pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 212.
#8552 3 years ago

That’s the same as taking the rubber off and aligning the bottom of the flipper to the toothpick. I guess it’s preference but what is the correct factory alignment. I got 2 different opinions. LTG, care to set the record straight please.

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

LTG, care to set the record straight please.

If you stick a tooth pick between the rubber ring and bottom of the flipper, and poke the tooth pick into the roll pin pounded into the playfield. It's easier to tighten the pawl nut and have the flipper aligned right. ( you still need to be mindful of a tiny bit of up and down play )

If you take the rubber ring off. And stick a tooth pick into the roll pin at the bottom of the playfield. Then lift the playfield up to tighten the pawl nut, the flipper could slip back the other direction and not be lined up at all.

Me. I just eye ball it. I tighten the pawl nut so the flipper bat can be turned with a little force and stays put so when I lower the playfield I can set it where I want it. I use the roll pin as a guide, no tooth pick, yet try to line the flipper bat so it lines up with the lane guide. And then crank the pawl nut tight.

It's your game, set it up so it plays the way you like. Some games like the flipper bat a little higher, some a little lower. So you can shoot shots better.

LTG : )

#8554 3 years ago

Finally read through all the posts... looking forward to joining the club with my first pinball ever. Anyone know of any distros with CE at retail price still, or a used one in northern california? Will they be manufacturing anymore once this pandemic blows over?

#8555 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Flipper alignment question. I stuck a toothpick in the holes and aligned the flippers so the bottom of the rubber is just touching the toothpick when straight up. Is this correct or is it done without the rubber on the flipper?

I prefer this alignment as the entire edge of the flipper will be in direct alignment with the inlane ball guide and my game seems to shoot better with this flipper alignment.

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you stick a tooth pick between the rubber ring and bottom of the flipper, and poke the tooth pick into the roll pin pounded into the playfield. It's easier to tighten the pawl nut and have the flipper aligned right. ( you still need to be mindful of a tiny bit of up and down play )
If you take the rubber ring off. And stick a tooth pick into the roll pin at the bottom of the playfield. Then lift the playfield up to tighten the pawl nut, the flipper could slip back the other direction and not be lined up at all.
Me. I just eye ball it. I tighten the pawl nut so the flipper bat can be turned with a little force and stays put so when I lower the playfield I can set it where I want it. I use the roll pin as a guide, no tooth pick, yet try to line the flipper bat so it lines up with the lane guide. And then crank the pawl nut tight.
It's your game, set it up so it plays the way you like. Some games like the flipper bat a little higher, some a little lower. So you can shoot shots better.

I did this with my Houdini.

I lowered the flipper angle just slightly kinda like AFM and it now shoots wonderfully.

#8557 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I prefer this alignment as the entire edge of the flipper will be in direct alignment with the inlane ball guide and my game seems to shoot better with this flipper alignment.

I’ll have to agree, I think I found my sweet spots. 1 shot away from ruling the universe since I aligned them this way, Damn! Tweaked the SOL eject just right and the game plays sweet right now.

218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8558 3 years ago

I know this has been addressed before so if anyone can point me to the number reference I will appreciate. I have a problem with the VUK on the left ramp, as well as the auto ball loader. They both are not loading the ball always on the first try and sometimes it takes 3 to 4 tries to load the ball. I already checked the computer adjustments and they are fine. Is there any other mechanical adjustment that could be made?

#8559 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I know this has been addressed before so if anyone can point me to the number reference I will appreciate. I have a problem with the VUK on the left ramp, as well as the auto ball loader. They both are not loading the ball always on the first try and sometimes it takes 3 to 4 tries to load the ball. I already checked the computer adjustments and they are fine. Is there any other mechanical adjustment that could be made?

Bend the VUK a little. As for the shooter, contact CGC with your serial number, you may need a new ball guide.

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Finally read through all the posts... looking forward to joining the club with my first pinball ever. Anyone know of any distros with CE at retail price still, or a used one in northern california? Will they be manufacturing anymore once this pandemic blows over?

This game is done being made...

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Bend the VUK a little. As for the shooter, contact CGC with your serial number, you may need a new ball guide.

Bend the VUK is kind of generic, bend black upright part what way?

AF4B9170-AEDD-4C72-B354-92AC59CEA29F (resized).jpegAF4B9170-AEDD-4C72-B354-92AC59CEA29F (resized).jpeg

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

This game is done being made...

Thanks. I asked one distributor who said CGC might be doing another run next year. That may be pure speculation, who knows?

#8563 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Thanks. I asked one distributor who said CGC might be doing another run next year. That may be pure speculation, who knows?

If there is a demand they will make some.

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Bend the VUK is kind of generic, bend black upright part what way?
[quoted image]

The mechanism under the playfield. You can bend it it so that the ball hits the black chute at a different angle.

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The mechanism under the playfield. You can bend it it so that the ball hits the black chute at a different angle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjnidctcncvd7zw/Popper%20Alignment.mov?dl=0

#8566 3 years ago

I just received the custom backglass (real printed glass, not a translite) I had made, so thought I would share with the group. I kept with the original theme, with just a couple of changes. First, I got rid of the credits at lower left, second, I lowered the street lamp so as to not interfere with the sign, and third I integrated my son's name into the game. Instead of "Eat at Eddy's" the sign now says "Zane's Arcade". I then customized the sign on my building to say "Play at Zane's". Something fun to do, and he got a real kick out of it.

IMG_4067.JPGIMG_4067.JPGIMG_4068.JPGIMG_4068.JPGIMG_4069.JPGIMG_4069.JPG

#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just received the custom backglass (real printed glass, not a translite) I had made, so thought I would share with the group. I kept with the original theme, with just a couple of changes. First, I got rid of the credits at lower left, and second I integrated my son's name into the game. Instead of "Eat at Eddy's" the sign now says "Zane's Arcade". I then customized the sign on my building to say "Play at Zane's". Something fun to do, and he got a real kick out of it.

Loving it!

#8568 3 years ago

What, no Comic Sans? Heresy!

#8569 3 years ago

Joined the club today after a long time waiting and searching! I now have a mint AFMR SE with Eat at Eddy’s mod, pinblades, alternate art backglass, lit trough and shooter lane and alternate apron art. Super happy with it so far!

My only issue is that the original owner did not install the head bolts and when I try to install them they get very hard to turn after about the first 1/4 inch, almost like they are slightly larger than they should be? Anyone else have this issue? I hate to try and force them to turn for fear of stripping the threads.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I hate to try and force them to turn for fear of stripping the threads.

Get a tap and rethread them.

#8571 3 years ago

Joined the club today after a long time waiting and searching! I now have a mint AFMR SE with Eat at Eddy’s mod, pinblades, alternate art backglass, lit trough and shooter lane and alternate apron art. Super happy with it so far!

Where are the pics?

#8573 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where are the pics?

My sincere apologies!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8574 3 years ago

Looks good. Nice pick up.

#8575 3 years ago

My sincere apologies![quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing to apologize about, but when you get people all excited about your new pin acquisition we want to see it. Nice looking pin, and congrats!

#8576 3 years ago

Anybody know where to get the translucent green stand up targets? I ordered from Pinballlife, but they're the opaque green for the original AFM. Thanks.

#8577 3 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Anybody know where to get the translucent green stand up targets? I ordered from Pinballlife, but they're the opaque green for the original AFM. Thanks.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/ If not on the website. Email Sara and see if they can get them from CGC.

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/ If not on the website. Email Sara and see if they can get them from CGC.

You have to tell PP that their online catalog system truly sucks. It is by far the absolute worst of all pinball suppliers. It is non-intuitive, difficult to browse through, and you have to go through a maze to find parts you are looking for. When I have had to buy parts there, sometimes I search for something and it doesn't show up, but when I somehow browse through things the part/item is there.

I think a more user friendly interface would immediately increase their sales just because people will want to come to the site and actually be able to find what they are looking for.

For some examples that are 100x better see pinballlife.com, marcospecialties.com, cometpinball.com, etc.

#8579 3 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Your probably ordered these: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=a-18018-21

When you should have ordered these: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-3-ddeep-transparent-green-square-target.html

#8580 3 years ago

I was finally able to play cow mania in video mode where your shooting cows instead of saucers. I have read about this in the Easter eggs for this game and your suppose to hit the right launch button repeatedly when you shoot either the left or the right ramps and you see the cow being beamed up. Funny thing is I have yet to get it this way and the other day when I was playing I guess I got it randomly because i was not hitting the launch button on ramp shots. Is it truly a random event and if so can you increase the odds in the settings somewhere?

#8581 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was finally able to play cow mania in video mode where your shooting cows instead of saucers. I have read about this in the Easter eggs for this game and your suppose to hit the right launch button repeatedly when you shoot either the left or the right ramps and you see the cow being beamed up. Funny thing is I have yet to get it this way and the other day when I was playing I guess I got it randomly because i was not hitting the launch button on ramp shots. Is it truly a random event and if so can you increase the odds in the settings somewhere?

Good for you, hope it gave you a good laugh. I’ve still not been able to do it, as I guess I’m not doing something right.

#8582 3 years ago

I got the cow video mode once as the 2nd video mode in the same game after shooting down the mother ship in the 1st one.

#8583 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You only have to push the launch button when you shoot the ramp and get the cow video, you will get a "mooo" sound everytime you hit the button while the cow is active. You need BOTH left and right ramps to register the cows so if you shoot either of these ramps during skill shot to complete the ramp, you cannot qualify the cow video mode.

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You only have to push the launch button when you shoot the ramp and get the cow video, you will get a "mooo" sound everytime you hit the button while the cow is active. You need BOTH left and right ramps to register the cows so if you shoot either of these ramps during skill shot to complete the ramp, you cannot qualify the cow video mode.

Yep, makes sense, but the other day I didn’t do any of that and I still played the cow video mode as if it were random. Explain that. Lol.

#8585 3 years ago

Drunk, high.

#8586 3 years ago

Just finished a decent game, couldnt get cow video mode, but got Dirty Pool for the first time ever.

#8587 3 years ago

Check out the custom mod my daughter made me for father's day. It's named after our local coffee shop / pinball parlor.

20200621_092004 (resized).jpg20200621_092004 (resized).jpg
#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from Glangas:

Check out the custom mod my daughter made me for father's day. It's named after our local coffee shop / pinball parlor.
[quoted image]

Nice...much better than my Father's day gift of a card!

#8589 3 years ago

My project last night, custom painted Martians!

Before: boring green Martians. They look sad.
129D0442-122D-4C59-8011-18C5EC200440 (resized).jpeg129D0442-122D-4C59-8011-18C5EC200440 (resized).jpeg
After: Exciting, much happier Martians!
3C464B5C-91FF-4470-A05F-A6B8A7C325AD (resized).jpeg3C464B5C-91FF-4470-A05F-A6B8A7C325AD (resized).jpeg578FE912-0160-4C56-ADD0-75CAEFFF21D6 (resized).jpeg578FE912-0160-4C56-ADD0-75CAEFFF21D6 (resized).jpeg2474D635-3BCC-400D-9E76-B69D7ECF6271 (resized).jpeg2474D635-3BCC-400D-9E76-B69D7ECF6271 (resized).jpeg403A5B0B-36F1-42B6-B770-D108ED5FB626 (resized).jpeg403A5B0B-36F1-42B6-B770-D108ED5FB626 (resized).jpeg

#8590 3 years ago

Those came out AWESOME! Nice work.

#8591 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool work, they rock!

CGC should have done something like that with the AFM remake, at least in the LE's

Ps: would you paint my aliens if i send you?

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Cool work, they rock!
CGC should have done something like that with the AFM remake, at least in the LE's

I’d be open to painting some aliens if you want. The shipping would be expensive though.

#8593 3 years ago

I’d be open to painting some aliens if you want. The shipping would be expensive though.

How much to paint a set of 4? I'd love to have mine done.

#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have no idea. How about $50? You ship to me and I'll paint them and send them back?

#8595 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Those came out AWESOME! Nice work.

Quoted from sonambulo:

Cool work, they rock!

I have no idea. How about $50? You ship to me and I'll paint them and send them back?

I will 100% vouch for PantherCityPins

Rick is a personal friend of mine and an all around great guy. He has painted some Jurassic park dinosaurs for me before, and they came out incredible!

The paint job on the aliens looks 1000x better than the originals.

#8596 3 years ago
Quoted from Glangas:

[quoted image]

Ahh, that's awesome. Congrats, Dad!

#8597 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Those look great. I already have the Createx paints, so I'm more interested in your technique. Any pointers?

#8598 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those look great. I already have the Createx paints, so I'm more interested in your technique. Any pointers?

Sure, first I blocked in the main colors. I mixed a more yellow/green color for the highlights. I then used washes to bring out the details in the sculpts. After that was dry I went back over some areas with highlights to bring them back out a little. Last touches was just some detail work on the mouth, eyes, brains, etc.

#8599 3 years ago

Sure, first I blocked in the main colors. I mixed a more yellow/green color for the highlights. I then used washes to bring out the details in the sculpts. After that was dry I went back over some areas with highlights to bring them back out a little. Last touches was just some detail work on the mouth, eyes, brains, etc.

Thanks. However, I'm a model painting newb, can you explain "washes" technique to me? I assume this is what created the darker parts that give definition.

#8600 3 years ago

Where are you located?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/172?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.