pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 212.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've already printed a template and it works great. Now just need to get the time to print the actual final model. I plan on using a white marble filament for the exterior. I'll provide plenty of pics and a video to show it off once I'm done.[quoted image]

White might be too stark a contrast with what's on the playfield.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

White might be too stark a contrast with what's on the playfield.

This is white marble which has an overall appearance of a light grey, and I think it will look really good for a modern style building.

Here is a pic with true white on bottom and the marble white on top.
IMG_2871 (resized).JPGIMG_2871 (resized).JPG

Here's a pic of one of my JP mods using the white marble for the T-Rex sign. You can see the contrast between the marble and the white decal part of the sign.

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg
#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is white marble which has an overall appearance of a light grey, and I think it will look really good for a modern style building.
Here is a pic with true white on bottom and the marble white on top.
[quoted image]
Here's a pic of one of my JP mods using the white marble for the T-Rex sign. You can see the contrast between the marble and the white decal part of the sign.[quoted image]

Ah, not as white as white then.

It's still pretty light, but might look ok if you detail it with smoke and scoring damage.

#7554 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I kind of like Mezel's E@E building, but I don't really care for the overall style of it. I think the game calls for something more modern that matches the skyscrapers in the artwork of the backboard & backglass. Therefore, I've decided to design and build my own. Mine will have an illuminated sign on top, green tinted windows to match the game, and two fire bulbs on the inside. Also, it will be secured via friction fit and a magnet sheet so it is not permanently affixed, but still secure in place and won't rattle.
I've already printed a template and it works great. Now just need to get the time to print the actual final model. I plan on using a white marble filament for the exterior. I'll provide plenty of pics and a video to show it off once I'm done.[quoted image]

Shattered windows near the side impact would be a cool effect with the ones on the left side mostly intact.

I mean the building was just hit by a spaceship.

Faux realism! Lol

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Shattered windows near the side impact would be a cool effect with the ones on the left side mostly intact.
I mean the building was just hit by a spaceship.
Faux realism! Lol

I like that idea. I might play with it to see what I can do.

Well, I messed around and realized that with broken windows you'll see the inside of the model which I don't want. You might just see black, but you could also see empty space and on the upper windows you might see the wires and lighting. Maybe I can figure out a way to make them at least looked cracked, but not sure.

#7556 4 years ago

Why not have a ship half embedded in it.

#7557 4 years ago

...and avoid comic sans font.

#7558 4 years ago

"Eat at Eddy's" seems strange with it being an office looking building. I'd lean towards "Eddy's Inc.", "Eddy's Wood Co.", or "Eddy's Supply".

Just my .02.

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

"Eat at Eddy's" seems strange with it being an office looking building. I'd lean towards "Eddy's Inc.", "Eddy's Wood Co.", or "Eddy's Supply".
Just my .02.

I look at it more as an advertising billboard. They're all over office buildings in LA, advertising for everything from restaurants to new TV shows.

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

...and avoid comic sans font.

I love that font....

#7561 4 years ago

Eat at Eddy's is on the back glass, so Eddy's is definitely a restaurant. I'd stick with that. Though, I do agree that it should not look like an office building.

#7562 4 years ago

Well, I didn't realize there was such passion over the AFM chute cover design. My intent is to design and create something that I like for my game, and that I think fits the theme of the existing artwork. That is definitely a modern style building, IMO, when looking at the buildings on the backboard and the backglass. The "Eat at Eddy's" is just a fun tie in. I see it more as a billboard on top of the building like you would see in many large cities. Heck, at worst Eddy's is a national chain and this building is home to their corporate HQ, so why not have your slogan on top of the building? I'm pretty much settled on my initial model, but I may later try to work in some additional damage to the building as I can make time to work on it.

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I look at it more as an advertising billboard. They're all over office buildings in LA, advertising for everything from restaurants to new TV shows.

Yes this is correct. It’s a billboard basically. A restaurant wouldn’t be tall enough to cover the VUK. Makes sense to me. I have it and I love it.

#7564 4 years ago

Personally I don't think any building really fits. Everything else in the game, you are attacking Martians, gathering weapons etc. And saving cities.

Why would you shoot one of our own buildings?

That lock shot is for gathering the troops and getting the missiles locked on. So I'm not sure how a building, restaurant or otherwise, fits this?

Although I do agree the eat at Eddy's mod looks awesome.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Personally I don't think any building really fits. Everything else in the game, you are attacking Martians, gathering weapons etc. And saving cities.

I think the point is the Martians are attacking cities, and this is a building in the city you are defending. You are not really shooting the building in the lock shot, at least I don't perceive it this way. Just like you are not shooting the black chute when the mod is not there. It is just a ball return.

#7566 4 years ago

I think you guys are reading too much into it. They wanted to come up with a mod that would cover the VUK. The building is in the perfect shape of the upside down J of the VUK and covers it perfectly, with the cut out section looking like a blown away piece of the building from the Martian Attack. The billboard adds to the theme. Then the light adds a cool effect. What else would you want to put there?

#7567 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

What else would you want to put there?

maybe a blank billboard that one could advertise whatever they want.

Adult film venue
Groceries
Car parts
Lingerie
Cannabis dispensary etc...

Be creative!

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I think you guys are reading too much into it. They wanted to come up with a mod that would cover the VUK. The building is in the perfect shape of the upside down J of the VUK and covers it perfectly, with the cut out section looking like a blown away piece of the building from the Martian Attack. The billboard adds to the theme. Then the light adds a cool effect. What else would you want to put there?

Well, in everyone else's defense, I think I was the only one whining about it.

I think you are all probably correct, I'm over thinking it. Covering up the vuk with an awesome looking building is a win.

#7569 4 years ago

Mezels, looks great however a enhanced version with a saucer crashed in the side would be.... out of this world!

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Mezels, looks great however a enhanced version with a saucer crashed in the side would be.... out of this world!

The mezel one already has this, and red light effect.

It's a very cool mod.

#7571 4 years ago

Should have been more specific, I wasn’t talking about the mothership I was thinking more of a saucer crashing the sign on top of the building

#7572 4 years ago

So here is my first prototype. I still need to put burn marks on it, but overall I think it came out pretty good.

With PinStadium
IMG_2878.JPGIMG_2878.JPGIMG_2874.JPGIMG_2874.JPGwps.gifwps.gif

Without PinStadium
IMG_2877.JPGIMG_2877.JPG

wops.gifwops.gif
#7573 4 years ago

Does this game get boring faster than most or is there always deep energy and magic to be extracted? Every time I play this game I love it. How is it’s staying power relative to say TZ or Dialed In?

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So here is my first prototype. I still need to put burn marks on it, but overall I think it came out pretty good.
With PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Without PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image]

I actually really like that! Definitely interested in seeing what it looks like once you're done.

#7575 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks great!

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

With PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Without PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its coming alone nicely! The big improvement for me is the lighted sign which I think looks great.

#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Does this game get boring faster than most or is there always deep energy and magic to be extracted? Every time I play this game I love it. How is it’s staying power relative to say TZ or Dialed In?

Literally never tired of it. Ever.

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I actually really like that! Definitely interested in seeing what it looks like once you're done.

I like that also! Nice job.

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

The LE is the total package. Topper totally makes the experience. I've played hundreds of games on it and still like it.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Added a scoop light (ice blue) and a trough light (UV).
I selected the ice blue because I thought it would complement the light blue graphics and the blue inserts above "return to battle" light. However, I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. I may order a green strip next time I need something from Comet (will be soon). I like the UV light. The camera exaggerates the blue, but in person it looks much better. Throws some light on the area and makes the UV rings really glow.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just got my green LED strip installed, and I like it much better than the ice blue - definitely the way to go.

IMG_2880.JPGIMG_2880.JPGIMG_2881.JPGIMG_2881.JPG
#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LE is the total package. Topper totally makes the experience. I've played hundreds of games on it and still like it.

I never tire of it.
Basically you never know if you will RTU or be kicked in the nuts...

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

#7582 4 years ago

Looking at mods for my AFM original and came across the Eat at Joes mod for the outscoop. These apparently are not made anymore, has anyone by chance have one or come with any other mods for covering this area?

#7583 4 years ago

Did anyone put a green trim on a CE?

#7584 4 years ago

I never tire of it.
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Haha!! I haven't successfully saved 3 countries ONCE yet in my hundreds of plays.
And I thought I was "good" at pinball...

I do LOVE it though!

And I guess I have to get the Super Jets to 0 before Video Mode is actually possible? I did NOT know that, but happy to hear it.

I grinded for a couple hours last night. You're right. Some games you can't save one country much less RTU. What's sadder is once I complete "my goal" of saving 3 countries... that's only like half way there.

#7585 4 years ago

Oh, I know. I ALWAYS know. And my nuts ain't happy.

I do love this game though!

#7586 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Haha!! I haven't successfully saved 3 countries ONCE yet in my hundreds of plays.

I think you need to utilize the super skill shot to help you accomplish your goal, if you are not already doing so (Page D in the manual).

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think you need to utilize the super skill shot to help you accomplish your goal, if you are not already doing so (Page D in the manual).

Yes! It helps!

#7588 4 years ago

Finished my E@E building. Took a fire starter to it & then a flat clear coat to seal it in. Wen't more for a subtle burn than a crispy one.

IMG_2887.JPGIMG_2887.JPGIMG_2888.JPGIMG_2888.JPG
#7589 4 years ago

Also, I have the PBL BriteCaps on order (red) and Cliffy's too. After that, I may design a few target decals for the red targets (I like how the green ones look, so I'll keep those plane), then call it a day. Well, I also plan on doing some LED flipper buttons and tying those into the speaker lights, along with adding some of the static cling Titan button area protectors.

#7590 4 years ago

You should make these it turned out great. I definitely want one if you do great job!
Harley D.

#7591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hmm, given that I don’t know what you are referring to [light bleed] my game must not have that issue. I’ve done nothing aside from my mount mod with the thin post sleeves.

1167033B-1B34-4497-9F27-B118FABFAC37 (resized).jpeg1167033B-1B34-4497-9F27-B118FABFAC37 (resized).jpeg

Light bleeding through the cracks near the speakers. I didn’t see any in your photos, but I have seen it in person on other LE remakes with light-up speakers. I was wondering if you had added something to fill the cracks. I guess your panel must have a tighter fit than most.

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

[quoted image]
Light bleeding through the cracks near the speakers. I didn’t see any in your photos, but I have seen it in person on other LE remakes with light-up speakers. I was wondering if you had added something to fill the cracks. I guess your panel must have a tighter fit than most.

I’ve not noticed that, but now I’m curious and will look more closely. I would think that if it were there then I would have been bothered by it by now. Here is a pic of my panel lowered to compare with yours (I assume you have the issue). Probably a couple of ways to resolve it as I’ve had some bleed on my Getaway when I added illuminated flipper buttons. I just created a black bead using electrical tape that sealed the gap, but you could also use some beaded weather stripping on the back edges of the panel.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151#post-5253223

#7593 4 years ago

Awesome eat at eddies mod. Wanting to know how this was done.

#7594 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Awesome eat at eddies mod. Wanting to know how this was done.

My own 3D design and 3D print. I sourced Comet lighting products and custom made my own wiring harness to tie it into GI w/o altering original wiring in any way. Then used a fire starter to create burns, and finally coated with clear matte finish spray enamel.

#7595 4 years ago

awesome job- would be interested in trying but i dont have the printing machinery

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

awesome job- would be interested in trying but i dont have the printing machinery

Cointaker appears to still have the other version available https://cointaker.com/products/attack-from-mars-eat-at-eddys-building

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I don't think it get's boring, but I also don't feel like a game needs to have deep rules to keep me hitting the start button. Give me a simple set of rules over a game where the rules are so deep your average player has no ideas what's happening. The rules in AFM are near perfect.

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

~$180 bucks and you can get your own Ender3 and start. Or you can troll craigslist for one. I sold the one I had that was in perfect condition with some upgrades and filament for $100.

#7599 4 years ago

I didn't realize the Eat @ Eddy's MOD was so popular because it covered the VUK! (and looks like it belonged in the game from the factory)

I have much to learn about pinball...

I do NEED this...

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I didn't realize the Eat @ Eddy's MOD was so popular because it covered the VUK! (and looks like it belonged in the game from the factory)
I have much to learn about pinball...
I do NEED this...

I do like the mezel one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/152?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.