pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 212.
#8301 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

New to the club today. Drove 6 hours round trip to pick this up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really nice!

#8302 4 years ago

New to the club today. Drove 6 hours round trip to pick this up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent! This will be a nice weekend huh! ... by the way, you’re very lucky, it looks amazing with those Art Blades man!

#8303 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yup! It’s black light reactive, glows very brightly. It’s a plastic so it can be lit from behind too... Looks sorta like mars tho right?

I like it! Good fit!

#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yup! It’s black light reactive, glows very brightly. It’s a plastic so it can be lit from behind too... Looks sorta like mars tho right?

Yes, I always thought it looked like mars... I have an original Space Invaders Arcade , so I immediately recognized it

#8305 4 years ago

Very cool, that was a short trip

might be careful with that window? Will the sunlight fade the afmr decals??

#8306 4 years ago

Outside of cliffys, are there any other spots that requires mylar protection.

Mine is arriving next week. Will join the club soon.

#8307 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Outside of cliffys, are there any other spots that requires mylar protection.
Mine is arriving next week. Will join the club soon.

I would say no, as the game comes heavily mylared. Then again, you could always go for one of these if you the type that likes to keep the plastic cover on the couch like my grandparents did: https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/lN4-cHuCAk6AeqrzPTFnIA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Attack%20from%20Mars%20(Remake)%20%7C%202017

#8308 4 years ago

Anyone know what I should price my AFMr SE at? I got it in a trade so not sure on value.

HUO, low plays, cliffy a set installed.

Don’t really want to sell but need funds for a move. Thanks for any help.

#8309 4 years ago

Price it at $6500-$6700 and go from there.

#8310 4 years ago

I just destroyed Mars for the first time. What's next, Ruler of the Universe? I wasn't sure how to continue. It looked like the drop target was available to hit, but when I did, I didn't see much going on. 16,500,000,000.

#8311 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just destroyed Mars for the first time. What's next, Ruler of the Universe? I wasn't sure how to continue. It looked like the drop target was available to hit, but when I did, I didn't see much going on. 16,500,000,000.

Make all the 6 criteria inserts light up.

Blue rule the universe nsert lights up. Make the scoop. Hit everything.

#8312 4 years ago

Even once you hit the sol scoop with blue rtu lit, you still have to score 3bil to complete rtu... You can do it down with tex

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Even once you hit the sol scoop with blue rtu lit, you still have to score 3bil to complete rtu... You can do it down with tex

Small correction, 5 billion. Not the hardest thing though...long ball saver and everything is lit for jackpots.

#8314 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Small correction, 5 billion. Not the hardest thing though...long ball saver and everything is lit for jackpots.

Good to know. In the 2 years I've owned the machine I've only been to that point 3 times and was too busy being bummed after all the steps to get blue lights that I still had to get points lol. It is definitely rewarding to see

#8315 4 years ago

Just acquired an LE last week. Super excited to have this in the lineup!

#8316 4 years ago
Quoted from am2apixie:

Just acquired an LE last week. Super excited to have this in the lineup!

What number did you got?... congratulations! and enjoy

#8317 4 years ago

A few months ago several of you purchased my RGB LED flipper button kits for your games. One feedback I received from a few users is that they wished they were brighter. The idea was maybe if the metal flipper button nut could be replaced with a clear one. Well, those aren't available anywhere I can find, but I have been testing several ideas with 3D printed versions. The best option I tested was to use clear PLA (prints translucent, not clear) to 3D print a much narrower nut that doesn't block the light. I ended up finding that a 1.5mm thick nut does the job quite well and produces the best improvement.

While there is definitely a noticeable brightness gain, it isn't what I would consider to be drastic. However, if anyone wishes to purchase a set of 2 then I will sell them for $5 including US postage - just PM me if interested.

In all of the side-by-side photos the button on the left is with my new 3D printed nut, and the one on the right is with the OEM metal nut. All phots were shot today at 4:00 with it being cloudy outside and the room blinds closed. I would say that the room is dim, but not dark. I used a digital SLR camera on a tripod set to manual mode so that all camera settings were identical for all photos.

IMG_3547.JPGIMG_3547.JPGred.jpgred.jpggreen.jpggreen.jpgblue.jpgblue.jpgpurple.jpgpurple.jpgyellow.jpgyellow.jpg
#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would say no, as the game comes heavily mylared. Then again, you could always go for one of these if you the type that likes to keep the plastic cover on the couch like my grandparents did: https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/lN4-cHuCAk6AeqrzPTFnIA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Attack%20from%20Mars%20(Remake)%20%7C%202017

..although some people are fans playfield protectors (kaneda etc), I'm not a fan of how it changes the flow & feel of the game. I would however be putting it on if I had a game on location to protect the playfield.

#8319 4 years ago

... super excited, my demo use only AFMr SE is arriving later today. Its my 2nd brian eddy game (i have the shadow). The mods I have ready are:

*cliffys
*pinstadium uv
*red under cabinet lighting
*red lighted buttons
*red lighted trough lighting
*mezelmods red/green scoop lighted mod
*sticker for the ufo 3 drop target.
*matching game blades for backboard and sides.

Mods yet to do:
*black gloss powdercoat of legs, side rails, hinge & lockdown.
*eat at eddys

Mods I am still undecided on:
*Big o jiggly Martians red eyes led
* red plasma pop bumpers

As the last two mods are a bit more expensive, has anyone else had any good or bad experiences with them on your AFMr? Are there any other mods I have missed that are worth getting?

#8320 4 years ago

..also - has anyone purchased this lighted apron mod? If so, Is it any good?

https://www.pinball-dreams.com/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/leucht-aprons/attack-from-mars.html
Screenshot_20200309-084710_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200309-084710_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#8321 4 years ago

Joined the club today. Stock SE, no mods as of yet.

Where should I start? What are the have to have mods? Best place to purchase said mods?

#8322 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Where should I start? What are the have to have mods? Best place to purchase said mods?

I would do a cliffy set, target decals, and an eat at eddy’s mod to start off if you have the funds.

#8324 4 years ago

RGB undercab lights are great, and easy to hookup. I just tied them to the speaker lights so they are all in sync. $10 for the RGD LED strip and a few bucks for connectors. Makes a world of difference.

#8325 4 years ago

My SE arrived today

20200310_004533 (resized).jpg20200310_004533 (resized).jpg
#8326 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

There is a spare USB port. Standard leds can use this without messing with the wiring and voiding warranty.

#8327 4 years ago

The shaker motor of my SE doesn't appear to either work or be on. Any tips?

#8328 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Please check in the CGC menu ( page 1-10 in your manual ) and see if it's turned on.

LTG : )

#8329 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

You checked all of the wiring to make sure nothing came loose in transport?

#8330 4 years ago

Looking for a trade for an AFM if anyone’s interested.

#8331 4 years ago

Looking for an AFM-LE. Must have topper and would love the green armor. Need it to be HUO and CQ. Thanks. Can buy or trade. Im in Atlanta.

#8332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It actually ended up CGC shipped an SE without the shaker motor, but I'm happy with how my distributor has handled the issue - with the replacement part etc.

20200311_214613 (resized).jpg20200311_214613 (resized).jpg
#8333 4 years ago

Maybe I've missed something but your translite is very different to that on my AFMLE...

#8334 4 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Maybe I've missed something but your translite is very different to that on my AFMLE...

A custom one advertised on Pinside :

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/attack-from-mars-alternative-backglass-limited-edition/

LTG : )

#8335 4 years ago

Correct. It might not be for everyone, but I'm very happy with buying it

#8336 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Quoted from Stuieb84:

It actually ended up CGC shipped an SE without the shaker motor, but I'm happy with how my distributor has handled the issue - with the replacement part etc.

So, something did come loose. So loose that the shaker completely fell out of the cabinet and box before it got to you. Happy to hear your distributor is taking care of it for you.

1 week later
#8337 4 years ago

Anyone see the movie, “Ad Astra”? AFM is in the first scene as Brad Pitt walks by it on his way out to work on a low space antenna.

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Anyone see the movie, “Ad Astra”? AFM is in the first scene as Brad Pitt walks by it on his way out to work on a low space antenna.

Read this and the next few posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-in-movies-or-tv-shows-name-a-game-you-have-seen-in-the-background/page/34#post-5222925

#8339 4 years ago

Nothing like me being 5 months behind. Is disco still a thing?!

#8340 4 years ago

hello - is it correct that the knocker doesn‘t knock when an extraball is received at the scoop?
in my mbr the knocker knocks when an extraball is won at the scoop.
best regards
ralf

#8341 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Nothing like me being 5 months behind. Is disco still a thing?!

There's so much content here all spread out that it's easy to do. Search tool is great, but even that sometimes fails you.

#8342 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hello - is it correct that the knocker doesn‘t knock when an extraball is received at the scoop?
in my mbr the knocker knocks when an extraball is won at the scoop.
best regards
ralf

I have an LE, and I don't think it does (I'm having a hard time remembering). I know there is the crunch sound of the ball hitting the Martian in the head with a simultaneous shaker event, but I don't believe the knocker fires.

BTW, AFMr has by far the loudest knocker of my three games. It's really funny to watch company jump out of their socks when a high score or match occurs at the end of the game.

Added over 4 years ago:

It does not knock when you hit the scoop to earn extra ball, but it does knock when you score an extra ball during play.

#8343 4 years ago

I recently saw where someone used an LED strip on their backbox to cast light onto the wall behind the head. I liked the idea, so I used some of the leftover elements I had from my interactive LED flipper buttons, tied into the existing line, and I really like the results. Was hard to get a GIF compressed enough to post, but I think they convey the difference well enough.

Before (no backbox LED strip)
AFMr_Before.gifAFMr_Before.gif

After (with interactive backbox LED strip)
AFMr_After.gifAFMr_After.gif

#8344 4 years ago

I heard a rumor that ATM remake might end production soon? What do you guys make of this? I may have to buy one soon if so.

Anyone in Michigan want to sell their SE?

Added over 4 years ago:

I mean AFT.

Added over 4 years ago:

I mean AFM dammit!

#8345 4 years ago

Relatively new to the party and love my AfM Se.

Problem i was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and any suggestion on a fix. 10-20% of the time the ball comes down the right wire form toward the right flipper, the ball is traveling so fast and with so much force that it flies off the ramp and either into the drain or completely over the flippers to a middle drain.

It’s almost as if the wire ramp isn’t deep enough to keep the ball on the ramp.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Any suggested solution?

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Added yesterday: I mean AFT.

Added yesterday: I mean AFM dammit!

Hahahahahaha lol

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I heard a rumor that ATM remake

The LE comes with a Wad of Bills topper and Cash dispenser instead of a coin door

#8347 4 years ago

Lately every time I play Attack From Mars I feel like I’m playing Attack from Corona Virus. Especially when I get to Italy, “get out of here you stinking Martians”.

Just feels right for the situation.

#8348 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Relatively new to the party and love my AfM Se.
Problem i was wondering if anyone had a similar situation and any suggestion on a fix. 10-20% of the time the ball comes down the right wire form toward the right flipper, the ball is traveling so fast and with so much force that it flies off the ramp and either into the drain or completely over the flippers to a middle drain.
It’s almost as if the wire ramp isn’t deep enough to keep the ball on the ramp.
Anyone else ever experienced this? Any suggested solution?

I had a similar issue with my LE when I got it (second owner). I just loosened the nut and adjusted their position a little - problem solved.

#8349 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just loosened the nut and adjusted their position a little - problem solved.

Would you mind adding a pic or describing nut location that did the trick?

#8350 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Would you mind adding a pic or describing nut location that did the trick?

Loosen the nut securing the wireframe to the sling plastic then you can adjust the left/tight position of where the exit is positioned over the lane. My guess is that you need to move it in towards the center a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/167?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.