pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 212.
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Relatively new to the party and love my AfM Se.
Problem i was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and any suggestion on a fix. 10-20% of the time the ball comes down the right wire form toward the right flipper, the ball is traveling so fast and with so much force that it flies off the ramp and either into the drain or completely over the flippers to a middle drain.
It’s almost as if the wire ramp isn’t deep enough to keep the ball on the ramp.
Anyone else ever experienced this? Any suggested solution?

Try dialing down your flipper power a little.

#8352 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

. 10-20% of the time the ball comes down the right wire form

I put a little chunk of weather stripping at the end of the wireform and haven't flown off since

IMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpgIMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpg
#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

I put a little chunk of weather stripping at the end of the wireform and haven't flown off since[quoted image]

I'm telling you, loosen that nut in the image, move the ramp a couple of mm to the left, ditch the ugly weather stripping, and you'll be golden. You can see that the mount is designed to tweak the position of the wireframe exit.

#8354 4 years ago

I’ll give the nut adjustment a try. If that fails, on to flipper strength and weather stripping.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll let you know how it goes.

#8355 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Try dialing down your flipper power a little.

This fixed it 100% for me.

#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

ditch the ugly weather stripping

Not only is it good for wireforms the cool jet black makes a nice custom coin return button and custom ergonomic flipper buttons too

20200327_142652 (resized).jpg20200327_142652 (resized).jpg20200327_142704 (resized).jpg20200327_142704 (resized).jpg
#8357 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I’ll give the nut adjustment a try. If that fails, on to flipper strength and weather stripping.

Flipper strength should be dialed back in general for other reasons. Search through this thread for some common settings others have settled on (I don't remember mine, or I'd post it).

#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

This little strip of dead foam did the trick for me. Flipper strength at default and it slows the ball down enough so it doesn’t jump out of the wire form.

16905C61-8200-4A9A-8998-A92480EA9F09 (resized).jpeg16905C61-8200-4A9A-8998-A92480EA9F09 (resized).jpeg
#8359 4 years ago

Hello,
I'm seriously considering buying an ATM SE NIB. I have not owned a CGC pin before. How is their customer support and QC? I read some bad stories from a couple years back on this thread. How has it been more recently? I'm mostly concerned about the playfield and CC issues.
Thanks..

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How is their customer support

I like it.

But that's me.

LTG : )

#8361 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But that's me.

I thought you were Jersey Jack customer support?

#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

He'll be your support, too. Just start sending him checks.

#8363 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He'll be your support, too. Just start sending him checks.

He's a good guy! Helped me with Hobbit!

#8364 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hello,
I'm seriously considering buying an ATM SE NIB. I have not owned a CGC pin before. How is their customer support and QC? I read some bad stories from a couple years back on this thread. How has it been more recently? I'm mostly concerned about the playfield and CC issues.
Thanks..

Don’t be deterred by fix threads. It’s either really rare or an easy fix problem. Mine is now faultless. Has been since I it dialled in. Had plenty of plays.

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

He's a good guy! Helped me with Hobbit!

Yep. He's the best.

#8366 4 years ago

Does anyone have good advice on removing this post, as I am trying to install a set of cliffys to my AFMr SE.

Pliers aren't doing much and I am concerned that hitting the post with a hammer from under the playfield will only damage it.
20200328_175045 (resized).jpg20200328_175045 (resized).jpg

#8367 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Does anyone have good advice on removing this post, as I am trying to install a set of cliffys to my AFMr SE.
Pliers aren't doing much and I am concerned that hitting the post with a hammer from under the playfield will only damage it.
[quoted image]

Gentle hammer taps from underneath. It's the best way - that post is a bitch for some reason.

BTW, do you have one of the "nude" playfields with the wrong colors in areas that should have orange because they forgot to change the screen for that layer once they finished screening the chick on some playfields? I'm not sure if it's the picture, but it looks like you do from the color around those inserts. What does the mid-playfield look like?

There's some discussion of it from a couple years ago here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/71#post-4231127

#8368 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Jersey Jack Pinball and Planetary Pinball Supply/Chicago Gaming Company remakes too. And a few other things.

#8369 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hello,
Thanks..

CGC's support is awesome. I had an issue and am beyond happy with their quick response and remedy.

#8370 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gentle hammer taps from underneath. It's the best way - that post is a bitch for some reason.
BTW, do you have one of the "nude" playfields with the wrong colors in areas that should have orange because they forgot to change the screen for that layer once they finished screening the chick on some playfields? I'm not sure if it's the picture, but it looks like you do from the color around those inserts. What does the mid-playfield look like?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/71#post-4231127

Ditto, only way to do it right and it will not damage it (those plier marks are far worse damage than what a little hammer tap will do).

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ditto, only way to do it right and it will not damage it (those plier marks are far worse damage than what a little hammer tap will do).

Both posters are correct.

Only thing I would add, if you have one. Use a rubber hammer. For some reason it is easier on the wood. Sends a different vibration through it or something.

I discovered this many years ago setting up foosball tables. The wooden legs fastened to the cabinet with big carriage bolts. You had to pound them in. Use a metal hammer and you split the leg every time. Use a rubber hammer, no problem.

#8372 4 years ago

Installing both of those cliffys there and at the saucer looks to be a real pain in the ass, probably why I haven’t done it yet.

#8373 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Installing both of those cliffys there and at the saucer looks to be a real pain in the ass, probably why I haven’t done it yet.

Oh, it is!

#8374 4 years ago

It definitely is. I did a combination of clify install, neon green complete rubber set, and the neon green plastic protectors at the same time. Probably took me 4 hours in total.

#8375 4 years ago

What do I need to be most concerned about checking straight off with a NIB SE?
Thanks

#8376 4 years ago

Thank you to fellow pinsiders for providing help & assistance. I appreciate the club threads because we all help each other with repair and modding tips & tricks

20200329_193730 (resized).jpg20200329_193730 (resized).jpg
#8377 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It is, but worth it for the long run with your AFMr pinball

#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Both posters are correct.
Only thing I would add, if you have one. Use a rubber hammer. For some reason it is easier on the wood. Sends a different vibration through it or something.
I discovered this many years ago setting up foosball tables. The wooden legs fastened to the cabinet with big carriage bolts. You had to pound them in. Use a metal hammer and you split the leg every time. Use a rubber hammer, no problem.

Thank you - appreciated

#8379 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It appears that I have the nude colouring of that area on playfield

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Yes. It appears that I have the nude colouring of that area on playfield

If you have it there, it's also in the fire between the buildings, by the shoot again insert, tractor beam & big O beam inserts, and jackpot inserts. Basically wherever there should have been light orange, you have nude on the playfields with this factory error.

#8381 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you have it there, it's also in the fire between the buildings, by the shoot again insert, tractor beam & big O beam inserts, and jackpot inserts. Basically wherever there should have been light orange, you have nude on the playfields with this factory error.

It is

#8382 4 years ago

After reading your posts, I had to think and I could not have answered if my squares were nude or orange..... Had to look and maybe nude is rare!?
C04B7495-358A-41F4-AB51-DE5B521AC3C3 (resized).jpegC04B7495-358A-41F4-AB51-DE5B521AC3C3 (resized).jpeg

#8383 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

After reading your posts, I had to think and I could not have answered if my squares were nude or orange..... Had to look and maybe nude is rare!?
[quoted image]

Yours looks orange to me. Nude is a mistake and seems to be rare. Pretty sure it's when they forgot to change the screen color after screening the chick.

#8384 4 years ago

Not rare, defective. Those playfields should never have been installed. Many posts about it.

#8385 4 years ago

So has this color error been corrected or can I still wind up getting one of these playfields on a NIB SE order now?
Thanks..

#8386 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So has this color error been corrected or can I still wind up getting one or these playfields on a NIB SE order now?
Thanks..

Corrected - was a fluke.

#8387 4 years ago

Well, the jokes on me!
There are no AFM SE anywhere. Despite web sites showing that they have them in stock. Anyone know of anywhere that has them? Not interested in an original.

#8388 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So has this color error been corrected or can I still wind up getting one of these playfields on a NIB SE order now?
Thanks..

This was publicized after a LOT of machines had been shipped, so it's possible there are some NIB machines in warehouses or garages with one of these "nude" mistake playfields still in it. Good luck getting it handled under warranty if you're unlucky enough to get one.

#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This was publicized after a LOT of machines had been shipped, so it's possible there are some NIB machines in warehouses or garages with one of these "nude" mistake playfields still in it. Good luck getting it handled under warranty if you're unlucky enough to get one.

Maybe these flukes will be collectors one day? Like stamps with mistakes.

#8390 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Maybe these flukes will be collectors one day? Like stamps with mistakes.

Unlike, say, the rare hot pink Creature playfields which look AWESOME and are highly desirable as a result, this AfM nude color mistake is ugly and devalues the look IMO. Doubt it will ever be sought after.

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlike, say, the rare hot pink Creature playfields which look AWESOME and are highly desirable as a result, this AfM nude color mistake is ugly and devalues the look IMO. Doubt it will ever be sought after.

I've never seen and hot pink Creature playfield before!

#8392 4 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Has anyone besides me, ever asked Chicago Gaming if the smaller LED lighted saucers are available as a kit for the SE and the CE versions?
They did not respond, and I have not seen anywhere for this option, even an aftermarket like Bill Ung offered for the original design many years ago..

Hi all, I have maintained a small waiting list of (very patient!) folks interested in a mini-saucer LED kit for their AFMr. Today I posted an update, and it's on my website: www.ufopinball.com.

My apologies for having put this aside for so long. Life has been super busy, and some side projects took more time than I expected.

Note that this is mainly a work-in-progress, and I am looking for feedback from interested parties, so I hope this doesn't run afoul of forum rules. Nothing is for sale at this time.

Anyway, please check it out, and let me know what you think?

Thanks all,
Bill Ung

#8393 4 years ago

Looks pretty awesome! Looking forward to the kit/s for the CE remake. Any timeline on the availability?

#8394 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks pretty awesome! Looking forward to the kit/s for the CE remake. Any timeline on the availability?

Probably best to just read the webpage, but the hope is to be ready in 2020 ... however that may depend on how well we do at COVID-19 containment.

#8395 4 years ago

Just messing around with too much time. Tried white silicone slings out. Actually looks great. Going to keep it for a bit.

B9899E0B-5022-4E20-9A3E-70CFB30FE8F6 (resized).jpegB9899E0B-5022-4E20-9A3E-70CFB30FE8F6 (resized).jpeg746EAACD-FB80-48A3-B303-B5976D3F16F9 (resized).jpeg746EAACD-FB80-48A3-B303-B5976D3F16F9 (resized).jpeg
#8396 4 years ago

So I moved a couple weeks ago (perfect timing before Michigan went into stay at home) while packing up AFMLE, I found the 2.0 ROM in the coinbox. Thought I had installed it when it came a year ago. No instructions (my fault) to be found. Does it go on the main playfield board? I couldn't spot any other places to install it. How do you tell which side is up?

Thanks for the help!

#8397 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

So I moved a couple weeks ago (perfect timing before Michigan went into stay at home) while packing up AFMLE, I found the 2.0 ROM in the coinbox. Thought I had installed it when it came a year ago. No instructions (my fault) to be found. Does it go on the main playfield board? I couldn't spot any other places to install it. How do you tell which side is up?
Thanks for the help!

Is that the SOL 2 pic chip? SOL would mean solenoid driver.

Its the mandatory update to keep the driver board from getting damaged after making adjustments.

Please install it.

It goes in the solenoid board in the backbox.

#8398 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Does it go on the main playfield board? I couldn't spot any other places to install it. How do you tell which side is up?

In the backbox.

There is a notch on the end of the 2.0 IC, line it up with the notch silk screened on the driver board.

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG

#8399 4 years ago

As I mentioned a few posts back, I’m relatively new to the club.

What’s the most updated code version number?

#8400 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

What’s the most updated code version number?

Your game likely has it. Looks like 1.0.0

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars/update

Page 1-10 in the manual explains the CGC menu system. First screen in it has what software version is in your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/168?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.