pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 212.
#9551 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is it a common issue to have left ramp flap not touching the playfield?

No. Remove screws, lift ramp a little. Gently bend the flap down a little.

LTG : )

#9552 2 years ago

Is it a common issue to have left ramp flap not touching the playfield?

Just my opinion, but I would say "no". I'm thinking all ramp flaps touch the playfield to make the ball transition as smooth as possible.

#9553 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Remove screws, lift ramp a little. Gently bend the flap down a little.

Thanks Lloyd!

#9554 2 years ago

I just wanted to post on here that the flipper mech "mod" of setting the height at that of the original machine and adjusting the stop to be at a normal resting point has revitalized me for this game. I think CGC did an amazing job, but the limited flipper travel never felt right. Now I feel like I'm playing a brand new machine.

Edit: Just realized that others may not be familiar with this adjustment. CrazyLevi discusses it in Post #31 in the thread linked below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-#post-6224141

#9555 2 years ago

Mickspinball.com is now offering a limited edition Topper Kit for both the Classic or Special Edition CGC AFMr remakes. The Topper is a Big O Jiggly Martian with Red LED eyes flying his own flying saucer. The saucer has multi-colored flashing porthole lighting on both the top and bottom. It comes fully assembled, is plug & play and installs in just a couple of minutes.

Details can be found on my website at: https://www.mickspinball.com/afm-saucer-topper-kit

BOJ Saucer Kit.GIFBOJ Saucer Kit.GIF

The Kit size is 4" by 4" by 4" (H/W/D). This topper is perfect for those that have a low ceiling.

If you are interested in installing the Kit on the Original Bally AFM or another machine, contact me for special instructions on how to install.

As mentioned, this is a limited edition Kit and will be discontinued once it is sold out.

#9556 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Mickspinball.com is now offering a limited edition Topper Kit for both the Classic or Special Edition CGC AFMr remakes. The Topper is a Big O Jiggly Martian with Red LED eyes flying his own flying saucer. The saucer has multi-colored flashing porthole lighting on both the top and bottom. It comes fully assembled, is plug & play and installs in just a couple of minutes.
Details can be found on my website at: https://www.mickspinball.com/afm-saucer-topper-kit
[quoted image]
The Kit size is 4" by 4" by 4" (H/W/D). This topper is perfect for those that have a low ceiling.
If you are interested in installing the Kit on the Original Bally AFM or another machine, contact me for special instructions on how to install.
As mentioned, this is a limited edition Kit and will be discontinued once it is sold out.

Have any pics from further away where we could see how it looks on the machine? Looks awesome btw!

#9557 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Have any pics from further away where we could see how it looks on the machine? Looks awesome btw!

Thanks for asking, I just have this one picture when I first put this kit together, I have since sold my machine, and can not take anymore pictures, maybe those that have bought this kit, will share.

Hope this helps..

Mick
IMG_9968 (resized).jpgIMG_9968 (resized).jpg

#9558 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

[quoted image]

It looks nice. Are the flashing porthole lights sync'd to the gameplay at all, or do they flash all the time when the game is powered up?

#9559 2 years ago

It is just a constant flashing display, not tied to the game play...

#9560 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

It is just a constant flashing display, not tied to the game play...

Thanks!

#9561 2 years ago

Can the ce be upgraded to the se display? Speakers/sound?

#9562 2 years ago

It seems that the 3-bank target can sometimes create a "ball-lock" where the ball stays behind the 3-bank target and in front of the standup-target under the saucer - even when there is a ball search, the ball does not seem to be able to roll down the playfield and go above the 3-bank target. It seems that I have to try to adjust the 3-bank target a bit so that the ball could roll down freely.

But how to adjust the 3-bank target? I attach a picture from the manual for reference - I have tried adjusting the screws in the bottom of the mechanism (maybe its the screw no 6(?)), but it does not seem to do any good.

Thanks for any help!

3Bank (resized).jpg3Bank (resized).jpg
#9563 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that the 3-bank target can sometimes create a "ball-lock" where the ball stays behind the 3-bank target and in front of the standup-target under the saucer - even when there is a ball search, the ball does not seem to be able to roll down the playfield and go above the 3-bank target. It seems that I have to try to adjust the 3-bank target a bit so that the ball could roll down freely.
But how to adjust the 3-bank target? I attach a picture from the manual for reference - I have tried adjusting the screws in the bottom of the mechanism (maybe its the screw no 6(?)), but it does not seem to do any good.
Thanks for any help!
[quoted image]

Are you saying that your 3-bank target is not level with the playfield (i.e. it extends above slightly) when in the down position?
If so, this is a very simple fix as there are two screws at the bottom of the target assembly (#6 and the same to the right in the diagram) that you will just need to adjust to raise/lower/level the target bank while in the down position.

#9564 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you saying that your 3-bank target is not level with the playfield (i.e. it extends above slightly) when in the down position?
If so, this is a very simple fix as there are two screws at the bottom of the target assembly (#6 and the same to the right in the diagram) that you will just need to adjust to raise/lower/level the target bank while in the down position.

Exactly! Yes, I tried adjusting the #6-screws, but it did not seem to do anything... I need to redo it. Plus when I adjusted, I think the mech was not in the down position.

#9565 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Folks on facebook, not sure I remember who, said yes it does work. You can track down the MMr upgraded display and it should be ok. Not sure if the sound is any different or not.

#9566 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Exactly! Yes, I tried adjusting the #6-screws, but it did not seem to do anything... I need to redo it. Plus when I adjusted, I think the mech was not in the down position.

Yes, make sure targets are dropped with adjusting 2 screws as these screws set the lowered position. Just takes a little tweaking as I've done it a few times on my pin (initially and after installing Cliffy protector).

#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

The parts aren't available, like they were for MMR.

#9568 2 years ago

I don’t think I posted this yet, but I decided to try changing the flasher dome covers from all red to a variety of colors. I saw replacement ships available complete with different colored domes, which gave me the idea, but decided to change them myself. They have some hot glue under each, but it’s not too hard to remove the glue with needle nose pliers. I popped new ones in, hot glued them and they are in biz for just a few bucks! I like the variety!

4F7196BA-89E6-4A2B-AFA3-7D490810EAE0 (resized).jpeg4F7196BA-89E6-4A2B-AFA3-7D490810EAE0 (resized).jpegFC29BAD4-9FFF-445A-BC66-AA7DEEEFCBB1 (resized).jpegFC29BAD4-9FFF-445A-BC66-AA7DEEEFCBB1 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#9569 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been covered yet in this thread so sorry if this has. I got an AFMr Standard figuring if i really enjoyed it I would sell it and upgrade to an LE, well enter these new Covid prices I needed to figure out a way to make my Standard and LE, Enter where this post comes into use at. After being told from multiple sources that it won't work i figured why not try it for myself so I ordered the XL Display upgrade intended for the MMr. To cut to the short of it I discovered it is 100% possible to make the XL Display work on the AFMr SE and it is extremely easy. I will detail the steps below for anyone wanting to do this on their own game.

1) Follow instructions in display for removing the standard display
2)Once you mount the new display on the pins this is where it starts to differ.
3)You do not need to use the cable adapter that comes with kit but rather uncoil the wires on the top left side and plug the Molex into the connector in the back box
AFM Connector (resized).jpgAFM Connector (resized).jpg
4)Plug the yellow black power wire into the Molex in the back box
5)This next step is to get the Speaker Lights to work RGB with the game, You need to snip the zip tie that is holding the 2 Molex connectors together. You can see in the photos below.
Speaker Wire Snip (resized).jpgSpeaker Wire Snip (resized).jpgSpeaker Wire Seperation (resized).jpgSpeaker Wire Seperation (resized).jpg
6)Once you have the molex disconnected you are going to run the wires up to the mpu board. You will be plugging this into the upper right Molex that is currently empty
AFM Speaker Light Connection (resized).jpgAFM Speaker Light Connection (resized).jpg
7)Now you can put the DMD/Spearker panel back and get ready to raise the playfield to change out the subwoofer.
8)The current subwoofer is easy to remove just loosen the 4 nuts holding it in, you can now choose how you want to connect the new woofer in, i chose to unsolder the old and solder the new one in

AFM Cable Group (resized).jpgAFM Cable Group (resized).jpg
#9570 2 years ago

Swoods…thank you for the write up…I plan on doing this. Where did you find the screen? Everyone seems sold out that I have checked with.

#9571 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Swoods…thank you for the write up…I plan on doing this. Where did you find the screen? Everyone seems sold out that I have checked with.

Classic game rooms down in Georgia

#9572 2 years ago

Don’t know if everyone here deals with this, but my machine loves to airball on a ship drop target reflection. So I created this. Really happy with how it turned out, and kinda neat that it flashes green during strobe multiball.

4228D15A-DEDF-4D67-AE84-0926D46FCEDD (resized).jpeg4228D15A-DEDF-4D67-AE84-0926D46FCEDD (resized).jpeg4A085CDC-0C4B-4876-9C2E-619C62AEC9C4 (resized).jpeg4A085CDC-0C4B-4876-9C2E-619C62AEC9C4 (resized).jpeg

#9573 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Don’t know if everyone here deals with this, but my machines loves to airball on a ship drop target reflection. So I created this. Really happy with how it turned out, and kinda neat that it flashes green during strobe multiball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! Great job

#9574 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Don’t know if everyone here deals with this, but my machines loves to airball on a ship drop target reflection. So I created this. Really happy with how it turned out, and kinda neat that it flashes green during strobe multiball.

Looks great!

I just bent my drop forward a little.

No more airballs.

#9575 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Don’t know if everyone here deals with this, but my machine loves to airball on a ship drop target reflection. So I created this. Really happy with how it turned out, and kinda neat that it flashes green during strobe multiball.

So cool! PM sent…

#9576 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Never noticed the issue, but looks great and blends nicely. I already own the green plastic protector set so would be curious how well this matches in color and thickness.

#9577 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

[quoted image]

IMG_9968 (resized).jpgIMG_9968 (resized).jpg
#9578 2 years ago

Hi Mickster . How tall is this mod ,Thanks looks cool

#9579 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Did you make this yourself or have it cut somewhere else (was it laser cut)? Will you be offering them for sale (if so, how much)?

#9580 2 years ago

Im after a full set of green plastic protectors…they seem soid out everywhere. Any leads for me?

Thanks.

#9581 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Im after a full set of green plastic protectors…they seem soid out everywhere. Any leads for me?
Thanks.

Pinbits is the normal place: https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=636

Have you emailed them to ask about if/when they would be restocked?

#9582 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hi Mickster . How tall is this mod ,Thanks looks cool

About 5 inches, great for those that have a low ceiling...

Thanks for asking

https://www.mickspinball.com/afm-saucer-topper-kit

#9583 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Pinbits is the normal place: https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=636
Have you emailed them to ask about if/when they would be restocked?

*Pinbits Warning*

Make sure to contact them before sending any money, not sure if they are back working or not, as they went dormant for some time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel

#9584 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

*Pinbits Warning*
Make sure to contact them before sending any money, not sure if they are back working or not, as they went dormant for some time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel

This is true, they went radio silent for some time although you could still place orders and pay for things. I paid for a White Water plastic protector set and never received it, and couldn’t get a response. So don’t order unless they confirm they are up and running.

#9585 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have sent a few emails to Pinbits…no reply.

Was wondering if anywhere else might have the all green sets. Not seeing any so just thought Id ask.

#9586 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have sent a few emails to Pinbits…no reply.
Was wondering if anywhere else might have the all green sets. Not seeing any so just thought Id ask.

I might have a way to get them made, but would take significant effort on my part assuming I could (I would have to remove mine, create traces, and create outline paths in Illustrator). I'm checking with a source to see if he's already done some before.

I know it would depend on price, but how many owners would be interested in a set if I could get them made? I'm guessing final price would be around $60 for the 8 piece set. More than what others have charged, but then again you can't really find them anymore.

#9587 2 years ago

#9588 2 years ago

I have an extra set of green fluorescent protectors but was hoping to change the GI color from warm white to cool white before installing them. No word on any of those GI lamps in CW from PPS.

#9589 2 years ago

Mr. T…

I would be interested…

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks.

Here you go.
I have these and like them very much. I have them in most of my games.
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?n=60&s=980&e=50&m=&p=1&o=1&guid=&l=1&q=

#9591 2 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Here you go.
I have these and like them very much. I have them in most of my games.
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?n=60&s=980&e=50&m=&p=1&o=1&guid=&l=1&q=

Thanks Jeff… I saw those. Unless my Google skills are failing me they appear they would cost about $120 shipped. Does that seem right to you? I very well could off on this… but probably more than I am willing to spend just to get the color I want…

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you make this yourself or have it cut somewhere else (was it laser cut)? Will you be offering them for sale (if so, how much)?

I did, and correct, they are laser cut. I’m also looking into making these for purchase and what the cost will be. As for color, they are 1/8” thick and the same green fluorescent as commonly used. That said, I can make this in any color, including clear.

#9593 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if this has been covered yet in this thread so sorry if this has. I got an AFMr Standard figuring if i really enjoyed it I would sell it and upgrade to an LE, well enter these new Covid prices I needed to figure out a way to make my Standard and LE, Enter where this post comes into use at. After being told from multiple sources that it won't work i figured why not try it for myself so I ordered the XL Display upgrade intended for the MMr. To cut to the short of it I discovered it is 100% possible to make the XL Display work on the AFMr SE and it is extremely easy. I will detail the steps below for anyone wanting to do this on their own game.
1) Follow instructions in display for removing the standard display
2)Once you mount the new display on the pins this is where it starts to differ.
3)You do not need to use the cable adapter that comes with kit but rather uncoil the wires on the top left side and plug the Molex into the connector in the back box
[quoted image]
4)Plug the yellow black power wire into the Molex in the back box
5)This next step is to get the Speaker Lights to work RGB with the game, You need to snip the zip tie that is holding the 2 Molex connectors together. You can see in the photos below.
6)Once you have the molex disconnected you are going to run the wires up to the mpu board. You will be plugging this into the upper right Molex that is currently empty
[quoted image]
7)Now you can put the DMD/Spearker panel back and get ready to raise the playfield to change out the subwoofer.
8)The current subwoofer is easy to remove just loosen the 4 nuts holding it in, you can now choose how you want to connect the new woofer in, i chose to unsolder the old and solder the new one in
[quoted image]

Confirmed that this works! I’ve been holding off on hunting one of these down until I knew for sure it was compatible. Awesome upgrade!

0F7FB3FC-267F-4074-AA6B-9A2FEF9F33C1 (resized).jpeg0F7FB3FC-267F-4074-AA6B-9A2FEF9F33C1 (resized).jpeg7B7363A8-22AE-4895-AD41-409FA7E7CBE8 (resized).jpeg7B7363A8-22AE-4895-AD41-409FA7E7CBE8 (resized).jpeg
#9594 2 years ago

Speaker Grills Stainless steel AFM/MB/MM XL

Hi!
I gote some mails if i would do a re-run for the stainless speaker grills for the versions with XL display

so i can offer

MB XL display version
AFM XL display version
MM XL display version

and
MM Classic version without the holes ( you can use small erathmagnets to mount it)

the price for 1 kit is 59$ shipped
the price for 2 kit is 105$ shipped

this is a group order, please send me a pm if you want to join

tom
09bbead9446df2a8db227b482cb6c5e999c62807 (resized).jpg09bbead9446df2a8db227b482cb6c5e999c62807 (resized).jpg42dc9216e3fd201bd02062b37f8c81261483309c (1) (resized).jpg42dc9216e3fd201bd02062b37f8c81261483309c (1) (resized).jpg42dc9216e3fd201bd02062b37f8c81261483309c (resized).jpg42dc9216e3fd201bd02062b37f8c81261483309c (resized).jpg58b146abe10d418e05ed3c2c9883a822ca66c5d8 (resized).jpg58b146abe10d418e05ed3c2c9883a822ca66c5d8 (resized).jpg9d73bac48105a63640822ce8278ae9f0b12de378 (resized).jpg9d73bac48105a63640822ce8278ae9f0b12de378 (resized).jpgb648d933762effe431832f5524b429162abb5839 (resized).jpgb648d933762effe431832f5524b429162abb5839 (resized).jpgdc8661d9689e6cb181ccc87c20d01dad6c539515 (resized).jpgdc8661d9689e6cb181ccc87c20d01dad6c539515 (resized).jpgf9188749062259508230edef28105261c7540aa8 (resized).jpgf9188749062259508230edef28105261c7540aa8 (resized).jpg

#9595 2 years ago

I heard a rumor that CGC was going to do a brand new run of AFM's. Has anyone else heard this. I am desperately wanting a SE.
Thanks

#9596 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I heard a rumor that CGC was going to do a brand new run of AFM's. Has anyone else heard this. I am desperately wanting a SE.
Thanks

I thought you wanted the original
Coincidentally I’m looking for a nice FH and happen to own a AFMr SPecialE

#9597 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I might have a way to get them made, but would take significant effort on my part assuming I could (I would have to remove mine, create traces, and create outline paths in Illustrator). I'm checking with a source to see if he's already done some before.
I know it would depend on price, but how many owners would be interested in a set if I could get them made? I'm guessing final price would be around $60 for the 8 piece set. More than what others have charged, but then again you can't really find them anymore.

I just wanted to update… I found a set. Thanks to Kristen at Mezels…. Dont rip apart the machine on my account!

#9598 2 years ago

I talked myself into an SE. But I would still take an original. Ive got a FH but i just cant part with it.

#9599 2 years ago

I have a nice FH im selling.

Fresh over the top restore.

Wont be cheap though.

#9600 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I talked myself into an SE. But I would still take an original. Ive got a FH but i just cant part with it.

Bummer

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a nice FH im selling.
Fresh over the top restore.
Wont be cheap though.

At the moment I’m looking for a trade of my AFMr

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/192?hl=jonest3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.