pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 212.
#8201 4 years ago

I've had my AFM SE for 6 months and there is hardly any dimpling at all. Did I get lucky? I'm just curious if this is the norm. My new Sterns are just the opposite.

#8202 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've had my AFM SE for 6 months and there is hardly any dimpling at all. Did I get lucky? I'm just curious if this is the norm. My new Sterns are just the opposite.

I think you got lucky. My game dimpled a lot.

#8203 4 years ago

Woohoo... Joined the club today! It's being pin-sat for a week or two until I can make some space but damn it's pretty. And an absolute blast to play!

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have a 1 year old SE and it has a normal amount of dimples. Nothing that stands out or bothers me.

#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Woohoo... Joined the club today! It's being pin-sat for a week or two until I can make some space but damn it's pretty. And an absolute blast to play![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

#8206 4 years ago

What’s a good place to order plastic protectors from?

#8207 4 years ago

Number 741 in the house. Bought from first owner, very pleased with it!

IMG_20200207_125620493 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_125620493 (resized).jpg
#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Number 741 in the house. Bought from first owner, very pleased with it!

You may want to check under MB, Looks like you may have a Frankenstein infestation!

#8209 4 years ago

Lol. Yeppers! Dracula comes out again in October...I like those things for some reason....

#8210 4 years ago

Awesome game its the best topper ever

#8211 4 years ago

Number 741 in the house. Bought from first owner, very pleased with it![quoted image]

I like the framed translites. Are those DIY with actual reproduction prints?

#8212 4 years ago

Yes. They're actual translites/back glasses. So many cool ones out for these games...3D, alternative, mirrored.....

I like the mirrored style in the cabs....so I took the originals out and installed those.

Figured to take a frame and let them be seen on the wall instead of a pile in the basement.

#8213 4 years ago

Number 741 in the house. Bought from first owner, very pleased with it![quoted image]

That Monster Bash LE looks amazing besides your AFMR LE... congratulations!

#8214 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What’s a good place to order plastic protectors from?

Pinbits has the clear and fluorescent colored plastic protectors.

#8215 4 years ago

I have owned my AFMrLE for two years, and today is the first time that I got the cow attack video mode.
Does anybody know what the criteria is to start the cow attack video mode?
I do normally hit the launch button rapidly after a cow appears on a big old beam ramp shot…....Just because I like to hear the cow sound repeatedly. Thinking this is tied into the cow video mode, but not sure.

#8216 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

I have owned my AFMrLE for two years, and today is the first time that I got the cow attack video mode.
Does anybody know what the criteria is to start the cow attack video mode?
I do normally hit the launch button rapidly after a cow appears on a big old beam ramp shot…....Just because I like to hear the cow sound repeatedly. Thinking this is tied into the cow video mode, but not sure.

I suggest you read this: http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars.html

...There is also a way to turn the flying saucers into cows! To do it you have to get the cow off of the big-o-beam and the tractor beam and while it is showing the animation of the cow hit the launch button (you will hear a strange noise if you do it right). If you get video mode after doing this it will change video mode into a sort of "Attack From the Pasture!"

#8217 4 years ago

Ship and and SOL cliffys installed. Now just gotta figure out these other 3.
4A9EE407-6E5E-44E5-AAD5-076AD24AFCD8 (resized).jpeg4A9EE407-6E5E-44E5-AAD5-076AD24AFCD8 (resized).jpegF4920267-4D80-499A-AA47-1D6AF6A96BD2 (resized).jpegF4920267-4D80-499A-AA47-1D6AF6A96BD2 (resized).jpeg
64FC354D-8340-4191-A46E-23BF6587B248 (resized).jpeg64FC354D-8340-4191-A46E-23BF6587B248 (resized).jpeg

#8218 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I suggest you read this: http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars.html
...There is also a way to turn the flying saucers into cows! To do it you have to get the cow off of the big-o-beam and the tractor beam and while it is showing the animation of the cow hit the launch button (you will hear a strange noise if you do it right). If you get video mode after doing this it will change video mode into a sort of "Attack From the Pasture!"

Thanks. It was in fact the “Attack from the Pasture” mode that I was playing. Entertaining to say the least.

#8219 4 years ago

No doubt a biased thread here, but I’m hoping for some relatively objective commentary on why AFMLE is definitively the better game over MBRLE, especially in relation to my collection.

I purchased the MB NIB and loved it (very nostalgic pin for me), but since picking up a JP have barely played it. And only will when mates come around. The gameplay just isn’t catching my attention as much as JP. That said, last night I had a ball on it. It seems a very all or nothing kinda pin. Lining everything up can be extremely lucrative and fun, but typically (maybe it’s my skill set) it’s a bit of a let down.

I’ve got a fairly small collection:
1x Classic Stern - Quicksilver
1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP

For variety’s sake I like different eras so I want a DMD, but I want a game that has that “one more game feeling” something that doesn’t get old (yeah I know that’s not completely possible). I could play either of QS, WW, FH & JP all day. MB I’d struggle.

So last weekend I picked up a AFMLE thinking it may fill the DMD era void. It fills the fast paced genre that I typically go for, but fear it’s honeymoon period may also be limited.

I’ve given myself a month to decide as financially having 2 LE remakes isn’t viable.

Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

#8220 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

No one can answer except you. I never understood the premise of asking this question. How can I or anyone else tell you what only you can know. Many people own both and love them. Many people own one or the other and love the game. You have both of them in front of you. Some people don't have that luxury. Play your games and decide on your own. Enjoy!!!!

#8221 4 years ago

No doubt a biased thread here, but I’m hoping for some relatively objective commentary on why AFMLE is definitively the better game over MBRLE, especially in relation to my collection.
I purchased the MB NIB and loved it (very nostalgic pin for me), but since picking up a JP have barely played it. And only will when mates come around. The gameplay just isn’t catching my attention as much as JP. That said, last night I had a ball on it. It seems a very all or nothing kinda pin. Lining everything up can be extremely lucrative and fun, but typically (maybe it’s my skill set) it’s a bit of a let down.
1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP
For variety’s sake I like different eras so I want a DMD, but I want a game that has that “one more game feeling” something that doesn’t get old (yeah I know that’s not completely possible). I could play either of QS, WW, FH & JP all day. MB I’d struggle.
So last weekend I picked up a AFMLE thinking it may fill the DMD era void. It fills the fast paced genre that I typically go for, but fear it’s honeymoon period may also be limited.
I’ve given myself a month to decide as financially having 2 LE remakes isn’t viable.

MM is an amazing journey with smart and funny callouts.

A must have in any collection.

AFM or AFMr is pure pinball.
Funny, challenging and always surprising.

Shorter ball times than MM for sure.

In the long run MM can be tamed, AFM not so much.

So i think thats why AFM has better staying power in most collections.

I have a MM and its not in my lineup, its in storage. But my AFMr is staying put.

#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have a MM and its not in my lineup, its in storage. But my AFMr is staying put.

He has and is asking about MB not MM.

If you have MM in storage you are a lucky pinballer

#8223 4 years ago

1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP

I bought a MB CE NiB last year and it didn’t click at all, with anyone in the house. It’s gone.

I bought an AFMr SE a few weeks ago and it is clicking with everyone so far.

Take it for what it’s worth.

#8224 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like both, but monster bash is better. It's fun and it's toys and theme are amoung the best

#8225 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I like both, but monster bash is better. It's fun and it's toys and theme are amoung the best

MB is a great game, this is without a doubt!
But for better players its too easy to finish. Then its like chopping wood...

#8226 4 years ago

My AFMrSE is probably the most played game in my collection, just because it is that much fun and doesn't really get old. The MBrLE is still getting quite a bit of play since it is still new to us. The light show is amazing on it, and the playfield, toys are beautiful, callouts and music are great. I do see it starting to lose its attraction since it is relatively easy to get far, but AFM isn't really a huge challenge to get through Attack Mars - though Rule the Universe can be a challenge and is still highly rewarding when someone gets through it.

If I had to choose between AFMr and MBr - I'd probably keep the AFMr just because it has more staying power.

#8227 4 years ago

I find asking such subjective questions pretty cringe worthy, but appreciate your earnest replies. Thank you. Sadly they won’t be next to each other till I can shift my Whirlwind, I suppose that will being the best comparison.

#8228 4 years ago

Hi guys, recently put 50+ games onto a AFMR - hitting stroke of luck several times per game - but it has never started video mode.
Am I doing something wrong?, or is this standard?

#8229 4 years ago

You have to complete super pops first, so many hits on the bumpers, then it will be awarded at the SOL scoop.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You have to complete super pops first, then it will be awarded at the SOL scoop.

Thank you!

#8231 4 years ago
Quoted from Valentino46:

Hi guys, recently put 50+ games onto a AFMR - hitting stroke of luck several times per game - but it has never started video mode.
Am I doing something wrong?, or is this standard?

Congrats on your AFMr Valentino, can’t help you with the video mode sorry. Fingers crossed you can Rule The Universe before your AFM is confiscated Don’t you dare think about putting your name on that high score list

#8232 4 years ago

Congrats on your AFMr Valentino, can’t help you with the video mode sorry. Fingers crossed you can Rule The Universe before your AFM is confiscated Don’t you dare think about putting your name on that high score list

Thank you for your words of encouragement FlynnyFalcon.
It's only a matter of time!

#8233 4 years ago

1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP

I'm late to your post, but here's another Aussies perspective..
my Collection is almost about the same size, and spread of era's as yours,.. PinBot, BOP, AFMr LE, BM66, TAG,... all have their attractions (and detractors),.. I played AFMr at Pincadia over several months,. and walked out feeling I just had to have it,.. so it was a buy ,... played MB there several times as well,.. and,.. no love ,.. looks great,.. but I moved on to play a JP, and the BK,.. which was fantastic,... AFMR just assaults and harrasses you with clever ideas and callouts, and that "just one more go" layout coz you know you can do better than the last game. The LE Topper is effectively a 2nd shaker motor when everything gets going. Bottom line,.. when the missus and I discussed going back to live in NZ,.. she said the AFMr and BM66 had to come with us,.. everything else she could live without (I can't tho),.. may be the answer is..which one springs to mind first when you think about which one you'd miss if it wasn't there,.. likely that first thought is your answer... go AFM !!

#8234 4 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I'm late to your post, but here's another Aussies perspective..
my Collection is almost about the same size, and spread of era's as yours,.. PinBot, BOP, AFMr LE, BM66, TAG,... all have their attractions (and detractors),.. I played AFMr at Pincadia over several months,. and walked out feeling I just had to have it,.. so it was a buy ,... played MB there several times as well,.. and,.. no love ,.. looks great,.. but I moved on to play a JP, and the BK,.. which was fantastic,... AFMR just assaults and harrasses you with clever ideas and callouts, and that "just one more go" layout coz you know you can do better than the last game. The LE Topper is effectively a 2nd shaker motor when everything gets going. Bottom line,.. when the missus and I discussed going back to live in NZ,.. she said the AFMr and BM66 had to come with us,.. everything else she could live without (I can't tho),.. may be the answer is..which one springs to mind first when you think about which one you'd miss if it wasn't there,.. likely that first thought is your answer... go AFM !!

Appreciate the words

#8235 4 years ago

Anyone looking to move on from their AFMr SE within a few hours driving of Washington, D.C.?

#8236 4 years ago

Was able to bring my AFM home today. Looks awesome lined up next to the other 2. Now to see which lasts, MB or AFM, I’ve given myself a month... maybe 2

FDB798D9-8A86-492E-BFAC-9656BD9D2842 (resized).jpegFDB798D9-8A86-492E-BFAC-9656BD9D2842 (resized).jpeg
#8237 4 years ago

torch that funhouse and get AFMR

#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

torch that funhouse and get AFMR

Funhouse along with JP would be the very last to go in my collection.

#8239 4 years ago

Was able to bring my AFM home today. Looks awesome lined up next to the other 2. Now to see which lasts, MB or AFM, I’ve given myself a month... maybe 2[quoted image]

Having gone through this myself, AFMr is still here and MBr has moved on.

#8240 4 years ago

I thank the folks above posting about owning both MB with AFM. Having AFM for over a year now and MM just added a couple of months ago, I was wondering if MB could be added also?? But it seems that MB is mostly chosen as number 3 of those 3. But not saying MB should not up as a top game for sure.

For me AFM > MM so far, but I can’t see ever selling either.

#8241 4 years ago

One shot away from rule the universe. One freaken shot and I blew it (and there was an extra ball waiting in the sol). I’ve never beaten a wizard mode. What do you do, come on here and let off some frustration. One freaken shot.

#8242 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

One shot away from rule the universe. One freaken shot and I blew it (and there was an extra ball waiting in the sol). I’ve never beaten a wizard mode. What do you do, come on here and let off some frustration. One freaken shot.

You’ll get it. For what it’s worth I’ve never beaten it either. You’ve inspired me to go downstairs and try though.

#8243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You’ll get it. For what it’s worth I’ve never beaten it either. You’ve inspired me to go downstairs and try though.

Give it a go.
I’m so disgusted sitting here. I’m not that good. Maybe one in fifty games everything goes good. Don’t even want to look at the game and I love it. Fn martians. GL

#8244 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Give it a go.
I’m so disgusted sitting here. I’m not that good. Maybe one in fifty games everything goes good. Don’t even want to look at the game and I love it. Fn martians. GL

Whoa, I don’t know if you inspired me or what but just had my best game! *disclaimer: I’m not that good either.

New GC score. Mars defeated. Only a Super Jackpot away from Rule the Universe.

3F3477CD-6427-427C-8262-CD65EBE0768A (resized).jpeg3F3477CD-6427-427C-8262-CD65EBE0768A (resized).jpegA6C486EA-7726-435F-AB0C-8832B08C794C (resized).jpegA6C486EA-7726-435F-AB0C-8832B08C794C (resized).jpegAD63D9CD-6CBE-42EF-BBC8-1284212313A7 (resized).jpegAD63D9CD-6CBE-42EF-BBC8-1284212313A7 (resized).jpegAF42E9A8-0D0D-43DD-85F2-975C5E375E60 (resized).jpegAF42E9A8-0D0D-43DD-85F2-975C5E375E60 (resized).jpeg
#8245 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Whoa, I don’t know if you inspired me or what but just had my best game! *disclaimer: I’m not that good either.
New GC score. Mars defeated. Only a Super Jackpot away from Rule the Universe.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!

#8246 4 years ago

Wow!! Great job. That is amazing. I wish I had another game in your collection I could try. Excellent!

#8247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

New GC score. Mars defeated. Only a Super Jackpot away from Rule the Universe.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!! You are way ahead of me.

#8248 4 years ago

Here is an inexpensive mod that I’m really happy with the results. I ordered a metal glass channel from Mantis Pinball and had Robertstone0407 powdercoat it to match the le color scheme.

7092CEDF-9421-45B0-8937-1046AE0A1B9B (resized).jpeg7092CEDF-9421-45B0-8937-1046AE0A1B9B (resized).jpeg27DD2A3E-5B27-4662-91D9-8F39812297EB (resized).jpeg27DD2A3E-5B27-4662-91D9-8F39812297EB (resized).jpeg
#8249 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is an inexpensive mod that I’m really happy with the results. I ordered a metal glass channel from Mantis Pinball and had robertstone0407 powdercoat it to match the le color scheme.[quoted image][quoted image]

I love it! I'm Martian green with envy.

#8250 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is an inexpensive mod that I’m really happy with the results. I ordered a metal glass channel from Mantis Pinball and had robertstone0407 powdercoat it to match the le color scheme.[quoted image][quoted image]

So tempted to pickup that Brian Allen translite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/165?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.