IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 211.
#751 6 years ago

Quoted from Blakester:
Adjusted bracket--some binding--BUT LEFT FLIPPER REMAINS WEAK. Proper voltages--same for both flippers. Party in 2 hours--S.O.S.!!

Figured out the problem--missing coil tubing for my left flipper. Need to reach out to Doug Skor.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I've seen the same thing happen and its very odd, at first I thought it was caused by the right target bank but I'm unable to repeat it. I had check the leaf switches but the gap is quite large. I hadn't mentioned it since its very sporadic and I haven't been able to identify any pattern to it. I was playing another machine on location today and it exhibits the same behavior.

Yeah..thought I was crazy at first, but it's definitely there. I'm having such fun playing the machine, haven't been very motivated to troubleshoot yet. Mine definitely triggers off the left flipper button, but the ball may not even be in play, and very random in nature. This may be a tricky one, or a very simple fix....I'll let you know if I get inspired and go after it...

Note- I don't think it's the flipper button leaf itself...I've already installed britebuttons ( green) and had both apart...all gaps looked fine.

#753 6 years ago

How far in advance to receiving your game did you have to pay the full amount?

#754 6 years ago

2 weeks

#755 6 years ago

5-Way Combo

Can someone clarify how you actually score this objective? I've gotten it many times, but not exactly sure what happened.

Here's what I see, and what confuses me:

1. Hit a ramp shot, Red arrows illuminate. 5-Way Combo is initiated, right?
2. It appears to be a hurry-up, time-based objective. Blinking Red lights indicates time is running out?
3. Hitting any 5 lit ramps/orbits before the lights go out scores the objective?
4. Hitting non-lit, non-ramp targets (like Saucer Targets) before completing ends the mode, correct?

Confusion:

1. Hitting a lit left or right orbit seems to turn OFF the mode immediately - sometimes, but not always (?)
2. Hitting a lit Light Lock ramp shot turns OFF the mode immediately - sometimes, but not always (?)
3. I was nailing the ramp/orbits, but then Total Annihilation started - I guess this mode took priority over 5-Way Combo, right?

Am I misunderstanding anything?

Thanks

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

1. Hit a ramp shot, Red arrows illuminate. 5-Way Combo is initiated, right?
2. It appears to be a hurry-up, time-based objective. Blinking Red lights indicates time is running out?
3. Hitting any 5 lit ramps/orbits before the lights go out scores the objective?
4. Hitting non-lit, non-ramp targets (like Saucer Targets) before completing ends the mode, correct?

Yuup

Quoted from markp99:

1. Hitting a lit left or right orbit seems to turn OFF the mode immediately - sometimes, but not always (?)

Correct, you need to score an orbit for it to count as a combo; however, the left and right gates block orbits until you complete the 3rd capture (left) or complete the atomic blaster (right).

Quoted from markp99:

Hitting a lit Light Lock ramp shot turns OFF the mode immediately - sometimes, but not always (?)

The lock ramp and locking a ball will provide a combo shot when lit; starting a multiball ends combos as they cannot be scored during a multiball ... exception: the lock ball ramp will award a combo during martian multiball; if you trap one ball on the left flipper, you can repeatedly nail this ramp to get your combos...my record is around 20.

Quoted from markp99:

3. I was nailing the ramp/orbits, but then Total Annihilation started - I guess this mode took priority over 5-Way Combo, right?

As stated above, starting a multiball ends combos as they cannot be scored during a multiball

#757 6 years ago

I was playing a game to double check the information above, and ... BAM!

IMG_2294 (resized).JPGIMG_2294 (resized).JPG

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I was playing a game to double check the information above, and ... BAM!

You're welcome.

Damn, though, I'd have trouble reaching that with the glass off!

#759 6 years ago

Thanks markp99 and Pin Guy! I've had the same questions, but hadn't figured out or asked yet. And congrats on the RTU! I'll be there sooner.... or later....

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yuup

Correct, you need to score an orbit for it to count as a combo; however, the left and right gates block orbits until you complete the 3rd capture (left) or complete the atomic blaster (right).

The lock ramp and locking a ball will provide a combo shot when lit; starting a multiball ends combos as they cannot be scored during a multiball ... exception: the lock ball ramp will award a combo during martian multiball; if you trap one ball on the left flipper, you can repeatedly nail this ramp to get your combos...my record is around 20.

As stated above, starting a multiball ends combos as they cannot be scored during a multiball

Cool. Had no idea. Such finely tuned code - the Lyman factor. I wonder if the code was ever revised during its life?

#761 6 years ago

LE 224 has shown up and we love it!!! Only issue is 50% of the time when the ball kicks out of the right drop ( stroke of luck ) it drains down the center. Is there a coil setting to change the strength or do I need to adjust this from underneath?? Thanks guys! I can't wait to purchase whatever remake is next.

15060429777481318792901 (resized).jpg15060429777481318792901 (resized).jpg

#762 6 years ago

My SOL return has not gone SDTM even once. Hits the left flipper 100%. Might need to adjust the assy sightly. I'd open a ticket might be straight forward.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yeah..thought I was crazy at first, but it's definitely there. I'm having such fun playing the machine, haven't been very motivated to troubleshoot yet. Mine definitely triggers off the left flipper button, but the ball may not even be in play, and very random in nature. This may be a tricky one, or a very simple fix....I'll let you know if I get inspired and go after it...
Note- I don't think it's the flipper button leaf itself...I've already installed britebuttons ( green) and had both apart...all gaps looked fine.

UPDATE- problem solved...put in a ticket and Lloyd promptly responded. Reminded me of the basics to check first.

Sure enough, the gap on my left sling switches were WAY too tight....readjusted, and game plays flawlessly now. Yet another positive THANK YOU to Lloyd, as he will point out the obvious ( or complicated) troubleshooting path with kindness.

Note to self- check the easy things first before overthinking it.

Second note to self- hoping to make it to expo and see Lloyd again, personally thank him, and buy him a steak, adult beverage, or whatever he may choose. He and I have been through repair battles on several of my machines. I would not have nearly the confidence to work on these things if it wasn't for him.....

#764 6 years ago

Oh No! I just noticed that my topper only half works, the Aliens wyd don't light up and he does not move. The saucers work and the lighting up top. I went into the Menus and ran the test, hold down launch button and nothing. Any ideas Brand new and he is broken. I checked the wiring and it looks ok.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I checked the wiring and it looks ok.

The topper has some connectors before you get to the ends that plug in. Then the end connectors go to the small board in the head and two of them go to the big board in the head.

Please go over all of them and be sure they are pushed in tight.

Next step, please go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the support desk.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#766 6 years ago

Thanks it's working!!!!! The cable on the top left was loose, i think it could back itself out so I m8ght put a little electrical tape to keep it in place!

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

The cable on the top left was loose, i think it could back itself out so I m8ght put a little electrical tape to keep it in place!

A dab of hot glue if you have it.

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Second note to self- hoping to make it to expo and see Lloyd again, personally thank him, and buy him a steak, adult beverage, or whatever he may choose. He and I have been through repair battles on several of my machines. I would not have nearly the confidence to work on these things if it wasn't for him.....

Once again, Lloyd is Da Man.

I can't imagine he buys a lot of his own adult beverages these days.

#770 6 years ago

Quick question for anyone who changed the flippers from factory droopy to align it with the ball guide... Is it now more difficult to hit the martians on the flanks? I'd assume hitting the ship is easier since you hit it more off the centre than base, but curious to know how it changed the shots to the martians as well as the obits and ramps.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question for anyone who changed the flippers from factory droopy to align it with the ball guide... Is it now more difficult to hit the martians on the flanks? I'd assume hitting the ship is easier since you hit it more off the centre than base, but curious to know how it changed the shots to the martians as well as the obits and ramps.

Changing the flipper angle makes it easier to trap the ball but you can still make all of the shots.
All it really does is alter the game to play differently than intended from the designer.
The classic game has the flippers set centered.
However, Its your game and you should set them however you want. Its one of the benefits of owning the game.

On my WOZ I have the flippers set 3/64" up from factory to allow for better ramp shots from the right flipper.
Its part of the dialling in process as well as setting the game pitch. Each game plays slightly different.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Changing the flipper angle makes it easier to trap the ball but you can still make all of the shots.
All it really does is alter the game to play differently than intended from the designer.
The classic game has the flippers set centered.
However, Its your game and you should set them however you want. Its one of the benefits of owning the game.
On my WOZ I have the flippers set 3/64" up from factory to allow for better ramp shots from the right flipper.
Its part of the dialling in process as well as setting the game pitch. Each game plays slightly different.

On my original afm its very difficult to trap the ball which is the way its supposed to be if flippers are adjusted correctly.

#773 6 years ago

Just wanted to post quickly about my recent experience with LTG and the awesome folks at CGC.

I had an issue with a few plastics and my lockdown bar, and they were shockingly quick at getting this resolved. Just got my replacements in the mail, and couldn't be happier.

I may as well set up direct deposits with CGC. Hell, if they remade Shaq Attaq I'd probably buy it!

LTG thank you again for being a stud!

#774 6 years ago

Speaking of the lockdown bar I can't get my arm to lock it In Like it should, i gave up. I still can't get my SOL adjusted right, on the kickouts 50% of the time it goes right down the middle.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Speaking of the lockdown bar I can't get my arm to lock it In Like it should

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver, you can turn them up or down to tighten or loosen the bar that slides back and forth and locks the lockdown bar.

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I still can't get my SOL adjusted right, on the kickouts 50% of the time it goes right down the middle.

Loosen the whole assembly and see if you can turn it a tiny bit.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver, you can turn them up or down to tighten or loosen the bar that slides back and forth and locks the lockdown bar.

Loosen the whole assembly and see if you can turn it a tiny bit.

Thanks! I'm on it!!!

Will you be at Expo? I'll buy you a drink if you are!

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Will you be at Expo?

LTG : ) Show Thursday night 10pm after the JJP fireside chat.

#778 6 years ago

im thinking youd best getting a taxi Lloyd

#779 6 years ago

I am about to order and choose a color for my LE. I would appreciate hearing from those of you who chose black. Some pictures I have seen look like it is more of a matte finish vs. glossy. Yes or no? Are you happy with your choice? Any pics posted here would be appreciated.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I am about to order and choose a color for my LE. I would appreciate hearing from those of you who chose black. Some pictures I have seen look like it is more of a matte finish vs. glossy. Yes or no? Are you happy with your choice? Any pics posted here would be appreciated.

I have a green machine, but I think black looks the best.. I picked green just to have it stand out a little.. Not sure if this helps any..

#781 6 years ago

Anyone else had ball-launch issues? I know there were some people that had to adjust the strength of the ball-launch coil, which I've also had to do. However, it won't even consistently make it to the pop-bumpers. I'll open a ticket Monday if need be.

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Black LE here. I'd call it more a semi-gloss than a gloss finish. It does show fingerprints, but not as much as the glass.

Black matches my JP and GoT, so an easy choice for me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Anyone else had ball-launch issues? I know there were some people that had to adjust the strength of the ball-launch coil, which I've also had to do. However, it won't even consistently make it to the pop-bumpers. I'll open a ticket Monday if need be.

Only ball launch issue here is very occasionally need 2 or 3 tries to kick the ball from the trough into the shooter lane. Beyond that, all balls reach the pops or left orbit cleanly.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Black LE here. I'd call it more a semi-gloss than a gloss finish. It does show fingerprints, but not as much as the glass.

Looks like you changed your GI to cools. I did mine a while back as well and I feel it fits the theme better. I wonder how many others did the same?

As for the green or black. They both look great. I picked green to make it stand out among the other games (it very much does in a good way), but would have gone black otherwise.

#785 6 years ago

I did not change out the GI; still stock. I think you may be seeing a reflection from the topper. I kinda prefer the warm vs cool actually.

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Only ball launch issue here is very occasionally need 2 or 3 tries to kick the ball from the trough into the shooter lane. Beyond that, all balls reach the pops or left orbit cleanly.

Looking into the exit hole bend the silver tab out about 1/16" to get a little more clearance fr the ball.
Its most likely squeezing the ball as it tries to pass thru into the shooter lane.
I just applied a crescent wrench to it, to give it a little more opening.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I chose the black. The semi-gloss is really good at hiding finger prints. Super glossy would look smudgy all the time.
I think it matches the over-all look and visual lines of the game better.

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Speaking of the lockdown bar I can't get my arm to lock it In Like it should, i gave up. I still can't get my SOL adjusted right, on the kickouts 50% of the time it goes right down the middle.

Adjusting the SOL scoop mech isnt too hard:
Turn the power all the way to the max. It should hit high up on the left flipper.
See if it changes throughout the day as power from the wall affects this greatly.
You can also elongate the mounting holes slightly in the mech sideways by side cutting with a drill bit.
This will allow you to turn and adjust the mech as needed.
It only needs a tiny adjustment in most cases, 1/16" is a lot.
Sometimes you can just loosen the mounting screws, twist it firmly and re-tighten the screws while holding pressure on it.

Added over 7 years ago: Sorry, no power adjustment on SOL coil yet.

#789 6 years ago

Love my black. I think it showcases the playfield the best. You want your eyes drawn to the play field, not the side rails

#790 6 years ago

I think the black looks great, but went with green. Like it alot. Both seem to be more of a matte as opposed to high gloss, imho, compared to some of my others.

either way is a win...I had to just stick w Martian

#791 6 years ago

Does anyone have an hd pic of the translite they could send me? PM, or my e-mail:

[email protected]

thanks!!!

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

See if the plunger is hitting the center of the ball. You can loosen the screws holding the ball launch assembly and turn it a bit to hit the ball better, if needed.

#793 6 years ago

If you were an operator which settings would you put on AfM on location? Place I go to recently changed the settings and I am not gonna put money into this thing anymore since its just not fun. One ball save per game, extremely fast play (ball is airborne more than not) and buy-ins are enabled. It used to be factory settings, medium difficulty and a lot of fun.

#794 6 years ago

Another LE in black here. I'd say mine is on the "glossy" end of the "semi-gloss" spectrum. I went this way simply because I ordered an Alien LE in green, and in my modest collection, that's a lot of green.

Honestly, I probably should have gone the other way, since the Alien green seems to be lot lighter and brighter than the Martian Green, and there's a lot more of it on Alien. That said, the black looks gorgeous on AFM.

#795 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements, Chicago Gaming distributor, has a few AFMR LEs left to sell... Production on AFMR LEs will resume in early October and games will be shipping shortly thereafter.

We will be at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show with an AFMR Special Edition available for everyone to play / enjoy. Come see us !

$ 1000 deposit on the LE
$ 250 on the SE (Special) and CE (Classic)

Oh, and we have MMRs IN STOCK now available for immediate shipping ! We'll be bringing a few to the York show NIB to take home !

Email Joe at [email protected]

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

#796 6 years ago

I'm goin black! Thanks to all for the input!

#797 6 years ago

Question for y'all...

This has happened once in a while, but just now happened about six times in a row:

The force field is down, the callouts indicate that the saucer is one shot from being destroyed. A shot goes right up the middle and disappears... And I get awarded a lock. Twice just now I managed to actually get awarded the multiball for three successive shots to the saucer. Before I open a ticket, is this normal behavior?

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Question for y'all...
This has happened once in a while, but just now happened about six times in a row:
The force field is down, the callouts indicate that the saucer is one shot from being destroyed. A shot goes right up the middle and disappears... And I get awarded a lock. Twice just now I managed to actually get awarded the multiball for three successive shots to the saucer. Before I open a ticket, is this normal behavior?

There's a wire gate in the lock/ saucer subway that can get stuck up or bent ... which can cause this issue. Check it out...

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

If you were an operator which settings would you put on AfM on location? Place I go to recently changed the settings and I am not gonna put money into this thing anymore since its just not fun. One ball save per game, extremely fast play (ball is airborne more than not) and buy-ins are enabled. It used to be factory settings, medium difficulty and a lot of fun.

If I was an operator I would use standard settings with a slight extension on ball save as it should last long enough for a ball dropper into the poppers to make it to the flippers at least once. The way I see it is if people don't find the game fun to play, then its going to sit unplayed. The place I play it has a MM on location but the playfield angle is so steep you cant get a ball orbit to go to the flippers, it always deflects off a kicker ... this machine is rarely ever played.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Adjusting the SOL scoop mech isnt too hard:
Turn the power all the way to the max. It should hit high up on the left flipper.
See if it changes throughout the day as power from the wall affects this greatly.
You can also elongate the mounting holes slightly in the mech sideways by side cutting with a drill bit.
This will allow you to turn and adjust the mech as needed.
It only needs a tiny adjustment in most cases, 1/16" is a lot.
Sometimes you can just loosen the mounting screws, twist it firmly and re-tighten the screws while holding pressure on it.

Which power setting? What coil is it under to adjust?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.