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Does anyone have an idea how quickly I'll here a response and get the updated chip.

Contact who you bought it from to get it and find out.

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from Applewood:

anyone else have this issue at all?

Not that I've heard of. Leave flippers at default settings until or unless you have the V 2.0 chip on the driver board in the head.

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It just looks a little stuck. If I was you, I’d take it apart and clean the face of the translite and the glass and put it back together and see if that helps.

Marc

It's like moisture between glass and translite. Sticks translite in spots to glass.

As Marc said, clean it. When I've run into this in the past, I sprinkle some talcum powder on the glass and blow it off. End of problem.

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

how do I know which size to get?

Get a kit - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/ AFM or AFMR - same same.

Then as you gain in knowledge and experience, order what you want.

#2900 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Both of my screws are snug not at all loose. Still having same problem. So frustrating

Snug screws doesn't rule out adjusting the switch.

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

How would I go about adjusting the switch?

Loosen screws and turn the switch body.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok so should I do the, like yours in your life with the left one lol the way up? Tight fit to get a screw driver done there at the angle where the play field sits on stand

You may need to try a few different spots. You want it so every time the arm of the switch goes down, you can hear it click.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Did you inquire or did they just email you this confirmation? I haven't heard anything from them.

Did you buy your game from them ? Did you contact them ?

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Is there a specific thread that discusses the adjustments that need to be made to the shooter lane ramp

PM me your email address and I'll email you back the ramp PDF, and info about the PIC 2.0 for your driver board.

#2979 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I did not unplug my game before installing chip,I guess my games is ok,I did not see that in the instructions

I wouldn't unplug it. Just be damned sure it's turned off.

Plugged in and turned off helps ground things so you don't accidentally send static electricity into the game.

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

When you start it back up does it have to load a new software or does it go right to attract mode.

The 2.0 PIC goes right to attract mode. It's on the driver board. Not a mini SD card update on the computer board.

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

After installing chip I’m still getting software version 1.0. What am I doing wrong here?

You did nothing wrong. You changed an IC, you didn't do a software update.

You are good to go.

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Do you know why CGC has put the driver board back in the backbox?

No idea.

Quoted from kapsreiter:

did they had problems with MMR ?

No that I know of. I liked having the three, interchangeable boards, in case you worked on it.

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When we install PIC 2.0, does this affect high score settings?

No.

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

push in the new one?

And be sure the notch on the IC matches the notch printed on the board. Don't trust labels.

#3025 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

It’s takes like 3 min for the ball to get out in launch lane and then launched.

Keeps kicking trying to get it out ? If so turn it stronger in the CGC menu.

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

No didn’t hear bout bending any ramp.

PM me your email address and I'll email you the pdf instructions.

1 week later
#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Game pulls up test report at start up and reads check diverter stuck open...anyone have thoughts on how to fix?

Page 85 and 86 of the manual describe the errors and what has to happen so they don't come up, or how to clear them. If you play a few games, it may go away on it's own.

Quoted from estrader:

Nevermind cgc just emailed the document. Props to them for working on Saturday and quick turnaround.

I'm usually running around noon to midnight everyday. Glad to help.

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

can someone direct me ?

Go into Adjustments, I think the fourth one is HSTD Adjustments. Lower them there. Then reset the high scores.

A.4 11, 12, 13, 14 - page 1-56 in the manual. Back Up High Scores. Lower them then reset high scores.

#3572 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Anybody know how to fix my problem.

Go into Tests - Switch Edge - and hit the switch under the playfield on the metal subway behind the drop target, and the drop target switch, and left popper opto. Be sure they work and the correct switch reports on the screen.

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Diverter and 62 channel....also my replay value changes from 4 to 2.6

Pages 1-57 and 1-58 cover errors. No idea what 62 channel is. Changing replay value - you have something in adjustments set to auto adjust that changes scores depending on how players are doing.

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Can anyone show me in a series of pictures or (preferably a video) what the hell I am supposed to do with the locking arm when the table is up?

Red arrow points to the knob on the end of the playfield rod support - green arrow points along the playfield locking slide, not in your picture but farther up is a notch where the knob locks.

And as mschonbrun posted, don't use it. Pull out playfield until it locks and then lift up and lean on the backbox.

ae0f720c7a905045cfa025bf700fcac422e5acbf (resized).jpgae0f720c7a905045cfa025bf700fcac422e5acbf (resized).jpg

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

* Yellow handle is hard as piss to lock. I still need to figure out how to adjust it.

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver raise or lower the lever that locks the lockdown bar in place. A little adjusting should help.

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

. I can't for the life of me see the notch

DSC00492 (resized).JPGDSC00492 (resized).JPG

DSC00493 (resized).JPGDSC00493 (resized).JPG

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

LTG sees both this thread, and their service tickets, and he has also answered a couple of tech questions in this thread since you posted this. It is not a good sign that their tech support guy ignores this completely as if he doesn't see it.

I'm not ignoring it.

Some of this isn't my job. I help people get their games going if they have problems. That's it.

Parts sent under warranty, cabinet issues, playfield issues, go through CGC. I have no say in it. So why get involved.

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

even on a full playfield protector?

Wax won't stick to it.

#4213 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any trick to get them out?

Try unscrewing them up and out.

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unscrewing how? They're rounded posts.

Remove rubber sleeve. Put a rag around it and vice grips.

#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, nut is off.

You got the right nut off ?

Just asking.

#4390 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some assistance with the topper. Wire reading inputs coming from the topper has one of the 4 holes with a piece of plastic in it and the input on the board has 4 prongs...thoughts?

Cut off pin on the board or remove plug from the connector.

DSC00494 (resized).JPGDSC00494 (resized).JPG
DSC00495 (resized).JPGDSC00495 (resized).JPG
amfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpgamfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpg

#4518 6 years ago

Some new videos for remake beginners.

How to get into the CGC menu video -

How to install the PIC video -

How to open the pinball machine -

How to open the pinball machine Backbox -

#4524 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Will the 3D translight work in the remake?

Yes. All three models.

#4533 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How do I check Pic 2.0?

It's on the big board in the backbox.

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPG

DSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG

#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I watched the video posted by LTG on how to change out the balls but unclear what switch that has to be pulled out in order for the balls to be ejected from the trough? Can someone give me a visual?

This is a WOZ. Same thing. Top switch has a indent so you can pull the knob out.

Open coin door, look at the left side right by the hinge. Hard to miss two white switches.

IMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Can someone give me a visual?

More visual.

switches (resized).JPGswitches (resized).JPG

Switches2 (resized).JPGSwitches2 (resized).JPG

#4591 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sad message indeed.
Really wanted to see and maybe even play this game.

Me too. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, but one that they felt had to be made.

#4608 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

can someone please point the way.

1 week later
#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

so I can open a ticket....

I responded to your ticket.

"The three red targets that go up and down in front of the drop target area. The right one isn't working. Please check if to see if it needs cleaning, adjusting, or if it's stuck closed. And check for broken wire at the switch lugs.

In Tests - Switch Edge - push it with your finger and see if it works or not. "

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

there is no Bally sign at your speaker panel ?

The classic has the standard size display - no logo. The logo is on the LCD on the Special Edition and Limited Edition models with the larger display.

#4743 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

2) I can't access that Drop Box pdf on #2104 Is it available somewhere else?

PM me your email address and I will email the pdf to you.

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

I suspect they don't have the rights to the Bally name.

Now on the SE and LE, since it's on the LCD, I suspect it's in the original software, and able to be used.

1 week later
#4803 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i had to remove a pin at the pcb
the machine was built 1 month ago
so why ist this still so in production

Topper and harness was made some time before your game was made. And unfortunately some slipped through with a plug in one connector spot. I'm sorry you got one like that.

1 week later
#4858 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a price difference between black or green trim?

Black or green is only available on the LE. No price difference.

#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is the light show and missing extra saucers worth upgrading to LE?

You get double the warranty of the SE too. And mirror blades.

#4874 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Quick question guys on my AFM I notice when I play and I hit the left sling it sometimes makes it kick like 2 or three times. It’s not every time I hit bit but it’s alit during a game. Annoying as shit. Any ideas how I can do a quick fix on this problem?

POWER OFF.

Adjust the slingshot leaf blade switches on the left sling so they are less sensitive. With the slingshot plastic off, look down at the blades. Front long one should just be touching the rubber ring. Not pushing it. Shorter rear one close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it. Yet vibration doesn't give extra kicks.

A tweak or two and you should be fine.

#4879 6 years ago

Black board in the picture.

DSC00084 (resized).JPGDSC00084 (resized).JPG

#4886 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there any huge difference between the Le and the Se besides the topper and the powdercoat? I’m debating between the two

Ptownpin covered it.

You can read the differences at the CGC website :

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No idea? The LE's were basically fixed priced...not sure what the SE's sold for

Last year at TPF, the prices on them were $6500 for the standard, $7200 for the SE, and $7900 for the LE.

Every $700 got you more stuff. Scroll down here to see what is added on - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

#4904 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Will buying this void the extended LE warranty?

Warranty doesn't go to 2nd owner.

1 week later
#4960 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Now that I have MMR and AFMR LE I don't think I need anymore games right!?

But your MMR and AFMR LE will be lonely without the next remake to join them.

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I'm still having that stdm when ejecting from the sol

Loosen screws and turn the bracket a little. Or loosen the screws and put a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side.

You have the 2.0 PIC on the driver board ?

#5017 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Which setting decreases the power of the kickout from the Saucer, it seems like it flies halfway to the flippers lol.

Page 1-15 in the manual. Step through the CGC menu to the part with Game Features Menu, Left Popper, Right Popper, Martian, strengths. Lower your right popper power.

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So the Right popper strength controls the SOL eject and the saucer kickout?

Right popper is the SOL. By saucer kickout do you mean when you go in the hole behind the drop target and the ball kicks out the chute to the left onto the wireform ? Is so, that would be the Left Popper.

#5036 5 years ago

I'm getting a ball hang in the subway between the mothership and the lock switch.

Or maybe bend the actuator wire down I little?

Make sure things are assembled right down there, so the ball rolls downhill easily. Make sure nothing is stuck in there that shouldn't be there. Then check if it's hanging on the switch arm. Adjust that past the switch body so you don't change the flat part pushing the knob into the switch body.

#5041 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is there anyway to get it to display the animations in color?

No.

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I keep getting a left gate stuck open. Everything works in test mode

Error messages start on page 1-57 in the manual . This explains what you need to do so you don't get an error. If everything is working.

#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Just joined the club! Question. Does the replacement PIC chip reset game count and other audits?

Check the board in the backbox. If you need the 2.0 or not.

If your game doesn't have the 2.0, please leave the coil settings at default until you get the 2.0 PIC in. If you need it, contact your distributor to get it.

#5064 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Could you post a couple of pics. on how this is done regarding the outlanes ?

Quoted from BentleyBear:

how this is done regarding the outlanes ?

The post is in a slot cut in the playfield. Under the playfield is a locknut and washer. Loosen the locknut, slide post towards front of game. Retighten the locknut. Done. Now the hole the balls goes to the outlane in is smaller.

I've attached one of Damgiao's pictures with a red arrow pointing to the slot you move the post back and forth in.

3e2b6b312512c565f584f16c451c39eba0a2d0d0.jpeg (resized).jpg3e2b6b312512c565f584f16c451c39eba0a2d0d0.jpeg (resized).jpg

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just need to re-gap the switches on each pop bumper

When you adjust a leaf blade switch for the pop bumper. Power off. Look at it below the playfield. A plastic rod sticks down from the pop bumper skirt and pushes a plastic spoon fixed to a lead blade. Be sure the rod is centered on the spoon. ( on an older game be sure the rod isn't worn or spoon is dirty where the rod rides ) Then the spoon blade should just be resting on the rod, not pushing it. The shorter bottom one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, but vibration doesn't.

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is that normal or does something need to be adjusted.

In the CGC menu you can make the left popper stronger.

#5088 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

my color dmd not displaying.

The cable from it to the beagle board thing. Reseat both ends and push in real tight.

#5090 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

now its doesnt work at all.

Then go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk.

#5093 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am second owner on le not sure if there is warranty but maybe they can give me a tip to get it going.

No warranty. They can help.

#5097 5 years ago

Page 1-57 and 1-58 in the manual. Helps you with this.

#5099 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

don't even know if the manual is in the game

You can download a copy from chicago-gaming.com

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I decided to play one more game and the credit dot went away s

Do the stuff that is supposed to happen and they usually go away on their own.

1 week later
#5128 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got a HUO AFMr-LE about a week ago; the original owner mentioned his distributor gave him a new rom chip (rev1.1 I believe). It is installed on the game, but what did that upgrade fix/change? just curious; and is 1.1 the current version?

What it didn't change can hurt your game. Leave coil settings at default until you get the 2.0 PIC on the driver board in the backbox. See attached pictures and link.

If your PIC is 2.0 on the label, you are good to go. If you need the 2.0, contact your distributor to get it.

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn that is expensive. Doesn't the DMD that comes with it do color already so what are you buying?

The programming that made all the color happen. Not an easy task. Frame by frame, dot by dot. And if it's like the MMR color upgrade, it's four times the colors of the ColorDMD version in the original MM.

AFMR has improved graphics in the color version too.

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How is it enabled? Is it anything physical or just software?

I haven't done one yet. MMR had to have current software, and you changed the huge IC on the big board under the playfield.

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also where is the option to make the strobe and lights on saucer brighter?

In the CGC menu.

Or page 1-10 in the manual.

#5144 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok I'm not familiar with what that is or where to get but I'll call them tomorrow.

I'm not sure it's available. Website says LE and SE only. Maybe because of the larger screen ?

If you call them, hit "O" and ask for someone there. No sense hitting tech support ( me ). Someone there may know more.

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

(boot screen shows AFM in full color).

That is different than all the programming needed to do all the frames/dots in color.

Please post what you find out.

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So checked the cgc menu option and mine is 1.0.0 software. Think that might be outdated. Been reading about a lot of people getting 2.0. will prob need to get the same...

1.0.0 is the current software.

2.0 is the revision of the PIC on the driver board. Replacing 1.0 PIC. Current games may not have a label on that PIC.

See pictures.

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

RE: Upgrading AFMR Classic to color.

I called and they confirmed. EPROM chip that needs to be replaced underneath the PF (odd spot) - would have thought backglass.

Same as MMR. On the board under the playfield.

Thank you for the update.

While expensive, it isn't just the chip. The colors are programmed dot by dot and scene by scene. Agreed on ColorDMD being able to use in a different game or sell it. Even though they both are different.

#5192 5 years ago

Loosen locknut a little ( white circle ) push wireform to the right a little, direction of blue arrow. Retighten locknut ( white circle )

5f4f81eee9aace019766b4f9a216c0eef35737ea (resized).jpg5f4f81eee9aace019766b4f9a216c0eef35737ea (resized).jpg

#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sometimes the launcher doesn't shoot the ball all the way around if I hold in the left flipper - normal?

Should be consistent. Go into CGC menu and turn the launch a little stronger, see if that helps.

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

I seem to have a 3/4 female that must go to the set of males above the blank inputs on the board except the male is 4/4.

See my picture. Cut pin off of the board or remove the plug from connector.

amfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpgamfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpg

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, does anyone know if I can buy an AFMR LE Topper and put it on my AFMR SE? Thanks

Go into your CGC menu and see if the topper software is in there. If so then all you need is the topper and small board for the head and harnesses.

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Any news on Doug leaving CGC and going to Stern?

A thread on Pinside, Pinball News, and TWIP

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Will be important to see who in CGC picks up from where Doug left as he was the main contact for CGC in pinball really.

I'm confident Doug will leave that in good hands.

1 week later
#5265 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

where is that?

Please check page 1-57 and 1-58 in the manual. It's a few things that need to happen or you get the error.

Your left gate isn't likely stuck closed, it is near the top center of the playfield where there is a left gate and right gate above the lanes that feed down to the pop bumpers.

1 week later
#5282 5 years ago

I wouldn't do that. Stick with a tooth pick.

Anything goes wrong, and the drill bit breaks or pops out of the hole and drags across the playfield, you can damage the playfield in a very noticeable spot. Drill bits have sharp edges.

#5284 5 years ago

But I still have some of the metal adjustment pins from when they were included in the goodie bags way back when.

And they work fine for experienced pinball people. Usually.

Considering new pinball people read this. I tend to not advise risky things to the inexperienced. They are more likely to have problems.

#5287 5 years ago

Twist up and out. Gently tap from below.

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If so, can anyone give me some guidance?

I can. It will cost you.

A.1 14 Replay Award - set to Ball instead of Credit or Ticket.

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Anybody have a clue as to what I should look at?

Putting in the right fuse ?

Then I'd look for any coil lugs along the edges of the playfield that may come into contact with metal when down. Especially coin door and lockdown bar. Then look for coils with lugs to close to brackets near them or holding them.

1 week later
#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have 9.5" between the top of my header and the ceiling.

Anyone know if I'll be able to put the topper there (especially since it bounces up a bit)?

I don't think so. Standing still the Martian is about 9 inches up from the head. He must go up and down at least 1/2 an inch.

You could stick the topper up there and disable the up down of the Martian. So you still get the light show.

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

are you able to tell me if the martian is slightly above or below 9"

Slightly above on my game.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Where can I order the greed lighted leg protectors

PM MUSTANGPAUL who makes them.

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

does anyone have an extact rubber list. I’m planning ordering green titan rubbers

Titan has this available - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/294

I wouldn't get exact. I'd order extras in case any break. Especially flippers and slingshots.

1 week later
#5435 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can anyone confirm what the flipper position was out of the box on the original game? Lloyd perhaps?

My original way back when was lined up with the roll pins in the playfield - the tooth pick between flipper body and rubber ring into the hole trick.

Disclaimer : Your game - stick them where they play to your liking.

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but I have version 1 rom

See pics below - until you get that in there don't adjust coil power. You distributor is supposed to get it for you.

Quoted from rai:

Also where is the flipper strength setting?

Page 1-10 in the manual. Or -

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG
#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Getting a credit dot with the error Check Switch F8 U.L. Flipper But. Any thoughts?

Opto interrupter on your left flipper button isn't going far enough to open the beam of one of the two optos on the flipper button opto board.

Simple bend should fix it.

#5467 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is that a real concern or is it just a rationalization by somone who prefers original pin not remakes?

Heck, the sun will go super nova. Then what ?

People worry about the new systems. People worry about the older games boards having obsolete parts. Especially considering their age already.

No guarantees as to what the future holds. We have seen right here on Pinside, many people working to keep things going. So I wouldn't worry much about it. Just enjoy playing your game.

1 week later
#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I cant find where to adjust strobe lighting in adjusments. Can someone tell me which number in adjustments it is? Thanks

CGC Menu.

Also covered starting on page 1-10 in the manual.

1 week later
#5623 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Thinking about importing a Chicago gaming remake from usa to Germany. Does anybody know if there are significant modifications needed, line with the stern games, or if this is simpler with cgc games?

Page 1-6 in the manual covers this. You can download it here : http://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals.php

#5626 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Definitely not there?
Triple checked thats weird .

Should be there. I think.

You have the 1.0.0. software in your game ?

#5629 5 years ago

Except for the Beta 4 crap.

Update if you like.

#5631 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What's the beta 4 stuff ???

Before 1.0.0. came out and it obviously doesn't have strobe light setting.

#5633 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

hoped someone could help.

10 inches.

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Not even sure where to start.

Power cord in tight at the wall ? Check driver board in head - LEDs for fuses all on ?

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/support.php Open a ticket on the support/help desk.

#5654 5 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I filled out a ticket with CG.

I alerted it to the engineer to try and figure out what went so wrong.

#5660 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I recently obtained an AFMR LE and accidentally severed the under cab lighting.

Don't recognize it. Talk to who you got it from. AFMR LE doesn't come with under cabinet lighting.

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Any known fixes for this?

Bend or file the end a little so it can't hook anything.

#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My saucer up-kicker sometimes misses and need to re kick.

Go into CGC menu. You are looking for left popper to make stronger or weaker as needed.

Instructions for CGC menu start on page 1-10 in the manual, or this video will help :

#5678 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

If so did it need to be altered in any way to fit?

No.

#5681 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Please expand on your answer....

The original translite and the 3D one are the same size.

S O N O A L T E R A T I O N N E E D E D

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Do the mini saucers on the LE have more colors on them than the SE ?

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php Read up on the differences here. Bi Color on LE only.

#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Is there a program setting for the TILT sensitivity/timing in the menus?

In adjustments - Settings - A.1 2 , one to ten warnings for tilt.

#5693 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyway to make the display on the LE brighter or the call outs brighter?

No.

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where in the menu? CGC or standard?

Ignore me. pinballinreno has a good post about it.

#5698 5 years ago

In the CGC menu.

Page 10 in the manual, subwoofer settings.
Use left and right flipper to adjust the subwoofer presence.

Thank you for posting that. I missed it because you can't adjust the other things on the first page of the CGC stuff.

I'm going back over to the POTC beer thread see if I can still get in.

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Need a DBA harness for this anyone got any leads?

Should be right inside the coin door on the left side. Maybe buried in the cables there.

Or does your DBA not have a harness ? Then contact who you bought it from of MEI.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

What is the “PIC”?

See picture. Yours may not have a label, if not it's okay. If it has a label showing 1.0 or anything less than 2.0, leave your coil settings at factory default and contact your distributor to get the updated PIC.

Quoted from Davedigger:

I was just wondering what the latest software is for the game?

Page 1-10 in the manual explains the CGC menu, the first page shows what software is in your game. Or this video will help :

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG
#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys does anyone have a direct email contact for Ashley as he apparently has taken over from Doug at CGC?

She.

Send her a PM here and ask if she does.

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so my chip says 2.0 but my software says 1.0 on the screen, am I good for adjustments? just picked up this game last night haven't been following.

You are good for adjustments.

#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from MJ68:

Can’t find blown fuse or any wires out ??

For a start - check page 1-59 in the manual. CR101 on solenoid power driver board - is it on ? That's your 12 volts which would be for motors too.

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from MJ68:

I checked CR101 and it is on. Not sure what's going on. Even in test mode it says the shaker motor and alien are running, but they are not operating at all

That is weird to lose both.

Best go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under support so the engineer can look into it.

1 week later
#5786 5 years ago

Hang onto it. Doesn't look like anything i recall. Might have got left in during manufacturing.

#5788 5 years ago

Not to many Allen bolts.

None in the game I recall with a locknut that far up or that long.

Maybe check if bottom of the drop target assembly or moving bank of targets assembly ?

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

What do you mean by close the outlanes?

See paynemic's picture I used.

This is the right side of the game, left side is the same. See the gap the red arrow points to ? The post in that hole is bolted underneath the playfield. Loosen the locknut on it, move the post back makes the outlane more open, move the post forward ( direction of yellow arrow ) makes the outlane closed.

Closed outlane, smaller gap, harder to drain a ball into the outlane. Open outlane, bigger gap, easier to drain the ball in the outlane.

44002e95cc5c09c36645ad48258a282006fb4de1.jpeg (resized).jpg44002e95cc5c09c36645ad48258a282006fb4de1.jpeg (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5849 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Any idea how I can fix this?

Be sure it has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) the pawl may be binding below the playfield on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in.

3 weeks later
#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Funnily enough, I just tried to email them through their website asking if they would fix these issues if it wasn't already replaced, and I got a 404 error.

Try opening a ticket under Support on the Help desk.

#5932 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Is this a common issue or something more than a bend can fix?

In the CGC menu you can make the ball trough stronger or weaker as needed. CGC menu on page 1-10 in the manual. Or this video :

If the ball hits the flap and goes back down instead of diverting to the shooter lane, then yes bending the flap as shown in the pictures on your ticket works.

This may help to, for WOZ, but same deal - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#5946 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

How do I turn off the shaker motor in the SE?

In any AFMR in the CGC menu. To get into it, it is in the manual on page 1-14, or see -

1 week later
#5969 5 years ago

Loosen nut on bottom of post,

The nut is on the underside of the playfield. As pinballreno said, super easy.

#5982 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am having the issue of launched balls not making it to the lanes/pops

Please open a ticket at chicago-gaming.com under Support on the Help Desk about this.

Software - Do you mean when you open the coin door and hit enter the Williams version shows 1.0 ? Or the label on the PIC in the backbox has 1.0 on it ?

#5983 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

ask for the PIC 2.0 chip at the same time.

If he means that. Nothing do do with software he mentioned.

1 week later
#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Any bets on how long it takes me to get the motivation to remove the wire ramp so I can get this fixed?

I do hope you throw it in the cash box for the next owner.

1 week later
#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip

Either on it, or no label. If it has any number lower than 2.0 on it, don't alter coil settings until you get 2.0 in it. Contact your distributor to get it. Or chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under Support.

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How do you fine tune coil settings?

Page 1-10 in the manual. Or :

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Yes, I have the high scores, but can the grand champion be reset?

Go into Adjustments - H.S.T.D. , you can lower some in there, and when done follow the directions on the side of the four diagnostic buttons to reset high scores.

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

What's up with the Just Say No to Drugs? Looks like that might be permanent, but then I saw someone deleted the "No" in a screen shot here, so it must be able to be changed somewhere?

Years ago somebody came up with a hacked ROM replacing some of that message with an equal number of letters. No idea who or how.

And since your game doesn't have ROMs, no changing it.

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

Are the topper martian sculpture's eyes on the LE supposed to flash or do anything besides stay just barely illuminated all the time?

No, just lit.

#6113 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

If the default is "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" and the only way to clear it is to beat it, why is there a setting (A.4 19) for adjusting the Alien Champion minimum down to 5?

If it's in the H.S.T.D. section. Try lowering it. Go back to attract mode, and then follow the directions on the side of your diagnostic switches to reset high scores.

#6135 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

per CGC, if you reset the H.S.T.D. in U.3, the Martian Champion default displayed will become whatever number you set in A.4 19. So if you made it 5, the display will now show LFS = 5. Verified,

That will reset all High Scores he might have put up on the game and return them to initial factory high scores.

2 weeks later
#6164 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can the strobe light multiball be turned off on AFMr?

No.

#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

make it harder to start

A2.08 in Williams feature adjustments.

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone have a problem with the drop target not coming back up? If I reset it manually it comes up for a bit then after a while it doesn't come back up again? anyone seen this?

Be sure the switches under there are working, haven't come loose or anything.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

on the right ramp - when the ball comes out of the wireform - its sometimes got a bounce that takes it randolmly in different directions - including the outlane ? anyone seen this?

Lower flipper strength, or figure some washers or something to raise it up a little on the side back there.

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

down the volume somewhere else (menu,

Did you go into adjustments and lower the minimum volume over ride so the coin door buttons go lower ?

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Connections seem fine.

Please reseat the connections a couple times. See if that helps.

#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I'll probably have to call them once tech support is back

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk. It may go to me, I'll alert it to the engineer.

#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Wait, so you handle support for both JJP and CGC?

Yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
500 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/1?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.