pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 212.
#7751 4 years ago

Here’s a video of the undercab, could look nice with the buttons.

#7752 4 years ago

Saturday morning check in on LED flipper button kits.

Thus far 16 kits have been reserved, and 14 have already been paid for. Reminder that the deadline for ordering & payment is tomorrow at 1:00PM Central. After the cutoff, I'm going to order all components so that I can get everything in, made, and shipped as quickly as possible.

#7753 4 years ago

Got my replacement plastics in today, and they look perfect now. No more ink crackling.

6145CAE5-F919-4120-9019-EBFA682AB26B.jpeg6145CAE5-F919-4120-9019-EBFA682AB26B.jpegC75CE3A9-1941-4E55-8270-76C9F5A4E2EB.jpegC75CE3A9-1941-4E55-8270-76C9F5A4E2EB.jpeg
#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Got my replacement plastics in today, and they look perfect now. No more ink crackling.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think they might have just messed up and sent the wrong ones.

I got replacement plastics, without cracks in them, very early on.

I think most if the LE run had the cracked ink.

I bought NIB

#7755 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think they might have just messed up and sent the wrong ones.
I got replacement plastics, without cracks in them, very early on.
I think most if the LE run had the cracked ink.
I bought NIB

This time I had them take off the protective film and check them. They were very supportive and helpful. From the sound of things, I think they had to go through a few before finding good ones. I assume they still have some stock from the bad runs, and just weren’t aware.

#7756 4 years ago

Okay, only a few more hours to make the first flipper buttons run deadline at 1:00 central today. Thanks for the great response to all those who have committed, as I have about 20 orders thus far (I’m going to be really busy over the next week or two).

#7757 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here’s a video of the undercab, could look nice with the buttons.

Yes, and for those wondering who haven't picked upon in yet, both mods work well together without any issues and nothing special is required for installation.

#7758 4 years ago

Okay, LED flipper button kit ordering is closed. Thank you everyone who ordered. I'll be ordering components today, and getting to work on things. Thank you for everyone's interest, and I'll keep everyone updated on progress.

Update: All components required were in stock and ordered. Everything should arrive this week, so I think I know what I'll be doing next weekend.

#7759 4 years ago

Since the day my machine arrived, and through all the mods I’ve added, I couldn’t help but think that something, or someone, was missing. Today, the TRUE master of the attack finally showed his face...

A1478444-D2C4-494E-98E4-40E6DC70E981 (resized).jpegA1478444-D2C4-494E-98E4-40E6DC70E981 (resized).jpeg
#7760 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Since the day my machine arrived, and through all the mods I’ve added, I couldn’t help but think that something, or someone, was missing. Today, the TRUE master of the attack finally showed his face...[quoted image]

I love marvin!

#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, LED flipper button kit ordering is closed. Thank you everyone who ordered. I'll be ordering components today, and getting to work on things. Thank you for everyone's interest, and I'll keep everyone updated on progress.
Update: All components required were in stock and ordered. Everything should arrive this week, so I think I know what I'll be doing next weekend.

Oh no! I missed it. Add me to the list for next time please.

#7762 4 years ago

Forgive me if it’s been discussed, but what is everyone’s solution to the ball flying off the ball lock ramp? I get some wicket speed on it where the ball launches or slams down on the inland and bounces over to the outlane.

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Forgive me if it’s been discussed, but what is everyone’s solution to the ball flying off the ball lock ramp? I get some wicket speed on it where the ball launches or slams down on the inland and bounces over to the outlane.

Lower the flipper power

#7764 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I was having same problem. Lowered flipper power by 2-3 and never had it happen again.

#7765 4 years ago

I hope this is OK to share here - I have new Attack From Mars artwork you guys might be interested in...

Alternative Acrylic Backglass and Translite artwork of the classic Attack From Mars Backglass redrawn in my own style.
Second in my Alternative Backglass series (first was the sold-out Monster Bash)

This time, the artwork is available as both a Limited Acrylic Backglass, or a flexible Translite.
These have been officially licensed from Williams/Bally with Hologram stickers applied.

• Designed to work great with the existing LED light scheme
• Measures to fit in an Attack From Mars machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.

ACRYLIC BACKGLASS:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist.
• LIMITED TO ONLY 100 ever printed.
• $225

FLEXIBLE TRANSLITE:
• 26.5"X18.375"
• Reverse-printed on flexible Translite material.
• Signed by the artist, Brian Allen
• $125

If you'd like to see more photos and video, or to buy one:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

THANK YOU!!!

Attack-From-Mars (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-table-3 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-table-3 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-table-4 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-table-4 (resized).jpgIMG_0822 (resized).jpgIMG_0822 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-02 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-02 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-03 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-03 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-04 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-04 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-05 (resized).jpgAttack-From-Mars-detail-05 (resized).jpg
#7766 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I hope this is OK to share here - I have new Attack From Mars artwork you guys might be interested in...
Alternative Acrylic Backglass and Translite artwork of the classic Attack From Mars Backglass redrawn in my own style.
This time, the artwork is available as both a Limited Acrylic Backglass, or a flexible Translite.
These have been officially licensed from Williams/Bally with Hologram stickers applied.
• Measures to fit in an Attack From Mars machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
ACRYLIC BACKGLASS:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist.
• $225
FLEXIBLE TRANSLITE:
• 26.5"X18.375"
• $125
THANK YOU!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Couldn’t help it, translite ordered!

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

ACRYLIC BACKGLASS:
• $225
FLEXIBLE TRANSLITE:
• 26.5"X18.375"
• $125
THANK YOU!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome artwork!

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome artwork!

So amazing !!

#7769 4 years ago

Great work on the art! I think it fits the pinball machine a little better than the Monster Bash art fit that machine(even though that art is fantastic!). So much so I had to purchase one.

Again, awesome job on the art!

#7770 4 years ago

Saw this at Expo and thought it was awesome! Regretted not buying it there a few days later. However, I placed an order for one the other day! Can’t wait to get it! Great job on the artwork!

#7771 4 years ago

anyone have this and jurassic park? i was thinking of getting jp, but wondered how the depth of this is jp? i have 5 stern and i'm looking for something different. but i don't want to get something it's easy to see all modes and stuff. i was thinking this, mb, or mm.

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have this and jurassic park? i was thinking of getting jp, but wondered how the depth of this is jp? i have 5 stern and i'm looking for something different. but i don't want to get something it's easy to see all modes and stuff. i was thinking this, mb, or mm.

all of the CGC games are well done. Unlike some stern games, they aren't impossible to get toward the end of the game and are a lot of fun trying. I have owned JP and it's a very good game, but it's very hard to compare it with the CGC games. In your collection, any of the CGC games will fit well. I have all three and love them all.

#7773 4 years ago

Thank you so much for grabbing one AndHart120 and Chosen_S and JeffF
Thanks for the compliments Rascal_H

#7774 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I have both, you can’t miss with AFMR! Almost everyone loves it. Easy to play hard to beat. It’s fun even though not deep at all. People not into pinball seem to like how easy it is to learn and follow. Fun to shoot also. I think these two machines compliment each other perfectly.

#7775 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses, it's a tough choice. Jp isn't my dream theme, but shoots well. A retro game nay be the way to go

#7776 4 years ago

For Sale

Attack From Mars, (ALL models of this machine)

After many months of research, re-design and manufacturing, Mickspinball.com now has larger and very "jiggly" playfield Martians. They have been re-designed to offer the sought-after "jiggly" movement and a larger size to make them a prominent feature of the playfield. They have also been hand painted to highlight the red eyes and the very white teeth..

These larger "jiggly" Martians are available to order in any quantity, as needed. They are also available with LED lighted eyes as an option.

Please visit my updated and secure web site @ https://www.mickspinball.com/

PinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpgPinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpgpinsidelighted (resized).jpgpinsidelighted (resized).jpg
#7777 4 years ago

As an update to everyone who ordered the LED button kits, seems like I've been doing nothing but cutting wire and soldering the last couple of days, and I still have a ton to go. Currently, I'm working on the power splitters, and when done with these I'll have to work on the ends for the power extension which also requires soldering connections on both ends. Doesn't really seem like that much until you do 21 sets of everything.

All of the brackets are printed, and I decided to drill holes in them and provide screws for those who find the adhesive backing is not enough. I'm still waiting on a couple of parts to arrive, but moving forward with construction of everything in the interim. I'm projecting mid next week for shipment at this point.

IMG_3021 (resized).JPGIMG_3021 (resized).JPG
#7778 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

ACRYLIC BACKGLASS:
• $225
FLEXIBLE TRANSLITE:
• 26.5"X18.375"
• $125

Couple questions:
Is the acrylic made to fit into the backbox?
Do u ship international?

#7779 4 years ago

Whew, been working all day on LED flipper buttons and just finished all of the soldering and cable making. Tomorrow I will test everything, make the necessary corrections, and begin packaging. I also still need to take several photos and create installation instructions. I'm still short a few parts that are in transit, so if I end up shipping some orders before others I will do so by purchase order. If all goes well, the majority will ship out on Monday or Tuesday.

#7780 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Whew, been working all day on LED flipper buttons and just finished all of the soldering and cable making. Tomorrow I will test everything, make the necessary corrections, and begin packaging. I also still need to take several photos and create installation instructions. I'm still short a few parts that are in transit, so if I end up shipping some orders before others I will do so by purchase order. If all goes well, the majority will ship out on Monday or Tuesday.

You da man!

#7781 4 years ago

I wanted the playfield to reflect the America that I’m familiar with a bit more than it did. So with the help of @medisinyl, I added a seedy neighborhood.

8BBC1F87-754A-4D65-B687-E89459308C40 (resized).jpeg8BBC1F87-754A-4D65-B687-E89459308C40 (resized).jpeg
#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I wanted the playfield to reflect the America that I’m familiar with a bit more than it did. So with the help of medisinyl, I added a seedy neighborhood.[quoted image]

Heh, that the red light district? I’ve got got little kids and liberal guests so this most certainly won’t be a mod I’d be adding. Thanks for sharing tho.

#7783 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Once I get MM, JP will be next on my list. I’d go with MM if you’re concerned about depth of code. I still love AFM and MB though.

#7784 4 years ago

Just joined the club! We are loving AFM!

1BEDFC2E-6FE4-46A8-A8B1-A16C1800674E (resized).jpeg1BEDFC2E-6FE4-46A8-A8B1-A16C1800674E (resized).jpeg
#7785 4 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

Just joined the club! We are loving AFM![quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#7786 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! Wanted to own an AFM for a long time. Never dreamed I’d get to unbox a new one with my son. Good times!

#7787 4 years ago

Good news, all flipper light kits will be shipping later today. For installation instructions, please see this document: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/afmrpinball/AFMR_MOD_Instructions.pdf

#7788 4 years ago

Received the alternative artwork today... IMO it is absolutely perfect! So fitting for the playfield art!

1118191752a_HDR (resized).jpg1118191752a_HDR (resized).jpg1118191752_HDR (resized).jpg1118191752_HDR (resized).jpg1118191751a_HDR (resized).jpg1118191751a_HDR (resized).jpg1118191802a (resized).jpg1118191802a (resized).jpg
#7789 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Received the alternative artwork today... IMO it is absolutely perfect! So fitting for the playfield art![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I bet it’s also awesome to have those clear lines around Attack from Mars gone and not having those LEDs shine right in your face! I put the Pingraffix powered translate on and don’t have to deal with that. Seems so weird why they didn’t notice is testing that the light shines in everyone’s eyes. Super annoying. That artwork is beautiful. I just ordered one for a led kit frame.

#7790 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Received the alternative artwork today... IMO it is absolutely perfect! So fitting for the playfield art![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. I’m going to get one at the Allentown show if they are there again.

#7791 4 years ago

Hello AFMr members, I have a question. I purchased a brand new AFMr SE and I'm getting the following Test Report: "Check Switch F3 L. Flipper E.O.S." so what should I check for? As I browse through the other similar switches I can't see anything unusual???

pasted_imageAFMr F3 switch (resized).pngpasted_imageAFMr F3 switch (resized).png
#7792 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hello AFMr members, I have a question. I purchased a brand new AFMr SE and I'm getting the following Test Report: "Check Switch F3 L. Flipper E.O.S." so what should I check for? As I browse through the other similar switches I can't see anything unusual???[quoted image]

I'm not sure, but CGC tech support is very helpful if you open a ticket: https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

I suggest you do so in addition to inquiring here in the forum.

#7793 4 years ago

Hello AFMr members, I have a question. I purchased a brand new AFMr SE and I'm getting the following Test Report: "Check Switch F3 L. Flipper E.O.S." so what should I check for? As I browse through the other similar switches I can't see anything unusual???[quoted image]

Check the gap in the left flipper EOS switch it could be making constant contact or no contact at all

#7794 4 years ago

I would check to ensure first that the end of stroke switch is closing when the flipper is engaged. Then I would check to ensure that the two wires going to that switch is intact and still connected. Then I would put the game in switch test and manually close that switch to see if it registers in switch test mode. From there I’m not sure...
it’s likely one of those

#7795 4 years ago

Check for either a wire fell off of it, or it's not gapped right.

I had the exact error.
A wire came loose from the switch.

Easy 10 min fix on mine.

#7796 4 years ago

I'm looking to tap into the strobe during strobe multi ball with an additional led to add some color. Does anyone know where or how I can tap into the strobe under the play field? Thanks in advance.

#7797 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check for either a wire fell off of it, or it's not gapped right.

I had the exact error.
A wire came loose from the switch.

Easy 10 min fix on mine.

Tests - Switch Edge - move flipper bat back and forth. If it doesn't register, then look at it under the playfield. When you move the flipper bat, does it close the EOS leaf blade switch ? If so try cleaning it, a piece of paper between the leaf blades, gently hold them closed and pull the paper out.

All good so far ? Then as pinballinreno suggested, check for broken wire. At that EOS switch and the other side. Then check wires to connector to board, be sure it's plugged in.

LTG : )

#7798 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I followed LTG's instructions for checking the alert and found the culprit -- a broken wire by the EOS switch. Problem resolved.

broken wire (resized).pngbroken wire (resized).png
#7799 4 years ago

Haven't played pinball for almost 30 years and is currently in Another town for work.
Planning on getting a couple of games for a gameroom and this local pub had a mmr and an afmr.
When I've looked on Youtube clips i found afmr the least favorable of the three Chicago titles, however playing it's imo a much
greater experience then mm, which i found really lackluster and The playfield construction leaning heavily to the left.

Afm was really fun. Really fun and I loved the shots.
Two worries. It seems fairly easy? Since i havet played for many years, but still having no trouble gaining extra balls and free games.
There was also some kind of short with the specific game. It shorted out and turned of two Times and did some kind of computer reset.

Another thing that puzzled me is that i got some strange Multiball, where all turned dark, but the game still continued thru the Multiball, and then got back to normal. What was that all about?

All said and done. A really nice surprise. Great fun and probably for the kids too.

#7800 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Haven't played pinball for almost 30 years and is currently in Another town for work.
Planning on getting a couple of games for a gameroom and this local pub had a mmr and an afmr.
When I've looked on Youtube clips i found afmr the least favorable of the three Chicago titles, however playing it's imo a much
greater experience then mm, which i found really lackluster and The playfield construction leaning heavily to the left.
Afm was really fun. Really fun and I loved the shots.
Two worries. It seems fairly easy? Since i havet played for many years, but still having no trouble gaining extra balls and free games.
There was also some kind of short with the specific game. It shorted out and turned of two Times and did some kind of computer reset.
Another thing that puzzled me is that i got some strange Multiball, where all turned dark, but the game still continued thru the Multiball, and then got back to normal. What was that all about?
All said and done. A really nice surprise. Great fun and probably for the kids too.

I would not say its easy to get to the end of the game, but getting some of the early goals (saucers, multiballs) are very achievable. That makes the game approachable to a wide variety of players.

The multiball you got to is strobe multiball. You make points by hitting the saucer forcefield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

5,400 (OBO)
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/156?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.