IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 211.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Whoever did that did some pretty bad work. I’d get that out of there fast. That’s a hack for sure.

So I took all of those wires out. The previous owner has also installed your led strip backboard and trough light combo kit. I want to make sure the previous owner has installed this properly after seeing the other modification hack was done. I tried to look up the instructions on your website but are not available. Is this hooked up properly?

20210118_140111 (resized).jpg20210118_140111 (resized).jpg20210118_140120 (resized).jpg20210118_140120 (resized).jpg20210118_140125 (resized).jpg20210118_140125 (resized).jpg
#9202 3 years ago

Had a friendly competition with a buddy on AFMLE last night. Embarrassingly, I was player one.

It's really hard to get in a rhythm when you have to wait 20 minutes between each ball. We only played a few games on it, but he was able to reach RTU twice that night. And the game has an active tilt setting.

He successfully beat RTU the second time. He scored 6 Super jackpots during the regular multiball along the way. Apparently, the SJ's max out at a billion points once you score your 4th one.

He's a top tournament player so it was not a total surprise.

I recently switched the flipper rubbers to Titans, and he said it made the ball much easier to control, allowing him to double his previous best score. I might have to switch back.

20210118_103249 (resized).jpg20210118_103249 (resized).jpg
#9203 3 years ago

Well here's a story that may just be unique to me,..Playing a monster game,.. having started an attack waive,.. every time I shoot the ball and hit the back target,.. I get a Tilt warning,.. every single ball,.. game off/on,.. run tests,.. not a problem shows up,.. yet Tilt on every attack waive shot. Just about to post a "help".. but thought,.. maybe check the tilt bob.

Sure enough,.. there's a simple stoopid reason ,.. in a fit of tidying up I had decided to put my manual inside the pin on top of the coin box. And there's the manual leaning over pressing the bob to within a whisker of the contact edge,... so each shot shock the machine just enough,.. doh!! simple fix.. and back to slamming some good games

oh boy do I luv this game

Btw,.. NZ,.. I'm on my way over soon for 5 months,.. gonna need to out find where the pinball is at

#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So I took all of those wires out. The previous owner has also installed your led strip backboard and trough light combo kit. I want to make sure the previous owner has installed this properly after seeing the other modification hack was done. I tried to look up the instructions on your website but are not available. Is this hooked up properly?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, that looks correct. Does it light up?

#9205 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I recently switched the flipper rubbers to Titans, and he said it made the ball much easier to control

If anyone could expand on this, it would be appreciated. This machine was the newest collection to my lineup. When I started playing, I noticed that the balls have A LOT of spin during play. Far more than any of my other games and noticeable to my novice observations.

Is this something mostly caused by flipper rubbers, or is it just the nature of this game?

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

If anyone could expand on this, it would be appreciated. This machine was the newest collection to my lineup. When I started playing, I noticed that the balls have A LOT of spin during play. Far more than any of my other games and noticeable to my novice observations.
Is this something mostly caused by flipper rubbers, or is it just the nature of this game?

I can't speak for your specific game, but the Titan rings are silicone, not rubber. I think the silicone is more durable than the original rubber, and seem slightly less bouncy and a bit more controllable.

Here is a link to a thread on the topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings

There is also similar product called Super Bands made of urethane. These are less stretchy, and a bitch to install.

#9207 3 years ago

Well I’m back in the club. It turned up yesterday with another boomerang game. Best of the remakes in my opinion.
Mr_Tantrum mods are in transit. Can’t wait.

7139B4B1-84C6-4EE8-87D9-EC7CF80A801E (resized).jpeg7139B4B1-84C6-4EE8-87D9-EC7CF80A801E (resized).jpeg6AA73CCF-2434-4763-8A91-B127CAE556C4 (resized).jpeg6AA73CCF-2434-4763-8A91-B127CAE556C4 (resized).jpeg759A4CDD-A79B-4B02-A56B-C2C23B728349 (resized).jpeg759A4CDD-A79B-4B02-A56B-C2C23B728349 (resized).jpeg85688006-CC56-4F16-BB22-048052A6F21C (resized).jpeg85688006-CC56-4F16-BB22-048052A6F21C (resized).jpeg
#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I’m back in the club. It turned up yesterday with another boomerang game. Best of the remakes in my opinion.
mr_tantrum mods are in transit. Can’t wait. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats Scott, totally agree with you on AFM.

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, that looks correct. Does it light up?

yes they do.

#9210 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

mr_tantrum mods are in transit. Can’t wait. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice trio you have there!

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice trio you have there!

Thanks mate. All very different which is important in a smaller collection. The days of me wanting to own them all are gone. 3-4 nice examples does me now. The wife is happier they don’t end up in the kitchen and other ares of the house

#9212 3 years ago

New from Mick’s Pinball! Big O Jiggly Martians with color flashing LED eyes. The eyes change colors (Red, Green, Blue) while flashing, making the Martians look even more fierce on the playfield. And of course they are 20% larger and very Jiggly during play.

Check them out on Mickspinball.com at this link.

https://www.mickspinball.com/afm-rfm-big-o-jiggly-martian-multi

#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Congrats Scott, totally agree with you on AFM.

I just sold it way too soon and didn’t get to enjoy it for as long as I should have. And well that topper didn’t influence me at all Dave

#9214 3 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

New from Mick’s Pinball! Big O Jiggly Martians with color flashing LED eyes. The eyes change colors (Red, Green, Blue) while flashing, making the Martians look even more fierce on the playfield. And of course they are 20% larger and very Jiggly during play.

Oh no Mick. I nearly bought these last time but found them too late. You’ll probably be hearing from me!

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Oh no Mick. I nearly bought these last time but found them too late. You’ll probably be hearing from me!

Okay Great....took a bit to get these in stock..

Thank you

Mick

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I just sold it way too soon and didn’t get to enjoy it for as long as I should have. And well that topper didn’t influence me at all Dave

This machine has taken over from my deadpool as my all time fav machine. easy rules to graspbut still challenging.

I'm with you on the 4 games too. i have 4 games at the front of the house, the 20 odd down the back don't get turned on during the week unless there is a house full of people or i get good and drunk. Rotate the front 4 out every week or two.

#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Thats a great Line-up!

My AFMrLE is never leaving!

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Reminds me of the Mars Attack's Martians right before their heads explode!

#9219 3 years ago

I’m trying to make sure I have the latest update. When my pin is booting up it shows Rev 1.1. Is this the latest?

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’m trying to make sure I have the latest update. When my pin is booting up it shows Rev 1.1. Is this the latest?

You are looking at the Williams version.

To see the CGC version, go to the first page in the CGC menu, page 1-10 in the manual or check out my Youtube video. The current version is the thumbnail picture.

LTG : )

#9221 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The current version is the thumbnail picture.

Thanks for sending the tutorial video on how to get to the CG menu. Very helpful.

To confirm, the thumbnail of the video, ver 1.0.0 is current?

#9222 3 years ago

Anyone know where you can get these in US?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Anyone know where you can get these in US?

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-light-domes-twist-on.html

They are just normal twist on dome tops with a dab of hot glue. I replaced mine with green.

#9224 3 years ago

Marco Specialties also sells the domes. I have some green and some red in my game.

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can't speak for your specific game, but the Titan rings are silicone, not rubber. I think the silicone is more durable than the original rubber, and seem slightly less bouncy and a bit more controllable.
Here is a link to a thread on the topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings
There is also similar product called Super Bands made of urethane. These are less stretchy, and a bitch to install.

My observation is that Titans are the most grippy / bouncy rubbers out there, which adds a new element to slower games (widebodies or older WPC games), but would make a tight high power sling fast game like AFMr or a new Stern much harder to play or control the ball. I also think this adds a bunch of spin to the ball. Their post sleeves are the same way, uninstalling them on games with tight shots surrounded by posts, as it it nicks the post it rejects. That’s my experience.

All that said, when my AFMr came out of the box, the ball seemed to have a lot of English on it (I’d catch it on a flipper and it would race right off the end!), but as the new stock rubbers wore in, it went away.

I love Titans, my first choice on bands. I use the low-bounce flipper rubber in every machine. The bands and posts are just a little too bouncy for the fast games imho

#9226 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

To confirm, the thumbnail of the video, ver 1.0.0 is current?

Yes.

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I use the low-bounce flipper rubber in every machine. The bands and posts are just a little too bouncy for the fast games imho

Yes, ALWAYS buy the thin/low bounce Titan flipper rings for better control. The standard versions are thicker and have more bounce to them which in turn leads to less control of your shots.

#9228 3 years ago

I'm kicking around the idea of getting the classic version of AFMr. Seems like the extra LEDs could be modded into the saucers, and I'm not super concerned about the fancy screen or topper, although it is incredible (owned the LE for a while). How are people liking the base model? Seems pretty close to the original, which I owned years ago.

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'm kicking around the idea of getting the classic version of AFMr. Seems like the extra LEDs could be modded into the saucers, and I'm not super concerned about the fancy screen or topper, although it is incredible (owned the LE for a while). How are people liking the base model? Seems pretty close to the original, which I owned years ago.

Love it.

#9230 3 years ago

Throwing up my hands trying to figure this one out. My target bank is stuck in place, and doesn't seem to be getting power. Motor doesn't run during motor test, and gives the "down switch broken" alert - but I can clear the alert by activating the down switch a few times in a row (both switches register during switch test). No voltage detected going into the motor, but when I connected a 12v battery it started spinning right away. Not disabled in settings, and not fixed by factory reset.
It has sporadically resolved a few times during the course of my troubleshooting and various steps of disassembly, but I haven't been able to determine any consistent reason. When it does come back to life, the motor will work during the motor test, but fail after 1-2 instances of being raised and lowered during gameplay.
Running out of theories - is there anything in the code that affects power to the motor?
20210126_152306 (1) (resized).jpg20210126_152306 (1) (resized).jpg

#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

The CE kicks ass. Never owned the original but IMO the remake it just as good if not better. Had to make a few adjustment as with any game but mine plays great and don’t regret getting it at all. Color DMD chip is a must.

#9232 3 years ago

Did surgery on my AFMrSE tonight. All was a success. Did a warranty playfield PCB swap as my saucer flasher was stuck on. Got the error on the screen (see pic), and after checking connections, had to swap out the big bios chip from my original board, and it works great now, solved the issue. Just an FYI if anybody has to do the same thing. Anybody know the technical reason for this? Does the particular chip have to pair with the main board? Just curious.

Thanks!

8A72B65F-3D1F-468B-8988-2797248FF01B (resized).jpeg8A72B65F-3D1F-468B-8988-2797248FF01B (resized).jpeg0BCF6F61-A51D-411E-808D-7B0B6244CC6F (resized).jpeg0BCF6F61-A51D-411E-808D-7B0B6244CC6F (resized).jpegA161D252-6EFA-476F-9D9E-84942E114F85 (resized).jpegA161D252-6EFA-476F-9D9E-84942E114F85 (resized).jpeg
#9233 3 years ago

Yep, me too.

#9234 3 years ago

Thrilled to join the club!
Forgive me if this topic has already been hashed out but what is the best option to improve the sound? Has anyone swapped the speakers for one of the sets offered by Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro?
Thanks,
Mark

#9235 3 years ago

I've noticed my stroke of luck kicker is sending the ball SDTM about 10% of the time now. This never used to happen before. What adjustment do I need to make?

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I've noticed my stroke of luck kicker is sending the ball SDTM about 10% of the time now. This never used to happen before. What adjustment do I need to make?

Mine never does that. Is there an adjustment under the playfield, maybe loosen some screws and rotate the assembly?

#9237 3 years ago

First thing is check left to right level.

#9238 3 years ago

Rotate the scoop left until it hits the wood.

Elongate the metal mounting holes of the scoop with a dremel etc.

Whatever works to twist it to the left a bit.

It can be adjusted to hit the left flipper consistently.

#9239 3 years ago

Last time I had an issue with a VUK sending the ball down the middle or the wrong way (my TZ slot machine), I lifted up my playfield and found that the underside mount of it was loose. Somehow the wood screws backed out or whoever shopped it didn’t finish. You might check that.

#9240 3 years ago

Up the coil power one. I think it’s ccg menu.

#9241 3 years ago

My top far left mini saucer LEDs is not working correctly, when they all turn red one of the LEDs is green and when they all turn green one of the LEDs is red, does anyone know what could be causing this?
See photos
cheers
89597773-E3A9-4D3C-81C6-35DD05293BED (resized).png89597773-E3A9-4D3C-81C6-35DD05293BED (resized).png

#9242 3 years ago

Most likely a bad connection, either on the saucer or the main board connection, on the small narrow buss circuit board..

#9243 3 years ago

Does anyone know if any distributors are still selling new classics? Besides the one here on pinside that has a price of $8,999

#9244 3 years ago

Finished my new topper.

IMG_2702 (resized).jpegIMG_2702 (resized).jpeg
#9245 3 years ago

don't know for sure, but i heard they are done with afm and mm. i saw that ad too for the $9,000 classic. glad i got mine for less than that.

Quoted from ktuhde:

Does anyone know if any distributors are still selling new classics? Besides the one here on pinside that has a price of $8,999

#9246 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Finished my new topper.[quoted image]

Nice!
I'm working on a custom topper also.
Do you mind me asking what your total $$ investment was on yours?
Also, where in the backbox do you connect for the lighting?
Thanks,
Mark

#9247 3 years ago

Couple of questions:

a) Anyone have the same problem with attaching this screw (marked in the picture below with yellow arrow). How in earth is it possible? I cannot seem to get it to fasten whatever I try to do. What have you done to make it stick? If you have found a replacement screw, which part-number would that be?

b) Users of led-strip - the saucer on the right is so close to my "poor man's stadium lights" that I am afraid that the led-strip lights will melt it a bit. I put some double sided tape there to act as insulation. Any other ways you have protected the saucer?

Thanks for any advice!
Metallinpala (resized).jpgMetallinpala (resized).jpgEristyspala (resized).jpgEristyspala (resized).jpg

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I cannot seem to get it to fasten whatever I try to do.

Check the other one. Maybe there is a locknut underneath.

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the other one. Maybe there is a locknut underneath.

It should attach to a metal plate with holes under the upper thin metal part. I guess it would be best to find a bit longer replacement screw and with a locknut... I would like to hear, what people have done here to attach them together - or was it just "plug and play" for everyone else?

#9250 3 years ago

Can't believe the last of the classics are going for $8,999! Guess i should have picked one up by now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.