pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 212.
#9401 2 years ago

I'm surprised no 3rd party toppers yet that mimic the LE's in some manner.

#9402 2 years ago

Looking for an AFMr SE in the NJ, PA, NY area if anyone is looking to sell.

#9403 2 years ago

Joined the club today

027DA717-0DDA-4238-8AEB-57A75139A742 (resized).jpeg027DA717-0DDA-4238-8AEB-57A75139A742 (resized).jpeg
#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Looking for an AFMr SE in the NJ, PA, NY area if anyone is looking to sell.

I have an AFMr SE for sale in the Chicago area.

Mick

#9405 2 years ago

Is there a vote on the BigOJiggly Martian? They seem pricey at $19 a pop. Curious of ones thoughts on them.

#9406 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is there a vote on the BigOJiggly Martian? They seem pricey at $19 a pop. Curious of ones thoughts on them.

Personally, I really like the the versions with illuminated eyes (you can see my post using the link below). I now have all 4 with red eyes but I know there are new versions with color changing eyes. I have mine set to medium vibration, as high is just over the top shaking and noise for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/160#post-5362454

#9407 2 years ago

Interesting, the Big O Jiggly Martians from mickspinball.com are cheaper then the "solid" replacements for the original ones...more robust, larger and of course a bit more "entertaining"...with or without the LED eyes....

Mick

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Interesting, the Big O Jiggly Martians from mickspinball.com are cheaper then the "solid" replacements for the original ones...more robust, larger and of course a bit more "entertaining"...with or without the LED eyes....
Mick

I guess I’m cheap. Sorry to offend you. I’ve never considered what it takes to make them nor have I priced the original solid ones.

#9409 2 years ago

I guess I’m cheap. Sorry to offend you. I’ve never considered what it takes to make them nor have I priced the original solid ones.

$30 for a green one: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-23-6768

#9411 2 years ago

I now love the ones on my machine

You could sell them below PPS price, buy the jiggly ones, and still have money left over.

#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You could sell them below PPS price, buy the jiggly ones, and still have money left over.

Good idea

#9413 2 years ago

Perfect timing everyone...

Memorial Day Sale

Free Shipping on Big O Jiggly Martians and Big O Jiggly Martians with LED Eyes

(minimum order of two Martians required).

Valid on orders received between 5pm, May 28th and Midnight, May 31st.

mickspinball.com

#9414 2 years ago

Are there any mini saucer upgrades with leds for the SE model?

#9415 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

So here's what happened with the mini saucer upgrades.

Initially the mini saucers were listed as an "included upgrade" for LE owners but before any upgrade kits could be produced, the LE owners bitched that the mini saucers should be unique to their game an no one else should have them. CGC then made this an LE only part and no upgrade kits were ever made available.

Feeling slighted by this, the technically inclined SE owners purchased ALL of the spare mini-saucer boards and built there own saucer upgrades from the already produced mini-saucer spares.

This brings us to where we are now, there are no upgrades for the mini-saucers and the entire stock of spare light boards to support the mini saucer upgrade is exhausted; CGC has no plans to make another production run of these boards. Hopefully the LE owners are aware that their machines are now out of warranty and there are 0 replacement boards to support failed saucer boards on their machines.

#9416 2 years ago

Couldn't be hard for a switched on modder to do a run of these boards and offer them though?

#9417 2 years ago

Wow, thanks for that information.

blockquote cite="#6308075">So here's what happened with the mini saucer upgrades.
Initially the mini saucers were listed as an "included upgrade" for LE owners but before any upgrade kits could be produced, the LE owners bitched that the mini saucers should be unique to their game an no one else should have them. CGC then made this an LE only part and no upgrade kits were ever made available.
Feeling slighted by this, the technically inclined SE owners purchased ALL of the spare mini-saucer boards and built there own saucer upgrades from the already produced mini-saucer spares.
This brings us to where we are now, there are no upgrades for the mini-saucers and the entire stock of spare light boards to support the mini saucer upgrade is exhausted; CGC has no plans to make another production run of these boards. Hopefully the LE owners are aware that their machines are now out of warranty and there are 0 replacement boards to support failed saucer boards on their machines.

#9418 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Couldn't be hard for a switched on modder to do a run of these boards and offer them though?

Maybe difficult, each mini saucer board contains a microprocessor, typically an ink dot is placed on these chips to signify they have been programmed; this will be the largest hurdle to overcome.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The schematics for this part are readily available.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Maybe difficult, each mini saucer board contains a microprocessor, typically an ink dot is placed on these chips to signify they have been programmed; this will be the largest hurdle to overcome.
[quoted image]
The schematics for this part are readily available.
[quoted image]

Too bad for others, I managed to grab two of these for my SE, easy to install with the purchased of the still now available, other needed parts....wiring and circuit board...sorry I could not get four more, I guess I lucked out before somebody figured out to not to sell these anymore...either CGC or PPS, not sure, it really is a great addition to have.

Selling my SE anyway, at least I have two installed...Great addition....oh well...

Reminder mickspinball.com currently offering free shipping for Big O Jiggly Martians, LED Lighted or alone, for this holiday weekend...It really is a great addition and an improvement to the stock, stiff playfield Martians now included in the stock machines.

Mick

https://www.mickspinball.com/

#9420 2 years ago

ok so finally got of my arse and got ROM 1.3B onto my game but sad trombone it doesn't work CGC-Ryan CGC_DougS I know you guys are busy with the next game but it would make this game so much better if we could have 1.3B for tournaments please. Let us know how much we can crowdsource it!

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Too bad for others, I managed to grab two of these for my SE, easy to install with the purchased of the still now available, other needed parts....wiring and circuit board...sorry I could not get four more, I guess I lucked out before somebody figured out to not to sell these anymore...either CGC or PPS, not sure, it really is a great addition to have.
Selling my SE anyway, at least I have two installed...Great addition....oh well...
Reminder mickspinball.com currently offering free shipping for Big O Jiggly Martians, LED Lighted or alone, for this holiday weekend...It really is a great addition and an improvement to the stock, stiff playfield Martians now included in the stock machines.
Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/

Yes CGC etc., I guess decided to cut off production or availability of these parts, I was looking ever since my buddy bought his LE, I was looking for a long time after I bought my SE, and I did manage to get all of the necessary parts, circuit board, all wiring for the interface board and each individual wiring for all of the six saucers, but I was only able to snag 2 of the saucer circuit boards.....my cost to add these parts to my SE machine was around $150.00 just to have two....but the included two Bi Colored saucers, plus the additional (4 ) saucer wiring will be included in the sale of my machine, so maybe in the future CGC will find a box of extra saucer boards and decide to finally sell them off.

I am certainly sure that there are a lot of these particular extra parts sitting around, and that will be laying around for many years, probably a material and labor/manufacturing cost loss.

Don't know, don't care now, as I am selling mine and will sorely miss it, but it really is a great addition to any of the remakes.

I initially was thinking of making/re-producing them, but the design, material and engineering etc. cost/s being too high, and most importantly the possible repercussions is certainly not worth it...

PS Does anyone really think that the LE owners would care?

Mick

#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Yes CGC etc., I guess decided to cut off production or availability of these parts, I was looking ever since my buddy bought his LE, I was looking for a long time after I bought my SE, and I did manage to get all of the necessary parts, circuit board, all wiring for the interface board and each individual wiring for all of the six saucers, but I was only able to snag 2 of the saucer circuit boards.....my cost to add these parts to my SE machine was around $150.00 just to have two....but the included two Bi Colored saucers, plus the additional (4 ) saucer wiring will be included in the sale of my machine, so maybe in the future CGC will find a box of extra saucer boards and decide to finally sell them off.
I am certainly sure that there are a lot of these particular extra parts sitting around, and that will be laying around for many years, probably a material and labor/manufacturing cost loss.
Don't know, don't care now, as I am selling mine and will sorely miss it, but it really is a great addition to any of the remakes.
I initially was thinking of making/re-producing them, but the design, material and engineering etc. cost/s being too high, and most importantly the possible repercussions is certainly not worth it...
PS Does anyone really think that the LE owners would care?
Mick

I’m sure it depends on the individual LE owner. I wouldn’t care if I owned an LE. I’m all for improving a pin freely to ones liking and ability. From a guy who grew up poor with nothing but necessities, I may have a different opinion

#9423 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I installed a lit drop target in my pin today. It's SO much easier to see if it's up or down now.
The photo doesn't really do it justice...

I decided to give it a try myself. I actually designed and 3D printed my own drop target, installed a red LED strip below, and here are my results - I love it!
IMG_6005 (resized).JPGIMG_6005 (resized).JPGIMG_6016 (resized).JPGIMG_6016 (resized).JPGIMG_6017 (resized).JPGIMG_6017 (resized).JPG

IMG_6024 (resized).JPGIMG_6024 (resized).JPGIMG_6023 (resized).JPGIMG_6023 (resized).JPG
#9424 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I decided to give it a try myself. I actually designed and 3D printed my own drop target, installed a red LED strip below, and here are my results - I love it!

Assuming it's okay with EStroh (his idea), I'm thinking about offing kits for this mod if enough people are interested (say at least 10 or so). I don't have an idea of price yet, but if a few expressed interest I would work the numbers out and get serious about it. As a kit I would include everything you need for the install - custom designed 3D printed drop target, target decal, LED strip, wiring, and a splitter/connector for seamlessly tying into a GI strand.

I know that anyone could order the separate parts themselves and make the mod, but I also know that you would have to order and pay shipping from as many as four different suppliers. I also know that many like modding to be as simple as possible, and don't mind paying a little extra to get a complete package ready to go. Anyway, post if you are interested and if there are enough responses then I'll work out pricing and see if I can offer the mod to the group and the original AFM owners.

IMG_6025 (resized).JPGIMG_6025 (resized).JPGIMG_6026 (resized).JPGIMG_6026 (resized).JPGIMG_6027 (resized).JPGIMG_6027 (resized).JPG

target (resized).jpgtarget (resized).jpg
#9425 2 years ago

How durable do you think a 3D printed target will be, even with 100% infill? That target takes a beating. I’ve yet to see anything 3d printed that can withstand a steel ball whacking it repeatedly. Probably needs to be made in molded plastic for durability.

#9426 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How durable do you think a 3D printed target will be, even with 100% infill? That target takes a beating. I’ve yet to see anything 3d printed that can withstand a steel ball whacking it repeatedly. Probably needs to be made in molded plastic for durability.

Actually, based on my design and the orientation I print them in, they are quite strong, have a wide range of flex, and I struggle to break or even crack them by hand. They also hold their shape better after flex than the originals which seem to warp a little. Also, my switch tab and spring hook are thicker than the OEM versions which add additional strength and durability to those elements. The general way to add strength to a 3D print is to print in an orientation so that the "grain" is oriented in a direction of maximum strength based on usage, use the correct number of shells, print at the optimal resolution, and for the part to be thick enough to allow for alternating layer fill orientations (all of which I integrate into this target). Also, since the material used is a little harder than the OEM targets, this lends itself to less wear and tear on elements such as the small tabs that catch the target to keep it in place when extended.

I've actually designed, prototyped, printed and sold a couple of dozen 3D printed drop targets for older games that are hard to acquire now to a few users and not had a single case of failure (actually, the owners tell me they are more durable than the originals). I basically used what I learned from designing and testing these targets to create the AFM version.

The travel on these when impacted is only a couple of mm, and the way the spring loaded mechanism works there is really not that much stress on the target. The most common failure of OEM targets that I've see is on the narrow point at the base below the bottom slot. Even so, this area is quite strong on my 3D printed targets given the thickness and print orientation to the point that it takes significant force to break in that area by hand using forces and stresses from different angles the target will never receive in actual gameplay.

IMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6028 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPG

#9427 2 years ago

I have a similar lit drop target kit made by indypinhead that is not 3D printed. I can't recall the process, but it is extremely strong and has absolutely zero give (no bending) at all.

It is transparent and illuminates well. There is an embossed pattern (no decal) so light glows through. I have had it on TS, but he made a design for AFM as well.

Not sure if he still makes it, but I've had it for over 5 years and it is an excellent product. I had a 3D printed target in the past that did not hold up. It became too malleable from repeated hits. Not saying all 3D targets will get too bendy, but that was my experience.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-roll-over-drop-target

#9428 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, based on my design and the orientation I print them in, they are quite strong, have a wide range of flex, and I struggle to break or even crack them by hand. They also hold their shape better after flex than the originals which seem to warp a little. Also, my switch tab and spring hook are thicker than the OEM versions which add additional strength and durability to those elements. The general way to add strength to a 3D print is to print in an orientation so that the "grain" is oriented in a direction of maximum strength based on usage, use the correct number of shells, print at the optimal resolution, and for the part to be thick enough to allow for alternating layer fill orientations (all of which I integrate into this target). Also, since the material used is a little harder than the OEM targets, this lends itself to less wear and tear on elements such as the small tabs that catch the target to keep it in place when extended.
I've actually designed, prototyped, printed and sold a couple of dozen 3D printed drop targets for older games that are hard to acquire now to a few users and not had a single case of failure (actually, the owners tell me they are more durable than the originals). I basically used what I learned from designing and testing these targets to create the AFM version.
The travel on these when impacted is only a couple of mm, and the way the spring loaded mechanism works there is really not that much stress on the target. The most common failure of OEM targets that I've see is on the narrow point at the base below the bottom slot. Even so, this area is quite strong on my 3D printed targets given the thickness and print orientation to the point that it takes significant force to break in that area by hand using forces and stresses from different angles the target will never receive in actual gameplay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would just get the translucent ones from zitt. They are polycarbonate and really take a beating.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-williams-p-47.html

Also i would offer your front standup targets in the kit to finish it up like yours is.

It looks incredible.

Covering the sticker with 12 mil vinyl will be adequate for pinball use.

#9429 2 years ago

All good input from everyone, and I understand everyone questioning just how well a 3D printed target would perform. However, I'm confident in my design's performance and durability (otherwise I wouldn't offer it) based on my own testing and actual use in other owner's pins for nearly a year now. I couldn't recall before, but these were designed for Spinball brand pins when some buyers commissioned me to produce some replacement drop targets since they couldn't find replacements. Bottom line for me is if I offer this mod as a kit, it will contain my 3D printed version of the target. Not sure how to explain or show it any better than I already have regarding the strength and durability of my version of the target design/print.

Just because others may have made/sold 3D printed targets that were inferior, doesn't mean what I produce is also poor quality. As I stated before, there are multiple technical elements to consider when designing and producing 3D printed parts, and quite honestly most people in the hobby don't understand each of these elements enough to produce top quality items.

As far as materials go, polycarbonates are just types of plastics and can be either injection molded or extrusion (i.e. 3D FDM printer). While the material I use is advertised as PLA, it is actually some sort of blend as it is ultra translucent for PLA (typically you have to go to PETG or Flex TPU for similar clarity). This particular material doesn't have the same limited flex/tensile strength as the standard PLA's I use for a multitude of my other mods. I agree that 3D printing isn't the answer to every application, but in this particular instance a properly designed/printed 3D model is a great solution.

I looked up your link to indypinhead targets, and definitely similar to what I would offer. I could do the lighting the same way, but space is tight on AFM, so I figured the LED strip would work better (also I don't typically like using wedge sockets below the playfield unless I glue the bulb to the socket). If he was still selling these, then it would be a good solution for AFMr, except you would want a wire harness to tap into GI instead of the alligator clips. I make them myself, but previously they were available from Mezel Mods for $5 + shipping (don't know if they still are or not). I also see he was charging $50 shipped which is probably a little more than what I would charge.

As far as Zitt's targets go, they are of the same mold as the OEM which I don't particularly like for illumination since they are thin and show the support structure behind the face of the target.

As I have already shared, if I were to put together a packaged mod nothing I'm doing is proprietary. If there are those who like the idea, but don't want to purchase from me then you can always source/make the parts yourself. Some may not want to take the time to order from the 4-5 suppliers, maybe have to order the individual parts to make a wiring harness if they don't want to cut/splice into their OEM wiring, etc. However, I know there are also plenty of capable owners out there (many much more talented than I am) who can do whatever they want without my help. If you're in the latter group, then what I end up offering will probably not be for you.

#9430 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the AFMR with the head folded down, just the depth is really all I need. Thanks in advance.

#9431 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the AFMR with the head folded down, just the depth is really all I need. Thanks in advance.

I don't know, but to be clear I assume you want to know the height/depth with the legs off?

#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Assuming it's okay with EStroh (his idea), I'm thinking about offing kits for this mod if enough people are interested (say at least 10 or so). I don't have an idea of price yet, but if a few expressed interest I would work the numbers out and get serious about it. As a kit I would include everything you need for the install - custom designed 3D printed drop target, target decal, LED strip, wiring, and a splitter/connector for seamlessly tying into a GI strand.
I know that anyone could order the separate parts themselves and make the mod, but I also know that you would have to order and pay shipping from as many as four different suppliers. I also know that many like modding to be as simple as possible, and don't mind paying a little extra to get a complete package ready to go. Anyway, post if you are interested and if there are enough responses then I'll work out pricing and see if I can offer the mod to the group and the original AFM owners.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll take a set please.

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’ll take a set please.

Haven't decided if I'm going to do it yet, but I'll put you down as interested.

#9434 2 years ago

Sorry, yes.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't know, but to be clear I assume you want to know the height/depth with the legs off?

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

30”

#9436 2 years ago

Does anyone know the dimensions of the AFM Se backbox? I would like to buy one but need to know if I can move it up some fairly narrow stairs. If the backbox is wider than 29.5 inch’s it will not fit unless I can remove the backbox. Is removing the backbox fairly easy? If anyone has one for sale in Northern Nevada, please let me know.

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from Bcblab:

Does anyone know the dimensions of the AFM Se backbox?

Same as all the AFM backboxes. 28 5/8ths inches

LTG : )

#9438 2 years ago

I know I read this somewhere here before - I need to stop my glass from shaking, and also tighten up my lockdown bar.
Do I just turn the 2 flat head screw under my lock down bar to tighten that up?

Thanks!

#9439 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Tighten up the lockdown bar.

Foam rubber for rattling glass.

LTG : )

#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I know I read this somewhere here before - I need to stop my glass from shaking, and also tighten up my lockdown bar.
Thanks!

Stick a 1" piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel that holds the glass, mid way up the playfield.

Maybe put it in 2 locations.

This works really well.

Experiment with small or large thicknesses.

Ive had good results with just a piece of a tiny one with the head cut off.

Lift the channel a little, Poke it in with a toothpick or a nylon razor blade.

Nothing too aggressive.

When done you cant see it at all.

#9441 2 years ago

I used small electrical tape on the glass but like your clever way to do this!

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Stick a 1" piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel that holds the glass, mid way up the playfield.
This works really well.
Nothing too aggressive.

#9442 2 years ago

This works really well.
Nothing too aggressive.

Meaning… A zip tie?

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I used small electrical tape on the glass but like your clever way to do this!

Yeah, it just makes a slight bump on the glass channel to get a little friction.

Small ones usually work really well and you can just poke the fine ends in to get them located.

It doesn't take much, just a little will do it.

They dont need glue and tend to stay put.

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Hi all ... I made the mini-saucer LED Kit for the original AFM, and have been s-l-o-w-l-y working on the AFMr edition. My apologies (as always) for the delay, but I've actually made a lot of progress in the last ~2 months. I just don't get out here to Pinside very often.

Basically, we're in pre-production on the AFMr edition of the AFM kits that I have offered over the years. If you're unfamiliar, my kit adds LEDs to the six mini-saucers on the playfield. They're single-color, not dual-color like AFMr. They also display various LED patterns in a more independent fashion than AFMr, which has a more tight integration with the AFMr light-show patterns. This also includes things like the Hallway LEDs under the mothership in the attack hallway, as well as other features (see the video in the link below). There are different price points depending on which features you are interested in.

For more information, check out the AFMr status page: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/about.htm

I'll try to be more of a presence out here to answer questions.

Best wishes,
Bill Ung (UFO Pinball)

#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from ufopinball:

Hi all ... I made the mini-saucer LED Kit for the original AFM, and have been s-l-o-w-l-y working on the AFMr edition. My apologies (as always) for the delay, but I've actually made a lot of progress in the last ~2 months. I just don't get out here to Pinside very often.
Basically, we're in pre-production on the AFMr edition of the AFM kits that I have offered over the years. If you're unfamiliar, my kit adds LEDs to the six mini-saucers on the playfield. They're single-color, not dual-color like AFMr. They also display various LED patterns in a more independent fashion than AFMr, which has a more tight integration with the AFMr light-show patterns. This also includes things like the Hallway LEDs under the mothership in the attack hallway, as well as other features (see the video in the link below). There are different price points depending on which features you are interested in.
For more information, check out the AFMr status page: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/about.htm
I'll try to be more of a presence out here to answer questions.
Best wishes,
Bill Ung (UFO Pinball)

Will there be a just the hallway mod available for LE owners who have everything else already?

I really like the hallway lights and would like to have them.

#9447 2 years ago

Will there be a just the hallway mod available for LE owners who have everything else already?
I really like the hallway lights and would like to have them.

Yes, you can order the Plus or Full kits without the mini-saucer component. Details and pricing is in the same link: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/about.htm

There’s also a video at the top that shows what the various features are. It’s the AFM edition of the video, but the features are the same.

#9448 2 years ago
Quoted from ufopinball:

Yes, you can order the Plus or Full kits without the mini-saucer component. Details and pricing is in the same link: http://www.ufopinball.com/AFMr-Kit/about.htm
There’s also a video at the top that shows what the various features are. It’s the AFM edition of the video, but the features are the same.

Sorry, but I'm a little unclear on things (I've watched the video and read your website). I'm an LE owner, but apparently I've not paid attention to how the pin behaves in some circumstances.

So, you are saying that the Full LE Kit comes with the following:
- Expansion Board
- Hallway LEDs
- OEM Mini saucer blackout during strobe multiball (I didn't realize they didn't already)
- Super Jets animation (I assume this coincides with the super jets insert activation)? Also, I have EVO LED pops from Pinball Life, so how will these be effected? Right now I have them set to where the outer ring is always on and the inner ring illuminates upon vibration. I assume the outer rings would pulsate in the patter you show and the inners may or may not fire depending on timing?
- Backglass GI controls (again, didn't realize this didn't go dark during SM, but does this also have added backglass animations in LE?
- What is the AFMr Power Supply?

Depending upon responses, I'm highly interested in AFMr LE Kit (most likely the Full version).

#9449 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, but I'm a little unclear on things (I've watched the video and read your website). I'm an LE owner, but apparently I've not paid attention to how the pin behaves in some circumstances.
So, you are saying that the Full LE Kit comes with the following:
- Expansion Board
- Hallway LEDs
- OEM Mini saucer blackout during strobe multiball (I didn't realize they didn't already)
- Super Jets animation (I assume this coincides with the super jets insert activation)? Also, I have EVO LED pops from Pinball Life, so how will these be effected? Right now I have them set to where the outer ring is always on and the inner ring illuminates upon vibration. I assume the outer rings would pulsate in the patter you show and the inners may or may not fire depending on timing?
- Backglass GI controls (again, didn't realize this didn't go dark during SM, but does this also have added backglass animations in LE?
- What is the AFMr Power Supply?
Depending upon responses, I'm highly interested in AFMr LE Kit (most likely the Full version).

I just want the hallway mod.

I dont think i need anything else.

The original bill ung AFM mods are thru the roof cool!

Id love to have a tiny piece on my game.

#9450 2 years ago

I just want the hallway mod.
I dont think i need anything else.
The original bill ung AFM mods are thru the roof cool!
Id love to have a tiny piece on my game.

I'm assuming the expansion board is what drives those, but maybe he would be willing to do a custom kit for you.

One of the coolest mods I saw for original AFM was illuminated/moving Larry the Lobster, but I'm guessing it would take a lot more to integrate into AFMr. Also, Tim is out of the pinball mod making hobby. Besides, it would get in the way of my VUK building.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/6#post-3686541

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.