pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 212.
#9751 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm incorrect that that's how i like them?
Ok then.

If it gives you joy, then its right for you!

#9752 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm incorrect that that's how i like them?

You're incorrect that there's no reason on afm.
There is.

But play as you want them, mine are also flush with the plastics, makes other shots better to make.

#9753 2 years ago

Mick's Pinball Christmas Sale

https://www.mickspinball.com/

Use Discount Code Santa2021 at time of checkout for a 10% savings.

Discount code valid on purchases dated
Dec. 20th - Dec. 31st

AFM & AFMr Big O Jiggly LED Martians, Red or Multi Colored Eyes
Big O Jiggly Martians, no LEDs, Just Bigger and Jiggly

Thank you all for the continuing support of my products,

Mick

Any question please PM me here.

Star Trek the Next Generation Products offered too.

Laser Cannons
Cannon Covers with Red, Green or Clear Domes
Red LED Oscillator’s, always on or just when the cannons are rotating

#9754 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

You're incorrect that there's no reason on afm.
There is.
But play as you want them, mine are also flush with the plastics, makes other shots better to make.

What's the reason? There are only the Martian targets down low and they are easy late on the flipper. I understand the milkcan loop on Houdini and other low shots like that are easier with a droop, but what shots are easier on AFM?

Not arguing, just can't see the need. And just cause one man who happens to be the designer likes it that way is not a reason to me.

#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I installed some black lights for my new carpet and this was a surprise, I has no idea. I need to get some black spotlights in there now or led strips.
[quoted image]

Do you think one could mount a black light on the ceiling above the playfield and get these lighting effects? Too cool!

#9756 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you think one could mount a black light on the ceiling above the playfield and get these lighting effects? Too cool!

Most likely. I've seen others mount large UV lights on the ceiling above as well as on a boom.

#9757 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Most likely. I've seen others mount large UV lights on the ceiling above as well as on a boom.

pinstadium lighting has UV Glow installed.. makes the playfield pop and almost causes a siezure during strobe multiball!! LOL

#9758 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

pinstadium lighting has UV Glow installed.. makes the playfield pop and almost causes a siezure during strobe multiball!! LOL

I have these, and I hooked up the UV+Glow flasher to the mothership dome light which is a great effect when you destroy one. I guess you could connect them to the strobe for the effect you mention (or maybe splice the wires and do both?).

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have these, and I hooked up the UV+Glow flasher to the mothership dome light which is a great effect when you destroy one. I guess you could connect them to the strobe for the effect you mention (or maybe splice the wires and do both?).

if you have orions you can do strobemultiball.. i actually have on flasher on center ufo destruction as well.

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any rumours of another run of AFM? I'd like to get a SE but they are pretty scarce here in Ontatio.

I would love to know this as well.

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What's the reason? There are only the Martian targets down low and they are easy late on the flipper. I understand the milkcan loop on Houdini and other low shots like that are easier with a droop, but what shots are easier on AFM?
Not arguing, just can't see the need. And just cause one man who happens to be the designer likes it that way is not a reason to me.

Maybe easier for some to hit the left and right martians?

#9762 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There is a spare USB port in the head. I ran a led UV down like in the photo. It lights up the uv paint just subtly. Strobe multiball however is quite an experience. I don’t tell people about it. Strobe multiball knocks their socks off. Cost about $20

4FC64564-1DA5-4616-B80A-3C29BA4DDAEB (resized).jpeg4FC64564-1DA5-4616-B80A-3C29BA4DDAEB (resized).jpeg
#9763 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There is a spare USB port in the head. I ran a led UV down like in the photo. It lights up the uv paint just subtly. Strobe multiball however is quite an experience. I don’t tell people about it. Strobe multiball knocks their socks off. Cost about $20
[quoted image]

Care to share where you got the LED UV strips please.

#9764 2 years ago

Just eBay. I would buy from an electronics shop locally if I were to do it again.

#9765 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]

Dude, clean those flipper rubbers! Hey, at least that shows you're getting a few games in.

Comet sells 8" UV strips with a tighter pattern (20 SMDs). Not sure if 8" is long enough or not for the apron. I already have a shorter one in the trough to light up the center area below the flipper in UV (also makes my Titan GITD rings light up).

You could also go with something like these that are on a black strip (except they are 12V so will be a little dim when powered by USB): ebay.com link: itm

So the UVs stay on at all times? What voltage are your strips? I'm curious how this looks during Strobe Multiball. Anyway you could post a video somewhere?

#9766 2 years ago

I don’t have an account for video. This stuff is never the same as in real life anyway.
Yup it’s on always so during strobe it makes the pf uv paint pop when the strobe is between flashes / off.

962436E6-1691-4294-AE7E-8B4514AC9232 (resized).jpeg962436E6-1691-4294-AE7E-8B4514AC9232 (resized).jpeg343155A3-062D-46CF-9332-40F1C18F5310 (resized).jpeg343155A3-062D-46CF-9332-40F1C18F5310 (resized).jpeg68CF8672-CD72-4D0D-9B9F-1C9965485FDB (resized).jpeg68CF8672-CD72-4D0D-9B9F-1C9965485FDB (resized).jpeg
#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I don’t have an account for video. This stuff is never the same as in real life anyway.
Yup it’s on always so during strobe it makes the pf uv paint pop when the strobe is between flashes / off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinside does not support video. You have to post on YouTube (or similar service) and share link, or convert to animated GIF. If you want you can PM me and we'll figure out how you can send me the video and I'll take care of it for you (I'm still curious to see it in video).

I see that's a 5V strip (those seem harder to track down). How about another pic in the dark but with game illuminated as normal?

#9768 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Martians!

#9769 2 years ago

Have a happy (ATTACK)! Christmas

#9770 2 years ago

Merry Christmas all !!
Time for some PINBALL !!
Am home from the Christmas rounds today,Just finished a Quick Wax,New Silverballs and Flipper Skins + Clean the glass on AFM Re-Make - 1st time being fired up since the spring.
Grab a brew, !! Put on some Rock-N-Roll !!

#9771 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

It's already set at 1 and it's ridiculously loud at 2. I will look at min. voume override, but it's literally at 1 already :/
There's also a post in this thread about upgrading to display xl on AFMr, its doable.

Game is still insanely loud at 2, even with max volume override. Any other ideas out there in pinside-land?

#9772 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Game is still insanely loud at 2, even with max volume override. Any other ideas out there in pinside-land?

Just to check. Did you set minimum volume over ride to yes ? Because you can turn it down all the way to off then with the "-" diagnostic button.

LTG : )

#9773 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

This is the screen you are looking at with the volume at 2?

B6B1FD4B-0FD8-4018-8F0B-BD22E094AD9A (resized).jpegB6B1FD4B-0FD8-4018-8F0B-BD22E094AD9A (resized).jpeg
#9774 2 years ago

Go into the Williams menu. In Standard Adjustments set 28 to YES.

Then you can turn the volume to 1 or even off. Lower and lower with the "-" diagnostic button on the coin door.

If you have trouble with this stop in and I'll show you how. I'm in Hopkins.

DSC00603 (resized).JPGDSC00603 (resized).JPGDSC00605 (resized).JPGDSC00605 (resized).JPG
#9775 2 years ago

Fresh waxing!

04C46AB1-D0CF-4471-82B8-011DA567FF18 (resized).jpeg04C46AB1-D0CF-4471-82B8-011DA567FF18 (resized).jpeg
#9776 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

This is the screen you are looking at with the volume at 2?
[quoted image]

Correct. 2 is nutso loud, like equivalent to 15 on other WPC/Williams games I have owned.

Max volume override (28) is set to yes and volume is permanently set at 1 because 2 is significantly louder than my other games.

I would love something in between 1 and 2. Really strange.

Thank you for the offer LTG.

#9777 2 years ago

Loving my AFMR, but sometimes I wish it had a door-mounted volume control. Has anyone successfully installed one of the after-market ones?

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Loving my AFMR, but sometimes I wish it had a door-mounted volume control. Has anyone successfully installed one of the after-market ones?

Pinnovators has had one for some time now:

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/chicago-gaming-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-7-cg3-headphone-kit-for-chicago-gaming-systems

I have it and use it all the time. I really like their products, I have them on all my games.

#9779 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

You can see my full write up of the Pinpac 7 here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-pinnovators-pinpac-7-roto-mac-on-my-cgc-afmr#post-6370355

#9780 2 years ago

Reminder, today is the last day of the sale.

For those they do not have these Big O Jiggly Martians, with or without the LED eyes, you are missing a great enhancement for your playfield.

-------------------

Mick's Pinball Christmas Sale

https://www.mickspinball.com/

Use Discount Code Santa2021 at time of checkout for a 10% savings.

Discount code valid on purchases dated
Dec. 20th - Dec. 31st

AFM & AFMr Big O Jiggly LED Martians, Red or Multi Colored Eyes
Big O Jiggly Martians, no LEDs, Just Bigger and Jiggly

Thank you all for the continuing support of my products,

Mick

Any question please PM me here.

Star Trek the Next Generation Products offered too.

Laser Cannons
Cannon Covers with Red, Green or Clear Domes
Red LED Oscillator’s, always on or just when the cannons are rotating

Big-O Martian Comparison (resized).jpgBig-O Martian Comparison (resized).jpg
#9781 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Reminder, today is the last day of the sale.
For those they do not have these Big O Jiggly Martians, with or without the LED eyes, you are missing a great enhancement for your playfield

Thumbs up to these. I have 4 with the beady red eyes installed on my AFMr LE and love them!

#9782 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinnovators has had one for some time now

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You can see my full write up of the Pinpac 7 here

Thanks, guys - just ordered the Roto-MAC.

#9783 2 years ago

AFM-REMAKE version complete protector set!
Mothership, 3 bank target, 2pc SOL scoop, Outhole drain, Diverter lock edge, shooter eject

$100 shipped if someone needs it

Happy New Year All.

8A9F187F-0308-4B96-9A2C-2EE7F7494AA0 (resized).jpeg8A9F187F-0308-4B96-9A2C-2EE7F7494AA0 (resized).jpegA1688313-808C-4ACA-A460-53F02B3B04BA (resized).jpegA1688313-808C-4ACA-A460-53F02B3B04BA (resized).jpeg
#9784 2 years ago

For those of you who have installed Pinstadium lights on AFMRs, did you have to adjust the bracket holding the lower mini saucer on the right hand side? It looks like the mini saucer might touch the hyper beams.

#9785 2 years ago
Quoted from minishark:

For those of you who have installed Pinstadium lights on AFMRs, did you have to adjust the bracket holding the lower mini saucer on the right hand side? It looks like the mini saucer might touch the hyper beams.

No adjustments were necessary for me.

#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Mothership, 3 bank target, 2pc SOL scoop, Outhole drain, Diverter lock edge, shooter eject
Happy New Year All.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey!
Are these needed for home use? I’m not seeing any wear so far after a year.
Do they affect game play at all?
Thanks!
Richard

#9787 2 years ago

Hey!
Thanks!
Richard

I would highly suggest getting a set! When I bought my AFM LE it had a set on it but not on the diverter lock hole or drain hole. The clear had started to chip already. The game had 1,500 plays on it at that time. So I installed the remaining cliffys to protect it. The SOL hole definitely needs it.

Also for the drain hole I purchased the cliffy protector from planetary pinball because I liked there's better. It protects the whole drain hole.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MLS-DRANGRD&Category_Code=GS-9991

#9788 2 years ago

Sold

Quoted from Lawnboy:

Happy New Year All.[quoted image][quoted image]

#9789 2 years ago

Hey!
Thanks!
Richard

Definately. Even in home use a steel ball still wears against wood. If one issue develops and you ever wanted to sell your game the value decrease will be greater than the cost of the protectors, IMO.

#9790 2 years ago

Hey!
Thanks!
Richard

Super common for chips in the hole you drain by that art and by the drop targets. I’ve seen it on many of these even home use. I’d do it to be safe. That’s what I did.

#9791 2 years ago

Clearcoat on my lightly played AFMr is chipped at the edge of the SOL hole and ball return. I added a bit of Mylar tape at these points to provide some minimal protection/padding. Cliffies would have been a more bulletproof solution.

#9792 2 years ago

Oh man. I saw that blue Rule The Universe light illuminate for the first time and I missed the scoop by millimeter - oof! I love this pin!

#9793 2 years ago

Oops, I did it again...

I was effing around adding undercab LEDs and tied to the speakers. I got carried away and added quite a few. Long story up front...now my interactive speakers are ALWAYS green. What needs to happen to get me back to solid ground. Thanks in advance.

#9794 2 years ago

I'm picking up a CE this weekend and was wondering about the Color chip. You just need to install the chip correct? A new display isn't required?

Is there a kit for the larger displays to fit the CE?

Really excited to get my AFM! One of my favorites!

#9795 2 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

I'm picking up a CE this weekend and was wondering about the Color chip. You just need to install the chip correct? A new display isn't required?
Really excited to get my AFM! One of my favorites!

I am also curious about if upgrading to the larger display is an option. I am guessing the answer is simply no. Of course it is likely technically possible, but achieving it reasonably seems unlicky (again, I am guessing).

#9796 2 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

Yes. Like any IC, line it up. IC and board has a mark with which end goes where.

Quoted from CoasterG:

No.

#9797 2 years ago

I put the larger display in my CE last summer… already had the color chip installed. Was super easy.

Unfortunately the larger LCD screens are basically unobtaniam at the moment….

#9798 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I put the larger display in my CE last summer… already had the color chip installed. Was super easy.
Unfortunately the larger LCD screens are basically unobtaniam at the moment….

Out of curiosity, you need the color chip, larger display, the proper mounting for the display - anything else?

Where did you get your larger LCD screen from?

#9799 2 years ago

Can someone confirm if there is a way to make the new color DMD show orange/red dots only like the original machines. I know this is a stupid request but is there any way it can be done in the menus?

#9800 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Can someone confirm if there is a way to make the new color DMD show orange/red dots only like the original machines. I know this is a stupid request but is there any way it can be done in the menus?

Starting with page 1-10 in the manual explains the CGC menu. Hold escape button down until you get into the CGC menu. Once there every time you hit the escape button you can step through the different pages. One is for the color of the dots, 8 different choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.