pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 212.
#9251 3 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

Can't believe the last of the classics are going for $8,999! Guess i should have picked one up by now

Hey does this mean my classic just skyrocketed in value?

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

Can't believe the last of the classics are going for $8,999! Guess i should have picked one up by now

Game Exchange in Colorado just sold their last few for $6299 shipped. There may be some reasonable dealers out there still, worth looking around, or waiting until they do another run.

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, after evaluating everything, I'm offering my interactive illuminated flipper mod kit for $50 including US shipping. I will want a minimum of 5 commitments before I'm willing to take orders (I have to buy many of the items in bulk to make the kit). After the initial 5, I will need commitments in increments of 5 to fulfill subsequent orders. Please reply to this post if you are in, and if we hit at least 5 by the end of the weekend then payment will be required and I'll begin production.
Kit will include everything you need to illuminate both flipper buttons and will interact with the speaker lights:
- Power splitter to tap into speaker lighting
- Cabling from the backbox to the cabinet
- Splitter in cabinet to left & right extension cables
- 2x Extension cables
- 2x Interface to LED strips
- 2x LED strips (3 SMD each)
- 2x 3D printed LED strip adhesive mounts
- 2x Transparent flipper buttons with springs
I will also create step-by-step directions for installation. There will be no modification of the pin or its wiring required.[quoted image]

Sign me up!

#9254 3 years ago

What are the Mr tantrum mods?

Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I’m back in the club. It turned up yesterday with another boomerang game. Best of the remakes in my opinion.
mr_tantrum mods are in transit. Can’t wait. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from ramareld:

What are the Mr tantrum mods?

These!!! He offered to do a custom sign on the VUK building cover.
Mr_Tantrum thanks again Chris for my Aussie variant sign
Coin door decal and flipper toppers just finished it off nicely.

1CC27013-5A9B-4F18-9C17-18CC6BE6FC78 (resized).jpeg1CC27013-5A9B-4F18-9C17-18CC6BE6FC78 (resized).jpeg2BB4E331-5AF1-4B5C-A429-8B923BBD74E9 (resized).jpeg2BB4E331-5AF1-4B5C-A429-8B923BBD74E9 (resized).jpeg88315E86-6D4F-4A36-95B7-1F6BDEC55D27 (resized).jpeg88315E86-6D4F-4A36-95B7-1F6BDEC55D27 (resized).jpegF502EC7E-5EAB-47FA-BEAA-3E64FA8191C8 (resized).jpegF502EC7E-5EAB-47FA-BEAA-3E64FA8191C8 (resized).jpeg

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm very frustrated
I just received the two lane return replacement plastics I ordered to replace my crackling ones, and they have the same exact issue. Now I have to go through the hassle of trying to return them or get them replaced with good ones.
Originals
[quoted image][quoted image]
Replacements[quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you order the two lane return plastics from? Mine also have cracked artwork on them.

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Where do you order the two lane return plastics from? Mine also have cracked artwork on them.

CGC or PPS probably still has them, they replaced tons of them under warranty.

#9259 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Now you get them from PPS (http://www.planetarypinball.com), and only CGC if your pin is under warranty (you’ll need to submit a ticket).

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-AFM31-2535-1A

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-AFM31-2535-2A

#9260 3 years ago

Hey guys!

I have had my AFM SE NIB for about a month now!
Ever since I owned it, it will (most of the time) not boot up when first powered on, it goes into a weird cycle of the dmd hitting the first blank screen with some info at the top right then back to blank then repeats.
If I then take the back glass off and unplug and plug in the HdMI (works at either end sometimes) it will power up fully and be fine for the night. Then the next day it will do it again.

I replaced the hdmi cable once (ordered another).

I have talked to one more owner who had this same problem and when he replaced the hdmi it worked perfect after that.

Any other ideas ?
Thanks
Richard

#9261 3 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hey guys!
I have had my AFM SE NIB for about a month now!
Ever since I owned it, it will (most of the time) not boot up when first powered on, it goes into a weird cycle of the dmd hitting the first blank screen with some info at the top right then back to blank then repeats.
If I then take the back glass off and unplug and plug in the HdMI (works at either end sometimes) it will power up fully and be fine for the night. Then the next day it will do it again.
I replaced the hdmi cable once (ordered another).
I have talked to one more owner who had this same problem and when he replaced the hdmi it worked perfect after that.
Any other ideas ?
Thanks
Richard

Have you put in a ticket with CGC support? If purchased NIB a month ago then iit will be under warranty.

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you put in a ticket with CGC support? If purchased NIB a month ago then iit will be under warranty.

Yes I have a while ago, they are not sure yet. Still working on it with me, but just throwing a bone out there in case someone had this issue before.
Thanks!

#9263 3 years ago

Where is the best place to get 5v and 12v power in the backbox for a custom topper?
Thanks,
Mark

#9264 3 years ago

There is a spare USB port.

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There is a spare USB port.

USB port to power a couple of LEDs? I wouldn’t trust that.
What about 12v light strip?
Thanks
Mark

#9266 3 years ago

Does anyone know why all of my sound stopped working? I had replaced my 2 backbox speakers a week ago with the infinity speakers and it worked great for a week but now nothing.

#9267 3 years ago

Just installed a shaker motor on mine where in the setting can u turn it on

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Just installed a shaker motor on mine where in the setting can u turn it on

In the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual.

LTG : )

#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does anyone know why all of my sound stopped working? I had replaced my 2 backbox speakers a week ago with the infinity speakers and it worked great for a week but now nothing.

Ok so I got the sound working again. Went looking through the cabinet and found 2 extra speaker wires coming off of the subwoofer that were probably grounding out causing no sound to come out of the speakers. I'm guessing they were going to an external subwoofer?

20210206_160937 (resized).jpg20210206_160937 (resized).jpg
#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Ok so I got the sound working again. Went looking through the cabinet and found 2 extra speaker wires coming off of the subwoofer that were probably grounding out causing no sound to come out of the speakers. I'm guessing they were going to an external subwoofer?
[quoted image]

Glad you got it fixed!
Are these speakers much better than stock? I have the SE.
thanks!
Richard

#9271 3 years ago

Glad you got it fixed!
thanks!
Richard

I think so, I compared them to Kickers and others.
I ended up putting them in all 3 CGC games.
Big difference in speech clarity.

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I think so, I compared them to Kickers and others.
I ended up putting them in all 3 CGC games.
Big difference in speech clarity.

Cool! Could you post a link!?
Thanks!
Richard

#9273 3 years ago

Glad you got it fixed!
thanks!
Richard

Yes they are definitely clearer. I put them in both my CGC games. Amazon has them the cheapest that i have seen. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8T66KB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00

1 week later
#9274 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Couple of questions:
a) Anyone have the same problem with attaching this screw (marked in the picture below with yellow arrow). How in earth is it possible? I cannot seem to get it to fasten whatever I try to do. What have you done to make it stick? If you have found a replacement screw, which part-number would that be?
b) Users of led-strip - the saucer on the right is so close to my "poor man's stadium lights" that I am afraid that the led-strip lights will melt it a bit. I put some double sided tape there to act as insulation. Any other ways you have protected the saucer?
Thanks for any advice!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's another shot of the screw I referred to in my above post in the first question. It apparently has lost its threads.
If possible, please let me know the part-number for it so I can replace it with the correct part.
I asked the number also from CGC support, but I have not received any replies.
[I have put a temporary screw (and nut) in, but would like to replace it with the correct screw]

Thanks!

IMG_9476 (resized).jpgIMG_9476 (resized).jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4008-01041-06

#9275 3 years ago

Attack From Mars.

Still my favourite pinball ever so far. And if the one next to it can't knock it off my favourite list, i suspect nothing can.

afm1 (resized).jpgafm1 (resized).jpg

Although Theatre of Magic is incoming.

#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from ManChicken:

New AFM SE owner here.. first pin for me, and first post Picked up a floor model locally, looks brand new.. menu says less than 300 plays on it (which I don't know if that can be reset and can be trusted, but it sure doesn't look like it's been played much so...)
Curious if there is a trick to getting the backglass art out to access the board; I've unlocked the top (key perpendicular) but when I lift up on the bottom I'm coming up just a millimeter or two short to pull the bottom out over the top of the speaker box. I've wiggled and jiggled but just can't seem to get it.
Also, is there an adjustment for the power of the HS knocker? I've been through the config and didn't see it, not sure if it's called something odd or if it's joined to another setting. If not I might have to get a little piece of rubber or something to shove in there to deaden it a bit, because it's so sharp and loud it actually hurts

Mine was the same. I finally gut up the nerve to just manhandle it out. I was afraid that I was going to damage something, but with a little more muscle, it finally came out.

#9277 3 years ago

Well it seems that one of my Big O Jiggly Martians hitched a ride back home....

mickspinball.com

marslanding (resized).jpgmarslanding (resized).jpg
#9278 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Installed FlyLand Designs new art blades to my AfM SE. My pics don’t do them justice. They look outstanding. Bright, colorful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I just picked up an SE and would like to add some art blades. Looked at these...do the colors used seem to match/coordinate the playfield well?

Hard to tell from pics. It's either these or the ones from Pingraffix. Powerblades or Mirrorblades look awesome too...but pricey. Thx!

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Nice! I just picked up an SE and would like to add some art blades. Looked at these...do the colors used seem to match/coordinate the playfield well?
Hard to tell from pics. It's either these or the ones from Pingraffix. Powerblades or Mirrorblades look awesome too...but pricey. Thx!

You can't go wrong with mirror blades on this machine.

#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

You can't go wrong with mirror blades on this machine.

They do look sweet but $249??? I'm being a squeaker I guess....

#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

The LE comes with them, they are really nice.

#9282 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

They only cost $100. https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#9284 3 years ago

I got mine from Pinball Decals too.
Fast shipping and very easy to install.

Mirror Blades (resized).jpgMirror Blades (resized).jpg
#9285 3 years ago

Was playing last night and the sound was cutting out fairly often during a game. Checked most of the connections to the boards in the back box, especially the ones connecting the speakers and it still happened when playing another game. What else should I be checking?

#9286 3 years ago

I for one prefer the mirror blades. Not only it enhances the lighting in the game, but it gives a better in-depth look to it. Just saying.

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I for one prefer the mirror blades. Not only it enhances the lighting in the game, but it gives a better in-depth look to it. Just saying.

I'm not a mirror blade fan for all pins, but I love them on my AFMr LE.

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What else should I be checking?

Did you unplug them and reseat them ?

#9289 3 years ago

No, I will do that next. Thanks!

#9290 3 years ago

Looking for everyone's opinion on something. I was thinking about buying the PowerBladez from PinGraffix for my AFMrSE to match the Power Translite I got from them, but if I put pinstadium lights on my machine will you really be able to see the PowerBladez? At that point should I just go with some other art package for the inside and put in the pinstadium lights? Thoughts?

#9291 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Looking for everyone's opinion on something. I was thinking about buying the PowerBladez from PinGraffix for my AFMrSE to match the Power Translite I got from them, but if I put pinstadium lights on my machine will you really be able to see the PowerBladez? At that point should I just go with some other art package for the inside and put in the pinstadium lights? Thoughts?

I'm surprised you want to add pinstadium lights to this game. Its so bright as it is! I have my playfield insert lights turned almost all the way down and my G.I. lights turned down a couple notches as well. I have a powerbladez on my MMR SE and it looks awesome! My AFM LE already came with mirror blades installed but it really does look nice on this game.

#9292 3 years ago

Oh I didnt know you were talking about the AFM mirror Pinblades. Yeah those look cool too but cost significantly more.

It says they are only making 50 sets and thats it!

#9293 3 years ago

Hi, all. I’m a noob and my pinball terminology is terrible, so bear with me. I’ve got a ball stuck before it gets to the left popper. Looks like the popper is up and the ball is resting on that rail. I can’t remember what it looked like before, but that piece the ball is resting on almost looks like it doesn’t belong there. No error messages when I restart. A periodic buzzing coming from the popper, I think. Did the popper “rod” get stuck in the up position, maybe? Could I try pushing it down? Thanks for any suggestions.

B4E1F9BA-8E0E-4446-971F-F3BF32B725D3 (resized).jpegB4E1F9BA-8E0E-4446-971F-F3BF32B725D3 (resized).jpeg

#9294 3 years ago
Quoted from Erich0:

any suggestions.

The plastic end of the popper break off and sitting in there ?

#9295 3 years ago

Pinstadium lighting is great on this pin. You can make everything more of a cool white instead of the OEM warm and really brighten up the center of the playfield. Additionally, the UV flashers really make the UV reactive greens and oranges used on this pin (and my Titan UV rings) glow.

Here is a side by side, and I only run mine at about 50% brightness.

IMG_5567.JPGIMG_5567.JPG

#9296 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plastic end of the popper break off and sitting in there ?

I see a dimpled black piece on top of the popper that I’m guessing is the plastic end?

#9297 3 years ago

sizzler747 did you put pinstadium lights on your MMr?

#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from Erich0:

I see a dimpled black piece on top of the popper that I’m guessing is the plastic end?

Does it look like this ?

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

but if I put pinstadium lights on my machine will you really be able to see the PowerBladez? At that point should I just go with some other art package for the inside and put in the pinstadium lights? Thoughts?

Quoted from sizzler747:

I'm surprised you want to add pinstadium lights to this game. Its so bright as it is!

Pinstadiums are not needed on most games including all CGC remakes. I just don't see the need to brighten up these already very bright games.
I'm not a hater for this product as I owned a set for my Rob Zombie which is a very dark game. I would not own this product for any other game in my collection. Btw, I think AFMr is the brightest of all 3 CGC remakes!

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is a side by side, and I only run mine at about 50% brightness.

Sorry but my game without pinstadiums does not look like the picture on the left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 79.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/186?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.