pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 212.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

That makes perfect sense.
So, black it stays!

I takes about 30 mins to swap out siderails.

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from tgomer:

I have a MB SE and an AFM CE. The sound on the MB is superior to the AFM. I looked at the schematics for both games and do not see a difference in the audio section. What can I do to improve the sound quality of my AFM?

Rerecord the music would be my guess.

#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from tgomer:

I have a MB SE and an AFM CE. The sound on the MB is superior to the AFM. I looked at the schematics for both games and do not see a difference in the audio section. What can I do to improve the sound quality of my AFM?

I have an AFMr CE, and personally I think it sounds pretty damn good.

The SE and LE do have an upgraded sound package/ speakers as I recall.

Are you saying that your AFMr CE sounds bad? Or, just that you can notice the upgraded sound package on your SE?

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

That makes perfect sense.
So, black it stays!

Good call, though I am a fan of the AFMr black trim.

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from tgomer:

The CE only has a "standard" sound system. See attached images for more details.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.png
#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The CE only has a "standard" sound system. See attached images for more details.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just Love my LE in black trim!

#8457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

And I love mine in green!

Beautiful looking pin either way.

#8458 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Beautiful looking pin either way.

Agreed. A personal preference. I originally ordered in black with green separate. Unit was destroyed in shipping. Factory rebuild new machine for me and had green trim installed. I have an extra set of green trim. I was going to use black for a different game I was restoring.

#8459 4 years ago

a note on the sound. i have an afm ce, you can control the bass. its the same controls as monster bash se and le. it's in the chicago gaming menu, not the regular menu. to be honest, while the speakers don't light up the se or le, i don't hear much of a difference. they are LOUD on the ce. i think on the se and le's the brand is pyle for the speakers.

its hard to compare with another atf se or le next to the classic. but i was surprised at just how much i had to lower the volume on this when setting up the game.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

but i was surprised at just how much i had to lower the volume on this when setting up the game.

This! I have a CE as well and the game is really loud.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

This! I have a CE as well and the game is really loud.

did you get a buzz sound? i got one from the speakers. a hmmm when the game was idle. when i lowered or increased the backlight, the hmmm noise stopped. i call chicago gaming and it's a known issue. they tried to tell me it could line noise in my electric, but no other game does it.

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

did you get a buzz sound? i got one from the speakers. a hmmm when the game was idle. when i lowered or increased the backlight, the hmmm noise stopped. i call chicago gaming and it's a known issue. they tried to tell me it could line noise in my electric, but no other game does it.

Yep. Well I'm not sure I'd call it a buzz, it isn't so bad. With the backing light at full brightness I really don't hear anything, except when the backbox lights do their flashing effect in attract mode.

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

This appears to be normal.

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The CE only has a "standard" sound system. See attached images for more details.[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. I could not find any differences in the schematics of MB SE and AFM CE. I have also done a quick compare and stare and don't see any physical differences in the hardware to warrant the difference in sound quality.

#8465 4 years ago

Dumb question, do these come with protectors now, new, or have they always been protector-less from the factory? I see Monster Bashes come with protectors now... didn't know if the AFM did the same in their latest runs? I understand that installing the protectors is not the funnest thing on earth (no pun intended).

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dumb question, do these come with protectors now, new, or have they always been protector-less from the factory? I see Monster Bashes come with protectors now... didn't know if the AFM did the same in their latest runs? I understand that installing the protectors is not the funnest thing on earth (no pun intended).

Lane protectors? No they do not. I have mb and afm. They come pretty plain.

#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

AFMr does come with scoop protection for the stroke of luck scoop. It does not protect the saucer and the cliffy will fit the remake.

#8468 4 years ago

Anyone looking for a full set of cliffys for afmr ? I bought them for my LE and never installed them and sold the game...pm me if interested

Ken

#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

AFMr does come with scoop protection for the stroke of luck scoop. It does not protect the saucer and the cliffy will fit the remake.

So the SOL hole DOES come from the factory with a protector? Interesting. Thank you.

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So the SOL hole DOES come from the factory with a protector? Interesting. Thank you.

I don’t think it does, it just comes fully mylared around the SOL but not the actual cliffy protector.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I don’t think it does, it just comes fully mylared around the SOL but not the actual cliffy protector.

Incorrect. It has a protector that goes around the inside edge like a mantis. It protects the wood from wearing down like it did on the original. And it does not interfere with the path of the ball.

#8472 4 years ago

Correct, great that CGC fit these from new.

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This was mentioned in posts #1 and #5 as well as Key Post #2 ... There was an issue with the first run machines, there may be some out there that were never fixed.

#8474 4 years ago

Great video that was just uploaded about installing cliffys in AFMr

#8475 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Great video that was just uploaded about installing cliffys in AFMr

Very informative video!

It's probably just me but I see no reason to install these Cliffy protectors.

I can almost guarantee these posts will be tight, but please never do this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You should always use a rubber mallet whenever you need to force things out of the play field as a large portion of the shock that can damage your playfield will be absorbed by the hammer.

#8476 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They are both awesome looking machines!

1 week later
#8477 4 years ago

This is simply the best game. I never tire of playing it. Just so much love for AFM!

#8478 3 years ago

Does anyone have the service bulletin regarding AFMr's shooter lane? I recall seeing it on the CGC website but can't find it now.

#8479 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Does anyone have the service bulletin regarding AFMr's shooter lane? I recall seeing it on the CGC website but can't find it now.

Is this what you're looking for?

Shooter Lane Ramp.pdfShooter Lane Ramp.pdf
#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Is this what you're looking for?
[quoted image]

I'm not even sure. Looks very likely though... thanks!

#8481 3 years ago

I'm not even sure. Looks very likely though... thanks!

I believe that the reason you cannot easily find that alert is because the root cause was eventually discovered to be an incorrectly manufactured ball guide around the pop bumpers that was interfering with the travel of the ball. A small number of games went out that way. If you cannot get the skill shot to make it around the orbit, open a ticket with CGC and see if your game is affected. I fixed a friends game and it was a simple swap of that metal ball guide and that fixed it all up.

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I believe that the reason you cannot easily find that alert is because the root cause was eventually discovered to be an incorrectly manufactured ball guide around the pop bumpers that was interfering with the travel of the ball. A small number of games went out that way. If you cannot get the skill shot to make it around the orbit, open a ticket with CGC and see if your game is affected. I fixed a friends game and it was a simple swap of that metal ball guide and that fixed it all up.

That's exactly why the bulletin was of interest. I believe I have levelled everything correctly, but when going for the skillshot, the ball appears to get caught somewhere above the pops. Maybe 20% of the time, the ball dribbles around to the left, majority of the time it falls into the pops. I'm yet to set up a slow mo camera to see whats happening. Funny, my MBr did some thing very similar.

#8483 3 years ago

That's exactly why the bulletin was of interest. I believe I have levelled everything correctly, but when going for the skillshot, the ball appears to get caught somewhere above the pops. Maybe 20% of the time, the ball dribbles around to the left, majority of the time it falls into the pops. I'm yet to set up a slow mo camera to see whats happening. Funny, my MBr did some thing very similar.

I would contact CGC support and explain what you’re seeing. It sounds exactly like the ball guide issue. But they will know for sure based on your serial number range, etc.

#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would contact CGC support and explain what you’re seeing. It sounds exactly like the ball guide issue. But they will know for sure based on your serial number range, etc.

Will do. Cheers

#8485 3 years ago

Lowering the launch coil power helps a lot.

#8486 3 years ago

Is there an adjustment setting to increase the ball plunge strength ? I increased my slope and now it wont get all the way around for super skill shot, I have looked but cant find anything.
Thanks

#8487 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is there an adjustment setting to increase the ball plunge strength ?

Yes. In the CGC menu page 1-10 in your manual ( 1-14 in particular ) or

LTG : )

#8488 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd

1 week later
#8489 3 years ago

Any sell a nice set of plastic protectors for this game? I tried Mezel mods but the screws weren’t long enough unless I took the washers out and was afraid to do that. Looking for a set for MBr as well

#8490 3 years ago

I honestly don’t think you need them.

#8491 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any sell a nice set of plastic protectors for this game? I tried Mezel mods but the screws weren’t long enough unless I took the washers out and was afraid to do that. Looking for a set for MBr as well

Why would you need the washers anyway if you install the plastic protectors? Regardless, you can go to the hardware store and get low profile lock nuts too.

#8492 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

You have to buy low profile lock nuts to make them work. Not sure where you find them as I got mine from a local fastener company.

I don't know that the protectors were necessary, but I just liked the glowing green color: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151#post-5246027

#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I honestly don’t think you need them.

I didn’t either thats why I decided to pass on them but I have noticed so chipping in mine. Minor but figured I’d better protect before it gets worse. Will try to post pic later if I get a chance

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I didn’t either thats why I decided to pass on them but I have noticed so chipping in mine. Minor but figured I’d better protect before it gets worse. Will try to post pic later if I get a chance

Ah - I’ve never noticed chipping on any of my games over the years. I mean it’s possible, but I just haven’t yet.

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You have to buy low profile lock nuts to make them work. Not sure where you find them as I got mine from a local fastener company.
I don't know that the protectors were necessary, but I just liked the glowing green color: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151#post-5246027

Pinball life sells them as well.

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-32-thin-nylon-insert-lock-nut.html

#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

In my post #7302 I describe the issues with the thick plastic protectors similar to what you are experiencing. I know many use the low profile nuts but I replaced the posts and 2 of the ball guides.

#8497 3 years ago

Got the alternative translite from Flyland Designs and installed it over the weekend. It looks incredible when lighted!

I love it so much, I went and bought the limited-edition backglass version so I can use that in the machine and frame the translite; I'm going to frame the original translite as well, and hang them side-by-side in my office. I just need to figure out the best way to make a couple of lighted frames as I've never made one before.

IMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpg
#8498 3 years ago

Ahh perfect. Wasn't finding them using my search criteria.

#8499 3 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I just need to figure out the best way to make a couple of lighted frames as I've never made one before.

There are always these: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I just need to figure out the best way to make a couple of lighted frames as I've never made one before.

Not sure if this helps but Stern Pinball produces a fantastic backlit frame; unfortunately the Bally/Williams translite is a little wider that the Stern DMD Pinball back glass used by Stern. I would never do this, but if you don't mind trimming roughly 1/4" off each side you should be able to use this one:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6959-00

The best thing about this frame is that all 4 sides are hinged making it super easy to install or change the translite without having to remove the frame from the wall. You may also receive better pricing from your local distributor on this vs purchasing from a 3rd party.

Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/170?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.