pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 212.
#7851 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You will need low profile lock nuts, however. Otherwise you’ll never be able to secure them with the standard ones.

I was able to install mine by removing the washers under the plastic. The washers are there to protect your plastics, but if you buy plastic protectors you don't need them.

#7852 4 years ago

There are hardly any personnel/stock pictures of the CE in this thread, does someone have a link to better pictures of the CE?

#7854 4 years ago

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?

DE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpegDE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpeg
#7855 4 years ago

I've got a very nice original MM I am looking to trade for AFM LE if anyone has one..

#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?[quoted image]

It has the decal on the backboard.

#7857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?[quoted image]

Not sure which decal you are referring to, but there isn't anything where the Bally logo was originally. Under the DMD is blank. I created an "AfM" badge for that location for this reason. Obviously can't sell a Bally logo as it is copyrighted, but you can easily create one with the right tools.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Not sure which decal you are referring to, but there isn't anything where the Bally logo was originally. Under the DMD is blank. I created an "AfM" badge for that location for this reason. Obviously can't sell a Bally logo as it is copyrighted, but you can easily create one with the right tools.

Think he is talking about the backboard, not the speakerpanel in the backbox

#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Think he is talking about the backboard, not the speakerpanel in the backbox

Ah, the backboard on the playfield. Gotcha. Yep, the CE is just like the original game. If it was on the original, it's on the CE (less the Bally logo on the speaker panel)

#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If it was on the original, it's on the CE

Wasn't on the original. Williams dropped it from production.

LTG : )

#7861 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't on the original. Williams dropped it from production.

Really? Learn something new everyday. I don't think I ever noticed. Well, CGC remake is now confirmed as better than the original

#7862 4 years ago

I’m in the club! Purchased it today and just waiting for shipment. Got the color upgrade chip too. This game is gonna be a blast to play. I’m exited as all heck. The location games I’ve played all played like shit so being at home is gonna be epic! Time to rule the universe I hope.

#7863 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m in the club! Purchased it today and just waiting for shipment. Got the color upgrade chip too. This game is gonna be a blast to play. I’m exited as all heck. The location games I’ve played all played like shit so being at home is gonna be epic! Time to rule the universe I hope.

Congrats! It's a great game!

#7864 4 years ago

Anyone LE owners that want to part with s topper ?

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

No chance... Even if an LE owner had a low ceiling and couldn’t install it, they’d still keep it in case they ever sold the pin. You want a topper? Sell your CE and buy an LE.

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

You have got to be seriously kidding

#7867 4 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

You have got to be seriously kidding

Can’t hurt to ask

#7868 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Can’t hurt to ask

Its the best topper ever made on any pinball. It would seriously devalue an LE that didnt have it.

#7869 4 years ago

I know that ! I have a Black LE
I just bought a SE in the box
Doing different trim
Etc, hoping to find a topper but no big deal

#7870 4 years ago

Im wondering what an LE would sell for without its topper. Probably way less than a new CE.

#7871 4 years ago

Was wanting to protect the SOL kickout hole with some mylar instead of the cliffy. Would it suffice? Installing that cliffy looks to be a PITA.

#7872 4 years ago

Long term the Cliffy will be better to avoid chipping. I installed the 7 piece set he supplies for Afmr. It really is not hard to install.

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Was wanting to protect the SOL kickout hole with some mylar instead of the cliffy. Would it suffice? Installing that cliffy looks to be a PITA.

It has factory Mylar, but the cliffy is needed or else you’ll get chipping in the back right corner of the sol kick out.... just behind the left post on that right ramp. It’s a little bit of a pita but if ya look at the pics on here and install it with the one edge under and the other edge over it fits fine.

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'd sell mine for $8000, and include a free AFMr LE pinball machine with it.

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Im wondering what an LE would sell for without its topper. Probably way less than a new CE.

Unlikely. People would place value in the other bells and whistles in the LE. My guess is it would go for around $3-500 more than a CE.

#7876 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Unlikely. People would place value in the other bells and whistles in the LE. My guess is it would go for around $3-500 more than a CE.

What’s a CE ?

#7877 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

What’s a CE ?

LE - Limited Edition
SE - Special Edition
CE - Classic Edition

#7878 4 years ago

Ahh I forgot about those
I’m
Used to JJP collectors edition

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

LE - Limited Edition
SE - Special Edition
CE - Classic Edition

Edition designation was one of the most confusing things for me when I got into pinball, especially since different manufactures use different terms.

For AFMr editions, scroll to bottom of page to see side-by-side comparison: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Exactly what I did. CE with a color chip and a shaker. I love this game and play it all the time.

#7881 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes it was a PIA, but I believe it will be worth it in the long term. However, even the bigger pain was the center target Cliffy. Get them all and take an afternoon to do them all at once.

#7882 4 years ago

So here’s the full cliffy set but if you look on his website he also has a set of 3 ramp protectors. Why aren’t those part of the set? Why is there only 3 instead of 4? 2 for each side of each ramp? Has anybody installed the ramp protectors? Are they needed?

13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg
#7883 4 years ago

Joined today. Loving this machine. Does anyone have the best place to get a shooter lane metal protector? I normally use the pinball life ones on my sterns.

#7884 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anybody installed the ramp protectors? Are they needed?

Your game already has CGC ones on it.

Quoted from Aflacjack:

Does anyone have the best place to get a shooter lane metal protector?

Passionforpinball.com - Cliffy's.

#7885 4 years ago

I don’t have my game yet but hopefully next week. I didn’t know that the ramp protectors come stock from CGC. Thanks LTG.

#7886 4 years ago

How are the balls these games come with from CGC? Good enough or plan on replacing?

#7887 4 years ago

February will be 2 years for mine and still shiny

#7888 4 years ago

I think that the Pinball’s that CGC uses are decent, but want to pass a word of caution for anyone buying a NIB machine. The metal SOL scoop will have sharp square edges on it as made from the factory. These sharp edges will become smooth and rounded over the first 100 or so games. But the smoothing of the scoop edges will come at the expense of very small (almost microscopic) nicks on the pinballs. Check the pinballs after 20-30 games, see if you can feel any nicks with your fingernail. If so, then these nicks can make very fine scuffs on the play field and the balls should be replaced. I swapped out pinballs a couple of times as my new machine was breaking in.
I feel the Ball Baron Ninja pinballs are the best that I have found.

#7889 4 years ago

This must be the mantis protector in the SOL hole right? Have most of you removed this and put the cliffy on instead?

#7890 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This must be the mantis protector in the SOL hole right? Have most of you removed this and put the cliffy on instead?

Correct. A mantis protector comes installed from the factory. I removed it and placed a cliffy. I tried to have both, but it was really tight and looking like a hammer was going to be needed. I seek to avoid that tool on a pinball, so I just went with the cliffy and put the mantis in the goodie bag. Can't speak for others, but I felt that a cliffy was the right solution.

CGC also appeared to change to a cliffy style protector on MB, so it appears they think the same way.

#7891 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I removed it and placed a cliffy. I tried to have both, but it was really tight and looking like a hammer was going to be needed. I seek to avoid that tool on a pinball, so I just went with the cliffy and put the mantis in the goodie bag.

ditto here

#7892 4 years ago

I have a cliffy and mantis on mine. Tight fit, but I got it in.

#7893 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I have a cliffy and mantis on mine. Tight fit, but I got it in.

I started that way, but I just couldn't make both work. No matter what I did to reshape the Mantis, the Cliffy would distort in shape and I couldn't get it to lay flat all the way around.

#7894 4 years ago

I would appreciate any guidance. Can anyone please tell me what you believe an AFMr LE might be worth, that has been out on a route for a year or so? It is in good condition -- for a machine that has been on a route with about 2,600 plays. Thank you in advance.

#7895 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I would appreciate any guidance. Can anyone please tell me what you believe an AFMr LE might be worth, that has been out on a route for a year or so? It is in good condition -- for a machine that has been on a route with about 2,600 plays. Thank you in advance.

I think you could be focused more on condition rather than plays. As an example our AFMrLE has 1900 plays and it is in our lounge room since December 2017. Only my wife and I really play it apart from the occasional get together. 2,600 plays for a site sound very low to me. As long as the game has been looked after and is in good condition, that is more important, I think.

#7896 4 years ago

For those that went with the glow in the dark Titan rings, do you have a list of what size and quantity you ordered please. Also, did you keep the stock GI lamps or did you change those too? Thanks.

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Titan rings, do you have a list of what size and quantity you ordered please

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/212 Size and quantity here.

#7898 4 years ago

Thanks LTG. Do you know if the CE comes with apron card art/rules instead of the pricing cards?

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you know if the CE comes with apron card art/rules instead of the pricing cards?

No idea. I have a LE and it came with the artsy fartsy ones.

DSC00162 (resized).JPGDSC00162 (resized).JPGDSC00163 (resized).JPGDSC00163 (resized).JPG
#7900 4 years ago

I have been looking for pricing cards that are colored and blend in with the factory instruction card ....Pinball Rebel has a bunch listed, but nothing that fits in appropriately with the colors of the newer cards included with the new CGC, AFMr machines...???

Please jump in, if anyone has a better source..

Thanks,
Mick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/158?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.