pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 212.
#8751 3 years ago

Any idea where I can get the Bally decal to go in the speaker panel of the CE? Can’t find this anywhere.

All I could find was this.... seems pricey just to yet a logo on there- would it even work/fit on a remake?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10374-7A

#8752 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any idea where I can get the Bally decal to go in the speaker panel of the CE? Can’t find this anywhere.
All I could find was this.... seems pricey just to yet a logo on there- would it even work/fit on a remake?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10374-7A

Guess I didn't realize the CE didn't have the logo, but in looking at the pic there is a blank non-textured rectangle below the DMD screen. Since Rick @ PPS owns the Bally IP you are at the mercy of PPS offering one (I don't think they do) or making one for yourself.
afm-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpgafm-ce-machine-lg (resized).jpg

#8753 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Guess I didn't realize the CE didn't have the logo, but in looking at the pic there is a blank non-textured rectangle below the DMD screen. Since Rick @ PPS owns the Bally IP you are at the mercy of PPS offering one (I don't think they do) or making one for yourself.
[quoted image]

There was a pinsider making some nice, (albeit illegal) stick on bally logos. But I cant remember who it was.

#8754 3 years ago

Hi guys more noobie questions in anticipation of my game arriving Thursday

Are there any recommended settings in terms of ball save/extra ball/features/etc to maximize the lastability of the game? Or do you just play it stock?

#8755 3 years ago

hi me, again.

Does the color chip upgrade for classic also enable green/blue in the main saucer?

#8756 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does the color chip upgrade for classic also enable green/blue in the main saucer?

No. It's for display colors.

LTG : )

#8757 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's for display colors.
LTG : )

is there a different upgrade for that? i saw a pinside market listing that said it had a "full" color upgrade that did.

edit: looking through the market archive im seeing a lot of CEs with color upgrade where you can see in the photos displaying colors other than red...

example: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87517

video from listing:

#8758 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

is there a different upgrade for that? i saw a pinside market listing that said it had a "full" color upgrade that did.
edit: looking through the market archive im seeing a lot of CEs with color upgrade where you can see in the photos displaying colors other than red...
example: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87517
video from listing:

Looks like a Pinstadium upgrade

#8759 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Looks like a Pinstadium upgrade

yea on the side lighting, not the saucer- right?

more examples...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/79018
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90018

anyway, ill find out in a few days and will report back

#8760 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

yea on the side lighting, not the saucer- right?
more examples...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/79018
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90018
anyway, ill find out in a few days and will report back

I believe you can connect the side lighting to the main saucer. Pretty cool. It was posted on this thread awhile back with some information.

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I believe you can connect the side lighting to the main saucer. Pretty cool. It was posted on this thread awhile back with some information.

Wouldn’t that just be to drive the pinstadium colors?

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

If you are referring to the PinStadium lighting, the version I have (I'm confused by all their product names, but I have the regular lights with the UV lighting) you can connect the UV lights to the saucer flasher. This is the way I've done mine, and I really enjoy the light show when you down a saucer. I know they make other versions of PinStadiums where you can connect to multiple flashers to achieve different effects.

#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Another question... is there a way to add the mini saucer light show to the CE?

I believe this is what you are seeking...

http://www.ufopinball.com/AFM-LED/purchase.htm

#8764 3 years ago

Ah, does that work with the remakes?

#8765 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

hi me, again.

The CE has the tri-colored lights on the main saucer. They can be enabled if you add the color chip.

You can disable this in the CGC menu, if you just want one color. I think you can even chose which single color to use, if I remember correctly.

I've got mine set to use all the colors and it's a nice effect.

#8766 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

The CE has the tri-colored lights on the main saucer. They can be enabled if you add the color chip.
You can disable this in the CGC menu, if you just want one color. I think you can even chose which single color to use, if I remember correctly.
I've got mine set to use all the colors and it's a nice effect.

Boom, thanks. CGC needs to update their website

#8767 3 years ago

Anyone have a 3D translite they’d be willing to part with? Send me a pm

#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

hi me, again.

Yes, if you put the color display chip in your CE it will enable the various colors on the main saucer as well (instead of just red.)

#8769 3 years ago

I'm not quite in the club yet, but after being told pre-COVID that it would cost me $9-10k for a NIB AfM SE, I pretty much determined that I probably wasn't going to be able to get one for a long while. However, a surprise call from the distro about 2 weeks ago told me about the CGC re-runs of this, and in a week I'll finally be joining the club with a pin that my wife and I have been wanting ever since we saw an SE in person.

This will bring my pin count up to 4 (Who Dunnit?, TMNT LE, Munsters B&W Premium) with the addition of AfM.

I'm happy to say that of all my pins, this one is probably the one I'm most excited about.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all in the clubhouse!

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

I'm not quite in the club yet, but after being told pre-COVID that it would cost me $9-10k for a NIB AfM SE, I pretty much determined that I probably wasn't going to be able to get one for a long while. However, a surprise call from the distro about 2 weeks ago told me about the CGC re-runs of this, and in a week I'll finally be joining the club with a pin that my wife and I have been wanting ever since we saw an SE in person.
This will bring my pin count up to 4 (Who Dunnit?, TMNT LE, Munsters B&W Premium) with the addition of AfM.
I'm happy to say that of all my pins, this one is probably the one I'm most excited about.
Looking forward to hanging out with you all in the clubhouse!

Definitely get an SE or LE if you can, preferably an LE.

#8771 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Definitely get an SE or LE if you can, preferably an LE.

This is one game that the LE is the way to go for sure

#8772 3 years ago

Or buy an SE and find a guy who will sell his topper to you.

#8773 3 years ago

Any edition of this game is great. I have a CE and I love it.

#8774 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Or buy an SE and find a guy who will sell his topper to you.

Absolutely!

Now there are only 999 LE's out there.

#8775 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ah, does that work with the remakes?

Just got an answer back from the seller... it does NOT work with the remakes at this time. He is however developing a kit that will and hopes to have it available in the near future.

#8776 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

hi me, again.

I see others have replied as well but I can confirm that the color chip on a classic does allow for changing the main saucers led colors as well. Mine is currently set to green.

#8777 3 years ago

Ok... Just in case: if any LE owners don't want the topper let me know...

Or, if you have an LE for sale in the Southeast - also let me know.

Cheers!

#8778 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

This is one game that the LE is the way to go for sure

It is the best topper out there no doubt about it. It will be more valuable in years to come as the little boards that make it function are not available.

#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from RickInFl:

Ok... Just in case: if any LE owners don't want the topper let me know...
Or, if you have an LE for sale in the Southeast - also let me know.
Cheers!

I'll sell mine for $15,000 - comes with a free AFMr LE pinball machine.

#8780 3 years ago

Just got my CE with a July 2020 build date.

The saucer has the 3 color interactive lights even without the color chip (yes I checked to make sure they hadn't accidentally given it to me).

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just got my CE with a July 2020 build date.
The saucer has the 3 color interactive lights even without the color chip (yes I checked to make sure they hadn't accidentally given it to me).

Nice! Congrats!!

#8782 3 years ago

So I've had my game for a few days now, here as some of my initial impressions

1. The outlanes are brutal in this game. I am just an average player, so I had to close them a little to take some of the frustration out of the game. Plays much better with them close a bit IMO (unless I truly suck).

2. I've heard everything say this is a high scoring game.... but to me it feels very low scoring. Yes you are in the "billions" but you are really only advancing the first digit by increments of 1-10 so it feels like you aren't really blowing up the score.

3. The right ramp is tough. It's the only shot in the game that I feel like I don't really have much control if it goes in or rattles out.

4. I know people say the game is less center toy dependent than MM for scoring, but I am still struggling to find big points in Multiball/super jackpot/TA- I am sure there are some stacking opportunities I am not aware and taking advantage of yet...

5. I can't stop playing this game. I'm pretty sure I've put 100+ games in over 3 days...

Question- what is your average score in this game? What is considered a decent/good/great score?

#8783 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

1. The outlanes are brutal in this game. I am just an average player, so I had to close them a little to take some of the frustration out of the game. Plays much better with them close a bit IMO (unless I truly suck).
2. I've heard everything say this is a high scoring game.... but to me it feels very low scoring. Yes you are in the "billions" but you are really only advancing the first digit by increments of 1-10 so it feels like you aren't really blowing up the score.
3. The right ramp is tough. It's the only shot in the game that I feel like I don't really have much control if it goes in or rattles out.
4. I know people say the game is less center toy dependent than MM for scoring, but I am still struggling to find big points in Multiball/super jackpot/TA- I am sure there are some stacking opportunities I am not aware and taking advantage of yet...
5. I can't stop playing this game. I'm pretty sure I've put 100+ games in over 3 days...
Question- what is your average score in this game? What is considered a decent/good/great score?

Good score 30 billion
Better score RTU 50-60 billion
Excellent score RTU twice 90-120 billion

#8784 3 years ago

Good score 30 billion

average score?

#8785 3 years ago

Good score 30 billion

I think your scores are double what they should be.

I would consider a "good" game to get you to conquering mars, which puts in you in the 15-18 billion range.

RTU nets you 10 billion (5 billion for the mode and 5 billion for completing it), so around 30 billion by the time you get there.

By the time you requalify RTU (which would only be a couple billion since you don't have cities to reconquer for points), and then beating RTU the second time, you are over 40 billion.

My grand champion score is 44 billion for example, ruling the universe twice, and I've done that a few times now, with the remaining high scores in the 39 - 43 billion range or so.

Considering each RTU after the first probably nets a player 15 billion, to get a score of 120 billion you are looking at RTU 7x in a game.

#8786 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

average score?

I would say an avg score is 6-10B for most experienced game owners. My highest scores are sub 20B, but I've yet to RTU. Don't get me wrong, I still have 3B dud games more than I would like.

#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I know what you mean. The game has what I consider "straight" scoring. There are no score multipliers, 30x super jackpots, point exploits, etc. Like I describe in my post above, I can pretty much tell exactly how far your game went just by looking at your final score.

#8788 3 years ago

I'm seeing all this talk of high scores and average scores, and making a mental note to never play pinball for money with any of you

#8789 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I can't stop playing this game. I'm pretty sure I've put 100+ games in over 3 days...

Which is why this game is considered the best ever for a multitude of us.

#8790 3 years ago

Are those scores with the out lanes closed up or open all the way?
I am not a good player and with the out lanes wide open I have a hard time getting 5 billion.

#8791 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I'm seeing all this talk of high scores and average scores, and making a mental note to never play pinball for money with any of you

Actually, when money is on the line some people crumble - you might actually have an advantage.

#8792 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I am not a good player and with the out lanes wide open I have a hard time getting 5 billion.

Good point. Mine are partially closed.

#8793 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I think its all about the setup.

Mines on factory settings.

Lots of nudging.

#8794 3 years ago

I have had mine for almost 2 months now, it kicked my butt right out of the gate. Slowly you get a better feel for the safer shots to make and scores will go up. For the longest time I could not break 3.5B. My highest now is over 10B but have not put many games in the last few weeks.

#8795 3 years ago

Have you watched these game play videos? Will help you with strategy and scoring methodology.

#8796 3 years ago

Not yet, trying to figure things out on my own. Sometimes when I watch a strategy videos it's hard for me to do anything other than the optimal strategy so it takes some of the fun out. Eventually I will, thanks

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not yet, trying to figure things out on my own. Sometimes when I watch a strategy videos it's hard for me to do anything other than the optimal strategy so it takes some of the fun out. Eventually I will, thanks

Personally, I don't watch them to try to replicate, rather to better understand parts of the game. For example, I know this sound simple but I've had the pin for probably a year now and don't think I've ever earned super jackpot. Was trying to read how to do it, but just wasn't getting it. Watched the vids and know I know what to do. I played a few games with the sole intent of earning a super jackpot, and after a few tries I got my first. Now, I understand how to accomplish it, and am mindful of achieving it during my normal course of playing.

Also, I'm at the point where I don't play for points, but for achievements. It's a different strategy, but for me playing for achievements can be quite different in how you approach the game and leaves a lot of the fun and spontaneity in the game.

#8798 3 years ago

I watched both videos, the second one made me realize a different way to play, also that I don't have that kind of flipper control

#8799 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I watched both videos, the second one made me realize a different way to play, also that I don't have that kind of flipper control

I'm nowhere close to that level of player either. Even so, gotta love it at 15 seconds into the video - direct center drain even for a player of his ability (probably didn't care since ball save was still active).

Also, one of the best things about the video is you can actually watch all of the animations on the DMD. When playing, I can barely look up for split seconds at a time to see what is going on.

#8800 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

He is a great player.

I was watching a bit of the second video...and noticed something. If you go to 3:35, he starts his 5 way combo ->

1. Light Lock ramp
2. Right Ramp
3. Left Ramp
4. Ball Lock
5. Right Orbit (shot 2 of 3, so not completing it).

Is there a setting that allows non-completed orbit shots to continue the combo streak? On my pin, orbit shots BREAK combo streaks unless the orbits are completed (thus allowing the ball to circle around the orbit). If the ball is not allowed to circle around the orbit (i.e., gets directed to Pops instead), it breaks your streak.

Which is why my strategy for my pin is to complete the orbits first, THEN work on doing a 5 way combo. It adds a level of complexity because you need to do a 5 way combo before total annihilation, so completing orbits before completing ramps.

It would be much easier to get a 5 way combo if it allowed noncompleted orbit shots....

EDIT: I realized it re-watching the video. His 5th orbit shot DOES break the combo so he can't continue for a 6-way combo, but still counts as a 5th shot for the 5-way combo requirement. The 5th shot immediately lights the 5-way combo achievement, but the flashing combo lights stop so the 6-way combo is not possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/176?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.