Topic Stats

• 7,885 posts
  • 495 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg
997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg
13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg
DE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpeg
20190604_010730 (resized).jpg
20190604_010736 (resized).jpg
20190604_010748 (resized).jpg
AFM.gif
IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3082.JPG
IMG_3081.JPG
20191121_214550 (resized).jpg
20191121_173716 (resized).jpg
20191120_191326 (resized).jpg
20191120_170606 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7885 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 158.
#7851 11 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You will need low profile lock nuts, however. Otherwise you’ll never be able to secure them with the standard ones.

I was able to install mine by removing the washers under the plastic. The washers are there to protect your plastics, but if you buy plastic protectors you don't need them.

#7852 7 days ago

There are hardly any personnel/stock pictures of the CE in this thread, does someone have a link to better pictures of the CE?

#7854 7 days ago

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?

DE8E7611-87B1-483A-9C98-E7D11C56422E (resized).jpeg
#7855 6 days ago

I've got a very nice original MM I am looking to trade for AFM LE if anyone has one..

#7856 6 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?[quoted image]

It has the decal on the backboard.

#7857 6 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

How about more detailed pics of everything? I actually just want to know if the CE has the backboard decal like this I’ve seen or it is just plain black?[quoted image]

Not sure which decal you are referring to, but there isn't anything where the Bally logo was originally. Under the DMD is blank. I created an "AfM" badge for that location for this reason. Obviously can't sell a Bally logo as it is copyrighted, but you can easily create one with the right tools.

#7858 6 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Not sure which decal you are referring to, but there isn't anything where the Bally logo was originally. Under the DMD is blank. I created an "AfM" badge for that location for this reason. Obviously can't sell a Bally logo as it is copyrighted, but you can easily create one with the right tools.

Think he is talking about the backboard, not the speakerpanel in the backbox

#7859 6 days ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Think he is talking about the backboard, not the speakerpanel in the backbox

Ah, the backboard on the playfield. Gotcha. Yep, the CE is just like the original game. If it was on the original, it's on the CE (less the Bally logo on the speaker panel)

#7860 6 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

If it was on the original, it's on the CE

Wasn't on the original. Williams dropped it from production.

LTG : )

#7861 6 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't on the original. Williams dropped it from production.

Really? Learn something new everyday. I don't think I ever noticed. Well, CGC remake is now confirmed as better than the original

#7862 6 days ago

I’m in the club! Purchased it today and just waiting for shipment. Got the color upgrade chip too. This game is gonna be a blast to play. I’m exited as all heck. The location games I’ve played all played like shit so being at home is gonna be epic! Time to rule the universe I hope.

#7863 6 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I’m in the club! Purchased it today and just waiting for shipment. Got the color upgrade chip too. This game is gonna be a blast to play. I’m exited as all heck. The location games I’ve played all played like shit so being at home is gonna be epic! Time to rule the universe I hope.

Congrats! It's a great game!

#7864 5 days ago

Anyone LE owners that want to part with s topper ?

#7865 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

No chance... Even if an LE owner had a low ceiling and couldn’t install it, they’d still keep it in case they ever sold the pin. You want a topper? Sell your CE and buy an LE.

#7866 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

You have got to be seriously kidding

#7867 5 days ago
Quoted from Mark000:

You have got to be seriously kidding

Can’t hurt to ask

#7868 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Can’t hurt to ask

Its the best topper ever made on any pinball. It would seriously devalue an LE that didnt have it.

#7869 5 days ago

I know that ! I have a Black LE
I just bought a SE in the box
Doing different trim
Etc, hoping to find a topper but no big deal

#7870 5 days ago

Im wondering what an LE would sell for without its topper. Probably way less than a new CE.

#7871 5 days ago

Was wanting to protect the SOL kickout hole with some mylar instead of the cliffy. Would it suffice? Installing that cliffy looks to be a PITA.

#7872 5 days ago

Long term the Cliffy will be better to avoid chipping. I installed the 7 piece set he supplies for Afmr. It really is not hard to install.

#7873 5 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Was wanting to protect the SOL kickout hole with some mylar instead of the cliffy. Would it suffice? Installing that cliffy looks to be a PITA.

It has factory Mylar, but the cliffy is needed or else you’ll get chipping in the back right corner of the sol kick out.... just behind the left post on that right ramp. It’s a little bit of a pita but if ya look at the pics on here and install it with the one edge under and the other edge over it fits fine.

#7874 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

I'd sell mine for $8000, and include a free AFMr LE pinball machine with it.

#7875 5 days ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Im wondering what an LE would sell for without its topper. Probably way less than a new CE.

Unlikely. People would place value in the other bells and whistles in the LE. My guess is it would go for around $3-500 more than a CE.

#7876 5 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Unlikely. People would place value in the other bells and whistles in the LE. My guess is it would go for around $3-500 more than a CE.

What’s a CE ?

#7877 5 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

What’s a CE ?

LE - Limited Edition
SE - Special Edition
CE - Classic Edition

#7878 5 days ago

Ahh I forgot about those
I’m
Used to JJP collectors edition

#7879 5 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

LE - Limited Edition
SE - Special Edition
CE - Classic Edition

Edition designation was one of the most confusing things for me when I got into pinball, especially since different manufactures use different terms.

For AFMr editions, scroll to bottom of page to see side-by-side comparison: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars

#7880 5 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Exactly what I did. CE with a color chip and a shaker. I love this game and play it all the time.

#7881 5 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yes it was a PIA, but I believe it will be worth it in the long term. However, even the bigger pain was the center target Cliffy. Get them all and take an afternoon to do them all at once.

#7882 23 hours ago

So here’s the full cliffy set but if you look on his website he also has a set of 3 ramp protectors. Why aren’t those part of the set? Why is there only 3 instead of 4? 2 for each side of each ramp? Has anybody installed the ramp protectors? Are they needed?

13C72BD8-F307-4681-84F3-25B44A2600A4 (resized).jpeg997D261B-FEE7-4375-80E1-DF894BED4C70 (resized).jpeg31BA969A-7CCB-4D67-BFDB-17857C6F68C2 (resized).jpeg
#7883 22 hours ago

Joined today. Loving this machine. Does anyone have the best place to get a shooter lane metal protector? I normally use the pinball life ones on my sterns.

#7884 22 hours ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Has anybody installed the ramp protectors? Are they needed?

Your game already has CGC ones on it.

Quoted from Aflacjack:

Does anyone have the best place to get a shooter lane metal protector?

Passionforpinball.com - Cliffy's.

#7885 22 hours ago

I don’t have my game yet but hopefully next week. I didn’t know that the ramp protectors come stock from CGC. Thanks LTG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 7885 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 158.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside