IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 211.
#8951 3 years ago

Does anyone have a couple of pics of what the Lermods under cab lighting looks like? I've looked all over the web and I can't find a pic of what you are actually buying. Lots of pics of what it looks like after installed, but I'm looking for what the actual kit looks like.

#8952 3 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

Does anyone have a couple of pics of what the Lermods under cab lighting looks like? I've looked all over the web and I can't find a pic of what you are actually buying. Lots of pics of what it looks like after installed, but I'm looking for what the actual kit looks like.

Ask and you shall receive...pic shows the prototype from my own game. In production, we use red 3m mounting tape to adhere it. It's a roughly 4ft long led strip. Plugs directly into the speaker light connections, no modification needed.

PXL_20201006_182457064.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20201006_182457064.NIGHT (resized).jpg

#8953 3 years ago

That looks like 5050 Dumb LED strip. Am I missing something?

#8954 3 years ago

Hey all, I joined the club about 2-3 weeks ago.

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

RGB and ground... I'd say yep.

#8956 3 years ago

Added a couple of spotlights near the slings. I think they go well with the 50s theme (kind of look like atomic blasters). They really light up the martians with a moon like light that I think adds a lot to the space invasion vibe.

5DD6553D-FED9-4CC2-BE2B-3B36DF35B7F8 (resized).jpeg5DD6553D-FED9-4CC2-BE2B-3B36DF35B7F8 (resized).jpeg
#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

RGB and ground... I'd say yep.

Quoted from PKingRoch:

Yes, they tie into the speaker lights. Don’t need addressable for this purpose.

#8958 3 years ago

So with all this hubbub of gnr coming out, I decided to contact my distributor and order myself....

An afm remake. Lol.

Got the CE with a color chip. I debated between that and the SE, but dammit it I couldnt justify the price. I dont care about the color speakers and didnt really want the huge screen (yet oddly enough like the huge screen on mb). The chip gets me the triple colored space ship and if I want to add a shaker later I can.

I've only kicked this idea around for literally years. Hell.... I posted in this very thread debating on getting one and finally got off my ass and did it.

When I told my wife, I came into the room and said, "so, my son finished the lawn. Here is your mail.... and... Imighthaveorderedapinballmachine. Okay goodbye!"

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So with all this hubbub of gnr coming out, I decided to contact my distributor and order myself....
An afm remake. Lol.
Got the CE with a color chip. I debated between that and the SE, but dammit it I couldnt justify the price. I dont care about the color speakers and didnt really want the huge screen (yet oddly enough like the huge screen on mb). The chip gets me the triple colored space ship and if I want to add a shaker later I can.
I've only kicked this idea around for literally years. Hell.... I posted in this very thread debating on getting one and finally got off my ass and did it.
When I told my wife, I came into the room and said, "so, my son finished the lawn. Here is your mail.... and... Imighthaveorderedapinballmachine. Okay goodbye!"

Congrats! You're going to love it. It's a great game. I also opted for the CE with a color chip, and I'm really happy with it.

#8960 3 years ago

Joined the club today with LE # 916. Love the green trim.

#8961 3 years ago

I got my SE last week. I didn't know it came with a shaker but the shaker on this machine is awesome! My Woz had a shaker and it was kind of Meh. But this shaker is integrated well with the machine.

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

An afm remake. Lol.

Congrats CE is awesome. Can’t beat the classic look IMO

#8963 3 years ago

Curious. For those with a CE. Is there some generic logo like a saucer or “Classic” or something of that nature that you’d purchase for the area where the “Bally” logo is missing? I ask because I can’t make a Bally logo due to rights but could make other elements if there’s interest.

#8964 3 years ago

Accidental double-post.

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

An afm remake. Lol.

Its exactly the same game.

You're gonna love it!

#8966 3 years ago

Sorry for brining up gnr, but after the stream I just watched, I feel I definitely made a good choice!

I ordered a color chip and am confused. Is there not a color chip specific to each game? Flippinout gives you the option to buy it but gave the impression they were almost universal??

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sorry for brining up gnr, but after the stream I just watched, I feel I definitely made a good choice!
I ordered a color chip and am confused. Is there not a color chip specific to each game? Flippinout gives you the option to buy it but gave the impression they were almost universal??

Pretty sure there is a unique chip for each game. I’m sure flipnout will send you the correct one.

#8968 3 years ago

Happy to join the club! I received my CE today and it is everything I'd hoped for. I might want to add the color display chip later, but it is amazing as it is already!

#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from atlcog:

Happy to join the club! I received my CE today and it is everything I'd hoped for. I might want to add the color display chip later, but it is amazing as it is already!

Color chip adds color to the big space ship lights too.

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

An afm remake. Lol.

I saw GnR pin this week and bought AFMr Monday. Couldn’t wait any longer for a new pin I really wanted to come out.

#8971 3 years ago

I would get that color chip. Animations go from a D to an A with it. Big improvement. I had gotten it the same day as the machine. After playing 30 minutes with old 1 color lcd, I was glad I got the color chip

#8972 3 years ago

I'm having an occasional problem with the VUK from the ball lock. Sometimes, it fires over and over and over again before sending the ball out. Only sometimes. 75% of the time, it works perfectly fine. Then in the other 25% of the time, it may take 2-lots of tries before it comes up. Once the machine went into ball search mode it tried so many times.

Any ideas on what adjustment I might need to make to fix this?

The machine is new, so I could always reach out to Chicago Gaming, but I thought I would ask here first since it's Friday after 5pm.

#8973 3 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

Any ideas on what adjustment I might need to make to fix this?

Make it stronger in the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in your manual.

LTG : )

#8974 3 years ago

Weird question to people with a CE thst upgraded their chip. Where is the chip located? Some say under the playfield and some say in the back box? Which one is it? Did they change it to back box later in production?

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Weird question to people with a CE thst upgraded their chip. Where is the chip located? Some say under the playfield and some say in the back box? Which one is it? Did they change it to back box later in production?

On my game its under the playfield. On the board with the socket on it.

Its in plain sight, nothing has to be removed.

Nylon tied down from the factory, as its upside down, gravity will dislodge it at dome point.

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Bingo! Two red 4 green is the way to go, looks amazing[quoted image]

So, I assume these are just standard green flash lamp domes (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8171-26)?

Also, how do you remove the original ones from the saucers?

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, how do you remove the original ones from the saucers?

Twist saucer and remove from base. Pop them out. Glued in.

#8978 3 years ago

Yea I got them on macro, it said they were for stern but they are the same as the red ones

I ordered new mini saucers from planetary pinball because I got them painted

To remove them you just twist and pull them off (hold from the dome)

If you use your current saucers you have to remove some glue to separate the dome from the saucer

I didn’t glue the domes to my new saucers, doesn’t really need it

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Twist saucer and remove from base. Pop them out. Glued in.

The "pop them out" part is what I wasn't sure about, thanks.

#8980 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Make it stronger in the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in your manual.

This is already set at Max in the CGC menu.

#8981 3 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

This is already set at Max in the CGC menu.

Assuming you don't have a coil problem check to make sure the coil plunger is returning to rest position. Some VUK's are pretty much direct plunger to ball like the ball trough kicker, some have a pin about the size of a nail that the plunger hits so the VUK will do it's job. The ball rests in sort of an upside down dome shaped hole which centers the ball while the "nail" comes up from the center. If this "nail" is not going full down the ball will kick sideways instead straight up. Put your finger in the hole to make sure it's going all the way down. 'Might just take some WD40 to fix.
You might also might have an alignment issue so make sure the VUK is screwed in all the way around.

#8982 3 years ago

Ok.. I need help. I just got 26,228,047,080 and lit up all 6 of the blue lights (which including me beating Mars for the first time) that is says it takes to rule the universe and it did not give it to me. I am confused and would like to know what I didn't do to rule the universe.

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

Ok.. I need help. I just got 26,228,047,080 and lit up all 6 of the blue lights (which including me beating Mars for the first time) that is says it takes to rule the universe and it did not give it to me. I am confused and would like to know what I didn't do to rule the universe.

After you light all the 6 lights snd conquer mars,

The blue light to rule the universe is lit at the scoop.

Hit the scoop to enter the mode.

Make 15 million points by hitting the associated ramps etc.

#8984 3 years ago

You have to finish what you started.

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After you light all the 6 lights snd conquer mars,
The blue light to rule the universe is lit at the scoop.
Hit the scoop to enter the mode.
Make 15 million points by hitting the associated ramps etc.

Ok.. about how many ramps would it take to get just 15 million more points in your experience? Thanks...

#8986 3 years ago

Ok.. about how many ramps would it take to get just 15 million more points in your experience? Thanks...

I think its only 5 million points? lol.

I havnt done it in awhile.

Others can chime in.

Either way you will know when its done.

#8987 3 years ago

Anyone that wants a color chip for their afm ce, I'm selling one that's never been installed nor used. 300 dollars plus 10 shipping. Lmk. Comes with everything you would normally get, including instructions, plastic box and little pinching tool.

#8988 3 years ago

Loving the side art from Brian Allen!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8989 3 years ago

Having issues where the ball goes in the air immediately after hitting the metal on launch. This causes the ball to not always make it to the pop bumpers. The metal is not perfectly flush with the wood and there is some give to push down. Do I simply tighten the screws on top or do I need to take the ramp off to adjust this. Why are there two pieces of metal combined here? Thanks for any help!

JPEG image 2 (resized).jpegJPEG image 2 (resized).jpeg

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

take the ramp off to adjust this.

I'd do that and gently bend it down a little.

#8991 3 years ago

So anyone having (or had) the issue where you set the time, and while the game is on it can remember it, but as soon as you turn it off, it refuses to advance the time? It only shows the time from when it was last on, and not all the time like a normal pinball machine would. What is this? Any help would be appreciated!

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So anyone having (or had) the issue where you set the time, and while the game is on it can remember it, but as soon as you turn it off, it refuses to advance the time? It only shows the time from when it was last on, and not all the time like a normal pinball machine would. What is this? Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like the battery on the pinball controller died, replace it and you should be fine.

#8993 3 years ago

If anyone is thinking of selling I’m looking for an LE!

#8994 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Sounds like the battery on the pinball controller died, replace it and you should be fine.

Its brand new! Plus it saves everything else (settings, custom message, high scores). Is that not sorta odd?

#8995 3 years ago

So I replaced the battery.... didnt work. Just gives me a random odd time of day from around abouts the actual time, but off. Today it just said it was 5 something AM when I just set it at 10:30. Wasnt even on at 5 am and have bo clue why it would be so far off. What exactly is going on?

Any other suggestions?

#8996 3 years ago

FINALLY!!!... I achieved "RULE THE UNIVERSE"!!!!.. final score was 38,659,549,530 and I set a new personal best for Martian champion of 47. It was an epic battle that went all the way down to the last ball and probably 3 extra balls during the game (started with the normal 3 balls). Overall it took me less than 3 months to beat it but I played soooooo many games. Thanks to all of the fine folks here who gave me some help along the way.

#8997 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I replaced the battery.... didnt work. Just gives me a random odd time of day from around abouts the actual time, but off. Today it just said it was 5 something AM when I just set it at 10:30. Wasnt even on at 5 am and have bo clue why it would be so far off. What exactly is going on?
Any other suggestions?

contact CGC support on their site they are quick to respond.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd do that and gently bend it down a little.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help! Bending that piece down seemed to be all it needed to have a nice consistent launch. Easy fix until the screw fell in a spot that was tough to get

#8999 3 years ago

FINALLY!!!... I achieved "RULE THE UNIVERSE"!!!!.. final score was 38,659,549,530 and I set a new personal best for Martian champion of 47. It was an epic battle that went all the way down to the last ball and probably 3 extra balls during the game (started with the normal 3 balls). Overall it took me less than 3 months to beat it but I played soooooo many games. Thanks to all of the fine folks here who gave me some help along the way.

Picture or it didnt happen...

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Picture or it didnt happen...

Grand Champ NAC (resized).jpgGrand Champ NAC (resized).jpgMartian Champ NAC (resized).jpgMartian Champ NAC (resized).jpgRule Universe NAC (resized).jpgRule Universe NAC (resized).jpg

It happened tough guy... lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 210.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/180?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.