IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 211.
#8151 4 years ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion to mute the bright light shining through the legs of the top left martian?

Okay, I'm barely 6'3" and have never noticed it until now. If I stand at my normal position (fairly close to the pin and upright) then the light is blocked. However, if I move back slightly or bend over slightly, the light is blinding. Not sure how much shorter you would need to be for it not to be an issue, but I'm guessing that anyone plus or minus a few inches from 6' tall would have the issue.

My normal viewing angle.
IMG_3358 (resized).JPGIMG_3358 (resized).JPG

Slightly back from the pin and/or slightly leaning over.
IMG_3357 (resized).JPGIMG_3357 (resized).JPG

#8152 4 years ago

I'm just shy of 6' tall and that's exactly what I see.

#8153 4 years ago

5'8" here. Definite crotch light.

#8154 4 years ago

Also 6'3" and never noticed this..... but now that you guys have brought it up, I'm sure I'll see it and never be able to unsee it. Thanks

#8155 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Also 6'3" and never noticed this..... but now that you guys have brought it up, I'm sure I'll see it and never be able to unsee it. Thanks

Kind of like that stupid "dick-beard" on Gandalf.....

#8156 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

At least you have a choice to unsee it.

#8157 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Bought an SE and brought it home with my daughter! Loving it so far!!

20200126_154341 (resized).jpg20200126_154341 (resized).jpg20200126_210258 (resized).jpg20200126_210258 (resized).jpg
#8158 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

5'8" here. Definite crotch light.

Quoted from okgrak:

I'm sure I'll see it and never be able to unsee it.

Mod maker alert. Skirts for Martians.

LTG : )

#8159 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Joined the club yesterday! Bought an SE and brought it home with my daughter! Loving it so far!![quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

#8160 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mod maker alert. Skirts for Martians.

Grass Hula skirts!

Or cool loin cloths ala Avatar!

Im in, take my money !

#8161 4 years ago

Have a new never installed “Eat At Eddy’s” building mod for sale. Bought it but changed my mind about installing it. $110 shipped in the US, save over $20 from Mezel or Cointaker. Can be used on the remake or the original from my understanding.
E2E8219F-F818-4F25-99D0-3D198E1198DB (resized).jpegE2E8219F-F818-4F25-99D0-3D198E1198DB (resized).jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: sold

#8162 4 years ago

AFM-1569 is no longer homeless.

AFMr (resized).jpgAFMr (resized).jpg
#8163 4 years ago
Quoted from flwindsurf:

AFM-1569 is no longer homeless.[quoted image]

Nice! Congrats! I am in South Florida, any suggestion on where to buy a new SE, LE or good used SE or LE? Also, which model do people seem to lean toward and why...? Thx in advance.

#8164 4 years ago

Classic Game Rooms has been great for me....AFMr SE shipped from Georgia back to Chicago in perfect condition, fair price and great communication..

#8165 4 years ago

I played an original AFM with the 1.1 rom and tournament mode.

I really want the 1.1 Rom on my game now. Anyone spoke to CGC about this?

#8166 4 years ago

What’s the difference between 1.0 and 1.1?

#8167 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

#8168 4 years ago

Ha ha! Nice one!

#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was going to type the same response, but didn’t want people thinking I was a smart@$$ (not saying you are, of course).

#8170 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was going to type the same response, but didn’t want people thinking I was a smart@$$

After five hours or so of tech support. You need a little smart@$$ery to keep you going.

I had to explain to a guy what a wire was today.

#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After five hours or so of tech support. You need a little smart@$$ery to keep you going.
I had to explain to a guy what a wire was today.

you sir deserve a beer

#8172 4 years ago

Who sells the GI lamps for these remakes and what are they called? I think I’d like to see what cool white GI looks like instead of the warm white.

#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Who sells the GI lamps for these remakes and what are they called? I think I’d like to see what cool white GI looks like instead of the warm white.

I don't believe they come in cool white.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-GILEDWW&Category_Code=LBL

#8174 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

They were originally made by Nifty that seems to be defunct (they passed their business to Comet, but Comet does not make/offer these types of bulbs - I've spoken to them directly about it). Back then they had both cool and warm white, but those of us late to the party missed out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/2#post-3861379

#8175 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think he meant to say they only come in warm white. They were originally made by Nifty that seems to be defunct (they passed their business to Comet, but Comet does not make/offer these types of bulbs - I've spoken to them directly about it). Back then they had both cool and warm white, but those of us late to the party missed out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/2#post-3861379

You're correct. I edited my post.

#8176 4 years ago

Well that’s a bummer. I think cool white would look better. Eat at Eddy’s mod is still available if anyone is looking for one.

#8177 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Well that’s a bummer. I thing cool white would look better

Agreed. One of the reason I decided to buy Pinstadium lights for this pin which I have set to a cooler white.

#8178 4 years ago

Someone needs to make these lamps. I asked CGC in a help desk ticket and I’ll see what they respond back with. I installed the speaker light kit from LER mods and it looks frickin awesome. I like the always green look instead of color changing. Does anybody sell some speaker acrylic designs for AFM? That would be pretty cool to see an outlined martian or ufo in the speaker with the light kit.

#8179 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anybody sell some speaker acrylic designs for AFM? That would be pretty cool to see an outlined martian or ufo in the speaker with the light kit.

I sell an "AfM" badge (link below). It was meant for the Classic owners where the Bally logo goes, but can be used on speakers as well. I could look into a martian or ufo if there is enough interest.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87165

#8180 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The main difference as to why I want it is that in tournament mode it gives more than just 50M which makes an4 player tourney game much more exciting!

Neil.

#8181 4 years ago

My 3- bank drop target sits slightly higher on the right side and not flush with the playfield when in the down position opposed to the left side. How do you adjust this?

#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you adjust this?

2 Screws on the bottom of the mech.

#8183 4 years ago

Does AFMrLE have the option to upload a pic under the DMD/LCD screen like Monster Bash can?

#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Does AFMrLE have the option to upload a pic under the DMD/LCD screen like Monster Bash can?

Yes. Page 1-12 in the manual.

#8186 4 years ago

So awesome !

Thanks guys

#8187 4 years ago

Is there a setting for the three bank center targets? Let's say all three targets need to be hit and if I hit a target next to one that needs to be hit it will register. Example the left target can register if the left target is hit, or the center target has already been hit and it’s hit a 2nd time. So it will register an adjoining target if it's already been hit....thought?

#8188 4 years ago

Apologies if this has been answered before, as I'm new to this thread: how tall is the LE with topper installed. I'm just checking to see if it fits in the location I want to put it

#8189 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Apologies if this has been answered before, as I'm new to this thread: how tall is the LE with topper installed. I'm just checking to see if it fits in the location I want to put it

About 84 inches tall.

#8190 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

I just measured mine, and it is exactly 84" to the top of the topper backboard. Additionally, the Martian does bounce up a little, so I would say absolute minimum ceiling height should be 85" just to be safe.

#8191 4 years ago

Joined the club this weekend. I typically would go for the classic/pro model of a game, but was fortunate enough to find a SE for a reasonable price close by so I jumped on it. I knew I’d like the game, but the extras on the SE are blowing me away. Very pleasantly surprised and as with all the remakes, the game feels so solid. Extremely happy with the purchase.

2FF45430-7F67-48DB-9C93-5223A5D1E84A (resized).jpeg2FF45430-7F67-48DB-9C93-5223A5D1E84A (resized).jpeg
#8192 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Joined the club this weekend. I typically would go for the classic/pro model of a game, but was fortunate enough to find a SE for a reasonable price close by so I jumped on it. I knew I’d like the game, but the extras on the SE are blowing me away. Very pleasantly surprised and as with all the remakes, the game feels so solid. Extremely happy with the purchase.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#8193 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just measured mine, and it is exactly 84" to the top of the topper backboard. Additionally, the Martian does bounce up a little, so I would say absolute minimum ceiling height should be 85" just to be safe.

Thank you - much appreciated

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

About 84 inches tall.

Thank you - I appreciate your help

#8195 4 years ago

I had a tight location for my AFMr. I had to set the Martian motion OFF else he would bump his head on the ceiling, and then I lowered the topper cardboard backboard by about an inch simply by relocating the screw holes (should be full invisible to the next owner).

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

(should be full invisible to the next owner).

Why would there ever be a “next owner”?

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Why would there ever be a “next owner”?

Great point; this one is nailed to the floor.

#8198 4 years ago

Received my AFMre Special Edition today. First ever NIB purchase. I also have my "Eat at Eddy's " mod ready to go.

IMG_20200204_160921163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200204_160921163 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_175945935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_175945935 (resized).jpg
#8199 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Received my AFMre Special Edition today. First ever NIB purchase. I also have my "Eat at Eddy's " mod ready to go.[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Great choice!

#8200 4 years ago

does or has anyone had a buzz sound from the speakers? i got a classic. when the game was idle, i could hear a buzz. not loud, but there. maybe more a hum. i called chicago gaming and they told me to turn up the brightness int he backbox. that stopped the sound a while, but then it came back a few minutes later. after that, i put the brightness at -1 and the hum went away altogether.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/164?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.