pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 212.
#7701 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone done any custom coin reject inserts for this game yet? That will definitely be something on my "to do" list as I don't like the generic ones that come with the game. They look like someone is turning up the volume to me instead of inserting a coin. Seriously, who holds a coin like that when they are about to insert it into a game? Also, looks like a woman's hand with well manicured fingernails. Not that I have anything against women, but just not representative of the vast majority of middle-aged men pinball enthusiasts of whom I imagine mostly have unkept nails (I've seen enough of my share of close-up pics and vids on Pinside to be highly confident in my assertion).
I'd probably go with Martian heads (either b&w outline or maybe even a color image would work with these).
[quoted image]

My coin inserts are custom and very similar to what was posted above
C9351845-5842-4017-BA8E-3B5292EBEC14 (resized).jpegC9351845-5842-4017-BA8E-3B5292EBEC14 (resized).jpeg

#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I still need to design a mounting bracket for the LEDs, but overall the illuminated flipper buttons were a fairly simple mod. Of course I had to order all of the parts and make my own wiring harness to tap into the LED speaker connector, but everything went smoothly.[quoted image]

Looks great! I'd be in for the top sticker and flipper button mods.

#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In the manual, but outlined in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/27#post-4095492
You just need a microSD card to transfer the file.

Thanks!

RM

#7704 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I still need to design a mounting bracket for the LEDs, but overall the illuminated flipper buttons were a fairly simple mod. Of course I had to order all of the parts and make my own wiring harness to tap into the LED speaker connector, but everything went smoothly.[quoted image]

We’ve done under cab lights in similar fashion.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fattack-from-mars-remake-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#7705 4 years ago

Finished the flipper button LED mount designs (different for left & right). Now I just need to print and test for fit. FYI, these will be adhered to the inside of the cabinet using the same high-tack double-sided adhesive I use for all of my decals. I wanted to avoid adding screw holes to the cab if possible, so I'll have to see how things workout.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7706 4 years ago

Yes, I know, and this is a great mod you've put together. Under cab lighting is not for me (at least for now), but I used the same principles I learned from reading the informative posts here about how you guys did it to design and integrate my flipper buttons. While I had to build a couple of custom cables, everything else was off the shelf LED cables and connectors.

#7707 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

My coin inserts are custom and very similar to what was posted above
[quoted image]

I like them. Nice job.

#7708 4 years ago

For the drop target I decided to go nuclear, and I'm really happy with how it came out.

IMG_2981.JPGIMG_2981.JPGIMG_2983.JPGIMG_2983.JPG
#7709 4 years ago

I anyone is interested in purchasing any of the decals, please PM me. Pricing including US shipping is as follows:

- Target bank top decal | $6
- Drop target decal | $5
- 3 Bank target decals | $12

The full set of decals ordered together | $20 (save $3)

All decals are printed on a photo quality printer using only OEM inks and ultra gloss OEM paper. I coat them with a clear gloss vinyl, precision cut, and color edges on the drop target and target bank top decals. For adhesion I use a high tack double-sided sheet that covers the entire decal, and on the drop targets I use a shock absorbing clear mounting tape that does not require the center be punched out for the target rivet.

FYI, installing the drop target can be a challenge, but here is how I did it (takes a little work, but makes install a snap).

1) Turn on the game and start if required to bring the drop target in the up position. Turn the game back off.
2) Fully pull out the playfield and rest on lockbar support.
3) From backside of backboard removed the two screws holding in the mothership assembly.
4) Set mothership assembly aside to where you can easily access the drop target.
5) The drop target is very sensitive, so do not touch it from the front side. Remove the decal backing, use one hand to push forward from the backside of the drop target, and apply the decal evenly with the other hand (should be flush with top and both sides).
6) Reposition mothership assembly then insert and tighten the two screws.

When installing the top target bank decal, do so when the assembly is in the lowered position (you will need to press decal firmly into place, so lower position is better.

#7710 4 years ago

Just finished installing my flipper button LEDs using my custom brackets. Very clean install, and the brackets worked as I had hoped.
IMG_2984 (resized).JPGIMG_2984 (resized).JPGIMG_2989 (resized).JPGIMG_2989 (resized).JPGIMG_2987 (resized).JPGIMG_2987 (resized).JPGIMG_2990 (resized).JPGIMG_2990 (resized).JPG

#7711 4 years ago

Nice idea. Just a "holder" for the LED strip, right? Any pics from outside the cabinet?

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Nice idea. Just a "holder" for the LED strip, right? Any pics from outside the cabinet?

Yes, just a holder for the strip without doing anything permanent to the cabinet. I meant to post external pics, but must have somehow messed up. I can take some more later, but here is my previous post that shows the overall results when I was testing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5292016

I probably spent more than is reasonable just to illuminate the buttons (wouldn't be the first time I did such a thing on a pinball machine), but I like them. Here in the next day or two I'm going to calculate what everything costs, and if there is enough interest (I'd probably need at least 5 orders) then I'll sell full plug-and-play kits that include everything.

#7714 4 years ago

My "Duct Tape Solution" (tm) would be much less elegant than this one!

I might have some interest in a kit for this.

Actually, I have a bunch of RGB LED boards left over from my GoT project. I bet a simple bracket might suffice to hang this near the flipper buttons. Might not be bright enough, but worth a try.

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I must say, for a sci-fi movie from 1956, it really held up IMO. The SFX had to be incredibly advanced for the time as they were extremely well executed. The one thing that was kind of funny is that space travel was in a flying saucer very similarly shaped to the AFM versions. They even had a scene where they were coming out of lightspeed travel and they put themselves in a process that looked very similar to the transporter of Star Trek. I wasn't quite sure what was going on here, they defiantly weren't transporting, but this had to definitely influence that element of the Star Trek TV show.
[quoted image]

The ship was decelerating to sub-light speed, therefore:

"A variation of the classic transporter beam was employed in the ship's D.C. (deceleration) stations to protect the spacecraft's occupants from the worst effects of decelerating out of hyperspace and back into real-space. This feature was later internalized in the newer starships which used warp drive nacelles, thus making the point where the actual jump in or out of warp space or hyperspace virtually unnoticeable."

Lot of interesting reading about Forbidden Planet here:

http://www.pjfarmer.com/secret/contributors/forbiddenplanet.htm

#7716 4 years ago

So I have a switch error on AMFr and noticed switches 48, 71 and 72 are all not registering. Test comes up as(CHECK SWITCH 48 RIGHT TOP LANE). They all seem to share the same black wire. Not seeing any breaks along any of the wires either. I have continuity from all three on the black wire back to the plug at the furthest left position on J8. CGC support has gone silent on me for almost a week. Any ideas how to narrow down what the issue is?

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My "Duct Tape Solution" (tm) would be much less elegant than this one!
I might have some interest in a kit for this.
Actually, I have a bunch of RGB LED boards left over from my GoT project. I bet a simple bracket might suffice to hang this near the flipper buttons. Might not be bright enough, but worth a try.

I'd be happy to sell the brackets separate on their own for $10 including US shipping. They are 3D printed in black with adhesive backing covering the entire surface for attaching to the interior of the cabinet. I'll even add a hole in the center bracket handle in case someone wants to screw them into place. Anyone can PM me if interested in purchasing.

#7718 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

The ship was decelerating to sub-light speed, therefore:
"A variation of the classic transporter beam was employed in the ship's D.C. (deceleration) stations to protect the spacecraft's occupants from the worst effects of decelerating out of hyperspace and back into real-space. This feature was later internalized in the newer starships which used warp drive nacelles, thus making the point where the actual jump in or out of warp space or hyperspace virtually unnoticeable."
Lot of interesting reading about Forbidden Planet here:
http://www.pjfarmer.com/secret/contributors/forbiddenplanet.htm

Very cool (in a sci-fi nerdy kind of way). Thanks for the link.

#7719 4 years ago

So, after evaluating everything, I'm offering my interactive illuminated flipper mod kit for $50 including US shipping. I will want a minimum of 5 commitments before I'm willing to take orders (I have to buy many of the items in bulk to make the kit). After the initial 5, I will need commitments in increments of 5 to fulfill subsequent orders. Please reply to this post if you are in, and if we hit at least 5 by the end of the weekend then payment will be required and I'll begin production.

Kit will include everything you need to illuminate both flipper buttons and will interact with the speaker lights:
- Power splitter to tap into speaker lighting
- Cabling from the backbox to the cabinet
- Splitter in cabinet to left & right extension cables
- 2x Extension cables
- 2x Interface to LED strips
- 2x LED strips (3 SMD each)
- 2x 3D printed LED strip adhesive mounts
- 2x Transparent flipper buttons with springs

I will also create step-by-step directions for installation. There will be no modification of the pin or its wiring required.

AFMr.gifAFMr.gif
#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, after evaluating everything, I'm offering my interactive illuminated flipper mod kit for $50 including US shipping. I will want a minimum of 5 commitments before I'm willing to take orders (I have to buy many of the items in bulk to make the kit). After the initial 5, I will need commitments in increments of 5 to fulfill subsequent orders. Please reply to this post if you are in, and if we hit at least 5 by the end of the weekend then payment will be required and I'll begin production.
Kit will include everything you need to illuminate both flipper buttons and will interact with the speaker lights:
- 2x Extension cables
I will also create step-by-step directions for installation. There will be no modification of the pin or its wiring required.[quoted image]

I'm in!

Rob

#7721 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- 2x Extension cables
I will also create step-by-step directions for installation. There will be no modification of the pin or its wiring required.[quoted image]

I’d like a set

#7722 4 years ago

That's 10+ commits for the flipper button mod thus far.

rrosenhouse
Vyzer2
Chappie101
wolftownjeff
Monte_
Bentleybear
mjannusch (maybe 2 if works with MBr)
Tilted81 (maybe 2)
Wolftownjeff (maybe 2)

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's 3 commits for the flipper button mod thus far.
rrosenhouse
Vyzer2
Chappie101

& wolftownjeff

#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- 2x Extension cables

Any idea if these will work for MBr too?

#7725 4 years ago

I'm in as well for at least one set. 2 sets if it'll work in MBrLE also (which I'd think it would).

#7726 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Any idea if these will work for MBr too?

Quoted from mjannusch:

I'm in as well for at least one set. 2 sets if it'll work in MBrLE also (which I'd think it would).

Good question. Can someone take some close-ups of the following in MBr for me?

- The LED connection to the speaker (remove the backglass and lower the speaker panel. You should see a 4 wire connector (square shaped if viewed from end) somewhere near the left and/or right speaker with red/gree/blue and a yellow or black wire probably). Connectors will look like the photo below.
- An inside shot of each of the button areas like I posted here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5293448

C3E76460-D8B6-4E1E-9DB6-A4FA0BB702F7 (resized).jpegC3E76460-D8B6-4E1E-9DB6-A4FA0BB702F7 (resized).jpeg
#7727 4 years ago

Here ya go! Also, IN!!
94F7CA36-51C8-4E2C-8FBB-486D0C645D91 (resized).jpeg94F7CA36-51C8-4E2C-8FBB-486D0C645D91 (resized).jpeg9EB731C9-F514-4922-B1A7-BC263F3A4B0E (resized).jpeg9EB731C9-F514-4922-B1A7-BC263F3A4B0E (resized).jpeg

2BB07CA1-C120-4E5C-B53B-68B7C8F3F148 (resized).jpeg2BB07CA1-C120-4E5C-B53B-68B7C8F3F148 (resized).jpeg
#7728 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- 2x Extension cables

Can you show a pic of your connection at the speakers? We run our undercab lights through that connection, plug and play, and I just want to make sure there won’t be any compatibility issues so people don’t have to worry about it if they have our kit already (or have yours and want ours). If you made your connections like we made ours, anyone who buys your flipper buttons will not have to worry about compatibility with our undercab lights. And yes, the connection is the same for MBR. You must have an SE or an LE for these to work.

Our undercab and instructions can be found here:

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fattack-from-mars-remake-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- 2x Extension cables

I am in!

#7730 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you show a pic of your connection at the speakers? We run our undercab lights through that connection, plug and play, and I just want to make sure there won’t be any compatibility issues so people don’t have to worry about it if they have our kit already (or have yours and want ours). If you made your connections like we made ours, anyone who buys your flipper buttons will not have to worry about compatibility with our undercab lights. And yes, the connection is the same for MBR. You must have an SE or an LE for these to work.

All I do is use a Y cable with the same 4 pin connectors to feed off of the RGB +12V. I don’t see any reason why both wouldn’t be compatible. Mine could just Y off your Y, or even Y off the other speaker.

Better yet, for those who already have your mod, I could offer a 3 way splitter that would replace yours and my two way ones. That way they would only need one splitter but it would feed both mods.

I can try to get a pic up tomorrow.

#7731 4 years ago

Okay, I’ve been getting lots of PMs and things are getting hectic (I never thought the mod would be so popular). So, I’m definitely going to do a first run. I think I’ll give everyone a chance to commit through Sunday, so I can order all the materials on Monday. I’ll be PMing everyone over the next couple of days to provide payment info.

After seeing the pics for MBr, my mod will also work for it. I’ve also had a question about working with MMR. Are there any MMR owners out there who can confirm that the connections are the same (pics would be great)?

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- 2x Extension cables

Set me up for 1.

#7733 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I’ve been getting lots of PMs and things are getting hectic (I never thought the mod would be so popular). So, I’m definitely going to do a first run. I think I’ll give everyone a chance to commit through Sunday, so I can order all the materials on Monday. I’ll be PMing everyone over the next couple of days to provide payment info.
After seeing the pics for MBr, my mod will also work for it. I’ve also had a question about working with MMR. Are there any MMR owners out there who can confirm that the connections are the same (pics would be great)?

Mmr does not have speaker lights that are stock with the game.

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mmr does not have speaker lights that are stock with the game.

Does it have any RGB line you can tap into?

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does it have any RGB line you can tap into?

No.

#7736 4 years ago

MMR might be doable with the new rgb lighting and panel upgrade kits coming out.

#7737 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

MMR might be doable with the new rgb lighting and panel upgrade kits coming out.

If a MMR was equipped with the RGB lighting as the other CGC pins are, I’m sure they would use the same wiring and both my nod and the under cab lights should have no issues connecting. It sounds like the MMr RE will have standard, but I’m still unclear if there will be a full RGB retrofit offered, and if so when it will be released.

#7738 4 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Set me up for 1.

On the list. FYI, please PM me with your address and I can provide an accurate shipping quote.

#7739 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If a MMR was equipped with the RGB lighting as the other CGC pins are, I’m sure they would use the same wiring and both my nod and the under cab lights should have no issues connecting. It sounds like the MMr RE will have standard, but I’m still unclear if there will be a full RGB retrofit offered, and if so when it will be released.

Sounds like every MMR will be able to be updated to what the RE is going to have.

#7740 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here you go. Pic of current splitter with potential add-on male lead to power both buttons & undercab, along with pic with everything tucked in place.

BTW, not only do I crimp my wire leads, but I also solder and test them to ensure 100% they work and will not fail.

2.jpg2.jpg1.jpg1.jpg

#7741 4 years ago

How long of LED strips do most people use for undercabinet lighting? 10SMD, or...20SMD+?

Huh...I would have thought comet pinball would have rgb led strips...but I can't find them there. Do we have to go to Ebay or something to find them?

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

How long of LED strips do most people use for undercabinet lighting? 10SMD, or...20SMD+?
Huh...I would have thought comet pinball would have rgb led strips...but I can't find them there. Do we have to go to Ebay or something to find them?

I can't speak to the length, but if you want a full DIY and not the plug-and-play kit from Lermods or the flipper button kit I'm offering, then these will do the trick: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMMHQDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

If you don't want the brightness of the 5050 SMDs, then you could go with a 2835 SMD strip or something in between.

#7743 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here you go. Pic of current splitter with potential add-on male lead to power both buttons & undercab, along with pic with everything tucked in place.
BTW, not only do I crimp my wire leads, but I also solder and test them to ensure 100% they work and will not fail.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think you need to make that extra lead for undercab. Your connections will work fine with my undercab, no issues.

Quoted from Gogdog:

We use 4 feet for undercab lighting and use the 5050, 2835 is too dim IMO.

#7744 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can't speak to the length, but if you want a full DIY and not the plug-and-play kit from Lermods or the flipper button kit I'm offering, then these will do the trick: amazon.com link »
If you don't want the brightness of the 5050 SMDs, then you could go with a 2835 SMD strip or something in between.

Ah nice...learn something new every day. Ok, so with those strips, you cut in 3 smd sections (so 3, 6, 9, etc), and then solder the wires directly to the strips at the 4 connection points.

Though...the led strips I was buying from comet are usually 6.3V, and these are 12V (though comet does sell 12V versions as well). I guess the speaker lights in AFMr are running 12V that you are tapping into, vs the GI lights (that I tapped into to run a trough light) are 6.3V?

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ah nice...learn something new every day. Ok, so with those strips, you cut in 3 smd sections (so 3, 6, 9, etc), and then solder the wires directly to the strips at the 4 connection points.
Though...the led strips I was buying from comet are usually 6.3V, and these are 12V (though comet does sell 12V versions as well). I guess the speaker lights in AFMr are running 12V that you are tapping into, vs the GI lights (that I tapped into to run a trough light) are 6.3V?

Yes those strips can be cut in multiples of 3. Yes, RGB lighting is 12V in the game. You can either solder or use connectors.

#7746 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think you need to make that extra lead for undercab. Your connections will work fine with my undercab.

Just an OCD thing for the buyer, do they want 2 splitters linked together or a single one.

#7747 4 years ago

I’m in. Thanks for the MBr crossover post

#7748 4 years ago

FYI, cutoff for first round of AFMr/MBr flipper button lighting kit will be this Sunday at 1:00 Central (must have paid by then). I'll be sending out PMs to everyone who has expressed interest thus far later today to everyone listed here, but please PM me if you want to order and aren't in the list below:

Dashmonster
rrosenhouse
Vyzer2
Chappie101
wolftownjeff
Monte_
Bentleybear
mjannusch
Tilted81

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think you need to make that extra lead for undercab. Your connections will work fine with my undercab, no issues.

We use 4 feet for undercab lighting and use the 5050, 2835 is too dim IMO.

Thanks for the info...wow, I never would have thought 4' worth...I would have definitely made it way too short if I had just guessed. Though now that I think about it, it is a large area to illuminate (the entire bottom of the cabinet). I guess if 4' is too bright for my room, its easily cut after the fact anyway.

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, cutoff for first round of AFMr/MBr flipper button lighting kit will be this Sunday at 1:00 Central (must have paid by then). I'll be sending out PMs to everyone who has expressed interest thus far later today to everyone listed here, but please PM me if you want to order and aren't in the list below:
Dashmonster
rrosenhouse
Vyzer2
Chappie101
wolftownjeff
Monte_
Bentleybear
mjannusch
Tilted81

If it works on both AFMR LE and MBr LE l’ll take two

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.