pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 212.
#8851 3 years ago

If anyone has the cool white gi LEDS please send me a pm

#8852 3 years ago

When you order a color upgrade kit for the CE is there anything physically included. Can you buy a used upgrade or resell the the upgrade if you end up not liking it?

#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When you order a color upgrade kit for the CE is there anything physically included.

If its similar to MM, and I dont see why it wouldnt be, the color upgrade kit will contain a new PROM that has the high definition color images.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from lpeters82:

Can you resell the the upgrade if you end up not liking it?

LOL, That's like asking if you can give money away if you have too much

#8854 3 years ago

So I purchased the SE model last week and have fallen in love with just about every part of it. Iv’e read most of the 176 pages of this forum but I’m still confused as to what is the best under cabinet lighting that actually interacts with the game?

#8855 3 years ago

in theory, is this all you need to add the additional lights to the mini saucers in the se/ce or is there another controller board that is required?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-PCB-SAUCER8

#8856 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

So I purchased the SE model last week and have fallen in love with just about every part of it. Iv’e read most of the 176 pages of this forum but I’m still confused as to what is the best under cabinet lighting that actually interacts with the game?

Ours of course . It interacts with the speaker lights.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#8857 3 years ago

Have these on all 3 of my CGC games. Awesome and easy.

#8858 3 years ago

I’m going to pick up an AFMrLE tomorrow morning. I don’t have time to read through this whole thread. Can anyone tell me if there is something I should be on the lookout for? Do these have playfield issues? Is there a build date range that has problems? Etc?

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m going to pick up an AFMrLE tomorrow morning. I don’t have time to read through this whole thread. Can anyone tell me if there is something I should be on the lookout for? Do these have playfield issues? Is there a build date range that has problems? Etc?

Don't worry about it. They are solid. Get it home. Set it up. Enjoy.

LTG : )

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

As someone who purchased an LE as a second owner, here are the key things to consider:

1) Is there any crackling in the plastics. If so, you can buy new ones but you will want to negotiate out the price to replace them. | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/150#post-5242862

2) Make sure you don't have the pale oranges. | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/61#post-4211388

3) See if it has the Solenoid 2.0 chip or not. If so, you're good to go. If not, it may not cost you anything but you'll want to know the distributor where the pin was originally purchased. You may even need the original buyer to make the request for/with you to get it. Also, if you do not have the 2.0 chip DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE STRENGTH SETTINGS FOR THE FLIPPERS OR OTHER SOLENOIDS | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/160#post-5376472

#2 might be a deal killer as it isn't fixable, but #1 & #3 shouldn't cause you to hesitate at all. Just account for what you may have to do/spend to correct them.

#8861 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

I also still have enough materials to make a few more interactive illuminated flipper buttons if you are interested (both these and the under cab lighting can be installed simultaneously):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5294583

#8862 3 years ago

Thanks for the response. I’m pretty colorblind. These are pics of the game. How do these colors look?

2675DD3D-FF19-4C51-A14B-271D7FFC5CC2 (resized).jpeg2675DD3D-FF19-4C51-A14B-271D7FFC5CC2 (resized).jpegD3331450-3BBC-4008-A00A-24EB7D4C517E (resized).jpegD3331450-3BBC-4008-A00A-24EB7D4C517E (resized).jpeg0D069607-EBDF-4CDB-A8C2-D50A9213BA34 (resized).png0D069607-EBDF-4CDB-A8C2-D50A9213BA34 (resized).png01E7FC50-A778-41C1-A757-77A26C43CC48 (resized).png01E7FC50-A778-41C1-A757-77A26C43CC48 (resized).png5EC672C6-63A6-4CFE-9624-EBF32EF4CF0A (resized).png5EC672C6-63A6-4CFE-9624-EBF32EF4CF0A (resized).png
#8863 3 years ago

Looks pale man. I could be wrong though, still an awesome game.

Edit: eh you might be good, right to tell with your lighting/white balance on that picture

#8864 3 years ago

What color is the border around the switch slot supposed to be?

#8865 3 years ago

A lightish orange. Some early playfields had a more pale almost skin color orange. Neither is what I would call dark so it’s hard to tell from you pictures because they aren’t great photos. Though I’m like 80% sure yours is good.

#8866 3 years ago

Your colors look good to me, but the lighting in those photos is terrible.

#8867 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I also still have enough materials to make a few more interactive illuminated flipper buttons if you are interested (both these and the under cab lighting can be installed simultaneously):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5294583

Yup, I’m interested, sign me up.

#8868 3 years ago

Tha is for the input guys. I appreciate it.

#8869 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Tha is for the input guys. I appreciate it.

Sure. Your first pic is the key. Compare the orange around the squares and around jackpot to the link I included. You definitely have color.

#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for the response. I’m pretty colorblind. These are pics of the game. How do these colors look?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks perfect.

#8871 3 years ago

shine a blacklight on it and see if the orange glows.

I didn't realize this was a problem on some models. Odd that the paint that's specifically reactive to UV light is destroyed by UV light.

#8872 3 years ago

I've been having a shooter plunger path issue that has been there for awhile, but seems worse as of late. I plunge ball and it will get caught up before looping right orbit at region of the bumpers exit when ball drops out from bumpers to lower playfield.

I have not found a fix although in attempting to research on Pinside I found below excerpt from a post by chrisnack dated "2 years ago"[exact date not indicated on post], with link below that was posted by him that appears to be PDF per post however link does not work (probably because "2 years old").

Shooter plunger/path -
-PDF available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/49#post-4158609

Anybody know where to find fix for this issue or directions. I gather I likely have to bend/adjust ball launch ramp and/or plunger centering of ball although seems fairly centered by simply viewing of eye at plunger from above with ball seated there.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

#8873 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I've been having a shooter plunger path issue that has been there for awhile, but seems worse as of late. I plunge ball and it will get caught up before looping right orbit at region of the bumpers exit when ball drops out from bumpers to lower playfield.
I have not found a fix although in attempting to research on Pinside I found below excerpt from a post by chrisnack dated "2 years ago"[exact date not indicated on post], with link below that was posted by him that appears to be PDF per post however link does not work (probably because "2 years old").
Shooter plunger/path -
-PDF available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/49#post-4158609
Anybody know where to find fix for this issue or directions. I gather I likely have to bend/adjust ball launch ramp and/or plunger centering of ball although seems fairly centered by simply viewing of eye at plunger from above with ball seated there.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Contact CGC. Mine had an issue when I got it that prevented the ball from making a full orbit on the plunge. CGC sent me out the "improved" ball guide that solved the problem. While you're at it, make sure yours has the 2.0 chip as well.

#8874 3 years ago

I’m in the club now. Just got it all set up. I didn’t think I’d like the green trim, buts it’s pretty cool in person. I dig it.

This game is stunning all around. Should be fun.

2 things I’ve noticeD though.

1 - My alien on the topper has one eye that isn’t lit. Any easy way to fix this? It’s all plugged in. Is this a known issue. I can’t imagine all that jumping up and down helps any. For now I unplugged the eyes.

2 - When I dim the back glass, I get feedback from the speakers. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix for this. I’d like the back glass dim, but the noise is annoying.

4423F3CE-1C57-41A5-AE44-75A436EDA849 (resized).jpeg4423F3CE-1C57-41A5-AE44-75A436EDA849 (resized).jpegC910AA30-C924-4E58-AF24-E4234FBE464F (resized).jpegC910AA30-C924-4E58-AF24-E4234FBE464F (resized).jpeg
#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m in the club now. Just got it all set up. I didn’t think I’d like the green trim, buts it’s pretty cool in person. I dig it.
1 - My alien on the topper has one eye that isn’t lit. Any easy way to fix this? It’s all plugged in. Is this a known issue. I can’t imagine all that jumping up and down helps any. For now I unplugged the eyes.
2 - When I dim the back glass, I get feedback from the speakers. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix for this. I’d like the back glass dim, but the noise is annoying. [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know about #1, but yep...#2....known issue, without a fix. Usually there is a setting that is quieter than the others.

#8876 3 years ago

Hearing the new run of AFMr’s will have a Martian Edition with all the features of the LE new powder coat and the new RGB GI and a topper (not sure if the same as the LE topper hope to hell not!). Anyone else heard this?

#8877 3 years ago

Cgc said before that the only reason they did that for mmr was because it wasn’t offered in the past like it was for afm, and mbr. I also heard that the afm run was small (250) and sold out already. So overall, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

I’ve certainly been wrong in the past though.. I have cash in hand for a topper, even though I’m happy w/ my custom one.

#8878 3 years ago

Getting my AFMr from the newest run hopefully this week. Distributer only got a handful to sell and they’re sold as SEs. That would be a nice surprise but I highly doubt it’s different without telling anyone.

#8879 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hearing the new run of AFMr’s will have a Martian Edition with all the features of the LE new powder coat and the new RGB GI and a topper (not sure if the same as the LE topper hope to hell not!). Anyone else heard this?

Where did you hear that?

#8880 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Welcome to the club!

#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you hear that?

Here is the official announcement, but I think it may have been misinterpreted.

#8882 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

2 - When I dim the back glass, I get feedback from the speakers. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix for this. I’d like the back glass dim, but the noise is annoying. [quoted image][quoted image]

For the eye, you might want to put a support ticket into CGC so see if they can provide diagnostics & resolution. Even though the game is not under warranty, they are typically very supportive and helpful (I've had to use them a few times).

#8883 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Fort the eye, you might want to put a support ticket into CGC so see if they can provide diagnostics & resolution. Even though the game is not under warranty, they are typically very supportive and helpful (I've had to use them a few times).

Will do. Thank you.

#8884 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where did you hear that?

I was in my living room at the time.

I hope it is BS (esp the topper part!)

#8885 3 years ago

I have to say, I like this game more and more ever time I play it...

#8886 3 years ago

Wanted to follow up that the new batch they just made is the same. Just got mine a few days ago. My only complaint is that my 10 year old is a lot better at it than I am!

IMG-3788 (resized).jpgIMG-3788 (resized).jpg
#8887 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what type of bulb I can use in the alien head for the topper. Mine is out. I pulled it out and it just looks like a push style (555) and says 12v. So will any 12v push style pinball bulb work?

#8888 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can anyone tell me what type of bulb I can use in the alien head for the topper. Mine is out. I pulled it out and it just looks like a push style (555) and says 12v. So will any 12v push style pinball bulb work?

I would say "no". It is very important that you don't over draw amps (you can search this thread as I did something similar to the 12V coin door bulbs and blew out a board - expensive error on my part). I would say to put in a ticket to CGC and see what they say.

Also, can you post a photo of the bulb? This is the only 12V bulb I see on PPS for AFM, so if the one you pulled matches then I say this is what you need: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-LED12VW&Category_Code=GS-6385

#8889 3 years ago

Shout out to Mr_Tantrum for his amazing version of the Eat At Eddys mod. The build quality is top notch and the lighting is just awesome with its fire flickering effect and built in light for the sign. 10/10

5D327620-B2D0-449A-B877-2C1DBA3C4B76 (resized).jpeg5D327620-B2D0-449A-B877-2C1DBA3C4B76 (resized).jpeg
#8890 3 years ago

Well, I’m sorry the Dolphins has such a hard time broadcasting the game today (the power was out and then there was a lightning delay), but it gave me the opportunity to Rule the Universe- finally!!!!

B79B6D04-1A2C-4D3D-BFCD-FD64855EB7C3 (resized).jpegB79B6D04-1A2C-4D3D-BFCD-FD64855EB7C3 (resized).jpegB8F47636-47C6-4C75-B7AF-9608B2715353 (resized).jpegB8F47636-47C6-4C75-B7AF-9608B2715353 (resized).jpeg
#8891 3 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with the Cointaker Bally/Williams Remake mirror blades? Was about to install these but the OCD in me is having a hard time with how the holes just don't seem like they're cut in the right spot (too low) for this machine. Also, it's bolt doesn't have to be tightened over the mirror to support it does it? Hole seems much bigger and off center from what I was hoping for.

61797 (resized).jpg61797 (resized).jpg
#8892 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Has anyone had any experience with the Cointaker Bally/Williams Remake mirror blades? Was about to install these but the OCD in me is having a hard time with how the holes just don't seem like they're cut in the right spot (too low) for this machine. Also, it's bolt doesn't have to be tightened over the mirror to support it does it? Hole seems much bigger and off center from what I was hoping for.
[quoted image]

I have them on my AFMr, mmr and had them on my mbR. I had no issues with fit. The bolt doesn’t support it, the screws in the lower portion of the blades do.

#8893 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have them on my AFMr, mmr and had them on my mbR. I had no issues with fit. The bolt doesn’t support it, the screws in the lower portion of the blades do.

Thanks. I saw in an earlier post your mirror blades fit perfectly (no gap) not like how mine would look installed. Where’d you buy yours?

#8894 3 years ago

Can someone tell me what the color code for the green powder coating is? I want to match my back box hinges. I know I read it in here somewhere....can't find it now.

#8895 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks. I saw in an earlier post your mirror blades fit perfectly (no gap) not like how mine would look installed. Where’d you buy yours?

Cointaker

#8896 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what the color code for the green powder coating is? I want to match my back box hinges. I know I read it in here somewhere....can't find it now.

CGC does not make it public - I called themed directly. However, they do have an authorized powder coater if you wish to send your parts in and have them done. You just need to call/email regarding availability, time, & pricing: https://backalleycreations.com

#8897 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

[quoted image]

I don't remember who I bought them from, but I had a similar issues with the first set of mirror blades I got for my first AFMr. Ended up getting a refund.

Edit: Yep... From cointaker.

See post 6085.

#8898 3 years ago

I think planetary pinball sells the actual blades used on the LE. They look a little different to the cointaker ones I think. Not sure they will fit an SE/CE but I assume they will fit better.

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't remember who I bought them from, but I had a similar issues with the first set of mirror blades I got for my first AFMr. Ended up getting a refund.
Edit: Yep... From cointaker.
See post 6085.

Thanks I think I'll return and get a better fitting set.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think planetary pinball sells the actual blades used on the LE. They look a little different to the cointaker ones I think. Not sure they will fit an SE/CE but I assume they will fit better.

Agreed. I don't see a reason the LE blades wouldn't fit on the SE or CE. I'll order these. Thanks!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-MIRBLDR
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-MIRBLDL

#8900 3 years ago

I was so close. This game really makes you focus on ball control and making shots. Had it for a few days and am loving it. It’s been a long time since I played it on location. Missed this machine.

I am sure my next 10 games will be outlane drain fests.

6474D055-4A88-492D-827B-A4A53DF5351B (resized).jpeg6474D055-4A88-492D-827B-A4A53DF5351B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/178?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.