pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 212.
#9151 3 years ago

Some of the backglasses on my machines need a wiggle at the top to get them to slide up into the cavity. try pushing on the top of the backglass while pulling up at the bottom. (or it might have already been unlocked )

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from ManChicken:

New AFM SE owner here.. first pin for me, and first post Picked up a floor model locally, looks brand new.. menu says less than 300 plays on it (which I don't know if that can be reset and can be trusted, but it sure doesn't look like it's been played much so...)
Curious if there is a trick to getting the backglass art out to access the board; I've unlocked the top (key perpendicular) but when I lift up on the bottom I'm coming up just a millimeter or two short to pull the bottom out over the top of the speaker box. I've wiggled and jiggled but just can't seem to get it.
Also, is there an adjustment for the power of the HS knocker? I've been through the config and didn't see it, not sure if it's called something odd or if it's joined to another setting. If not I might have to get a little piece of rubber or something to shove in there to deaden it a bit, because it's so sharp and loud it actually hurts

When this happens on one of my pins (usually after a move) it is because the speaker panel has "lifted" and a wire has found it's way under the speaker panel. And because the speaker panel is raised, the backglass which rests on it is raised too high as well.

If you have a tool to remove the torx security screws at the lock, as LTG has suggested already, you can remove the lock altogether which should solve your problem whether or not it is due to the position of your speaker panel.

#9153 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I just bought this pinball machine, do you think the PIC 2.0 is installed ?
Thanks, Julien

IMG_20210105_140612 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_140612 (resized).jpg
#9154 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Hello everyone, I just bought this pinball machine, do you think the PIC 2.0 is installed ?
Thanks, Julien
[quoted image]

Remove the backglass and look at the label on the chip.

sol (resized).jpgsol (resized).jpg
#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Remove the backglass and look at the label on the chip.
[quoted image]

There is nothing written on the rom

#9156 3 years ago

When was the game manufactured?

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

July 13, 2017 is the Build Date from his screen shot. And his ROM is not labeled V2.0.

He needs to upgrade.

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

July 13, 2017 is the Build Date from his screen shot. And his ROM is not labeled V2.0.
He needs to upgrade.

No, the build date there is for the CGC software, not the date of assembly. On the back of the game is a paper label—when was the game made?

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Thanks, Julien

Open a ticket under Support - Help Desk at https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ they can check by serial number or when the game was registered.

LTG : )

#9160 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Then it may not not be SOL 2.0, and you might need the updated chip (follow LTG instructions to confirm).

Not sure what your experience will be, but thought I would share mine. I bought my LE pre-owned about a year or so ago, and it did not have the SOL 2.0 ROM. I opened a ticket with CGC, and they told me I needed to get it from the distributor. Fortunately, the person I bought it from was the original owner and he worked with me and the distributor to get it taken care of.

#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Then it is not sol 2.0 - you need the chip.
Not sure what your experience will be, but thought I would share mine. I bought my LE pre-owned about a year or so ago, and it did not have the SOL 2.0 ROM. I opened a ticket with CGC, and they told me I needed to get it from the distributor. Fortunately, the person I bought it from was the original owner and he worked with me and the distributor to get it taken care of.

So what is different about the 2.0 version?

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Then it is not sol 2.0 - you need the chip.

Not necessarily. Please check with CGC to be sure.

Quoted from sizzler747:

So what is different about the 2.0 version?

You can change coil strengths without problems that could effect the coil or driver board.

#9163 3 years ago

Going through my new machine and tweaking some things. I saw someone mention “adjusting the lock bar tension”. Nothing in the manual and I can’t see anything intuitive on the mechanism. Can someone post a pic of where to tighten?

Also, my ball launches seem to be inconsistent. I have the power set at Max. Some launches are strong. Others barely make it over the ramp and then dribble back to the playfield. I thought of, at the very least, I could clean up the solenoid assembly but it looks very clean and the machine only has about 800 plays. Suggestions?

#9164 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

“adjusting the lock bar tension”. Nothing in the manual and I can’t see anything intuitive on the mechanism. Can someone post a pic of where to tighten?

Take lockdown bar off. Look at top of lockdown bar receiver. See the two brass screws ? You can turn them to raise or lower the mechanism in the lockdown bar receiver to loosen or tighten the lockdown bar.

Quoted from AAAV8R:

my ball launches seem to be inconsistent.

A few screws hold the auto launch coil and plunger. First thing is check if the plunger is hitting the center of the ball. If not you can loosen the screws and turn as needed to hit the ball better.

If you need help stop in and I'll show you.

#9165 3 years ago

I've been debating whether or not to purchase some anti-glare glass for both my new AFMr LE and new JP Prem, and after reading all the reviews and talking to someone who actually owned some, I decided to purchase two sheets of VooDoo Glass from Cointaker based on Cointaker's reputation and that VooDoo seems to be the most economical option available at this time.

Well, the glass arrived today, and I just finished installing it. What I will say is that it doesn't really remove reflections caused by light sources (they are still there, but maybe to a slightly less degree), but what I'm incredibly pleased with is the clarity of the glass. It truly looks like there isn't even any glass installed. Also, I think by "non-glare" the glass brands don't mean you won't see reflections. Rather, their is no cloudiness in the glass, thus eliminating the glare/diffusing of light caused by the haziness of regular pinball glass. You may not even think regular pinball glass is hazy, but looking at two pins side by side with the different glasses, it is noticeably obvious.

If you've been on the fence like I was for quite some time, my recommendation is to definitely make the purchase. Again, VooDoo was my choice, but I know there are a couple of other brands out there of similar quality.

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've been debating whether or not to purchase some anti-glare glass for both my new AFMr LE and new JP Prem, and after reading all the reviews and talking to someone who actually owned some, I decided to purchase two sheets of VooDoo Glass from Cointaker based on Cointaker's reputation and that VooDoo seems to be the most economical option available at this time.
Well, the glass arrived today, and I just finished installing it. What I will say is that it doesn't really remove reflections caused by light sources (they are still there, but maybe to a slightly less degree), but what I'm incredibly pleased with is the clarity of the glass. It truly looks like there isn't even any glass installed. Also, I think by "non-glare" the glass brands don't mean you won't see reflections. Rather, their is no cloudiness in the glass, thus eliminating the glare/diffusing of light caused by the haziness of regular pinball glass. You may not even think regular pinball glass is hazy, but looking at two pins side by side with the different glasses, it is noticeably obvious.
If you've been on the fence like I was for quite some time, my recommendation is to definitely make the purchase. Again, VooDoo was my choice, but I know there are a couple of other brands out there of similar quality.

Yeah, I have both stern HD and invisiglass. They dull some reflections, but yeah, they are still there. The real difference, like you said..is the clarity. So clear that you don't think glass is there.

#9167 3 years ago

I have invisiglass on my WOZ and regular glass on my AFM. You know, it's funny, until you guys started talking about it, I never even thought about buying a sheet for AFM. I do really like it on my WOZ, but apparently I have just realized that it's not a must-have for me.

As you said, the invisiglass does look super clear, I find this especially true near the flippers. As you get higher, it's less noticable due to the glare of the backbox.

I also find that it seems to be a bit harder to get clean, especially around the edges. At least for me it always seems like I can see smudges at the edges. They will go away by cleaning very carefully and then being sure not to touch it when putting the glass back in.

#9168 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A few screws hold the auto launch coil and plunger. First thing is check if the plunger is hitting the center of the ball. If not you can loosen the screws and turn as needed to hit the ball better.

Yeah that was definitely it - The plunger was quite a bit off center (pic with ball). All three screws were loose.

THANK YOU for the tips and support!

I also included a pic of the assembly for anyone else that may need to go in and tweak the mount. I turned the mount for the pic to show just how far off center the plunger can get if the mount drifts off due to loose screws.

IMG_20210105_183134 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_183134 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_184213 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_184213 (resized).jpg
#9169 3 years ago

My glass was also vibrating very badly when the shaker motor ran. I replaced some of the foam on the lockbar, tightened the lockbar, and then put some of this felt tape I bought off Amazon along the edges of the glass. No more rattle!

IMG_20210105_203508 (resized).jpgIMG_20210105_203508 (resized).jpg
#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

August 13 2020

#9171 3 years ago

@AAAV8R, good suggestion.

You should also check the vertical alignment. Mine was hitting off the ball centerline, causing a bit of a bounce upon plunging.

I torqued the assy a bit to improve the alignment. The bracket assy is very soft steel.

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

August 13 2020

You’re good. The issue has long since been corrected on newly made games. You can contact CGC to be completely sure.

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You’re good. The issue has long since been corrected on newly made games. You can contact CGC to be completely sure.

Thanks

#9174 3 years ago

Hello, could someone give me the size of the molex connectors used for general illumination? I have a mod that needs to be plugged in but I've been provided with alligator clips? I will have to make a coupler.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Hello, could someone give me the size of the molex connectors used for general illumination? I have a mod that needs to be plugged in but I've been provided with alligator clips? I will have to make a coupler.

here you go ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/148#post-5233027

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

See previous post by @gogdog. If you prefer to purchase them ready-made, I can offer for $10 for the first and $5 each additional in the same order including shipping (just PM me). Also, you can minimize the number of splitters you need by using Comet Matrix 2 or 3 way Y-cables where it makes sense to do so.

#9177 3 years ago

I wanted to post some photos of the great work that PantherCityPins did for me with the Martians. I was needing some model painting done form some of my JP dinosaurs, and since he had previously posted pics of some of his fine work I made contact with him. I have four of Mick's Big-O-Jiggly Martians with the red LED eyes, and I thought my Martians deserved a little more love. The paint job is great, and took a lot of effort to make them look as good as they do. Thanks again, @Pinball_Gizzard!

IMG_5283 (resized).JPGIMG_5283 (resized).JPGIMG_5284 (resized).JPGIMG_5284 (resized).JPGIMG_5285 (resized).JPGIMG_5285 (resized).JPGIMG_5286 (resized).JPGIMG_5286 (resized).JPG

#9178 3 years ago

I think I know the answer, but is there an external volume control / headphone jack for AFMr other than Pinnovators PinPac 7? I know they make high quality products, but $135 for a headphone jack is just more than I'm looking to pay if at all possible. It even makes it more difficult for me given that I just purchased a Pinball Life SPIKE 2 external volume control/headphone jack for just $50 to install in my brand new JP Premium.

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I wanted to post some photos of the great work that Pinball_Gizzard did for me with the Martians. I was needing some model painting done form some of my JP dinosaurs, and since he had previously posted some pics of some of his fine work I made contact with him. I have four of Mick's Big-O-Jiggly Martians with the red LED eyes, and I thought my Martians deserved a little more love. The paint job is great, and took a lot of effort to make them look as good as they do. Thanks again, Pinball_Gizzard!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My pleasure, they look great installed!

#9180 3 years ago

Anybody in the Southeast selling a Classic Edition?

#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think I know the answer, but is there an external volume control / headphone jack for AFMr other than Pinnovators PinPac 7? I know they make high quality products, but $135 for a headphone jack is just more than I'm looking to pay if at all possible. It even makes it more difficult for me given that I just purchased a Pinball Life SPIKE 2 external volume control/headphone jack for just $50 to install in my brand new JP Premium.

Anyone have any input on the topic?

#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have the pinnovators setup, couldn't be happier.

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have the pinnovators setup, couldn't be happier.

Same here...

#9184 3 years ago

So while I wait for a new PF PCB (warranty item) thought I might throw out my issue to see if anybody has any thoughts.

My saucer flasher (3 LED’s through the green dome) is on full time, from the minute I flip the power switch to the minute I turn it off. I’ve changed out 3 saucer boards (still does it) and I’ve run a continuity test all from the saucer board (J1 pinall the way through to PF PCB (J14) and then all the way to the little Q43 chip that controls the flasher (lower right leg).

What I did notice recently (as I’m waiting on several months now for a new board) was that when I test the flasher (in the settings), it actually does flicker just a hair (you have to look very carefully!), so it’s getting the signal. But it’s like the power is bleeding through full time. I’m a bit over my skis on the electrical side, but is it possible maybe a diode is bad allowing power through to this flasher lamp full time?

Haven’t posted this for a bit, anything I can do to test? I can solder, never soldered such small connections (maybe should have bought an original with bigger boards!)

Thanks!

#9185 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Curious about this as well but not from a headphone jack perspective.

I have my volume set to 2. And it’s still too loud. If I go to 1, it becomes too quiet. I would expect a bit more variation and was curious if there is any adjustment to volume control (built in or external) on this machine that I’m missing or could add.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I have my volume set to 2. And it’s still too loud. If I go to 1, it becomes too quiet. I would expect a bit more variation and was curious if there is any adjustment to volume control (built in or external) on this machine that I’m missing or could add.

I'm on 9 or 10.

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Im on 7 or 8.

#9188 3 years ago

Yeah, i turn mine down to that if someone's playing it on days were trying to talk rather than play.

#9189 3 years ago

Lol. Well maybe I have sensitive hearing. Either way. I want mine at 1.5. Is there something I can do/install?

#9190 3 years ago

Maybe, maybe you have a fault though.

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Lol. Well maybe I have sensitive hearing. Either way. I want mine at 1.5. Is there something I can do/install?

For what it's worth, I agree with you - my AFMR ce is super loud and I have it set on 1.

Unfortunately I have no advice on how to get 1.5.

#9192 3 years ago

Does anyone know what this cord is for and where is it supposed to be plugged into? I am the second owner of this AFM LE and it was unplugged and laying inside the cabinet when I got it.

20210116_150831 (resized).jpg20210116_150831 (resized).jpg
#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does anyone know what this cord is for and where is it supposed to be plugged into?

Looks like for a mod that was removed. Follow it back and see where it goes.

#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Does anyone know what this cord is for and where is it supposed to be plugged into? I am the second owner of this AFM LE and it was unplugged and laying inside the cabinet when I got it.
[quoted image]

That is a RGB+ cable. I’m wondering if the previous owner had some kind of LED mod he removed. Where does the other end lead to?

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like for a mod that was removed. Follow it back and see where it goes.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That is a RGB+ cable. I’m wondering if the previous owner had some kind of LED mod he removed. Where does the other end lead to?

Ok so I traced the 4 wires back and the red and black wire lead back to the left ramp J5 spot. The blue wire is wired into the saucer J14 spot, and the green wire is wired into the right ramp J12 spot. Should I unplug all of those wires from the board since I dont need them?

20210117_181125 (resized).jpg20210117_181125 (resized).jpg20210117_181130 (resized).jpg20210117_181130 (resized).jpg20210117_181233 (resized).jpg20210117_181233 (resized).jpg20210117_181243 (resized).jpg20210117_181243 (resized).jpg20210117_181303 (resized).jpg20210117_181303 (resized).jpg20210117_181316 (resized).jpg20210117_181316 (resized).jpg
#9196 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Should I unplug all of those wires from the board since I dont need them?

Yes. Please.

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Ok so I traced the 4 wires back and the red and black wire lead back to the left ramp J5 spot. The blue wire is wired into the saucer J14 spot, and the green wire is wired into the right ramp J12 spot. Should I unplug all of those wires from the board since I dont need them?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoever did that did some pretty bad work. I’d get that out of there fast. That’s a hack for sure.

#9198 3 years ago

That J5 looks very melty.

#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

That J5 looks very melty.

Residue from another after market mod.

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Whoever did that did some pretty bad work. I’d get that out of there fast. That’s a hack for sure.

Picard_Facepalm.gifPicard_Facepalm.gif
Some people should really not work on their own machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.