pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 212.
#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the backbox.
There is a notch on the end of the 2.0 IC, line it up with the notch silk screened on the driver board.
LTG : )
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd! I'll throw get that installed tonight.

#8402 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your game likely has it. Looks like 1.0.0

I did google it. Couldn’t tell from the CG site whether that was an example of the process or the actual version. Thanks for the confirmation.

#8403 4 years ago

I have a question regarding the location and position of the mini saucers on the AFM-LE. I recently found out that each of the six mini-saucers are unique as they all have separate addressing. The saucers address can be obtained by entering the CGC lighting menu, then scrolling through the Mini-Saucer modes and stopping at INTERACTIVE, once you do this every saucer will do a chase then flash their assigned address.

If anyone has some free time, I'm looking for is the address displayed on each of these mini-saucers as well as the position of the address lights so I can confirm that I have them all properly orientated; It may be possible to capture this in a single picture...
DSC00802 (resized).JPGDSC00802 (resized).JPG

The video shown here is of a single mini-saucer flashing an address of 3.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13rl9nS72_YbtQE44p-K5dnki5tIcfPzQ

EDIT: I must have MMR-LE on my mind today...these beauties do sit right next to each other but now I want a Royal Edition!

#8404 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I have a question regarding the location and position of the mini saucers on the MMR-LE.

Why do you have mini saucers on your MMR-LE? Sort of a knights vs. aliens theme going on?

#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why do you have mini saucers on your MMR-LE?

OMG...good catch

Corrected.

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

OMG...good catch
Corrected.

I got a giggle out of it. Now, I don't quite understand your question. Are you saying that their may be a "correct" / "factory" orientation for each of the mini-saucers and you're wondering if your's are all positioned correctly?

#8407 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I got a giggle out of it.

me too ... I have been drinking BTW

#8408 4 years ago

Anyone tried any colored titan silicone/rubbers? I was wondering if any good color combinations exist, other than black

#8409 4 years ago

Stuieb84 I’ve seen some in green some in red some in white. Your game your choice, have some fun with it!
I’ve been putting translucents in mine lately.

#8410 4 years ago

I used red, really liked the way it came out.

Quoted from Stuieb84:

Anyone tried any colored titan silicone/rubbers? I was wondering if any good color combinations exist, other than black

#8411 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

All Titan glow in the darks for me.

807F5E5E-280A-4B59-9333-A6F370F234CC.jpeg807F5E5E-280A-4B59-9333-A6F370F234CC.jpeg
#8412 4 years ago

Titan's GITD is the way to go!

#8413 4 years ago

I also recommend the Titan gitd rubbers, and post sleeves.

#8414 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you saying that their may be a "correct" / "factory" orientation for each of the mini-saucers and you're wondering if your's are all positioned correctly?

Yes, I had removed them all to do a good playfield cleaning, and I'm not entirely sure what spots they came from.

#8415 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

All Titan glow in the darks for me.[quoted image]

That's the first thing I'm gonna do when I land an AFMr. I have the glow in the dark on my ACNC and I also have Titans on my ST. Love them!!

#8416 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, I had removed them all to do a good playfield cleaning, and I'm not entirely sure what spots they came from.

I can do this for you now. I will PM you the results.

M

#8417 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Here you go. Hope it's clear.

AFM_Saucers (resized).jpgAFM_Saucers (resized).jpg
#8418 4 years ago

Anyone have the issue where the shot that should destroy the saucer instead awards a light lock? It happens intermittently for me.

#8419 4 years ago
Quoted from Erich0:

Anyone have the issue where the shot that should destroy the saucer instead awards a light lock? It happens intermittently for me.

There are 2 switches in the saucer exit subway.

The ball is not hitting the first one, or bouncing over it, to register a destroy.

But it "is" hitting the lock switch further down.

The first switch in the trough below mothership hole needs to be raised a little bit.
Most of the time you can just turn the body slightly to raise the wire in the slot.

If its super loose, tighten the tiny screws slightly until is snug, but dont over-tighten them and crush the switch body.

Check it in switch test after adjustment to make sure both switches activate with a ball.

#8420 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Maybe this picture will help.

LTG : )

DSC00211 (resized).JPGDSC00211 (resized).JPG
#8421 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hello,
I'm seriously considering buying an ATM SE NIB. I have not owned a CGC pin before. How is their customer support and QC? I read some bad stories from a couple years back on this thread. How has it been more recently? I'm mostly concerned about the playfield and CC issues.
Thanks..

Their service is top notch, I bought a SE NIB and had only a few issues, more with my familiarity with it. I did need some parts and they shipped them out ASAP. Waiting on the text CGC to come out.

#8422 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Their service is top notch, I bought a SE NIB and had only a few issues, more with my familiarity with it. I did need some parts and they shipped them out ASAP. Waiting on the text CGC to come out.

I concur. I will buy the next CGC (whatever it is) or Spooky just because of their service. Top notch.
Most of my emails to Stern go un-answered.

#8423 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Here you go. Hope it's clear.

It is, thank you for posting this.

#8424 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

All I've ever heard about CGC are good things. I would already have an LE if it wasn't for this plague. But hopefully I'll luck out and still get one when things settle down.
Thanks!

#8425 4 years ago

Any recommendations for best pin blades for AfMr SE?

#8426 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Any recommendations for best pin blades for AfMr SE?

Mirror blades are great, but I’ve always been intrigued by the ones that illuminate. I’ve seen them at a show outside of the pin and they looked awesome.

#8427 4 years ago

I've had my AFM for maybe 1-2 months now, today I had the time to pop some pinstadiums on. Theres plenty of vitriol from the ol skool folk who can't stand them, but personally I love what they do. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement on AFM, but was super happy with the improvement.

I've added some iphone pics with the pinstadiums on and off. I've tried to adjust to keep the exposure as close to each other as possible. As a photographer by profession, I know it's not perfect, but it gives to me a very accurate indication of how it looks in person.
AFM_Pinstadium (resized).jpgAFM_Pinstadium (resized).jpgAFM_Standard (resized).jpgAFM_Standard (resized).jpg

#8428 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I've had my AFM for maybe 1-2 months now, today I had the time to pop some pinstadiums on. Theres plenty of vitriol from the ol skool folk who can't stand them, but personally I love what they do. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement on AFM, but was super happy with the improvement.
I've added some iphone pics with the pinstadiums on and off. I've tried to adjust to keep the exposure as close to each other as possible. As a photographer by profession, I know it's not perfect, but it gives to me a very accurate indication of how it looks in person.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I ditto this 100%. I initially hesitated, and I wouldn't put them on all my games, but the PinStadiums are a must have for AFMr IMO. I especially like the UV flashers which I have hooked up to the mother ship flasher.

#8429 4 years ago

I'm on the other end of this and I'm not a old schooler or a hater of pinstadiums. I had them on my RZ due to how dark the playfield was and they worked well. I just dont find any reason to brighten any other games I have I'm my collection including AFMR. I know you can adjust pinstadiums but I just dont see any issues with these games being under lighted. My gameroom has normal lighting and also a UV setup. Even in UV mode, the game is bright to me. Enjoy a great game either way!

#8430 4 years ago

I was very happy with what the pinstadium fusion did on my AFMR. Here's a video that shows the general lighting and strobe effects, much more dramatic in-person. Strobe multiball is particularly impressive with the red strobes on hits.

#8431 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I'm on the other end of this and I'm not a old schooler or a hater of pinstadiums. I had them on my RZ due to how dark the playfield was and they worked well. I just dont find any reason to brighten any other games I have I'm my collection including AFMR. I know you can adjust pinstadiums but I just dont see any issues with these games being under lighted. My gameroom has normal lighting and also a UV setup. Even in UV mode, the game is bright to me. Enjoy a great game either way!

RZ is a dark game. Had a friend/neighbor (moved about a year ago) who had a RZ. He added Titan GITD rings and extra UV lighting and it really made a difference to the game.

As far as UV lighting in the game room, I'd love to see that. AFMr lights up well under UV, especially with Titan GITD rings, the green plastic protectors, and the florescent green posts I've added to mine. I don't have a UV setup, but when I hit it with a UV flashlight it looks awesome.

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As far as UV lighting in the game room, I'd love to see that. AFMr lights up well under UV, especially with Titan GITD rings, the green plastic protectors, and the florescent green posts I've added to mine. I don't have a UV setup, but when I hit it with a UV flashlight it looks awesome.

The best game I have for UV by far! Pics for UV are hard to take to get the complete look. Everyone loves the room compared to normal lighting. Completely different feel when playing!

IMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG
#8433 4 years ago

With more time on my hands during the COVID-19 shutdown I have been painting my attack from mars aliens using ink & acrylic paint (sprayed with clearcoat). One on the left is the painted and the one on the right is stock.

I tried to get it to match the color of the alternative translite I have on the game

20200409_132552 (resized).jpg20200409_132552 (resized).jpg20200409_132814 (resized).jpg20200409_132814 (resized).jpg
#8434 4 years ago

Huge improvement! Especially with that BG.

#8435 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to hook up the pinstadium lights underneath the cabinet so that you can get the most out of the stobe multibal and have the pin stadium lights go off during that mode?

#8436 4 years ago

When I had an AFMR I hooked mine up to one of the Martian flashers and set it to red. The effect was a red strobe on a saucer hit during that mode which I thought was pretty cool looking. You can see it in the vid I posted above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/169#post-5579048

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Does anyone know where to hook up the pinstadium lights underneath the cabinet so that you can get the most out of the stobe multibal and have the pin stadium lights go off during that mode?

So where do you have them connected currently? I installed them as per pinstadium instractions: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/
GI will turn off during strobe multiball, the UV is attached to the alien ship.

#8438 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So where do you have them connected currently? I installed them as per pinstadium instractions: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/
GI will turn off during strobe multiball, the UV is attached to the alien ship.

Exactly how I did it.

#8439 4 years ago

Just finished designing and printing my 3D AFM flipper toppers. I'm selling them for $20 (includes US shipping) per pair. As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing these or any of my mods.

All 4 colors are selectable by the buyer, and the green I used for the saucer in mine is UV reactive. I also have a UV reactive orange as pictured at bottom. While I have solid black, I opted for galaxy black (silver speckles) in my first run which look really good.

FYI, I realize these are very similar to some other toppers on the market. However, I've incorporated the design elements and process of my many other 3D printed toppers that I offer. I was making these for myself, regardless, and figured if anyone happens to like my version and wants to customize the colors to their liking then they now have the ability to do so.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-3d-printed-flipper-toppers#post-5590477
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
IMG_3743.JPGIMG_3743.JPGIMG_3742.JPGIMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3745.JPGIMG_3745.JPGIMG_3744.JPGIMG_3744.JPG
Here are a few color combination ideas.
pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png

#8440 4 years ago

Is it worth the effort to install the green trim? Mine came with the black installed and the LE green in a box....side rails easy to install?

IMG_20200412_151921099 (resized).jpgIMG_20200412_151921099 (resized).jpg
#8441 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Is it worth the effort to install the green trim? Mine came with the black installed and the LE green in a box....side rails easy to install?[quoted image]

What all pieces do you have in green? If side rails, lockbar, and legs then I would definitely say go for it. While I've not changed them out on this game, I have on others (older games) and they can be a bear. You have to be really careful not to bend the rails and sometimes the adhesive they use just comes apart leaving some on the cabinet that can be very difficult to remove and some on the inside of the rail. Will need input from someone who has done it on a modern game, but I imaging it should be a little easier since you're not dealing with degraded 30 year old adhesive.

#8442 4 years ago

Is it worth the effort to install the green trim? Mine came with the black installed and the LE green in a box....side rails easy to install?[quoted image]

Not too bad, but its easier if you pull off the head.

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What all pieces do you have in green? If side rails, lockbar, and legs then I would definitely say go for it. While I've not changed them out on this game, I have on others (older games) and they can be a bear. You have to be really careful not to bend the rails and sometimes the adhesive they use just comes apart leaving some on the cabinet that can be very difficult to remove and some on the inside of the rail. Will need input from someone who has done it on a modern game, but I imaging it should be a little easier since you're not dealing with degraded 30 year old adhesive.

Yes. Legs and lock down bar....piece of cake...

Side rails are what I'm a tad worried on. Not sure how they're held down from CGC. Wouldn't be too concerned if I was replacing the cab art, bit of course, I am not.

#8444 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Not too bad, but its easier if you pull off the head.

Why would I need to pull the head? I believe the side rails come off without hitting it or am I wrong on that?

#8445 4 years ago

Why would I need to pull the head? I believe the side rails come off without hitting it or am I wrong on that?

Yes you are wrong about this.

They are securely taped in place with 3m VHB tape.

You have to carefully cut the tape with a thin putty knife and hinge them off. It takes a little patience.

Theres a way to do this.

Its easier to line up the hole in the front for the ground screw if you apply the rails at an angle.

Othetwise the adhesive sticks and rips the decals.

The backbox hinge does not allow for a proper installation.

Alternatively remove the backbox hinges with the backbox still attached via the lock clip.

Remove and reapply the siderails then replace the hinges.

Locate the siderails before removing the adhesive tape.

Tape them in place with blue masking tape.
Hinge them up via the tape.

Peel off the adhesive tape, press the siderail down etc.

Make sure the front hole lines up.

#8446 4 years ago

They are securely taped in place with 3m VHB tape.
You have to cut the tape with a thin putty knife and hinge them off.
Theres a way to do this.
Its easier to line up the hole in the front for the ground screw if you apply the rails at an angle.
Othetwise the adhesive sticks and rips the decals.
The backbox hinge does not allow for a proper installation.
Alternatively remove the backbox hinges with the backbox still attached via the lock clip.
Remove and reapply the siderails then replace the hinges.
Locate the siderails before removing the adhesive tape.
Tape them in place.
Hinge them up via the tape.
Peel off the adhesive tape, press the siderail down etc.

FYI, I've had good success with other games if I heat the rails with a heat gun on low or hair dryer (just get them warm to the touch, don't over do it) to help loosen the adhesive. Would you recommend this for AFMr?

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, I've had good success with other games if I heat the rails with a heat gun on low or hair dryer (just get them warm to the touch, don't over do it) to help loosen the adhesive. Would you recommend this for AFMr?

I would definitely heat them a bit.

But at the same time be prepared to use the 2 putty knife method to help out

Still need to scrape off old tape etc

#8448 4 years ago

I would definitely heat them a bit.
But at the same time be prepared to use the 2 putty knife method to help out
Still need to scrape off old tape etc

That makes perfect sense.

So, black it stays!

#8449 4 years ago

I would try a real heat gun.
I use a propane torch very carefully but only on stainless steel, I would not do on painted rails.
I could not get the 3M hot enough with a hair hot air blower.
I get it just hot enough and use a plastic putty blade to separate it.

#8450 4 years ago

I have a MB SE and an AFM CE. The sound on the MB is superior to the AFM. I looked at the schematics for both games and do not see a difference in the audio section. What can I do to improve the sound quality of my AFM?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/169?hl=pizzaman13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.