pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 212.
#7651 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished v2 of my building mod. In this one, I tried to add cracks to the windows using a tested process where I actually have a waterslide decal embedded between printed layers of the clear plastic. What I learned is that it works, but my cracks need to be a lighter gray instead of black (this will be v3). I also added a couple of blast craters on the roof (front left and back right), and I reworked the inside light mounting to better diffuse the fire LEDs (I had to make it 1 cm taller to accommodate).

Nice work! I think you need to have real flames shooting out of the top of the building. Make it butane refillable.

#7652 4 years ago

Thought I would share my final version of the building mod (sorry, no real flames).

IMG_2947.JPGIMG_2947.JPGIMG_2948.JPGIMG_2948.JPGIMG_2949.JPGIMG_2949.JPGIMG_2950.JPGIMG_2950.JPGIMG_2952.JPGIMG_2952.JPGEatE.gifEatE.gif
#7653 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thought I would share my final version of the building mod (sorry, no real flames).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! If I didn’t already have the Mezel version, I’d buy this. I like it better. The green in the windows complements the green in the game nicely.

#7654 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! If I didn’t already have the Mezel version, I’d buy this. I like it better. The green in the windows complements the green in the game nicely.

Thanks. I chose that green specifically because of how it went with the game and because green is a common tint for glass buildings.

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks. I chose that green specifically because of how it went with the game and because green is a common tint for glass buildings.

The cracked windows look great!

#7656 4 years ago

I believe that my building is different enough from the other one out there, so I've decided to offer it for sale. Each building is printed from multiple 3D printed parts and assembled and glued together. The broken glass effect is achieved by embedding a waterslide decal between layers of the 3D print, so they will never fade, bubble, come loose, or otherwise degrade. The burn effects are actual burn marks that I apply with a fire starter, and I then spray the entire model with a flat clearcoat to lock in the efffect. I use Comet Matrix wiring and lighting for the fire effects and illuminated roof sign, and will include everything needed to install and connect the mod (including a harness to tap into a GI connector without modifying the current wiring). The model friction fits tightly over the chute so that there is no permanent adhesion required, and it sits flush at the base w/o interfering with the ball lock gate.

I'm offering the building for $120 which includes US shipping (will ship internationally on a per quote basis). Be default, my building is done in white marble and green glass, but I'm also happy to do custom colors (e.g. pure white, off-white, etc. for the building, and clear, blue, or some other color for the glass). I don't even mind changing the message on the roof sign as long as it can fit. While I won't do any design changes to the building, color changes or message change on the roof sign will not cost anything extra.

I have a several year history of designing, creating, and selling pinball mods (I've done mods for numerous pins, but primarily focus on the ones I own), and I know there are a few in this group that can vouch for me or I'm happy to point anyone to some of my other work if you are on the fence. For this piece, I will typically be able to ship within one week of payment. Please PM me if interested, and we can arrange details.
EaE.gifEaE.gif

#7657 4 years ago

Back to my crackling plastics issue that I brought up a few weeks ago. After careful evaluation of all my plastics (I actually put my reading glasses on so I could see more details), it appears that the only ones that are really flawed are the two lane return pieces (of course, these are the two that you constantly see while playing). After speaking with CGC support, they informed me that they could only sell an entire set, but they pointed me to Bay Area Amusements where OEM individual pieces are sold. Ended up only costing me $20 with shipping to replace the two pieces. Just thought I would let everyone know in case some other current AFMr owners out there have the same issue.

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While I won't do any design changes to the building, color changes or message change on the roof sign will not cost anything extra.

Wow, that’s a game-changer! I may rethink keeping the Mezel version now... Decisions, decisions...

#7659 4 years ago

UV light show!
IMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPG
IMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPG

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

UV light show!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s cool!

#7661 4 years ago

Just received and installed my v2 chip from distributor. Now what do I do? I assume I can power down the flippers a little now? What do people suggest who have dialed theirs in?

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I assume I can power down the flippers a little now?

Yes, if you want in the CGC menu.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What do people suggest who have dialed theirs in?

They might have different power than you. Try different settings to see what you like.

LTG : )

#7663 4 years ago

I have my flippers at -2 anymore power. Than that and it was flying off the right wire form

#7664 4 years ago

I turned my flippers all the way down to -7 this week & can still make all the shots

#7665 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those are nice, but I really like the Pinball Life Britecaps (have them in my Getaway). They have an outer ring that stays lit and an inner ring you can adjust to light based on the vibration of the pop firing. This gives a good visual to go along with the pop action.
https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

Someone should make bumper caps shaped like UFOs to cover those lights.

#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just received and installed my v2 chip from distributor. Now what do I do? I assume I can power down the flippers a little now? What do people suggest who have dialed theirs in?

I used the popper adjustment to dial in the SOL eject placement. Too strong hit the guide and too weak SDTM.

#7667 4 years ago

So I saw on Pawn Stars this week someone bringing in their Forbidden Planet poster to the shop. The poster reminded me of the art on AFM, and since I don't ever recall watching the movie as an adult (I could only remember a couple of things about it from when I saw it probably 35-40 years ago - I definitely didn't know the plot), I decided to check it out last night.

I must say, for a sci-fi movie from 1956, it really held up IMO. The SFX had to be incredibly advanced for the time as they were extremely well executed. The one thing that was kind of funny is that space travel was in a flying saucer very similarly shaped to the AFM versions. They even had a scene where they were coming out of lightspeed travel and they put themselves in a process that looked very similar to the transporter of Star Trek. I wasn't quite sure what was going on here, they defiantly weren't transporting, but this had to definitely influence that element of the Star Trek TV show. Also, a very young Leslie Nielsen played one of the lead roles. As someone who pretty much only knows him from his slapstick (Airplane, Naked Gun Series, etc.), I kept waiting for him to crack a deadpan joke, but of course this never happened.

If you've not seen it before or if its been awhile, and you're a sci-fi fan then you should check it out.
Forbiddenplanetposter (resized).jpgForbiddenplanetposter (resized).jpg

#7668 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So I saw on Pawn Stars this week someone bringing in their Forbidden Planet poster to the shop. The poster reminded me of the art on AFM, and since I don't ever recall watching the movie as an adult (I could only remember a couple of things about it from when I saw it probably 35-40 years ago - I definitely didn't know the plot), I decided to check it out last night.
I must say, for a sci-fi movie from 1956, it really held up IMO. The SFX had to be incredibly advanced for the time as they were extremely well executed. The one thing that was kind of funny is that space travel was in a flying saucer very similarly shaped to the AFM versions. They even had a scene where they were coming out of lightspeed travel and they put themselves in a process that looked very similar to the transporter of Star Trek. I wasn't quite sure what was going on here, they defiantly weren't transporting, but this had to definitely influence that element of the Star Trek TV show. Also, a very young Leslie Nielsen played one of the lead roles. As someone who pretty much only knows him from his slapstick (Airplane, Naked Gun Series, etc.), I kept waiting for him to crack a deadpan joke, but of course this never happened.
If you've not seen it before or if its been awhile, and you're a sci-fi fan then you should check it out.
[quoted image]

Thinking about transporters in star trek...

Doctor Who used a transmat before star trek. I think that's where it came from maybe.

Or doctor who got it from forbidden planet? Lol

#7669 4 years ago

What is the German guy saying in this game (I can easily understand everything else)?

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I received my PinStadium lights today, and just finished installing them. I must say that I am not disappointed. For now I’m just going with a fixed color and brightness (not using any of the randomizations), but I love how it brightened the game. I have it set to where lighting is more cool in color the way I like it. I can also now actually see the backboard.
My favorite part has to be the UVs tapped into the center saucer flasher - awesome light show!
Without PinStadium
[quoted image]
With PinStadium
[quoted image]

Ok...so I'm looking for a definitive answer on this. With the AFMrs….did they use phosphorescent paint for the green on the playfield? (saucers, highlights around the light lock triangles, etc).

I have tried holding a flashlight to the paint and it doesn't glow like "glow in the dark" paints do. Do you have to have special UV bulbs to make them glow?

I also tried out and installed some glow in the dark titans but they sure don't glow much.

20191102_134542 (resized).jpg20191102_134542 (resized).jpg

I'm wondering if its because there are no UV lamps. I could switch out my red trough light for UV though if its going to make a difference...

#7671 4 years ago

I guess you didnt see my recent pic. Yes the paint glows big time under uv lamps. And yes the titans gitd rubbers do not glow alot. I bought them more for the color which ties in well to the playfield. Also the uv effect drops when all the gi and insert lights are on. Just as it drops in your gameroom with lights on.

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...so I'm looking for a definitive answer on this. With the AFMrs….did they use phosphorescent paint for the green on the playfield? (saucers, highlights around the light lock triangles, etc).
I have tried holding a flashlight to the paint and it doesn't glow like "glow in the dark" paints do. Do you have to have special UV bulbs to make them glow?
I also tried out and installed some glow in the dark titans but they sure don't glow much.
[quoted image]
I'm wondering if its because there are no UV lamps. I could switch out my red trough light for UV though if its going to make a difference...

Look up a few posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5282406

The paint is UV reactive and requires UV light to “glow”, not a standard flashlight. The paint is not phosphorescent (ie it does not charge and maintain luminescence).

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look up a few posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5282406
The paint is UV reactive and requires UV light to “glow”, not a standard flashlight. The paint is not phosphorescent (ie it does not charge and maintain luminescence).

Thanks guys..yeah...I didn't see the recent pic (dumb mistake on my part)...thanks all for the explanations!

#7674 4 years ago

Glad to finally join the club.

0068B270-0CC1-4385-AF97-3E00C653A2BB (resized).jpeg0068B270-0CC1-4385-AF97-3E00C653A2BB (resized).jpeg
#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Glad to finally join the club.[quoted image]

Awesome, and welcome! Guess I'm no longer the newbie around here - tag, you're it!

#7676 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What is the German guy saying in this game (I can easily understand everything else)?

Sorry to quote myself, but I just came across this detail of all the game’s call outs, so I thought I would share: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/afmquotes.html

#7677 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I could switch out my red trough light for UV though if its going to make a difference...

I have UV trough light, and it makes a noticeable difference down low, especially with my Titan GITD flipper rubbers.

#7678 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Destroying the saucer with my Pinstadium UV flashers connected to the mother saucer flasher. Not sure why things come across so red at the end of the video. Hope this gives you some idea of what to expect.

Which Pinstadium kit did you have to buy to make this happen on your game? They have to many options. It looks amazing. Thanks for the video.

#7679 4 years ago

Finally got around to playing with the custom logo. I tried several, but in the end settled for something simple. Since it is so small, anything with too much detail or not enough contrast just didn't work well, IMO.

If anyone would like my image then please PM me with your email address.
Logo.jpgLogo.jpg

#7680 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Which Pinstadium kit did you have to buy to make this happen on your game? They have to many options. It looks amazing. Thanks for the video.

The standard version is all you need (of course you can always go bigger): https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights

FYI, when I bought mine less than a month ago I searched the web and found a current 15% off promo code before I ordered: "buffalo". Not sure how long this will be active, but you should at least try it if you are going to order.

#7681 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Finally got around to playing with the custom logo. I tried several, but in the end settled for something simple. Since it is so small, anything with too much detail or not enough contrast just didn't work well, IMO.[quoted image]

How did you do that?

Is there documentation?

Thanks,

RussM

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

How did you do that?
Is there documentation?
Thanks,
RussM

Instructions are in the manual.

#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

How did you do that?
Is there documentation?
Thanks,
RussM

In the manual, but outlined in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/27#post-4095492

You just need a microSD card to transfer the file.

#7684 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The standard version is all you need (of course you can always go bigger): https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-lights
FYI, when I bought mine less than a month ago I searched the web and found a current 15% off promo code before I ordered: "buffalo". Not sure how long this will be active, but you should at least try it if you are going to order.

Thanks T,
So, you didn't have to buy the flasher kit in addition too

#7685 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks T,
So, you didn't have to buy the flasher kit in addition too

The UV flashers are included. Just pick AFMr for your game. If you want to add on the other kit for multiple flasher integration then that is extra.

#7686 4 years ago

Finally got around to creating a badge for those AFMr Classic owners that don't have anything in the blank space. However, I noticed that it can also go on the speakers, coin doors, and really anywhere on the machine that you'd like. Market link below for those interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87165

Speaker View (resized).jpgSpeaker View (resized).jpgPanel View Ref (resized).jpgPanel View Ref (resized).jpgIMG_4670 (resized).JPEGIMG_4670 (resized).JPEG
#7687 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry to quote myself, but I just came across this detail of all the game’s call outs, so I thought I would share: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/afmquotes.html

Thank you for posting this Mr_Tantrum, for a long time I wanted to know all the quotes in the game too

Cheers!

#7688 4 years ago

Nice job on the badge, I always thought a alien face on the speakers lit up would be sick.

#7689 4 years ago

So, yesterday I colored my 4 aliens' exposed muscles silver (used a silver Sharpie), designed and made myself a decal for the top of the 3 center targets (modeled after the existing one out there I like), adjusted the target mech so that it was more level and balls wouldn't get stuck with it lowered, and ordered all the parts to make interactive illuminated flipper buttons (I still need to design a 3D print model for the brackets that the LED strips will adhere to).

If others are interested, the illuminated integrated flipper buttons are a mod that I would be willing to sell as a kit to make it easy on those less prone to doing DIY projects. Probably not for everyone and I don't really have a final tally on it yet, but just something I wanted to do to my game.

#7690 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, yesterday I colored my 4 aliens' exposed muscles silver (used a silver Sharpie), designed and made myself a decal for the top of the 3 center targets (modeled after the existing one out there I like), adjusted the target mech so that it was more level and balls wouldn't get stuck with it lowered, and ordered all the parts to make interactive illuminated flipper buttons (I still need to design a 3D print model for the brackets that the LED strips will adhere to).
If others are interested, the illuminated integrated flipper buttons are a mod that I would be willing to sell as a kit to make it easy on those less prone to doing DIY projects. Probably not for everyone and I don't really have a final tally on it yet, but just something I wanted to do to my game.

Pics?

#7691 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Glad to finally join the club.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Congrats! It's a great game!

#7692 4 years ago

Well, nothing that others haven't already done and shared in this thread. However, I'm thinking about and working on a couple of other small things. Once I get the buttons wired and working then I'll post pics of everything.

#7693 4 years ago

Has anyone done any custom coin reject inserts for this game yet? That will definitely be something on my "to do" list as I don't like the generic ones that come with the game. They look like someone is turning up the volume to me instead of inserting a coin. Seriously, who holds a coin like that when they are about to insert it into a game? Also, looks like a woman's hand with well manicured fingernails. Not that I have anything against women, but just not representative of the vast majority of middle-aged men pinball enthusiasts of whom I imagine mostly have unkept nails (I've seen enough of my share of close-up pics and vids on Pinside to be highly confident in my assertion).

I'd probably go with Martian heads (either b&w outline or maybe even a color image would work with these).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7694 4 years ago

You can buy green coin rejects from twisted quarter. Here’s a link for the inserts.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BxfIenA1e2fNdXZ4OWdFeERWUWs

192F95FE-3D10-4C93-8E94-51A583E8BEB8 (resized).jpeg192F95FE-3D10-4C93-8E94-51A583E8BEB8 (resized).jpeg
#7695 4 years ago

I'm very frustrated

I just received the two lane return replacement plastics I ordered to replace my crackling ones, and they have the same exact issue. Now I have to go through the hassle of trying to return them or get them replaced with good ones.

Originals
IMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPG

Replacements

IMG_2974 (resized).JPGIMG_2974 (resized).JPGIMG_2973 (resized).JPGIMG_2973 (resized).JPG
#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You can buy green coin rejects from twisted quarter. Here’s a link for the inserts.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BxfIenA1e2fNdXZ4OWdFeERWUWs[quoted image]

Thanks. I may still see what the green Martians look like.

#7697 4 years ago

So here is what I did decaling the mothership area. I still want to come up with something for the drop target (maybe a reticle with an explosion - I'm open to ideas). I'm not going to do anything for the green Martian targets or the two targets behind the gate since I like the transparent green, and the other two are hardly visible from the player's perspective.

- Made a 3 target series with a flying saucer theme and a marsscape as the background
- Made the 3 target bank top decal
- Colored the exposed muscles of all 4 Martians with a Silver Metallic Sharpie

IMG_2975.JPGIMG_2975.JPGIMG_2967.JPGIMG_2967.JPGIMG_2966.JPGIMG_2966.JPG
#7698 4 years ago

I still need to design a mounting bracket for the LEDs, but overall the illuminated flipper buttons were a fairly simple mod. Of course I had to order all of the parts and make my own wiring harness to tap into the LED speaker connector, but everything went smoothly.

ezgif.com-optimize.gifezgif.com-optimize.gif
#7699 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So here is what I did decaling the mothership area. I still want to come up with something for the drop target (maybe a reticle with an explosion - I'm open to ideas). I'm not going to do anything for the green Martian targets or the two targets behind the gate since I like the transparent green, and the other two are hardly visible from the player's perspective.
- Made a 3 target series with a flying saucer theme and a marsscape as the background
- Colored the exposed muscles of all 4 Martians with a Silver Metallic Sharpie[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those Martians look great! I need to do this!

#7700 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

- Colored the exposed muscles of all 4 Martians with a Silver Metallic Sharpie[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good Mr Tantrum, slightly different approach to targets

4F8955D2-FC74-4C71-94EF-4B0910215D77 (resized).jpeg4F8955D2-FC74-4C71-94EF-4B0910215D77 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.