IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 211.
#8251 4 years ago

Players view.

82CAFFB8-F154-450E-ACD6-E280627CDD35 (resized).jpeg82CAFFB8-F154-450E-ACD6-E280627CDD35 (resized).jpeg
#8252 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So tempted to pickup that Brian Allen translite.

I put the acrylic one in mine and looks great.
Can swap later into a lit frame as well.
He did a great job

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I put the acrylic one in mine and looks great.
Can swap later into a lit frame as well.
He did a great job

We still have some of the acrylics left...let Brian or myself know if you are interested

#8254 4 years ago

I could not find a topper that I like so I made my own. I have the led lights change between green and red.

IMG_2362 (resized).jpegIMG_2362 (resized).jpeg
#8255 4 years ago

Wow, the backboard was a beast to remove. I sincerely hope I can figure out where all of the nuts, bolts, and brackets go to put it all back together.

I just finished printing the vinyl (doing it in two pages since you won't be able to see the seem), now I need to laminate, cut, and apply - wish me luck.
IMG_3459.JPGIMG_3459.JPGIMG_3460.JPGIMG_3460.JPG

Just finished applying the decals, and board is finished. Tomorrow is the re-install.

IMG_3461.JPGIMG_3461.JPG
#8256 4 years ago

I'm joining the club. Just ordered and paid for a demo only SE of Attack from Mars. Should arrive in about a week

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wow, the backboard was a beast to remove. I sincerely hope I can figure out where all of the nuts, bolts, and brackets go to put it all back together.
I just finished printing the vinyl (doing it in two pages since you won't be able to see the seem), now I need to laminate, cut, and apply - wish me luck.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Just finished applying the decals, and board is finished. Tomorrow is the re-install.[quoted image]

Nice work, can't wait to see the finished product

#8258 4 years ago

I got it all put back together, and I really like the results of the new backboard graphic.

IMG_3468.JPGIMG_3468.JPGIMG_3467.JPGIMG_3467.JPGIMG_3466.JPGIMG_3466.JPG
#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I got it all put back together, and I really like the results of the new backboard graphic.

As usual you do fantastic work, nice job!

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I got it all put back together, and I really like the results of the new backboard graphic.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks way cool!

#8261 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Nice work, can't wait to see the finished product

Quoted from Red_Devils:

As usual you do fantastic work, nice job!

Thanks. I'm just glad I figured out where all the brackets, screws, and nuts went when I was putting it back together. I made the mistake of not taking any photos, but the more I started tearing things apart, I just kept having to remove stuff to get to where I needed.

BTW, if anyone else decides to undertake such an adventure, I'm happy to share what I learned as far as the removal process goes. The main place I messed up is not realizing there are 5 screws coming up from the bottom of the playfield to secure the backboard in addition to the left and right brackets accessible from the top. I had everything broken down with all the hardware laying on a towel in the playfield when I decided to feel underneath for screw holes (which I found) when the board wouldn't budge after I released the two brackets. I had to carefully relocate all of the parts on the towel and gently rock the playfield up making sure none of the stuff hanging loose caused any damage. If I had to do it again, I would obviously remove these 5 screws from the underside first, do all the work, then replace the 5 screws at the finish.

#8263 4 years ago

The speaker panel is tightly installed, not loose. Probably not much they can do with it but should I report it to my distributor anyway?
Anyone else have this "gap" between their speaker panel and the head? This is my first "NIB" pin. It is an SE model.
I'm a Gottlieb EM, System one guy so go easy on me
Besides ordering the Cliffies, any other things I should do for protecting the playfield?
Thanks.

IMG_20200222_173710378 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_173710378 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_173719263 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_173719263 (resized).jpg
#8264 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Anyone else have this "gap" between their speaker panel and the head?

Slide it over to the left a little so it's the same on both sides. Yes, there is a tiny gap on both sides.

LTG : )

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is an inexpensive mod that I’m really happy with the results. I ordered a metal glass channel from Mantis Pinball and had robertstone0407 powdercoat it to match the le color scheme.[quoted image][quoted image]

Was this done to Eliminate the rattling?

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

The speaker panel is tightly installed, not loose. Probably not much they can do with it but should I report it to my distributor anyway?
Anyone else have this "gap" between their speaker panel and the head? This is my first "NIB" pin. It is an SE model.
I'm a Gottlieb EM, System one guy so go easy on me
Besides ordering the Cliffies, any other things I should do for protecting the playfield?
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, there is a gap, so you just need to manually center the panel.

Also, if you have rattle during game play, here is my solution: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151#post-5253223

#8267 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slide it over to the left a little so it's the same on both sides. Yes, there is a tiny gap on both sides.

Thanks, will adjust

#8268 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, there is a gap, so you just need to manually center the panel.
Also, if you have rattle during game play, here is my solution: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151#post-5253223

Thanks for the help

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just saw this on ebay: ebay.com link » Attack From Mars Pinball Machine Remake Poster Original 17 By 11 Inches

The bids accurately reflect the value at this point.

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The bids accurately reflect the value at this point.

Can't you ask Joe at Pinball Star for a free one ?

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Was this done to Eliminate the rattling?

no, purely aesthetic.

#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn’t most dealers have some of these?

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are you serious about this or some kind of tongue in cheek, because I'll ask for one and reference you?

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Shouldn’t most dealers have some of these?

His logo is in the middle, so he probably made them. I doubt other distributors would advertise for him.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you serious about this or some kind of tongue in cheek, because I'll ask for one and reference you?

I am serious. His logo is in the middle. You can mention me. But Richiewrench would get you more action.

#8275 4 years ago

I’m installing the Cliffy’s SOL protector and I’m having a tough time getting the post out. I tried tapping it from behind with a hammer and twisting it with some vice grips. Nothing doing. Any advice?

#8276 4 years ago
Quoted from Erich0:

I’m installing the Cliffy’s SOL protector and I’m having a tough time getting the post out. I tried tapping it from behind with a hammer and twisting it with some vice grips. Nothing doing. Any advice?

I just did it. I put a screwdriver on it and tapped the end of the screwdriver. Not very technical but it worked for me. I would recommend light taps to avoid the post ripping off any wood or clear. Take it slow.

#8277 4 years ago

Not sure if everyone caught it or not, but Mick is having a sale on the big-o-jiggly martians right now. Buy 3 get the 4th free! It goes for both the lit and non lit!
https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on

#8278 4 years ago
Quoted from Erich0:

It is dangerous to tap it straight out from below because there is a risk of damaging the playfield around the hole, like spalling a big chip out of the plywood.

If you can, put steady pressure on the bottom of the post upwards from underneath while turning the post counterclockwise from above.

Basically unscrewing it from the wood hole with upwards pressure from below.

RM

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It is dangerous to tap it straight out from below because there is a risk of damaging the playfield around the hole, like spalling a big chip out of the plywood.
If you can, put steady pressure on the bottom of the post upwards from underneath while turning the post counterclockwise from above.
Basically unscrewing it from the wood hole with upwards pressure from below.
RM

Sounds like you need a Martian number of arms to do that.

#8280 4 years ago

I was talking about the pinball flyer only. I think all the distributors should include a flyer with each game that is bought NIB.

#8281 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Sounds like you need a Martian number of arms to do that.

Yeah, LOL.

Playfield upright
Wooden dowel in left hand pushing up on bottom of post
Pliers in right hand turning top of post CCW
PITA, yes, but doable
Two people might help

RM

#8282 4 years ago

I used a punch tool from the bottom side (forget the size, but essentially the same as the hole). A few light and gentle taps and it was ready to pull from the top side.

#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

His logo is in the middle, so he probably made them. I doubt other distributors would advertise for him.

I am serious. His logo is in the middle. You can mention me. But Richiewrench would get you more action.

So I contacted Joe via email, and he seems like a really class guy based upon our communications. He doesn't think he has any posters left, but told me he would look and if he was able to find one then he was happy to send it to me.

He also expressed disappointment that somebody was trying to profit from the posters he gave away for free. He wasn't concerned about himself, rather, he felt like the seller was taking advantage of others by doing so.

I don't know that I will ever have an opportunity to do business with Pinball Star, but if the company espouses the values and attitude towards people that Joe does then I would happily go out of my way to purchase from them.

#8284 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix to keep the glass from rattling? The side rails appear to be the culprit. It’s annoying as all hell

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Anyone have a fix to keep the glass from rattling? The side rails appear to be the culprit. It’s annoying as all hell

I ran a couple strips of electrical tape down the edges. Solves the rattling and makes it more comfortable to remove the glass as well.

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

This is what I use. Works pretty well. https://flipperfidelity.com/sound/anti-rattle-tape/

#8287 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

When I first got my SE, one of the side rails on my machine was not fastened properly from the factory and ratting like crazy. I removed it, and reattached it with 3M two sided tape and the rattling went away completely.

#8288 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Hi PinLen83. I had huge issues with rattles with my NIB AFM ‘Special’ and in the end worked out they were coming from the plastic trims the glass slides into. Those plastic trims slot into ‘slots’ that run along each side of the cabinet. I ended up removing the staples holding the plastic trim, running a slightly rubberised adhesive tape along the edge of the cabinet, both sides, then cutting the middle of tape with a craft knife so the trim could still slot back in but being held firmly. I then drilled thru the trim creating pilot holes into the cabinet, screwing the trim down at 100mm intervals. Then ran the same tape along the top of the plastic trim so there is no possibility of vibration between it and the underside of the stainless trim. Finally some electrical tape along the top edge of the glass and all is finally quiet! Here are some photos...

0798CAC8-1627-4B26-BC97-37E4DCE9B767 (resized).jpeg0798CAC8-1627-4B26-BC97-37E4DCE9B767 (resized).jpegF8642BD4-FB07-4957-8126-E114FFBC06FF (resized).jpegF8642BD4-FB07-4957-8126-E114FFBC06FF (resized).jpeg6AB257A0-EFC9-42E1-802E-559A462DB607 (resized).jpeg6AB257A0-EFC9-42E1-802E-559A462DB607 (resized).jpeg19A7BAB4-92AA-4E9C-8E4B-713EC219303A (resized).jpeg19A7BAB4-92AA-4E9C-8E4B-713EC219303A (resized).jpeg3792F11B-4BDB-430E-8664-EBC9492020FA (resized).jpeg3792F11B-4BDB-430E-8664-EBC9492020FA (resized).jpeg
#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hi PinLen83. I had huge issues with rattles with my NIB AFM ‘Special’ and in the end worked out they were coming from the plastic trims the glass slides into. Those plastic trims slot into ‘slots’ that run along each side of the cabinet. I ended up removing the staples holding the plastic trim, running a slightly rubberised adhesive tape along the edge of the cabinet, both sides, then cutting the middle of tape with a craft knife so the trim could still slot back in but being held firmly. I then drilled thru the trim creating pilot holes into the cabinet, screwing the trim down at 100mm intervals. Then ran the same tape along the top of the plastic trim so there is no possibility of vibration between it and the underside of the stainless trim. Finally some electrical tape along the top edge of the glass and all is finally quiet! Here are some photos...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the instructions! It’s been killing me for the longest time

#8290 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hi PinLen83. I had huge issues with rattles with my NIB AFM ‘Special’ and in the end worked out they were coming from the plastic trims the glass slides into. Those plastic trims slot into ‘slots’ that run along each side of the cabinet. I ended up removing the staples holding the plastic trim, running a slightly rubberised adhesive tape along the edge of the cabinet, both sides, then cutting the middle of tape with a craft knife so the trim could still slot back in but being held firmly. I then drilled thru the trim creating pilot holes into the cabinet, screwing the trim down at 100mm intervals. Then ran the same tape along the top of the plastic trim so there is no possibility of vibration between it and the underside of the stainless trim. Finally some electrical tape along the top edge of the glass and all is finally quiet! Here are some photos...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like it will definitely cover it. A few strips of electrical tape on the edge of the glass also solve the issue. I haven't had any more issues since doing this several months ago.

#8291 4 years ago

Yeah. I did the electrical tape thing on the glass first and it made NO difference in my case. I even doubled up the tape! Very frustrating and to quote PinLen83, "... It’s been killing me for the longest time." It was so bad I fell out of love with the game! Then I had some great 'practical' advice from my Australian Distributor Mr Pinball and that really helped me sort it. I am back 'in love', one of the best pinball machines. Roll on my MMR 'Royal'!

#8292 4 years ago

Hi - I wanted to share these videos for people curious how I drew my Attack From Mars alternate Translite and Backglass. We've sold over half of the LE backglasses, and a ton of Translites. THANK YOU!!!
If you're interested in one, please check them out in my shop:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

Inking the linework Video:

Speed Coloring Video:

Attack-From-Mars-14x20-Print-Preview (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-14x20-Print-Preview (resized).jpg
#8293 4 years ago

Finally joined the club with an SE. Have only played the original, but enjoying the bigger screen in color. A true classic and am very happy to have one!

AFM unboxing (resized).jpgAFM unboxing (resized).jpg
#8294 4 years ago

Ahh that new pin smell or is that martian? Either way congratulations on the game.

#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from greg92867:

Finally joined the club with an SE. Have only played the original, but enjoying the bigger screen in color. A true classic and am very happy to have one![quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#8296 4 years ago

Big thanks to Mr_Tantrum his little Martian stands are a perfect addition to my custom topper! In process of painting the rest w/ uv. It’s got uv led’s in the front and the rear is interactively tied into the speaker lights
E1B1C1D8-7AFF-41F6-AECA-EBB578982FB7 (resized).jpegE1B1C1D8-7AFF-41F6-AECA-EBB578982FB7 (resized).jpeg
03A00A49-F51E-498B-986C-2291C7497880 (resized).jpeg03A00A49-F51E-498B-986C-2291C7497880 (resized).jpeg

#8297 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Big thanks to mr_tantrum his little Martian stands are a perfect addition to my custom topper! In process of painting the rest w/ uv. It’s got uv led’s in the front and the rear is interactively tied into the speaker lights
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nothing quite like the feeling you get from sticking a skewer up the backside of a Martian.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Big thanks to mr_tantrum his little Martian stands are a perfect addition to my custom topper! In process of painting the rest w/ uv. It’s got uv led’s in the front and the rear is interactively tied into the speaker lights
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The space invaders arcade planet? Very cool

#8299 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The space invaders arcade planet? Very cool

Yup! It’s black light reactive, glows very brightly. It’s a plastic so it can be lit from behind too... Looks sorta like mars tho right?

#8300 4 years ago

New to the club today. Drove 6 hours round trip to pick this up.

79DEC852-F047-4C03-BB63-C18CEE737527 (resized).jpeg79DEC852-F047-4C03-BB63-C18CEE737527 (resized).jpeg5180DE31-BAE6-4D91-8F2F-ED9C42B05AF5 (resized).jpeg5180DE31-BAE6-4D91-8F2F-ED9C42B05AF5 (resized).jpegF372205E-898A-4968-AA36-2DCD3062D6CC (resized).jpegF372205E-898A-4968-AA36-2DCD3062D6CC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/166?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.