pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 212.
#9701 2 years ago

Assembling mini saucers are the toughest part. I broke one solder joint on the led rings and had to touch it up. Mount the boards first as the instructions say then plug in and test each saucer before you route the cable under the playfield. Would hate to install it all then see one isn’t working. Lobster ramp needs loosened up to be able to route cables. Hallway leds went in east after removing the main saucer with 2 bolts. Couple hours all in probably by the time you assemble it all then test it out. Kit and instructions were exceptionally well laid out. Even included tape and screwdriver set with replacement screws for areas where stock hardware won’t work with add on led boards. I’ll get a video up when I’m home Monday.

#9702 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to change their line up and have a pristine MBse I'd love to trade for AFMse. Hit me up... I'm in South Carolina and am willing to drive.

#9703 2 years ago

Woo Hoo! Love the mini saucer kit on my SE. Thanks Bill!

Now I just have to decide: Red or Green flashers? The mini LED's are more striking against the darker green caps, but the red caps "glow" a bit with the ambient light when not flashing. Hmmm.

#9704 2 years ago

Howdy! I'm hoping to join the club! If anyone is looking to change their line up and wanting to trade for a MBse give me a shout.
Also could sell mine to pay cash for yours.
I'm in SC and willing to do some driving!
Thanks. Jeff
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122729

#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Woo Hoo! Love the mini saucer kit on my SE. Thanks Bill!
Now I just have to decide: Red or Green flashers? The mini LED's are more striking against the darker green caps, but the red caps "glow" a bit with the ambient light when not flashing. Hmmm.

Why choose one color? I have a mix of green and red on mine.

#9706 2 years ago

…or use six colors!

611AE6E8-85B1-4DB4-84E1-05DD13D9018F (resized).jpeg611AE6E8-85B1-4DB4-84E1-05DD13D9018F (resized).jpeg
#9707 2 years ago

I have a AFMr classic/standard. I would like to add color-changing lights to the speakers. Anybody recommend a speaker light kit for it? Lermods?

#9708 2 years ago

Hello AFM owners, is there anyone on here skilled at making some custom decals? I really love the Eat at Eddy's mod for the left VUK, but was wondering if anyone had tried a simple custom made decal that would cover the 2 visible sides of the ugly black VUK? This would likely have to be 2 individual decals, but would probably be a whole lot less money than the molded mods available.

I have looked around online for such a thing, but haven't found any. Lots for flippers and drop targets, but no decals to cover the VUK.

#9709 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Hello AFM owners, is there anyone on here skilled at making some custom decals? I really love the Eat at Eddy's mod for the left VUK, but was wondering if anyone had tried a simple custom made decal that would cover the 2 visible sides of the ugly black VUK? This would likely have to be 2 individual decals, but would probably be a whole lot less money than the molded mods available.
I have looked around online for such a thing, but haven't found any. Lots for flippers and drop targets, but no decals to cover the VUK.

If my 3D VUK building is out of your price range, what are your ideas for VUK decals?

AFM.gifAFM.gif
#9710 2 years ago

Just a big time shout out to Bill Ung and UFO Pinball. I ordered his AFM remake Mini saucer LED Plus kit…with the “hallway” lights. Its just a fantastic kit and his customer service is second to none. Had a few sets get damaged in shipment…within 2 business days I had replacements.

A few of the solder joints had cracked/broken and I just could not fix em… the wires are EXTREMELY fragile and my sh#tty soldering set up was causing more damage than good.

Installation was straight forward. Took a few hours total with the majority of time spent getting the leds into the saucers. One tip I would recommend is a dab of hot glue to hold them in place. Friction does not “quite” keep em mounted…at least on my set.

I did a mix of red and green sets as I have both color domes in the ships. Went with green Hallway lights… think it turned out fantastic.

Again, Bill, a big thumbs up and “Thank You” to you sir. It just blows me away what so many talented folks bring to this hobby.

My first attempt at attaching a video to a post… 50/50 if I can figure it out…ha. I can add a few more later if it works.

#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If my 3D VUK building is out of your price range, what are your ideas for VUK decals?[quoted image]

I'm certainly no graphic designer at all, but I was thinking of maybe a simple print of some of the already existing art off of the game itself. Should be very inexpensive and can be removed if desired or even covered over with a 3D model. Plus no wiring keeps things simple.

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

I'm certainly no graphic designer at all, but I was thinking of maybe a simple print of some of the already existing art off of the game itself. Should be very inexpensive and can be removed if desired or even covered over with a 3D model. Plus no wiring keeps things simple.

I’m open to ideas from the group. Not exactly sure what would look best here.

#9713 2 years ago

Any rumours of another run of AFM? I'd like to get a SE but they are pretty scarce here in Ontatio.

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m open to ideas from the group. Not exactly sure what would look best here.

Of course I like your VUK building, especially with my own twist on the billboard…

But I grabbed a few unique building pics to share..

22424DE8-083E-43D1-B9A4-C3D027D7957A (resized).jpeg22424DE8-083E-43D1-B9A4-C3D027D7957A (resized).jpeg4A4A67EC-D488-4581-99A6-277156375FAF (resized).png4A4A67EC-D488-4581-99A6-277156375FAF (resized).pngFBF24359-06E7-4B61-8E69-D88F647951C5 (resized).jpegFBF24359-06E7-4B61-8E69-D88F647951C5 (resized).jpeg
#9715 2 years ago

One of my thoughts were decals that were of the black skyscrapers.

#9716 2 years ago

I had thought to skin the VUK with reflective mylar, hoping that would make the VUK affectively disappear among all the "noise" from nearby lights and objects, etc. Never acted on the idea, but seemed simple enough.

#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I had thought to skin the VUK with reflective mylar, hoping that would make the VUK affectively disappear among all the "noise" from nearby lights and objects, etc. Never acted on the idea, but seemed simple enough.

Adhesive chrome vinyl would achieve this. Or better yet, remove the VUK and chrome spray paint it with SpaxStix paint.

#9718 2 years ago

Future regrets

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Adhesive chrome vinyl would achieve this. Or better yet, remove the VUK and chrome spray paint it with SpaxStix paint.

Could the VUK be replaced with a wire form? This is a long way from the simplicity of a decal, but might look even better.

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Could the VUK be replaced with a wire form? This is a long way from the simplicity of a decal, but might look even better.

Why not? Someone would need to design and make them.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

I doubt having someone design and make a wire form to replace the VUK will be cheap. You are better off just buying the eat at eddys mod at that point and be done with it.

#9722 2 years ago

How cool would it be to have it launch in the air and land on the wire form something like the lock in Houdini.

#9723 2 years ago

I wanted to take the opportunity to post my review of the AFMr UFO Pinball Kit. Since I have the LE, I ordered the full kit for LE Owners (you can see all options here: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/purchase.htm).

For the version I have, there are three primary features of the kit: 1) Hallway running lights, 2) Super Jets pop lighting effect, and 3) Backglass GI flashing effects.

Since I was one of the early adopters, the installation instructions had not yet been fully documented but I was able to easily follow and perform the installation without any issues. On a technical skill from 1 to 10 I would probably rate the installation a 7, so anyone who is comfortable opening up the backbox, lifting the playfield, and performing a few wire connections and splices should easily be able to implement this mod. I won't get into the install details since these are well document on the UFO Pinball site here: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/install.htm

Overall, I would give this mod a solid two thumbs up and highly recommend it to any AFMr owner. The mod is well-developed, made of high quality parts, and the support was terrific from UFO Pinball.

Here is the control board installed in my LE backbox with topper - green board at upper left (non LE versions with the UFOs will have a second control board).
IMG_6625 (resized).JPGIMG_6625 (resized).JPG

The running lights in the hallway are a great effect. They are only illuminated when the forcefield is lowered and attack mode is started. There are a few different patterns that are randomly presented or you can lock in a single pattern if you prefer with a jumper on the control board. Also, there is a special effect when a saucer is destroyed.
Hallway_2.gifHallway_2.gif
Hallway_1.gifHallway_1.gif
Hallway_3.gifHallway_3.gif

The Super Jets effect is also great. I've always wished there was a better visual alert to having the Super Jets activated, and this mod does not disappoint. When Super Jets are activated, the 3 pop lights enter into a chasing pattern and the insert goes dark by default and flashes each time a pop bumper is triggered.
Super Jets.gifSuper Jets.gif

Finally, the backbox lighting is also modified via a couple of simple cable connections. This adds additional flash effects when a saucer is destroyed.
Backglass.gifBackglass.gif

1 week later
#9724 2 years ago

Anyone have trouble with their SOL not recognizing the ball?
I had the problem once and the SOL optics would not recognize the ball was in the scoop at all. CGC sent me a full SOL replacement scoop and optic. It worked great for about 6 months. Now the SOL is very delayed again. Taking about 4-6 seconds for the optic to see that the ball is there.
I opened a ticket with CGC but just was curious if anyone had this issue or had it multiple times.
Thanks!
Richard

#9725 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the CPR mirrored back glass on their remake? Will it fit and how does it look? I already have the alternate art translight but was thinking the mirrored one might be pretty awesome. I have the classic edition.

#9726 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Had anyone installed the CPR mirrored back glass on their remake? Will it fit and how does it look. I already have the alternate art translight but was thinking the mirrored one might be pretty awesome. I have the classic edition.

Fit fine, I love the look of it.

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

How cool would it be to have it launch in the air and land on the wire form something like the lock in Houdini.

Like the sneaky lock in CV when the Ringmaster throws the ball onto the high wire ramp. Doesn’t happen often, but my kid loves the animation when it happens.

#9728 2 years ago

I saw in the AFM thread where someone had illuminated their green MARTIAN targets and really liked the look. Unfortunately, these are from a German supplier, and I was going to have to use some end-around shipping method that would put me all-in at over $100 just to order 7 of the LED pads (not even considering any wiring, etc. that I would need or the extending shipping time). Therefore, I started to think about how to accomplish this on the AFM remakes and came up with a custom solution.

What I am offering is a DIY plug-and-play solution to illuminate the green MARTIAN targets on any AFMr pin. This is a combination of sourced parts from a US supplier and a few modifications of my own for a more reliable and simpler installation. I will be doing an initial run of these green target light kits and will be offering in two configurations:

1) Lighting for all 7 green MARTIAN targets: $75
2) Lighting for the 2 center green TI targets: $45

I will provide everything you need for the installation including instructions. Also, the kit will come with a brightness adjuster for setting the brightness just the way you like it (all of my photos are with the lights set at about 50% intensity). My install took about 45 minutes as I was figuring everything out, and it is completely plug-and-play with no wire splicing, cutting, soldering, etc.

For this initial run, I would like to have at least 5 orders and make the cutoff this Thursday at the latest so please PM me if you are interested in purchasing a set. I will not require payment until I lock in everyone and close the initial run. Then I will PM everyone, and they will have 24 hours to pay in order to be included in the run.
IMG_6722 (resized).JPGIMG_6722 (resized).JPGIMG_6719 (resized).JPGIMG_6719 (resized).JPGIMG_6721 (resized).JPGIMG_6721 (resized).JPGIMG_6720 (resized).JPGIMG_6720 (resized).JPG

#9729 2 years ago

Added speaker light kit from Lermods today! That was the one mod I was really missing (until the amazing LE topper is available someday!) Turned out great and easy install. Next up green trough and shooter lane LEDs…

C8825B95-E75A-42B6-9542-DFE283E3AE86 (resized).jpegC8825B95-E75A-42B6-9542-DFE283E3AE86 (resized).jpeg
#9730 2 years ago

I'm doing another Group Buy from Pinball.Center for the chrome saucers.
I underestimated the demand for the large saucers the first time.
If you think you might want to get the large chrome saucer; please direct message me so I'm sure to get enough to fill demand.

#9731 2 years ago

And I wake up to this..Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Love my grandkids!!
20211126_093413 (resized).jpg20211126_093413 (resized).jpg

20211126_094124 (resized).jpg20211126_094124 (resized).jpg

And into the evening...crazy!!

20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And I wake up to this..Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!!
Love my grandkids!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And into the evening...crazy!![quoted image][quoted image]

Kids allways starting four player games!!!

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

Kids allways starting four player games!!!

And walking away with a ball still sitting in the shooter lane.

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

And walking away with a ball still sitting in the shooter lane.

Brother-in-laws do the same thing! So weird LOL

#9735 2 years ago

In the club! I’ve had the original a couple of times. But first remake. Love it.

3232C748-86BA-423F-9DF6-51B6631A4398 (resized).jpeg3232C748-86BA-423F-9DF6-51B6631A4398 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9736 2 years ago

Curious if anybody knows of where to get the XL Display upgrade for a standard, I already have the upgraded chip, just need to the hardware.
Also wondering if anybody has a fix for the remake volume, anything above 1 is too loud - I looked through the thread but can't seem to find anything.

Any ideas what a classic with the color DMD chip upgrade and the eat at eddy's mod from the SE is worth right now?

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Curious if anybody knows of where to get the XL Display upgrade for a standard, I already have the upgraded chip, just need to the hardware.
Also wondering if anybody has a fix for the remake volume, anything above 1 is too loud - I looked through the thread but can't seem to find anything.
Any ideas what a classic with the color DMD chip upgrade and the eat at eddy's mod from the SE is worth right now?

I could be wrong but I don’t think you can upgrade to the XL display on AFMr like you can on the MMr.

There is a min volume limit in the settings somewhere (look in the manual - I can check later if you can not find it). The min volume is set to 8 I think unless you turn that option off, then you can go below 8. I think that will solve that issue.

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Also wondering if anybody has a fix for the remake volume, anything above 1 is too loud

Did you turn the minimum volume over ride down in settings ? Adjustments - A.1 28 set to NO

LTG : )

#9739 2 years ago

It's already set at 1 and it's ridiculously loud at 2. I will look at min. voume override, but it's literally at 1 already :/

There's also a post in this thread about upgrading to display xl on AFMr, its doable.

#9740 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I will look at min. voume override, but it's literally at 1 already :/

Set the minimum to NO and the 1 will be a hell of a lot quieter.

#9741 2 years ago

You most definitely can upgrade to the XL display as I have done it recently. Good luck finding the display though…sold out everywhere.

I have emailed Chicago Gaming numerous times to get a timeline on if /when they have a schedule on new ones coming in.

ZERO response from them. Pretty disappointed in that.

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

It's already set at 1 and it's ridiculously loud at 2. I will look at min. voume override, but it's literally at 1 already :/
There's also a post in this thread about upgrading to display xl on AFMr, its doable.

Weird about the volume. Maybe do a factory reset, then a min vol override?

Sweet on the XL display!! CGC will be making more on the future.

#9743 2 years ago

I installed some black lights for my new carpet and this was a surprise, I has no idea. I need to get some black spotlights in there now or led strips.

67400F0E-B2FA-4EC2-B50C-47B1A0E0065C (resized).jpeg67400F0E-B2FA-4EC2-B50C-47B1A0E0065C (resized).jpeg
#9744 2 years ago

I gotta say, this is the best built game I’ve ever owned.

#9745 2 years ago

Do you line up the flippers with the rubbers on or off with this one.

Just trades my Indy for AFMr LE and cash. This version is awesome! Love the topper and the extra lighting. Only thing that doesn't feel right on this one is the flipper position. How are yours lined up?

20211219_170251 (resized).jpg20211219_170251 (resized).jpg20211219_180519 (resized).jpg20211219_180519 (resized).jpg
#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do you line up the flippers with the rubbers on or off with this one.

Same way you do your other pins.

#9747 2 years ago

Yours are drooped to me. I line them up so they are directly in line with the ball returns, unless there's a reason to droop them to make a specific shot (there's not in AFM).

#9748 2 years ago

I thought I saw an interview with the designer that said the flippers were intentionally drooped so the outer shots were easier. The pic looks a lot like the ones I've played.

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I thought I saw an interview with the designer that said the flippers were intentionally drooped so the outer shots were easier. The pic looks a lot like the ones I've played.

This is correct. Slightly drooped is factory.

Quoted from punkin:

Yours are drooped to me. I line them up so they are directly in line with the ball returns, unless there's a reason to droop them to make a specific shot (there's not in AFM).

This is incorrect.

But in all cases you can put them wherever you want, its one of the joys of owning the game!

#9750 2 years ago

I'm incorrect that that's how i like them?

Ok then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/195?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.