Topic Stats

• 8,620 posts
  • 537 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by RobbyIRL5
  • Topic is favorited by 260 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,659 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2607 (resized).JPG
IMG_2285 (resized).JPG
017E387D-669B-4C07-800B-A74B669A77E9 (resized).jpeg
7CC91B9A-4DBD-424B-B5FA-1C1D9CDD76E2 (resized).jpeg
A324DF8A-043B-4CCE-8073-0C3A2E5170BB (resized).jpeg
20443EED-3A7E-415E-8F4A-A6FF6988985C (resized).jpeg
D7F8B6A8-D0BA-4D36-A291-82C367D36FE6 (resized).jpeg
0D589E4B-3A3C-4B04-BA86-7BCB0D83BB5C (resized).jpeg
4C14B123-BD4E-410E-85EB-710AA5256360 (resized).jpeg
9520384B-A39A-4084-9905-ABB5FAF965B3 (resized).jpeg
416A0C9D-35E3-42B0-9BB4-893FA00BED12 (resized).jpeg
2474D635-3BCC-400D-9E76-B69D7ECF6271 (resized).jpeg
403A5B0B-36F1-42B6-B770-D108ED5FB626 (resized).jpeg
3C464B5C-91FF-4470-A05F-A6B8A7C325AD (resized).jpeg
129D0442-122D-4C59-8011-18C5EC200440 (resized).jpeg
578FE912-0160-4C56-ADD0-75CAEFFF21D6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8620 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 173.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

What coil is it under to adjust?

Right popper.

LTG : )

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's a wire gate in the lock/ saucer subway that can get stuck up or bent ... which can cause this issue. Check it out...

Cool, thanks! I'll check it out.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Thanks! This seems to be working, if it acts up I'll adjust it from underneath like you suggested earlier

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's a wire gate in the lock/ saucer subway that can get stuck up or bent ... which can cause this issue. Check it out...

Found the solution!

Thanks to bigd1979's suggestion, I looked at the underside of the lock/saucer subway, and found that the trough switch had lost a screw, and therefore wasn't registering, thus confusing the game as to where the ball had come from. I found the screw in the speaker cone, and replaced it.
Missing screw
The trick is that there is an adjustment on this switch, and I found it needed to be in the "tightest" configuration, where it was most sensitive.
2017-09-23 21.25.00 (resized).jpg
It looks like all is now well. Hopefully this will help if anyone in the future experiences the same symptoms.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Which power setting? What coil is it under to adjust?

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Okay so it was still STDM randomly so I tried to make a adjustment from underneath. After loosening the screws it just appears that when it was screwed in it is just aligned poorly. The right fix would be to unscrew it and repositionand screw back in but that's not a option. So now I'm at -1 coil strength and it limps over to the Right Flipper, I guess better then draining.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Okay so it was still STDM randomly so I tried to make a adjustment from underneath. After loosening the screws it just appears that when it was screwed in it is just aligned poorly. The right fix would be to unscrew it and repositionand screw back in but that's not a option. So now I'm at -1 coil strength and it limps over to the Right Flipper, I guess better then draining.

how does it do at full srength?
Is the mech hitting the wood of the playfield twisted all the way to the left?
How does it play plugged into a different outlet?
On my game it will sdtm if I have low power on my street.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I guess better then draining.

Try loosening the screws. And between the bracket and underside of the playfield. Stick a washer on the left side. So the whole assembly leans to the left a little. See if that helps aim it.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try loosening the screws. And between the bracket and underside of the playfield. Stick a washer on the left side. So the whole assembly leans to the left a little. See if that helps aim it.

That was my next thought Man last game I just played I was at 4.6 billion on ball 3 with a extra ball in the bank. 2 center drains ended up 4.8 billion doh!!! Lol, I'll get the right size washers tommorrow. I'm sure that will give it plenty of angle.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

how does it do at full srength?
Is the mech hitting the wood of the playfield twisted all the way to the left?
How does it play plugged into a different outlet?
On my game it will sdtm if I have low power on my street.

It's all in the angle and spacing, even after loosening and trying to get it moved it won't twist enough. I'm going to try washers on one side. It was at Max strength from the factory, -3 ( balls don't eject) -2 the balls usually go to the right flipper, -1 almost random, Max usually down the center.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Only ball launch issue here is very occasionally need 2 or 3 tries to kick the ball from the trough into the shooter lane.

I have the same issue occasionally.

Robert

#813 2 years ago

WTF is with this game! It's like the pf is slanted to the middle so every other shot is headed SDTM! On top of that, anything that touches the top of either sling, has an 80% chance of a side drain regardless of nudging!

Unplugging this thing from the wall! Seriously need a break from it haha. Honestly though, I play my MMR or TOM and you feel like you have a chance!

With AFM it's almost so drainy that you barely feel like you starting anything. Might be an LE on Kijiji soon

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

WTF is with this game! It's like the pf is slanted to the middle so every other shot is headed SDTM! On top of that, anything that touches the top of either sling, has an 80% chance of a side drain regardless of nudging!
Unplugging this thing from the wall! Seriously need a break from it haha. Honestly though, I play my MMR or TOM and you feel like you have a chance!
With AFM it's almost so drainy that you barely feel like you starting anything. Might be an LE on Kijiji soon

I have a tough time saving it from going SDTM. On my MB I can almost always slap-save it but not yet on this one. The side drains on AFMr are crushing me too. I can't stop playing it though. AFMr is so awesome it's ruined my other games.

#815 2 years ago

Agreed, I tried to play Ghostbusters last night and It was agonizing. 2 games then right back to AFMR

#816 2 years ago

This is certainly not an easy game, but you always feel like victory is somewhere within your reach. That is what keeps me hitting the start button over and over.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I have a tough time saving it from going SDTM. On my MB I can almost always slap-save it but not yet on this one. The side drains on AFMr are crushing me too. I can't stop playing it though. AFMr is so awesome it's ruined my other games.

So I ended up playing one last game before calling it a night, and ended up lighting RTU, and just couldn't hit the SOL to claim it!

I guess that's pinball! Last night though, the game was being a serious ball breaker!

Also, quick question for you guys... I've changed my flippers bit so the rubber on the flipper sit on the toothpick hole, rather than the flipper itself. Now that it's raised a bit, I feel I can hot Martians better on the sides, however orbit shots are tougher. Any thoughts?

And checking bookkeeping, my right drains are nearly double the left. Game is completely level, so wondering if the game is more prone to right drains or is it me?

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So I ended up playing one last game before calling it a night, and ended up lighting RTU, and just couldn't hit the SOL to claim it!
I guess that's pinball! Last night though, the game was being a serious ball breaker!
Also, quick question for you guys... I've changed my flippers bit so the rubber on the flipper sit on the toothpick hole, rather than the flipper itself. Now that it's raised a bit, I feel I can hot Martians better on the sides, however orbit shots are tougher. Any thoughts?
And checking bookkeeping, my right drains are nearly double the left. Game is completely level, so wondering if the game is more prone to right drains or is it me?

I have the flippers at the factory angle, it seems to play properly all around.
I have the slings set at min for now, it plays like a classic one I have played before.

The sling leaf switches were a little too closely adjusted from the factory and I was getting a lot of machine gunning and random firing. So I opened the gap on all 4 switches a little and it fixed that.
This also makes the game a little more controllable. The slings wont fire unless you hit them.
The ball rolling along the rubber to the flippers for a catch wont trigger them for now at least.

I wish there was a slightly higher sling power adjustment as it seems a tiny bit low on min.
Im leaving my game pitch at 6.9 (average) and the flippers are at +2 on my game.

For now it seems to play properly. I may raise the pitch to 7.1 later as it will side drain a little less at that pitch but I like the way my game plays right now.

#819 2 years ago

I have the slings set at min for now, it plays like a classic one I have played before.
The sling leaf switches were a little too closely adjusted from the factory and I was getting a lot of machine gunning and random firing. So I opened the gap on all 4 switches a little and it fixed that.
This also makes the game a little more controllable. The slings wont fire unless you hit them.
The ball rolling along the rubber to the flippers for a catch wont trigger them for now at least.
I wish there was a slightly higher sling power adjustment as it seems a tiny bit low on min.
Im leaving my game pitch at 6.9 (average) and the flippers are at +2 on my game.
For now it seems to play properly. I may raise the pitch to 7.1 later as it will side drain a little less at that pitch but I like the way my game plays right now.

Were the flipper bats aligned with the holes as a factory settings, or we're the a little lower? Can't recall.

Also, are you measuring 6.9 from roughly where the bubble level is? I get about 6.7 there, and 6.5 just above the slings.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Were the flipper bats aligned with the holes as a factory settings, or we're the a little lower? Can't recall.
Also, are you measuring 6.9 from roughly where the bubble level is? I get about 6.7 there, and 6.5 just above the slings.

I use a small drill bit (or you can use an allen wrench) in the wooden hole that fits cleanly with the flippers plastic resting on the tool. I also have a few of the metal pins/adjustment tools that used to come with the games in the old days for this.

On playfield pitch:
I measure in 3 places on the playfield and just get an average between the 3 measurements.
Often the pitch is higher at the top than at the bottom, but it can also be the opposite. Gameplay seems to not be affected either way.

Im using a digital torpedo level but the cell phone apps can also be very good.

#821 2 years ago

I measure in 3 places on the playfield and just get an average between the 3 measurements.
Often the pitch is higher at the top than at the bottom, but it can also be the opposite. Gameplay seems to not be affected either way.
Im using a digital torpedo level but the cell phone apps can also be very good.

So to get an average of 6.9, your bubble level must be at like 7.5?

Also, how can it possibly be lower at the top, but sometimes lower?

#822 2 years ago

Running 7.1 on mine.....I'm lucky, I guess, as my measurements were within +- 1 degree top and bottom of pf.

Had to open my sling switches too, now very stable.

I'm an old toothpick guy w the gauge and rubber bands to adjust my flippers......machine playing great....

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Running 7.1 on mine.....I'm lucky, I guess, as my measurements were within +- 1 degree top and bottom of pf.
Had to open my sling switches too, now very stable.
I'm an old toothpick guy w the gauge and rubber bands to adjust my flippers......machine playing great....

So what does that mean if I'm 6.8 at the bottom and 6.2 in the middle?

Also, what do you use the garage and rubber bands for?

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, what do you use the garage and rubber bands for?

Ha " gauge", not "garage"....

I loosen the flipper nut just enough to turn the flipper w slight tension, put the "gauge" in between the flipper base and bushing to insure height is good. Then stick a toothpick in the hole to line them up, holding with the rubber band. Then tighten the nut.

Keeps everything in place when tightening ( for me anyway). Otherwise, I can screw w them forever.

As far as pitch, not sure why your's varies that much. I suspect certain playfields gain a bit of pitch towards the top, but that seems like a lot. I'm also careful to measure the level of the playfield, front and back. That CAN change if your feet aren't set right....makes a difference for sure in rampflow....

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha " gauge", not "garage"....

Yeah, stupid auto correct!

What sort of gauge is used to align the flippers?

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

a small drill bit for the hole in the playfield and use the plastic gauge that the game came with to set the height of the flipper bat off the bushing under it.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The gauge is the one included to set height, not alignment...that's what the holes in pf are for. As I recall ( there have been threads on it) W/B was supposed to have the back of the flipper even w the toothpick in hole, w rubbers off, Sterns face the toothpick in the middle. That's how I set mine, anyway....

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The gauge is the one included to set height, not alignment...that's what the holes in pf are for. As I recall ( there have been threads on it) W/B was supposed to have the back of the flipper even w the toothpick in hole, w rubbers off, Sterns face the toothpick in the middle. That's how I set mine, anyway....

Ahhhhh, ok that makes sense. Yes, I have the spacer tool and use anytime I adjust my flippers.

But the "back of the flipper", I'm assuming you mean the bat itself (no rubber) rest on the toothpick/drill bit in the hole?

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ahhhhh, ok that makes sense. Yes, I have the spacer tool and use anytime I adjust my flippers.
But the "back of the flipper", I'm assuming you mean the bat itself (no rubber) rest on the toothpick/drill bit in the hole?

Correct...just checked mine, and it's exactly the way they're aligned. I did it, though, but pretty confident it's right

#830 2 years ago

I may raise the pitch to 7.1 later as it will side drain a little less at that pitch but I like the way my game plays right now.

My flippers seemed too strong I lowered them to -4 but they still seem a bit strong, I may lower them a bit more.

#831 2 years ago

Today I was playing AFMr in my Brother’s place and when I tried to lower the volume it doesn’t go below “8”....you can go up 9-10-11-12.etc, but when you press the volume down again stops at “8”

Any ideas fellas to something about it please?

Thank you.
Regards

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Any ideas fellas to something about it please?

Setting Adjustments a.28 or something. Minimum volume over ride. change it.

#833 2 years ago

Thanks a lot LTG!

Regards!

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct...just checked mine, and it's exactly the way they're aligned. I did it, though, but pretty confident it's right

The factory setting (bat aligned on toothpick) seems droopy, but I'm starting to think it might play better than raising the flippers (rubber on toothpick) like I have it now.

I'm at about 6.8 degrees, but I think I need to raise it up more.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The factory setting (bat aligned on toothpick) seems droopy, but I'm starting to think it might play better than raising the flippers (rubber on toothpick) like I have it now.
I'm at about 6.8 degrees, but I think I need to raise it up more.

The game is designed to use lower set flippers. so u can make shots better and not trap up as easily.....

#836 2 years ago

Just set up AFMf LE 188. Would I need to do a code update? (or would the update on the more recent machines be updated at CGC?)

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Just set up AFMf LE 188. Would I need to do a code update? (or would the update on the more recent machines be updated at CGC?)

Probably no updated needed. My 195 didn't.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

AFMr LE #196 came to me fully up-to-date @v1.1 & CGC @v1.0.0. What version number are you seeing at start-up/set-up?

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

ust set up AFMf LE 188. Would I need to do a code update? (or would the update on the more recent machines be updated at CGC?)

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php Latest is 1.0.0.

To see what is in your game. Hold the escape button down 5 seconds or so and the CGC menu comes up. First screen has what is in your game.

#840 2 years ago

Super, I'm teaching tonight so I'll need to check when I get home-Skyline Chili three way, cheese coneys, Coors Light and AFMR!

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Super, I'm teaching tonight so I'll need to check when I get home-Skyline Chili three way, cheese coneys, Coors Light and AFMR!

Damn that sounds like a winner to me

I've never had to adjust the flippers on any pin I've bought. Is it an issue with this one? Mine is arriving soon hopefully

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Damn that sounds like a winner to me
I've never had to adjust the flippers on any pin I've bought. Is it an issue with this one? Mine is arriving soon hopefully

Mustard and onion on those coneys? Nothin better than Skyline!

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right popper.

Ok so this is how off to the right it is, needs to move to the left but only possible way is to redrill the holes. I've tried to shim it and adjust the coil strength but it may work for 1 ball in play then randomly drain. When it's a multiball or the Martians are vibrating it seems that it lacks the power to get it to the flipper. I've had 2 balls on a multiball STDM constantly when this occurs. Not sure what fix to try next, should I put a ticket in? You can see the gap on the left and the angle is pretty much aimed STDM.

20170926_204416 (resized).jpg

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Not sure what fix to try next,

Remove the bracket. The holes in it that the screws go through to secure it to the playfield. Make them oval shape. Turn more when fastening down.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

AFMr LE #196 came to me fully up-to-date @v1.1 & CGC @v1.0.0. What version number are you seeing at start-up/set-up?

#197 here. That's all, just trying to keep it going....

#846 2 years ago

For those who have had issues with air balls, I played with a few settings tonight, and I think I have it playing better. Slant is at 6.7-6.8 and I turned the flippers down to -4 strength. I still make all the shots, and the game plays a bit closer to what I feel the original did.

Also, returned the flippers to factory settings, although I liked that I could trap with the flippers higher, trying to make orbit shots was getting a bit tedious.

Game still kicks my ass hard! But from what everyone is saying, this is not Medieval Madness!

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok so this is how off to the right it is, needs to move to the left but only possible way is to redrill the holes. I've tried to shim it and adjust the coil strength but it may work for 1 ball in play then randomly drain. When it's a multiball or the Martians are vibrating it seems that it lacks the power to get it to the flipper. I've had 2 balls on a multiball STDM constantly when this occurs. Not sure what fix to try next, should I put a ticket in? You can see the gap on the left and the angle is pretty much aimed STDM.

Remove the mech, sidecut the mounting holes with a drill bit that matches the hole size or slightly smaller, twist to the left upon re-installation.
Also it could be a slightly crooked weldment (it happens). Contact CGC for a replacement.

While waiting for the new part do as above.

#848 2 years ago

Remove the mech, sidecut the mounting holes with a drill bit that matches the hole size or slightly smaller, twist to the left upon re-installation.
Also it could be a slightly crooked weldment (it happens). Contact CGC for a replacement.
While waiting for the new part do as above.

Ill need to get my buddy over to SOLDER it back up, I also tried with a few more washers but it got really our of alignment. I got my drill bits ready. Ill report back this weekend when I get to it. Thanks guys.

#849 2 years ago

Have you got one of these in your toolkit?

pasted_image (resized).png

That's what I used to enlarge the the holes in my GoT mounting bracket to fix the left orbit issue. Permits a nicely incremental enlargement of the mtg holes. No guessing. On GoT, the bracket metal was soft like butter, an easy task.

Caution - if you don't actually take the assy out of the cabinet, lay down some towels (or whatever) to catch the metal filings.

Good luck!

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I would open a ticket; more than likely the scoop itself was positioned poorly when the part was welded and to fix it right it should be replaced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 50.00
There are 8620 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 173.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside