pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 212.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I usually use fishing line and run it under the armor the length of the rail. Then, clean it up with a citrus based remover once the rails are off

Thats a terrific idea thanks

#902 6 years ago

hi,
can anybody tell me if the topper of the le is moving during the gameplay?

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi,
can anybody tell me if the topper of the le is moving during the gameplay?

yes it does.

#904 6 years ago

But, you can disable topper movement but keep lighting effects like I did in my low-ceiling basement.

#905 6 years ago

Is there any way to reduce the amount of airballs off the singular saucer target (behind the drop bank, blocking the hole for the final shot)?

Because it raises and lowers I dont think it can be bent forward?

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Is there any way to reduce the amount of airballs off the singular saucer target (behind the drop bank, blocking the hole for the final shot)?
Because it raises and lowers I dont think it can be bent forward?

Been having the same issues. Reduced the power on my flippers and increased the playfield angle. Nothing has worked. Still get so many air balls. Anyone come up with a fix yet? Could someone make a plastic protector under the saucer? Would that help?

#907 6 years ago

My SE arrived today from Coin Taker. My first time using them and I have to say the customer service from start to delivery was great.

This game is sweet; glad I upgraded. Really happy with the build. So what if I have to eat Ramen for the rest of the year? Lol

#908 6 years ago

Apologies if answered somewhere in this thread ( can’t find it). My LE playing great, but notice after a period of time, the start button light goes out. I can still hit it and start a game, light comes back on. Pretty consistent behavior ( I haven’t timed it, however)......is this normal? Seems a bit odd....thanks....

#909 6 years ago

Any idea what I need to adjust to stop the main saucer from getting stuck under the plunger? Every time I release it within a couple games it will get stuck again.

20171004_211517 (resized).jpg20171004_211517 (resized).jpg

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.is this normal?

Seems normal.

LTG : )

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Seems normal.

Got it.....thanks Lloyd....

#912 6 years ago

I added Lermods back board and trough lighting last night. Now I just need CGC to release the mini saucer lighting upgrade as a stand-alone.

6DD605A4-B0CE-4B4C-A691-DB546E82A46C (resized).jpeg6DD605A4-B0CE-4B4C-A691-DB546E82A46C (resized).jpeg

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Now I just need CGC to release the mini saucer lighting upgrade as a stand-alone.

I really hope they do as I assume most SE and Standard buyers would purchase them; this would provide CGC with good additional funding towards their next endeavor as all the engineering is already completed, all they need to do is have more units manufactured.

#914 6 years ago

Attack From Mars LE #267 reporting for duty! I must say the light show is second to none! Rick/CGC have made a statement with this one that is received loud and clear: why would you need to have an original AFM when you can own one of these! I want to thank you guys on this thread for helping me with the unboxing and the setting up of the machine Epecially with my low ceiling issues.

E62F3B5D-D78D-4604-B8A4-5C9A2C68456A (resized).jpegE62F3B5D-D78D-4604-B8A4-5C9A2C68456A (resized).jpeg

BE92C478-44E1-4E85-B53E-404416C4D81D (resized).jpegBE92C478-44E1-4E85-B53E-404416C4D81D (resized).jpeg

62F697D6-C656-4202-8E09-C2D7ED0C1A61 (resized).jpeg62F697D6-C656-4202-8E09-C2D7ED0C1A61 (resized).jpeg

00C1D243-3CD8-4A7C-9CAF-E547C826010E (resized).jpeg00C1D243-3CD8-4A7C-9CAF-E547C826010E (resized).jpeg

8BF00076-A8C2-46C4-89CE-A6C7BEACFFC8 (resized).jpeg8BF00076-A8C2-46C4-89CE-A6C7BEACFFC8 (resized).jpeg

#915 6 years ago

In dealing with my low ceiling issue, I made a small modification in the the ceilng just above the topper alien’s head
I used a inch and a half hole saw (saved the plug of sheet rock) then beveled the hole with a utilily knife It ends up looking like a shadow of a saucer above the alien all the while allowing him to move without contacting the ceiling. ( now i just hope my wife doesnt notice...)

9E93CAE2-3D6D-4CEA-80C6-31D83D29494A (resized).jpeg9E93CAE2-3D6D-4CEA-80C6-31D83D29494A (resized).jpeg

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

In dealing with my low ceiling issue, I made a small modification in the the ceilng just above the topper alien’s head
I used a inch and a half hole saw (saved the plug of sheet rock) then beveled the hole with a utilily knife It ends up looking like a shadow of a saucer above the alien all the while allowing him to move without contacting the ceiling. ( now i just hope my wife doesnt notice...)

Now that is dedication!

#917 6 years ago

Hah, my ceiling is about that exact same height. No holes for me. I disabled the Martian in settings, but still enjoy the light show.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Love it,congratulations !

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hah, my ceiling is about that exact same height. No holes for me. I disabled the Martian in settings, but still enjoy the light show.

Awe come on man! That topper coupled with the flipper sounds when you touch it will make you jump! It's Awesome!
It's easy to fix that hole in the sheetrock. You just stuff the piece you removed back in and spackel it up, little paint and gone!

#920 6 years ago

Finally was able to install a cliffy set for this. (shooter lane, 2 inlane switches under wireframe drops, SOL Front/Rear, 3 target wall, and Saucer Hole/target)
I opted to not keep the mantis in, there is no way to easily fit it back in once you add the cliffys and it causes them to bow - not worth the effort. I don't see the ball hitting the bit of exposed area to the right of the SOL honestly, so I'm happy.

Feels good to have these areas protected finally though.

#921 6 years ago

I have a question. I'm looking at the underside and the wiring and im thinking how do you go about fixing things. Im planning on picking up a remake whether it be AFM or MM and im new to repairing stuff with little to no soldiering skills. I'm seriously worried about purchasing one and then have it bust and it being an 8k rock

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have a question. I'm looking at the underside and the wiring and im thinking how do you go about fixing things. Im planning on picking up a remake whether it be AFM or MM and im new to repairing stuff with little to no soldiering skills. I'm seriously worried about purchasing one and then have it bust and it being an 8k rock

All the common things like switches, coils, are easy to fix. Youtube is littered with short how to videos. Start learning.

As far as boards, anything surface mounted you'll need the right equipment and skills. Since you have little or no soldering skills, you wouldn't be working on any older boards with all through hole components either.

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

All the common things like switches, coils, are easy to fix. Youtube is littered with short how to videos. Start learning.
As far as boards, anything surface mounted you'll need the right equipment and skills. Since you have little or no soldering skills, you wouldn't be working on any older boards with all through hole components either.

Well at this moment im trying to find a complete guide on youtube on how to replace a flipper. It's been a complete nightmare and im more confused than ever after watching some of these videos. So youtube hasn't really been helping me At this point im gonna have to hire someone. I know with the originals i can find someone to fix it if need be but the mechanics in my area wont touch the remakes.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Well at this moment im trying to find a complete guide on youtube on how to replace a flipper. It's been a complete nightmare and im more confused than ever after watching some of these videos. So youtube hasn't really been helping me At this point im gonna have to hire someone. I know with the originals i can find someone to fix it if need be but the mechanics in my area wont touch the remakes.

There have been multiple flipper mechanisms used over the decades... are you only looking at videos regarding the 2 remakes? I haven't received my AFMR yet, but I can't imagine the flippers are really any different to those used 20 years ago. Also randomly watching videos isn't the best way to learn how to do something specific like replacing a flipper on a specific machine. Any video is going to make far more sense if you've got the machine in front of you and can see and move the things they are talking about. Honestly I think you're putting the cart before the horse here... If you're really going to get a machine then do that and worry about what to do when you have an actual problem. SMD boards are out of reach for most people as Lloyd mentioned, but anyone with rudimentary skills (ie a normal level of hand/eye coordination) could replace a flipper.

And any pinball mech who says he won't touch a remake without even knowing what the issue is (ie a blanket "no")... is leaving money on the table and I can't believe any would do that.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I'm pretty certain the flipper parts are the same as the original, and rebuilding or repairing them is pretty simple once you muster up the courage to dive in. I bought my MMR (first pinball machine I've ever owned) in February of this year, and the flipper started to bind almost right out of the box. It was a total nightmare for me, and not only did I not have any soldering skill, I didn't know a single thing about pinball machines. I also didn't have any contacts to techs in my area.

Fast forward a few months, I'm still a noob, but I got onto one of the local forums, met a few people, and they helped me with some of the questions I had. I also annoyed the shit out of people on this forum I'm sure haha.

But now, I can solder large stuff (haven't tried board work yet) and when something doesn't feel right on my machine, I don't panic. I'm confident enough now to take a few things apart, and see what is going on. On my TOM recently, I had an issue where the left flipper would trigger the left slingshot kicker. Took the switches out, widened the gap, and presto, problem solved. Seems the vibration from the coil was causing the kicker switch to touch because it was bent to close together.

If you want to PM me, I'm more than happy to try to walk you through any basic stuff that you might be stumped on. If it gets more complicated, you can always post your questions here and someone should be able to help out. LTG is pretty much omniscient if things get really complex

Now about those games... If you want my opinion... Get an MMR! I seriously can't stop playing this game, even though I've beat BFTK 3 times. It never gets old! I play it way more than AFMR! But that's just me.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

There have been multiple flipper mechanisms used over the decades... are you only looking at videos regarding the 2 remakes? I haven't received my AFMR yet, but I can't imagine the flippers are really any different to those used 20 years ago. Also randomly watching videos isn't the best way to learn how to do something specific like replacing a flipper on a specific machine. Any video is going to make far more sense if you've got the machine in front of you and can see and move the things they are talking about. Honestly I think you're putting the cart before the horse here... If you're really going to get a machine then do that and worry about what to do when you have an actual problem. SMD boards are out of reach for most people as Lloyd mentioned, but anyone with rudimentary skills (ie a normal level of hand/eye coordination) could replace a flipper.
And any pinball mech who says he won't touch a remake without even knowing what the issue is (ie a blanket "no")... is leaving money on the table and I can't believe any would do that.

Quoted from Damien:

I'm pretty certain the flipper parts are the same as the original, and rebuilding or repairing them is pretty simple once you muster up the courage to dive in. I bought my MMR (first pinball machine I've ever owned) in February of this year, and the flipper started to bind almost right out of the box. It was a total nightmare for me, and not only did I not have any soldering skill, I didn't know a single thing about pinball machines. I also didn't have any contacts to techs in my area.
Fast forward a few months, I'm still a noob, but I got onto one of the local forums, met a few people, and they helped me with some of the questions I had. I also annoyed the shit out of people on this forum I'm sure haha.
But now, I can solder large stuff (haven't tried board work yet) and when something doesn't feel right on my machine, I don't panic. I'm confident enough now to take a few things apart, and see what is going on. On my TOM recently, I had an issue where the left flipper would trigger the left slingshot kicker. Took the switches out, widened the gap, and presto, problem solved. Seems the vibration from the coil was causing the kicker switch to touch because it was bent to close together.
If you want to PM me, I'm more than happy to try to walk you through any basic stuff that you might be stumped on. If it gets more complicated, you can always post your questions here and someone should be able to help out. LTG is pretty much omniscient if things get really complex
Now about those games... If you want my opinion... Get an MMR! I seriously can't stop playing this game, even though I've beat BFTK 3 times. It never gets old! I play it way more than AFMR! But that's just me.

The Flipper issues are on my indiana jones 93. LTG had said watch youtube and im countering by saying hey i can barely fix a flipper. Heck yes im nervous about getting a remake. Even though my stuff doesnt get much use. I dont want to derail the thread much longer. I'm hoping by the time i get one in march ill be confident enough to fix it

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

honestly mate you don't have anything to worry about. Firstly flippers on the remakes are like flippers on just about any other game so I wouldn't worry about not being able to fix that - the repair guys can fix them for sure.

Outside of the flippers yes there are some specific parts unique to the remakes, but nearly every pinball has unique parts - so far I've not seen any reports of anyone having a problem with them but even so they are all relatively straight forward to replace if need be.

Secondly my MMR has been the most reliable machine I've ever owned, nothing has gone wrong with it nearly 18 months play now.

Neil.

#928 6 years ago

I got to play both the new LE and the original at the Expo this weekend and man there really is no comparison, they feel identical and the remake just looks fantastic. Ironically on a single game on the original I got closer to RTU than I ever have before. I had 5/6 lit and only needed 2 more cities saved to light it. The game was goofy, I drained my first two balls immediately then racked up 3 extra balls on my final ball and completed 5/6 RTU and 4 cities. After that I drained the 3 extra balls almost immediately too. Cannot wait for this thing to be in my home forever!

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

the mechanics in my area wont touch the remakes.

Time to find new help. Or a local collector to help. Ask here if anyone local can give you some hands on help.

The flippers are the same as used in every Williams fliptronics game.

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at that... I knew something

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

honestly mate you don't have anything to worry about. Firstly flippers on the remakes are like flippers on just about any other game so I wouldn't worry about not being able to fix that - the repair guys can fix them for sure.
Outside of the flippers yes there are some specific parts unique to the remakes, but nearly every pinball has unique parts - so far I've not seen any reports of anyone having a problem with them but even so they are all relatively straight forward to replace if need be.
Secondly my MMR has been the most reliable machine I've ever owned, nothing has gone wrong with it nearly 18 months play now.
Neil.

Yeah im pretty excited. I'm doing all the research i can and i plan to purchase sometime between March-May.

Quoted from LTG:

Time to find new help. Or a local collector to help. Ask here if anyone local can give you some hands on help.

Pinball life sells replacement flipper assemblies already preassembled. So all i got to do desolider, swap and resolider. Lil pricier but ill be able to get my indy back up and running and on the bad flipper ill practice on that

#932 6 years ago

Exciting night of battling Martians last night! Heart rate went through the roof on that last shot to the scoop.. lol.

20171016_192403 (resized).jpg20171016_192403 (resized).jpg

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Exciting night of battling Martians last night! Heart rate went through the roof on that last shot to the scoop.. lol.

Congrats! Pretty awesome feeling! What was your final score?

#935 6 years ago

How do I get a printed brochure for AFMr?
I know I can download it but I dont have a color printer any more since I went to all laser.
It would have been cool to get one with my LE.

#936 6 years ago

Bring the file to Staples to print in color.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Bring the file to Staples to print in color.

Good Idea!
Maybe I can get them to send me one....

#938 6 years ago

After playing for a couple of days we were getting balls flying of the right return ramp into the drain after a lock activation and lots of air balls. (too Fast) so I turned down my flipper coils to Min. That nailed it and it didn't slow the game down too much. I also was getting rejects when the shooter would launch the ball. Tried everything from alignment of the coil to upping the strength even tweeking the leveling. I finally got that resolved by dropping the coil strength to Min also. It seems the games come with everything turned way up. I had turn down the GI and insert lights (just too much) Playing perfect now.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

How do I get a printed brochure for AFMr?
I know I can download it but I dont have a color printer any more since I went to all laser.
It would have been cool to get one with my LE.

I simply asked our local distributor here and he sent me a few in the post. I can't imagine why your distributor wouldn't do the same... all I need now is my actual machine!

#940 6 years ago

Just got my my AFMR! Build quality is impressive (just sold an Aerosmith pro and the difference is night and day). Looking forward to owning this one for awhile.

IMG_7568 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPG

IMG_7585 (resized).JPGIMG_7585 (resized).JPG

#941 6 years ago

The sound on the AFMr is so much better than the sound on MMr.

#942 6 years ago

I have Prosound in the other four games I have and the Pyle sound system in that AFM LE just blows them away! (nothing to do with the Prosound kit it's the old wpc 95 wav boards) Just no comparison!

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The sound on the AFMr is so much better than the sound on MMr.

100%

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

After playing for a couple of days we were getting balls flying of the right return ramp into the drain after a lock activation and lots of air balls. (too Fast) so I turned down my flipper coils to Min. That nailed it and it didn't slow the game down too much. I also was getting rejects when the shooter would launch the ball. Tried everything from alignment of the coil to upping the strength even tweeking the leveling. I finally got that resolved by dropping the coil strength to Min also. It seems the games come with everything turned way up. I had turn down the GI and insert lights (just too much) Playing perfect now.

I love it when members explain in detail , my LE is coming soon i hope , thet said in november

#945 6 years ago

Games look sweet!

Hey what are the street prices for the 3 models? Not sure if those can be posted or have to be on the down low. Is the LE sold out?

Thanks and enjoy!

#946 6 years ago

Classic - $6500
Special - $7300
Limited - $8000

PLUSTAXANDFREIGHT!

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Classic - $6500
Special - $7300
Limited - $8000
PLUSTAXANDFREIGHT!

Yeah, the impression I've gotten is that CGC isn't letting the dealers discount.

#948 6 years ago

The game was really kicking my butt. Lots of airballs and warp speed SDTM drains. So I played with the flipper strength, as a number of owners have advised, and it's much better now. I'm actually hitting al my shots with a LOT more accuracy. It seems also like the ball doesn't pick up as much spin as it did with the flipper strength set higher.

A weird thing, though: at one point I set the strength to MIN at one point, just to see, and the right flipper didn't move AT ALL. I figure that can't be right. Any suggestions as to what I can look for?

#949 6 years ago

What did you end up at I'm going between -6 to -8

#950 6 years ago

I set mine to min no issues like that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/19?hl=cosmojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.