pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 212.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

can you explain "washes" technique to me?

Thinned paint brushed ( washed ) over an area to help high light things.

LTG : )

#8602 3 years ago

Hmmm, I wonder if YouTube could explain what a wash is.

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thinned paint brushed ( washed ) over an area to help high light things.

Of course it can! I'll need to practice before I risk it on my Big-O-Jiggly Martians.

#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where are you located?

Dallas/Fort Worth area.

#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Of course it can! I'll need to practice before I risk it on my Big-O-Jiggly Martians.

Yeah, you can make a wash out of several things, on soft plastic stuff I wouldn't recommend anything oil based because I'd be afraid it would react with the plastic. I've had the best luck with pre-made water based washes. I like the stuff from Army Painter and Citadel makes good stuff too. I've painted miniatures and done plastic model kits for quite a while so I use them for that stuff mainly.

Washes settle down into the recess of a sculpt and darken those areas. They will also tint the overall model a little bit but you then go back over certain areas you want highlighted (on the Martians I did the waist area and any areas that would be hit a little more by the light) with the original color or a slightly lighter color to put the highlight back. For really detailed stuff like miniatures people will do 4 or 5 layers of progressively lighter highlights to really make things look realistic. I didn't do that here, too lazy!

#8606 3 years ago

My 10 yr old just crushed it.

416A0C9D-35E3-42B0-9BB4-893FA00BED12 (resized).jpeg416A0C9D-35E3-42B0-9BB4-893FA00BED12 (resized).jpeg9520384B-A39A-4084-9905-ABB5FAF965B3 (resized).jpeg9520384B-A39A-4084-9905-ABB5FAF965B3 (resized).jpeg
#8607 3 years ago

My 10 yr old just crushed it.

0D589E4B-3A3C-4B04-BA86-7BCB0D83BB5C (resized).jpeg0D589E4B-3A3C-4B04-BA86-7BCB0D83BB5C (resized).jpeg4C14B123-BD4E-410E-85EB-710AA5256360 (resized).jpeg4C14B123-BD4E-410E-85EB-710AA5256360 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8608 3 years ago

I accidentally posted in the technical thread first, but I just joined the Dirty Pool club today. I was kind of surprised when I realized I had a ball trapped for the first time since I’ve owned this pin. Panicked a little, but was able to quickly hit the target bank and sink it. Looked up for a brief second just in time to see “Dirty Pool” on the DMD.

Now, let’s see if I can do it a second time (intentionally instead of dumb luck).

#8609 3 years ago

Replaced the Rings with this mirror Acryl

017E387D-669B-4C07-800B-A74B669A77E9 (resized).jpeg017E387D-669B-4C07-800B-A74B669A77E9 (resized).jpeg7CC91B9A-4DBD-424B-B5FA-1C1D9CDD76E2 (resized).jpeg7CC91B9A-4DBD-424B-B5FA-1C1D9CDD76E2 (resized).jpegA324DF8A-043B-4CCE-8073-0C3A2E5170BB (resized).jpegA324DF8A-043B-4CCE-8073-0C3A2E5170BB (resized).jpeg20443EED-3A7E-415E-8F4A-A6FF6988985C (resized).jpeg20443EED-3A7E-415E-8F4A-A6FF6988985C (resized).jpegD7F8B6A8-D0BA-4D36-A291-82C367D36FE6 (resized).jpegD7F8B6A8-D0BA-4D36-A291-82C367D36FE6 (resized).jpeg
#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Replaced the Rings with this mirror Acryl

I like it how much ?

#8611 3 years ago

35,- euro incl. packaging on wood to prevent it

+ shipping at the moment not all mail services are available

#8612 3 years ago

I've had my AFMR for about a month now, and I've noticed something interesting. When I light the ball lock, sometimes only the first single green lock triangle light will be faintly flashing, and the next 2 remain dark. As I lock balls, the next ones will then light up like I think they should. Other times, when I light the ball lock, all 3 will light up. The first one seems to faintly blink and numbers 2 and 3 seem to be steady. As I lock balls, the flashing moves to number 2 and then to number 3. Has anyone else noticed that the lights sometimes act differently?

#8613 3 years ago

Looking to trade my Theatre of Magic for a Attack from Mars if anyone is interested I just posted it in the market. PM for details.

#8614 3 years ago

Just ordered my AFM SE (which will be my first pin) and I am trying to gather up some parts for when it arrives. Already ordered my cliffy protectors... who is the go to vendor for the plastic protector kit... preferably the colored versions?

#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtyharriet:

Just ordered my AFM SE (which will be my first pin) and I am trying to gather up some parts for when it arrives. Already ordered my cliffy protectors... who is the go to vendor for the plastic protector kit... preferably the colored versions?

Pinbits makes a great set!

IMG_2607 (resized).JPGIMG_2607 (resized).JPG
IMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPG

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Pinbits makes a great set!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up... but it looks like their site is down. Any back up to pinbits?
btw... your AFM looks amazing.

#8617 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up... but it looks like their site is down. Any back up to pinbits?
btw... your AFM looks amazing.

I've used Mezel mods for various mods including having plastic protectors. For my AFMR, you get 4 protectors, so not every plastic protector that may be provided by other sources. Options are clear or fluorescent (yellow-green mix color).

#8618 3 years ago

Hi all, loving this game! I think I may have gotten the last NIB example last week (SE version).

Was going through my tests and found one that doesn't work, Saucer Dome Flasher. My Saucer Dome Flasher is stuck on, pretty much from when time I turn the power on until I turn it off (no flashing). Everything else works great. This of course doesn't effect gameplay, and I did put in a service ticket with Chicago Gaming. Thought I'd throw it out to see if anybody has seen this problem. Don't think it used to do this, as I have pictures (from recording high scores) with the light off.

Thank you

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

My Saucer Dome Flasher is stuck on,

Most likely an issue on the board inside the saucer.

I kicked your ticket up to CGC to look into it.

#8620 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Most likely an issue on the board inside the saucer.
I kicked your ticket up to CGC to look into it.

Thank you!

#8621 3 years ago

Here’s my trade bait for an AFM.

Machine - For Sale
Theatre of Magic Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Reduced to sell!!!! Time to change up my collection and I am selling my very nice Theatre of Magic. Game was recently shopped with new rubbers and cleaned. All ramps were removed...”
2020-08-15
Richfield, MI
6,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 110 days
Viewed: 1000 times

#8622 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Here’s my trade bait for an AFM.

Machine - For Sale

Theatre of Magic

Featured!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Time to change up my collection and I am selling my very nice Theatre of Magic. Game was recently shopped with new rubbers and cleaned. All ramps were removed and cleaned. Playfiel...”

13 days ago

Richfield , MI

pacman11

Won't work on me.

My LE is concreted into the floor and will never leave.

GLWTS

#8623 3 years ago

2 more sleeps till I get my afmle

#8624 3 years ago

Cliffys, the glow green plastic protectors, and glow green rubber replacements. Eat at Eddies mod is too cool not to consider. Then depending on the lighting where you play, maybe some lighting.

#8625 3 years ago

Also, don't forget, my Big O Jiggly Martians are a nice add on too.....

https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on

ebaynoleds1 (resized).jpgebaynoleds1 (resized).jpg
#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Also, don't forget, my Big O Jiggly Martians are a nice add on too.....
https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on[quoted image]

I'd never seen those... too funny

#8628 3 years ago

I’ve officially joined the club! Anybody recommend a decent headphone out set up? Preferably with outside volume control.
Mine came with several MODS....mirrors, eat at joes, flipper toppers, graphic pingulp, etc. I like those jumbo jiggly Martians. So far it’s a keeper!!

#8629 3 years ago

Remember! I have first dibs!

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’ve officially joined the club! Anybody recommend a decent headphone out set up? Preferably with outside volume control.
Mine came with several MODS....mirrors, eat at joes, flipper toppers, graphic pingulp, etc. I like those jumbo jiggly Martians. So far it’s a keeper!!

#8630 3 years ago

I already know the answer from the group I’m posting in but here goes. I’m considering getting a MB LE or a AFM SE NIB. What should I get and why? I already own a MM SE mind you. I need some insight.

Thanks

#8631 3 years ago

AFM is just a better game. MB is great pinball, but it doesn’t have the same perfection that AFM does.

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from PinLoAf:

I already know the answer from the group I’m posting in but here goes. I’m considering getting a MB LE or a AFM SE NIB. What should I get and why? I already own a MM SE mind you. I need some insight.
Thanks

Well, since your asking in the AFM group, I'm betting 95% will say AFM, and I am one of those (my #1 game all time). For me, it's the overall theme. Cheesy sci-fi, bright colors, playful and funny callouts, bouncing Martians, cows being beamed up, giant lobsters, other funny animations, and overall excellent ball flow. The game is easy to play, but at the same time quite difficult to beat. A pin newbie can walk up to it and immediately figure out the basics and be rewarded with downing a saucer in no time, while the experienced player can be challenged time after time.

For the first couple of years when I was just getting into pinball, I knew this was the game I just had to have. I would go to TPF and local arcades, and when looking back I'd realized I would spend the vast majority of my time playing AFM with literally hundreds of other games at my fingertips. I've played MM several times, and I like it okay - the castle toy stands alone in the pinball universe. However, my biggest overall challenge is that I love sci-fi but am completely apathetic to the fantasy/medieval genre.

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from PinLoAf:

Thanks

I have both in SE model, I give the edge to AFM, but I never tire of either of them.

#8634 3 years ago

I bought an MBr CE and sold it after about 6 months. I have an AFMr SE and have no plans to let it go. My pick is AFMr over MBr.

#8635 3 years ago

I went for a Dialed in. You can’t conquer it. Really deep code. It will keep you interested and learning for years. The old games are great. Love my AFM but old games are made for routing by the $. Owning a game is a deeper connection for me.
Just my thoughts.

#8636 3 years ago

I joined a pinball league a couple years back and MB was the first game I played. I’d never played it before. The first ball of the first game went straight down the middle, without a chance of using my flippers. And auto save was turned off.

So I’ve been sour to MB ever since

#8637 3 years ago

TOLLS just out of curiosity ... how many times have you achieved Ruler of the Universe on AFM?

#8638 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Tolls just out of curiosity ... how many times have you achieved Ruler of the Universe on AFM?

About 5 times I think. I watched Bowen’s how too on AFM and that kinda ruined it for me.

#8639 3 years ago

The reason I am not sure is I find ways to make it harder and reset the scores when I reach it.

#8640 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys.

#8641 3 years ago

I also have both se’s and my wife and kids are all about mb, but I’m all about afm. Dialed in was cool till I realized how important the SIM card was.

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I also have both se’s and my wife and kids are all about mb, but I’m all about afm. Dialed in was cool till I realized how important the SIM card was.

I have both AFMr and DI....why does the SIM card value deter you from DI? That is the goal of the pin....to beat modes to collect sim cards. I have SIM card carry over ON (default is off....where you lose uncollected sim cards on ball drain), which ON is what I believe is fair since there are SIM card hold rejects too often. Great pin.

#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I have both AFMr and DI....why does the SIM card value deter you from DI? That is the goal of the pin....to beat modes to collect sim cards. I have SIM card carry over ON (default is off....where you lose uncollected sim cards on ball drain), which ON is what I believe is fair since there are SIM card hold rejects too often. Great pin.

On my game, making the SIM card shot was nearly impossible, seemed to go in only on deflections, not good since it’s the most important shot. It’s the same shot as hitting the camera in TZ, but they messed up the geometry on it.

#8644 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

On my game, making the SIM card shot was nearly impossible, seemed to go in only on deflections, not good since it’s the most important shot. It’s the same shot as hitting the camera in TZ, but they messed up the geometry on it.

Yep. The ones I’ve played l, it’s luck it bounces in there. Being as the shot is so important... it’s a broken table imo.

#8645 3 years ago

joining the club tomorrow. Sold my jp pre to buy this. Love afm!

#8646 3 years ago

I'm in the club!!

What a difference vs a mmrLE

20200719_204358_resized_1 (resized).jpg20200719_204358_resized_1 (resized).jpg20200719_212722_resized_1 (resized).jpg20200719_212722_resized_1 (resized).jpg
#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

What a difference vs a mmrLE

No kidding...as an MMrLE owner I wasnt going to make the same mistake twice ... and I did by not buying one

#8648 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

it’s a broken table imo.

Thats EXACTLY what Pinballgoddess said about Dialed-In when we played it at TPF lol.

Needless to say she was unimpressed with it.

That said however, after playing the Doctor Who at the pinsound booth, she mentioned that it might be a nice one to have...

So, the search and then resto began lol. We now have a "HEP" style, over-the-top restored DW. It plays like a dream, Pinballgoddess is very happy.

#8649 3 years ago

In the club!

20200721_203913 (resized).jpg20200721_203913 (resized).jpg
#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

In the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats man... mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 210.00
$ 79.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/173?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.