pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 212.
#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Bummer

At the moment I’m looking for a trade of my AFMr

Would have been a good even trade!

But i already have an LE...

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Would have been a good even trade!
But i already have an LE...

#9603 2 years ago

Bummer

At the moment I’m looking for a trade of my AFMr

If you decide to sell please let me know.

#9604 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

If you decide to sell please let me know.

Absolutely!

#9605 2 years ago

Checking in here with recently purchased LE #774. Loving this machine!

2021-08-19 10.48.39 (resized).jpg2021-08-19 10.48.39 (resized).jpg
#9606 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Checking in here with recently purchased LE #774. Loving this machine!
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club!

#9607 2 years ago

If anyone is thinking about letting a classic edition go let me know, I’m on the hunt!

#9608 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If anyone is thinking about letting a classic edition go let me know, I’m on the hunt!

“There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennnium Falcon, uhm, I mean, uh, an Attack from Mars Remake Classic Edition.”

- Darth Vader, 'The Empire Strikes Back'.

PS: Please never change your avatar or those reading this in the future will be completely lost.

#9609 2 years ago

Looking to trade for an AFM if anyone is interested.

#9610 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

“There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennnium Falcon, uhm, I mean, uh, an Attack from Mars Remake Classic Edition.”
- Darth Vader, 'The Empire Strikes Back'.
PS: Please never change your avatar or those reading this in the future will be completely lost.

Lol..won’t be changing the avatar!

#9611 2 years ago

Any suggestions as to the color of powder coating for a SE version? I am toying with a red/orange etc.

#9612 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a full set of cliffys for remake..
Never used still in bag 95.00 plus shipping

Pm me if interested

#9613 2 years ago

Do the powerblades turn off during stroke multiball?

#9614 2 years ago

Does AFMr come with coin mechanics?

#9615 2 years ago

Does AFMr come with coin mechanics?

Yes.

#9616 2 years ago

After over 2 years of ownership, I finally got to “attempt to” Rule the Universe! Unfortunately, I didn’t know the objective, and was caught up in the excitement. So, I didn’t end up ruling after all, but excited to set a new Grand Champion score and say that I at least got there.

This game never gets old.

AF330384-5DCB-4135-BDAC-CA17D5E4A3D9 (resized).jpegAF330384-5DCB-4135-BDAC-CA17D5E4A3D9 (resized).jpeg
#9617 2 years ago

I just bought an AFM Remake SE for $9k today. Am I crazy?

976A6CA3-E49D-4B56-85DE-ADED13326206 (resized).jpeg976A6CA3-E49D-4B56-85DE-ADED13326206 (resized).jpeg
#9618 2 years ago

Best game in your collection.

#9619 2 years ago

YOLO.

#9620 2 years ago
Quoted from charliex:

I just bought an AFM Remake SE for $9k today. Am I crazy? [quoted image]

Maybe, but not because of that.

#9621 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

After over 2 years of ownership, I finally got to “attempt to” Rule the Universe! Unfortunately, I didn’t know the objective, and was caught up in the excitement. So, I didn’t end up ruling after all, but excited to set a new Grand Champion score and say that I at least got there.
This game never gets old.
[quoted image]

I’m so close to reaching it too. I had all the inserts lit except I needed to destroy a couple more ships. AFM has great rules. Simple, but not easy to complete by any means.

#9622 2 years ago

The way things are going it's going to be hard to find an SE for under 12k in about a year. MM's are in the 15 to 20k range now.

#9623 2 years ago

Congrats to all of you AFMr owners. I want to join the club! If anyone is selling an LE in mint condition, please let me know. I live in NH not too far from Boston. Willing to pay to have it shipped via Fast Eddie or STI. Lemme know!!!

#9624 2 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Congrats to all of you AFMr owners. I want to join the club! If anyone is selling an LE in mint condition, please let me know. I live in NH not too far from Boston. Willing to pay to have it shipped via Fast Eddie or STI. Lemme know!!!

Message sent.

#9625 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The way things are going it's going to be hard to find an SE for under 12k in about a year. MM's are in the 15 to 20k range now.

That’s what I’m thinking and the FOMO is just getting worse.

#9626 2 years ago

I've got a remake classic that has the drop target for the saucer kill shot not resetting. After looking everything over the switch is not registering in switch test when the drop is down so the game thinks the drop is still up. I took a quick look at the switch and I noticed that there's no diode on the two outside leads like shown in the manual or online on the replacement mechanisms. Is there supposed to be a diode across the outer leads of the switch or has the design been updated since the manual was printed?

The game is not that old so really surprised a micro switch might be dead. I won't be able to check the switch with a multimeter to see if it's still good until Saturday so wondering if there is anything else I should look into for the switch not registering.

Thanks

#9627 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've got a remake classic that has the drop target for the saucer kill shot not resetting. After looking everything over the switch is not registering in switch test when the drop is down so the game thinks the drop is still up. I took a quick look at the switch and I noticed that there's no diode on the two outside leads like shown in the manual or online on the replacement mechanisms. Is there supposed to be a diode across the outer leads of the switch or has the design been updated since the manual was printed?
The game is not that old so really surprised a micro switch might be dead. I won't be able to check the switch with a multimeter to see if it's still good until Saturday so wondering if there is anything else I should look into for the switch not registering.
Thanks

Switches can go bad anytime but most likely the tab that actuates the switch needs to be bent back or the whole switch is loose on it's mounting

#9628 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Switches can go bad anytime but most likely the tab that actuates the switch needs to be bent back or the whole switch is loose on it's mounting

Thanks, the switch was manually actuated and is not registering at all when pushed all the way in in switch test. Sounds like a bad switch but was wondering about the missing diode. Replacement switch is on order and I'll test the switch with a multimeter when I can.

#9629 2 years ago

I've never seen a diode just up and leave so my guess is it's in the circuit somewhere else. If you did remove a diode but left the circuit intact that switch would activate not only the drop circuit but 9 or so other switches as well. Best use your ohm meter to test the switch. If you still have trouble I'll take a picture of my drop.

#9630 2 years ago

There was never a diode on this switch and there are none on any of the other switches on the machine which is why I'm asking. The manual shows them as needed and the replacement mechs show them there but none exist on this example. Very strange. Here is the switch in question removed from the machine. Factory soldering job looks sketchy as you can see. My guess is the diode was moved to the board and the docs not updated but why? Seems odd.

IMG_20210923_223402 (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_223402 (resized).jpg

#9631 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

There was never a diode on this switch and there are none on any of the other switches

Not needed on the remakes. Manual may have info from the original AFM which needed them.

LTG : )

#9632 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not needed on the remakes. Manual may have info from the original AFM which needed them.

thanks!

#9633 2 years ago

I would think there is a diode somewhere in the circuit, maybe on the board. Anything using a row and column system uses diodes.

#9634 2 years ago

Found it! Diodes are on the board. Much easier and neater way to do it unless you have one go bad.

#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Found it! Diodes are on the board. Much easier and neater way to do it unless you have one go bad.

As far as the switch wiring. If you replace a switch get the wires back in the correct spots. If in doubt switch body has tiny marking for NC, NO, & C.

#9636 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anything using a row and column system uses diodes.

But the AFMR manual clearly states that the game does NOT use a switch matrix. So, I don't think your statement would apply here, right?

Please note:. Not trying to argue. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

#9637 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anything using a row and column system uses diodes.

But the AFMR manual clearly states that the game does NOT use a switch matrix. So, I don't think your statement would apply here, right?

Please note:. Not trying to argue. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

#9638 2 years ago

My custom AFM neon plastic protector from Pinsider, Maffewl arrived and was easily installed. Excellent design and fit, and it really adds some nice color and protection for all that plastic around the mother ship.

Thanks, Maffewl! Well done.

8B80FCDC-0919-4499-BF33-5B712D97E6B9 (resized).jpeg8B80FCDC-0919-4499-BF33-5B712D97E6B9 (resized).jpeg
#9639 2 years ago

Just dropping in to let everyone know that I have restocked the Chrome saucers used in AFM and RFM.
I believe the same small saucer is used in both games:
AFM/RFM small Saucer - ChromeAFM/RFM small Saucer - Chrome
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/small-saucer-p-78.html

The large AFM saucer is also available in chrome; but I have limited stock:
AFM Large Saucer - ChromeAFM Large Saucer - Chrome
http://Pinball-mods.com/url/AFMSaucer

#9640 2 years ago

Those are pretty! Now you have me wondering if I should chrome the metalized saucers in my LE.

#9641 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those are pretty! Now you have me wondering if I should chrome the metalized saucers in my LE.

I haven't done my RFM.
I understand the chroming process for plastic isn't straight forward like it is for metal.
The process is complex and thereby more expensive.

#9642 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I haven't done my RFM.
I understand the chroming process for plastic isn't straight forward like it is for metal.
The process is complex and thereby more expensive.

I use SpazStix Mirror Chrome and black backer spray paint. Closest you can get to chrome in a can.

#9643 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I use SpazStix Mirror Chrome and black backer spray paint. Closest you can get to chrome in a can.

I don't think that's what Pinball.Center does. I'm somewhat sure it's the same process used on "chrome" for plastic models.
They electrostatically charge the plastic and bond some kind of coating on it...
https://www.startribune.com/q-how-do-you-chrome-plastic/41432532/
That said; I'm not 100% sure of the process since I didn't spec the parts.

#9644 2 years ago

Does afmr use the exact same diagnostic tests as afm95? Or is it something different that cg did?

#9645 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Does afmr use the exact same diagnostic tests as afm95? Or is it something different that cg did?

For Williams stuff, adjustments, tests, utilities, etc. Yes. Hit the enter button same as Williams.

For CGC stuff, hold escape button down for 5 seconds or so to get into the CGC menu for their settings.

#9646 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't think that's what Pinball.Center does. I'm somewhat sure it's the same process used on "chrome" for plastic models.
They electrostatically charge the plastic and bond some kind of coating on it...
https://www.startribune.com/q-how-do-you-chrome-plastic/41432532/
That said; I'm not 100% sure of the process since I didn't spec the parts.

No, I wasn’t saying that. Just saying if I were to do my own, then that is how since I already have the paint. The chrome ones you are offering are a superior finish to chrome paint. Just saying I like how yours look so much that I’m tempted to chrome paint mine.

Do you have any photos installed in a game?

#9647 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just placed an order for 6 small ships and one large. I’m going to install my 6 different colored flasher domes in them and I’ll post pics when it’s all done! I’m looking forward to the chrome ships. I have mirror blades and these should look fantastic with the mirrors!

#9648 2 years ago

Figured i would toss it out there. I have a clean original MM and am looking to trade it for an AFM LE if anyone is looking to let one go.

Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Original Medieval Madness for trade only for an AFM LE. Overall in great shape for its age. Has comet leds in it, a color dmd, and mirror blades that are pretty scratched up but ha...”
2021-09-25
Redding, CA
Trade
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 1699 times

#9649 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, I wasn’t saying that. Just saying if I were to do my own

Ah. Fair enough. I kinda figured that is what you meant.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, I do not have an AFM - as they are to bloody expensive. I really wanted to find a project AFM to restore... but those are nearly impossible to find. (or I lack the right contacts)
Maybe one day I'll trade my Monster Bash for one to set along side the RFM.

Hopefully Pinkitten will post some pictures and maybe give me permission to use them on the product page.

#9650 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Hopefully Pinkitten will post some pictures and maybe give me permission to use them on the product page.

Absolutely!

I’ll forward pics ASAP once they arrive and I have them installed. Should be this coming weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.