pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 212.
#9051 3 years ago

I just added jeweled eyes and though I was hoping for a big change the improvement was marginal. Still, if you want to do it the 1.75 mm are a perfect fit.

PXL_20201026_201854444 (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_201854444 (resized).jpgPXL_20201027_132729374 (resized).jpgPXL_20201027_132729374 (resized).jpg
#9052 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just added jeweled eyes and though I was hoping for a big change the improvement was marginal. Still, if you want to do it the 1.75 mm are a perfect fit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bejeweled Martian - awesome!

As a reminder, if you want the Martians to stare back at you with beaming red eyes, these are great: https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on

#9053 3 years ago

Thought I'd try a couple of green saucer domes, and I like how it came out (back left & back right for balance).

AFM.gifAFM.gif

#9054 3 years ago

Well I finally beat my previous Martian Champion score of 47... today I got 68!!! It was also my second best game ever with almost 31 billion which landed in the top spot on my high score list but not my grand champion score of over 38 billion. I did not achieve ruler of the universe again because I missed out on the super jackpot. I spent my last 3 balls chasing that damn thing and never could quite get it. It's funny when you are not having a great game you get super jackpot easily... just the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Ok for the it didn't happen without a picture police I will show a pic of my new Martian Champion score below...
68 Martians (resized).jpg68 Martians (resized).jpg

#9055 3 years ago

Made a few art pieces for this amazing game. Hope you guys like. They're in my shop if you're interested.

afm3.jpgafm3.jpgafmtwo7.jpgafmtwo7.jpg
1 week later
#9056 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ask and you shall receive...pic shows the prototype from my own game. In production, we use red 3m mounting tape to adhere it. It's a roughly 4ft long led strip. Plugs directly into the speaker light connections, no modification needed.
[quoted image]

Are on the speaker light 6 or 12 Volt?

#9057 3 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Are on the speaker light 6 or 12 Volt?

If you are asking what voltage the speaker lights are if you plan to tap into them, they are 12V.

#9058 3 years ago

Just brought home a NIB AFM Special with factory painted green trim. Amazing looking pin! Unfortunately I'm having an issue right out of the gate. When multiball starts, I am not getting an additional ball(s).

I opened the door and lifted the playfield a bit and the next ball is still sitting in the second position. I also filled the trough with all four balls and manually popped out the first ball, and again, the next ball is sitting in the second slot.

I checked the playing field and its leveled. I guess there's some anomaly interfering with the path of the balls in the trough...though it's never happened when starting a ball.

Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to remove the trough? I couldn't see an (easy) way to. I put in a ticket with CGC but curious if anyone here has an idea.

Thanks

#9059 3 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Any thoughts?

I'd check the vertical up kicker at the end of the ball trough that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane. If the tip of the plunger is sitting a tiny bit too high, it won't let balls roll into position.

The plunger/coil is mounted to a bracket. This bracket is mounted to a bracket on the end of the ball trough. Held on by four screws in elongated holes. Which can be loosened to move the plunger/coil bracket up or down. Don't have it too high or too low. Move it down just a tiny bit.

LTG : )

#9060 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the tip of the plunger is sitting a tiny bit too high, it won't let balls roll into position.

Thanks LTG. Sounds obvious when you say it I cinched it down a sliver and it's now working great! Thanks again!!

#9061 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I still need to design a mounting bracket for the LEDs, but overall the illuminated flipper buttons were a fairly simple mod. Of course I had to order all of the parts and make my own wiring harness to tap into the LED speaker connector, but everything went smoothly.[quoted image]

What is the feedback on this mod? I bought them on the initial run a year ago and frankly they got packed away and I forgot about them until I found them recently!

#9062 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is the feedback on this mod? I bought them on the initial run a year ago and frankly they got packed away and I forgot about them until I found them recently!

Generally quite positive with a few issues. In a few cases I ended up sending out new LED strips due to an issue with how I used solderless clips on them (I changed and began soldering all connections). Overall, they still look quite nice in a darker room, but they are not as bright as ring LEDs like you can get from Pinball Life. However, being limited to RGB color changing strips has something to do with this, and they are interactive by matching the speaker lighting coloring. After the initial distribution I designed 3D printed "clear" nuts to replace the OEM metal once, and that increased the brightness some. I sent these out to many who requested them (I think I may have charged a buck or two).

I also had one person say that they didn't like the buttons because they stuck. However, I used only high quality buttons with springs from Pinball Life. I recommended that they lube them with some silicon or some other plastic friendly lubrication, but I don't know if that person took my advice or not.

If you do choose to install them, if you cover the postage I'm more than happy to send you however many thin clear nuts you need, and if you test your strips and have any issues with them not working I'll replace those pieces at no cost to you.

Personally, I still have my original set installed, they've worked flawlessly from day 1, and I still really like them.

#9063 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thought I'd try a couple of green saucer domes, and I like how it came out (back left & back right for balance).
[quoted image]

I also changed out a couple of my saucers to green, (on my SE, not this LE, not my machine) which made me think about now offering green LED eyes for my "Big O jiggly Martians".(c)...

Please let me know what you think, I have not updated my website with them as of now, but if anyone wants them, just order the red ones and leave me a note to request the new green eyed ones...

Thank you,
Mick

mickspinball..com

PS Yes, they are very bright, but I could tone down the brightness if wanted?

green1 (resized).jpggreen1 (resized).jpggreen2 (resized).jpggreen2 (resized).jpggreen3 (resized).jpggreen3 (resized).jpg
#9064 3 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

I also changed out a couple of my saucers to green, (on my SE, not this LE, not my machine) which made me think about now offering green LED eyes for my "Big O jiggly Martians".(c)...
Please let me know what you think, I have not updated my website with them as of now, but if anyone wants them, just order the red ones and leave me a note to request the new green eyed ones...
Thank you,
Mick
mickspinball..com
PS Yes, they are very bright, but I could tone down the brightness if wanted?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One could always mix things up - would look good with red-eyed Martians at center & green-eyed at left & right.

#9065 3 years ago

A few nights ago while playing I got into video mode and it rained down the number 3 one time amongst the spaceships. Has anyone else ever seen the 3 in video mode and if you hit it what happens?

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

A few nights ago while playing I got into video mode. While in video mode it rained down the number 3 one time amongst the spaceships. Has anyone else ever seen the 3 in video mode and if you hit it what happens?

Are you sure it was not a EB as in extra ball?

#9067 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Are you sure it was not a EB as in extra ball?

Yeah... I'm pretty darn sure... I've seen the "EB" all the time...

#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

Yeah... I'm pretty darn sure... I've seen the "EB" all the time...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-orig-or-remake-easter-eggs

Post #6 explains it. I will have to read all of these later

#9069 3 years ago

Anyone selling an AFMr near Arizona? Near like 8 hours or so.

1 week later
#9070 3 years ago

Just picked up an AFM LE noticed that the total plays zeros out after factory reset. Is there anyway to check the true amount of plays on the game?

Thought my game had 480 plays but looks like last factory reset was September 4th.

Regardless its in fantastic shape but would like to know the true number or plays

Also is monster Bash LE the same way?

#9071 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Just picked up an AFM LE noticed that the total plays zeros out after factory reset. Is there anyway to check the true amount of plays on the game?

Over all condition and shooter lane wear tells you a lot.

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

No.

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Also is monster Bash LE the same way?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Every machine without a mechanical counter is the same way...and even then you still don't really know.

#9074 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Every machine without a mechanical counter is the same way...and even then you still don't really know.

I believe the new spike 2 sterns hold onto life time plays.

As always condition is king.

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I believe the new spike 2 sterns hold onto life time plays.

They might, until you replace the flash memory card...

#9076 3 years ago

I just got a AFMR LE and I noticed the kicker for the spaceship keeps knocking it down below the kicker so it doesn't properly shake it back and forth when you blow up a saucer. Is there anyway to adjust the saucer to fix this problem?

20201129_141654 (resized).jpg20201129_141654 (resized).jpg
#9077 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Is there anyway to adjust the saucer to fix this problem?

It is mounted on a big spring. You can bend, twist, lift, turn, do what ever you need to line it up better.

1 week later
#9078 3 years ago

Just joined the club last week with a special edition. loving the game.

Does anyone do a speaker panel decal for this machine? Such a large black area.

#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just joined the club last week with a special edition. loving the game.
Does anyone do a speaker panel decal for this machine? Such a large black area.

I like and use these

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1257-back-alley-creations/03738-afm-space-ships-mod-for-speaker-panel

#9080 3 years ago

Not for me. I got a real nice one for Alice Cooper in the mail the other day, may reach out to the guy who made that one.

#9081 3 years ago

If anyone knows of a vendor with a good price on an AFM SE could you PM me? Not having any luck finding one locally, wanted to price out one new. Last time I looked they were $7299 plus shipping, wasn’t sure if everyone was that price or if there were some that were better. Thanks

#9082 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

If anyone knows of a vendor with a good price on an AFM SE could you PM me? Not having any luck finding one locally, wanted to price out one new. Last time I looked they were $7299 plus shipping, wasn’t sure if everyone was that price or if there were some that were better. Thanks

Cointaker had 1 a couple weeks ago.

#9083 3 years ago

I have an AFMr PowerTranslite that I never installed, and these have been unavailable for some time. I was going to put this one up on Ebay for what I paid for it ($275 + shipping), but I'd like to offer it here first.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

Here is a video of the actual translite

IMG_6185D (resized).jpgIMG_6185D (resized).jpg

#9084 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, I joined the club today. Picked up a rare NIB AFMrLE, green trim. Came with an updated eprom, v2.0. I added as you can see. As far as code, what is latest? I think it says Rev 1.1. Is that latest?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you come across a NIB LE? I wish those still existed.

#9085 3 years ago

Hi!

A new owner entering the club. I have two questions:
1) My martian topper seems not to stand up straight, but it is leaning a bit. Is there a way to adjust this - if so, how?
2) The previous owner had put mylar around the flipper buttons. What would be the proper way to remove the mylar without damaging the cabinet decals? I am planning to put lexan button covers there instead.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_9220 (resized).jpgIMG_9220 (resized).jpgIMG_9222 (resized).jpgIMG_9222 (resized).jpg
#9086 3 years ago

Also have a question on my new to me remake. The flippers on both sides occasionally stick, especially on long games and it takes a few bashes to get them to drop back down. It costs balls of course and is driving me nuts.

I reseated the cables yesterday, and put a bit more tension on the spring blade bits, but it's still happening. Is this a known problem?
If so, what is the fix? The buttons have clipped wire fittings hanging out of them that look like they could have been for lighted buttons, but it doesn't seem as if the buttons themselves are sticking.

#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
A new owner entering the club. I have two questions:
1) My martian topper seems not to stand up straight, but it is leaning a bit. Is there a way to adjust this - if so, how?
2) The previous owner had put mylar around the flipper buttons. What would be the proper way to remove the mylar without damaging the cabinet decals? I am planning to put lexan button covers there instead.
Thanks for any help!

You absolutely sure those are mylar flipper covers? Those look like the peel and stick plastic covers I have on all my machines that is mainly just held on by static cling. If they are those, then its trivial to use a finger to take them off.

If they are mylar...then.....yikes. I'm not sure.

#9088 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You absolutely sure those are mylar flipper covers? Those look like the peel and stick plastic covers I have on all my machines that is mainly just held on by static cling. If they are those, then its trivial to use a finger to take them off.

Agreed, those look like the Titan static cling flipper protectors. Just use your fingernail to get up under it, and I bet it will peel right off. Personally, I have these on all my games to protect the artwork from people's oily hands.

#9089 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Also have a question on my new to me remake. The flippers on both sides occasionally stick, especially on long games and it takes a few bashes to get them to drop back down. It costs balls of course and is driving me nuts.
I reseated the cables yesterday, and put a bit more tension on the spring blade bits, but it's still happening. Is this a known problem?
If so, what is the fix? The buttons have clipped wire fittings hanging out of them that look like they could have been for lighted buttons, but it doesn't seem as if the buttons themselves are sticking.

I would say that they are either mounted too low and rubbing against the bushings (how does it feel if you rotate them by hand). The flipper should not actually be sitting all the way down but elevated a mm or two (a little tool actually comes with the game).

Also, are you sure there's not an issue with coil sleeves and/or coil stops. If anyone has ever messed with those then they may have messed up the alignment of things.

#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would say that they are either mounted too low and rubbing against the bushings (how does it feel if you rotate them by hand). The flipper should not actually be sitting all the way down but elevated a mm or two (a little tool actually comes with the game).
Also, are you sure there's not an issue with coil sleeves and/or coil stops. If anyone has ever messed with those then they may have messed up the alignment of things.

i don't know mate, just got the machine a week or two ago and it's been doing it ever since. What is mounted too low, the actual holes where the buttons are drilled in the cab?
I'm not tech savvy and haven't worked on one with opto switches so asked for help as i thought it may be a known issue. i'll just turn the game off and ask my tech mate to have a look at it when i see him after xmas. Shattered i won't be able to play it till then, great game.

#9091 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Agreed, those look like the Titan static cling flipper protectors. Just use your fingernail to get up under it, and I bet it will peel right off. Personally, I have these on all my games to protect the artwork from people's oily hands.

You were absolutely right! I asked the previous owner and he told me that they were mylar, but fortunately there were not and came off easily Now I can order some lexan protectors to be used instead.

#9092 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What is mounted too low, the actual holes where the buttons are drilled in the cab?
I'm not tech savvy and haven't worked on one with opto switches so asked for help as i thought it may be a known issue. i'll just turn the game off and ask my tech mate to have a look at it when i see him after xmas. Shattered i won't be able to play it till then, great game.

Just to be clear, is it the flippers themselves that are sticking or the flipper buttons?

#9093 3 years ago

No not the buttons, they seem fine. I know how to fix those. it's the flippers themselves. Bashing the buttons seems to fix it after a few seconds, but that could be coincidence.

I did get brave and have a look yesterday as i said. I bent the springs to try and get the opto bits to seat further into the opto sensor thingy, but not sure how much better it made it, still doing it in any case.

#9094 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No not the buttons, they seem fine. I know how to fix those. it's the flippers themselves. Bashing the buttons seems to fix it after a few seconds, but that could be coincidence.
I did get brave and have a look yesterday as i said. I bent the springs to try and get the opto bits to seat further into the opto sensor thingy, but not sure how much better it made it, still doing it in any case.

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays stuck, you have a mechanical problem. Based on what you describe, you have a mechanical problem. I would suggest looking at the flipper mechanism itself, and seeing if you need to clean it, or rebuild it.

#9095 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
Thanks for any help!

I guess one should not go and use brute force -tactics?

#9096 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays stuck, you have a mechanical problem. Based on what you describe, you have a mechanical problem. I would suggest looking at the flipper mechanism itself, and seeing if you need to clean it, or rebuild it.

No it drops when the ball drains. It also happens to both flippers.

#9097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No it drops when the ball drains. It also happens to both flippers.

OK - go into switch test and see if you can replicate the issue where the flipper opto switches stay engaged when the button is not. Might also be worth a support ticket to CGC being opened—they likely have a better idea of the possible causes.

#9098 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

You were absolutely right! I asked the previous owner and he told me that they were mylar, but fortunately there were not and came off easily Now I can order some lexan protectors to be used instead.

Do you really need them?

#9099 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Do you really need them?

I guess in home environment generally one does not need them, but I have put them on my pins.

#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I guess in home environment generally one does not need them, but I have put them on my pins.

I think the stick on protectors are plenty good for home environment. I wouldn't want something hard like lexan there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.00
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
5,400 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/182?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.