IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 211.
#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Some were mistakes and some were out of necessity, but everyone one of them a , shit why did I do that moment.

I looked at your sold list and feel your pain; thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to not have to make that hard decision on which machine I have to let go.

#8702 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I looked at your sold list and feel your pain; thankfully, I've been fortunate enough to not have to make that hard decision on which machine I have to let go.

Ironically, my sold collection would be a pretty damn good lineup.
Life throws cuve balls more than ya think .
Live & learn .

#8703 3 years ago

Pic of my Addams

20180826_180501 (resized).jpg20180826_180501 (resized).jpg

#8704 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd...

#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone own an AFM and Rick & Morty? I’m trying to track down a R&M but would need to sell my AFMLE to cover the cost. Any thoughts?
My collection:
AFMLE
JPLE
Whirlwind
Funhouse
World Cup Soccer
Quicksilver

Any owners of both?

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Pic of my Addams

gorgeous pin ... I know that had to be hard to let go.

#8707 3 years ago

New Topper Day! Local guy had an LE he never opened the topper for and didn’t want to use it so I snagged it for my SE. New in box!

E43BEA73-8FA3-4C37-B8B0-758B5C6959AC (resized).jpegE43BEA73-8FA3-4C37-B8B0-758B5C6959AC (resized).jpeg010BD028-4D65-4F9D-9BF2-6E956B4270D9 (resized).jpeg010BD028-4D65-4F9D-9BF2-6E956B4270D9 (resized).jpeg
#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

New Topper Day! Local guy had an LE he never opened the topper for and didn’t want to use it so I snagged it for my SE. New in box!

Hope you got the small topper board for it too.

LTG : )

#8709 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hope you got the small topper board for it too.

Ruh roh, no topper board was included. I assumed it was part of the SE game. Is this a major problem or can I order it?

I’ve messaged the seller to see if he will let me have the one out of his game.

#8710 3 years ago

I assumed it was part of the SE game.

No.

Is this a major problem

Yes.

I doubt it.

I’ve messaged the seller to see if he will let me have the one out of his game.

His game won't need it.

#8711 3 years ago

Small board above driver board is what you need.

AFMRinsideBB (resized).jpgAFMRinsideBB (resized).jpg
#8712 3 years ago

Got it, messaged the seller and am going to pick it up tomorrow evening. Crisis averted, thanks!

It looks like I might have to put in some blind nuts to mount the topper? I don’t feel any holes on the top of my backbox.

#8713 3 years ago

It looks like I might have to put in some blind nuts to mount the topper? I don’t feel any holes on the top of my backbox.

You don't have holes for screws or big one for cables.

Wood screws top down works. Or drill holes and T Nuts inside and then machine screws from top down.

#8714 3 years ago

Good snag I'll bet he loses some dollars if he sells his LE

#8715 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Good snag I'll bet he loses some dollars if he sells his LE

Definitely won't get what it would have been worth with the topper.

#8716 3 years ago

Got the board and got it all done. Works great!

Thanks for the heads up on the board LTG!

61BB6648-F46E-4E4A-9C88-0A905227A342 (resized).jpeg61BB6648-F46E-4E4A-9C88-0A905227A342 (resized).jpeg
#8717 3 years ago

Got the board and got it all done. Works great!
Thanks for the heads up on the board LTG!
[quoted image]

You are one lucky dude is all I can say... looks great... congrats.

#8718 3 years ago

Congrats! Your game just increased in value. Your seller, not so much... One of the best features of the LE is also probably the best topper ever for a pin. Enjoy!

#8719 3 years ago

Just wondering where can you buy spare topper boards for the LE just in case mine fails ?

#8720 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any owners of both?

Previously owned AFMr and waiting on my R&M. R&M is still pretty fresh - might be a while until the owner of both pops up.

#8721 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Just wondering where can you buy spare topper boards for the LE just in case mine fails ?

I don't know if they'll be available.

The only place would be Planetary Pinball Supply.

#8722 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if they'll be available.

The only place would be Planetary Pinball Supply.

I looked up all the parts supply's for Planetary Pinball and they have everything available except the the topper board I wonder why it isn't available.

#8723 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

I looked up all the parts supply's for Planetary Pinball and they have everything available except the the topper board I wonder why it isn't available.

Perhaps they feel its a part that will never fail

#8724 3 years ago

Is there any chance that someone on here has a failed mini saucer board laying around that they dont need, perhaps replaced under warranty and you still have the old one? I would love to buy it from you, please PM me.

#8725 3 years ago

Does anyone sell the LED lights to light up the mini-saucers like on the LE? Is it even possible to upgrade this?

#8726 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Perhaps they feel its a part that will never fail

Well the boards should be available to LE owners because who wants an LE without a working topper. That's almost the best thing about the game. I'm sure if you sold an LE without a working topper you are going to take a hit. Without a working topper I would just buy an SE

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Well the boards should be available to LE owners because who wants an LE without a working topper. That's almost the best thing about the game. I'm sure if you sold an LE without a working topper you are going to take a hit. Without a working topper I would just buy an SE

Well it’s still got the mini saucer led’s so I’d still rather have it, but agree it’d really hurt the value.

#8728 3 years ago

Just experienced my first cows falling from the sky video mode. It was definitely entertaining.

#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just experienced my first cows falling from the sky video mode. It was definitely entertaining.

My game is never leaving!

#8730 3 years ago

Do you recommend target decals for this game? If yes, what are the best ones to get?

Also, does the scoop come with a cliffy installed from the factory? I know MBr does.

#8731 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you recommend target decals for this game? If yes, what are the best ones to get?
Also, does the scoop come with a cliffy installed from the factory? I know MBr does.

I only use decals for the 3 force field targets, the top of the bank, and the drop target in back (I didn't want to cover the translucent green targets, and you really can't see the 4 behind the forcefield that well). I offer the set for $20 or you can purchase individually.

Please see these posts for more details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292850
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292857
decals.jpgdecals.jpg

#8732 3 years ago

^ thanks I’ll check those out

Can anyone let me know what protectors come installed from factory and what I should get before my game arrives? Thanks again

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

^ thanks I’ll check those out
Can anyone let me know what protectors come installed from factory and what I should get before my game arrives? Thanks again

Outside of clear mylar in key areas, the SOL hole has a mantis protector in it. Many of us have opted for the full Cliffy's set of protectors and have replaced the mantis protector (I think a couple may have been able to do both, but it didn't work for me). It takes some work installing them all, so set aside an afternoon to get the job done. Also, be sure to test them with a ball before you put everything back together. I initially had ball hangs on a few of them, and still have an occasional hang on the backside of the SOL where the ball falls in from the pop bumper area.

Full playfield set is $110: http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm

#8734 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can anyone let me know what protectors come installed from factory and what I should get before my game arrives?

There is a Mantis style protector for the Sol hole that is factory installed. IMO no other protectors are needed in a home environment; others may disagree.

#8735 3 years ago

Thanks Good to know I’ll just add a cliffy to the shooter lane

One more question, what is the idea pitch for this game?

#8736 3 years ago

Another question... is there a way to add the mini saucer light show to the CE?

#8737 3 years ago

Rule the Universe in 20 minutes on a AFMr LE by Robert Gagno, 2016 PAPA World Pinball Champion (even with what appears to be a really weak flipper setting). Ended up with a cool 38.8B, but high score on his machine is 100.2B. Also, glad I watched because I didn't understand the Super Jackpot (don't think I've ever gotten it), but he does it 4 or 5 times.

#8738 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Rule the Universe in 20 minutes on a AFMr LE by Robert Gagno, 2016 PAPA World Pinball Champion (even with what appears to be a really weak flipper setting). Ended up with a cool 38.8B, but high score on his machine is 100.2B. Also, glad I watched because I didn't understand the Super Jackpot (don't think I've ever gotten it), but he does it 4 or 5 times.

Yeah.. I've watched that video multiple times and I still stink at video mode. He makes it look so easy it is ridiculous. My best score ever was 8.787 billion which I did 8 days into owning my AFMr SE and after 35 years of not playing any pinball which I thought wasn't too shabby. I think I could play for a hundred years and not match some of these guys scores.

#8739 3 years ago

Right at the beginning he hit the force field and drained sdtm, while ball saver was still active. Just like me! I stopped watching immediately so now I can feel good about myself.

#8740 3 years ago

When I watch videos like this I think even more than making all the shots most of the time they try, I'm most impressed with their flipper control (something I need to work on). Also, he barely nudges, and I think he only stood up once for a few seconds.

#8741 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, he barely nudges, and I think he only stood up once for a few seconds

That is also what impressed me... The last INDISC tournament I had the chance to talk and watch Robert Gagno play for a while...
top PAPA players have awesome flipper control and this video shows it. It never gets old watching.

#8742 3 years ago

Any thoughts on why my mini saucer won't light? If I touch the back it lights up a couple led squares...

IMG_9938 (resized).jpgIMG_9938 (resized).jpg
#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Any thoughts on why my mini saucer won't light? If I touch the back it lights up a couple led squares...
[quoted image]

Pull the bulb out and spread the wire connectors on the bulb out a bit (bend the "free" ends to the right). Not always the right answer, but it often works when I have a nonfunctioning LED.

#8744 3 years ago

Finally ruled the universe today after 18 months of torture. It was my second time there and first time finishing it. Total score of 30.3 bil, with 4 extra balls. One EB was a lucky last shot before death on the video mode.

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Finally ruled the universe today after 18 months of torture. It was my second time there and first time finishing it. Total score of 30.3 bil, with 4 extra balls. One EB was a lucky last shot before death on the video mode.

Congrats man... I don't know if I will ever get there. I hate that darn video mode... I can't get past 30 hits.

#8746 3 years ago

In my best game I lost a ball off the return (down the right side of playfield) from the ball lock (left of saucer, no lock so it made its way around). The ball came flying off the wires into the right out lane. Drain. New machine so flippers are pretty powerful, assuming I just live with this.

Also on my CGC games (MM and AFM), seem to get a lot of spin on the bulls, creating some weird behavior (ball running up and off a cradled flipper, etc) Usually after a lot of fast action. Don’t see this as much on Sterns or JJP. Maybe just the flipper rubber they come with?

#8747 3 years ago

If the ball is flying off the wireform, the first thing I'd try is reducing the flipper strength.

Edit: You can do this in the CGC menu. Open the coin door and hold down the enter button until it enters this menu.

#8748 3 years ago

Hi everyone, was playing my machine yesterday and noticed that i keep getting random balls auto launched into play. This is happening not during multiballs just in the middle of what should be one ball. Any suggestions on what to check?

#8749 3 years ago

Chicago Gaming has is doing a very small re-run of AFMR so you can again get one NIB !

PinballSTAR is an authorized CG distributor and taking orders on the few we have to sell... Some are in stock today ready to ship !
AFMR CE Classic $ 6,000
AFMR SE Special $ 7,300

Email Joe at [email protected] for info ! TY

afm-ce-machine (resized).jpgafm-ce-machine (resized).jpgafm-se-machine (resized).jpgafm-se-machine (resized).jpg
#8750 3 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Hi everyone, was playing my machine yesterday and noticed that i keep getting random balls auto launched into play. This is happening not during multiballs just in the middle of what should be one ball. Any suggestions on what to check?

Maybe check or adjust the shooter lane switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/175?hl=davedigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.