IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 211.
#7501 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that sucks. It's DEFINITELY their problem, and it's not a cosmetic issue that would have manifested within two weeks of manufacture. It's a factory defect of using the wrong ink on the PET-G plastic, causing a reaction where the ink crackles OVER TIME. This problem didn't begin to show itself for MONTHS (almost a year in our case), which is normal for this kind of defect. They were kind enough to replace the ones we had, even though this one was second-owner.
Sucks that they're blowing the issue off now and making you pay for their defect.

CGC sent out free replacements to any original owner that had cracking on the ink.
I got all of mine replaced in 4 days.

If the original owner didnt ask for the replacements then I guess they didnt notice it at all.

Its pretty minor in most cases.

There is also a replacement for the poorly formed SOL protector for original owners.
They sent me that too.

Its true that when you buy a used game, you get all of the unresolved issues and none of the warranty.
Fortunately all of this can be sorted out

#7502 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Do the pinstadiums turn off for strobe multiball?

Yes.

In installing the Pinstadiums, you'll wiretap the GI and (more than likely the saucer) for the flasher. When the GI goes out during strobe multiball, the GI on the Pinstadiums also goes out.

#7503 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that sucks. It's DEFINITELY their problem, and it's not a cosmetic issue that would have manifested within two weeks of manufacture. It's a factory defect of using the wrong ink on the PET-G plastic, causing a reaction where the ink appears to crackles OVER TIME as it pulls away from the plastic. This problem didn't begin to show itself for MONTHS (almost a year in our case), which is normal for this kind of defect. They were kind enough to replace the ones we had, even though this one was second-owner.
Sucks that they're blowing the issue off now and making you pay for their defect.

Okay, that is interesting. Why would they not offer consistent support in the same situation? Might it be because I'm beyond the initial 2 year warranty (even though that is not what was communicated to me?).

#7504 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

CGC sent out free replacements to any original owner that had cracking on the ink.

And to second owners, too. We got a set and were not original owners.

The point is, this isn't a garden variety wear and tear or cosmetic issue, but a defect that absolutely is not visible withing two weeks of manufacture and takes months for the ink to react badly and show up as crackling. CGC did the right thing by replacing them on the one here last year, but to backtrack now and require people pay for their error when it's a clear manufacturing defect is disappointing.

#7505 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, that is interesting. Why would they not offer consistent support in the same situations? Might it be because I'm beyond the initial 2 year warranty (even though that is not what was communicated to me?).

That's the only consistent explanation I can think of, and one I can understand, but they should have said THAT. The two week thing is flat-out wrong because of the nature of this defect.

#7506 4 years ago

Well, I followed up with a reply equipped with the new info about what is occurring and how they have replaced for others. I'll see how they respond.

LTG, do you have any input on this or can you help me?

#7507 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I'm really on the fence about adding Pin Stadium lights, mainly due to the cost of the mod. For those of you who have them, I was wondering what your thoughts are once you've owned them for awhile and played several games. How might you persuade met to go for it, or do you regret your decision in any way? I've seen every post related to Pin Stadium in this thread, but they are somewhat limited and I know that photos probably don't do the lighting justice. Also, I'm sure everyone posted when they first installed the lights, and opinions may have changed as time passes.
My main desires are as follows:
- General better illumination of the middle of the playfield
- General better illumination of the back of the playfield
- Making the UV reactive inks on the playfield pop/glow (e.g. the green saucers, et. al.) - this would also be good for my Titan glow rings.
Also, have any of you purchased them at shows, and was there any kind of discount for doing so other than saving shipping? If I decide to buy them, I'm not sure I can wait until TPF 2020, but depends on if they offer a significant discount.

Pinstadiums are a polarizing product/mod. You find people that either love them or loathe them. Lately, responding to a Pinstadium query in a club forum just invites downvotes...so, I'll be brief w/ no intent to persuade whatsoever.

I have them on all of my machines, including AFMr and a fifth incoming machine. Each set I own has been outfitted with 'invisi-shields' and 'hovers'. I had no interest in the Fusions and the new Omegas are apparently not compatible w/ the hovers I have.

It does all of the 'desires' you bulleted. Only you can justify the cost. Use discount codes like 'buffalo' or 'SDTM' for a 10% discount if you don't want to wait for a sale.

I'm not a fan of the older magnetic mounts. It's a PITA to remember to safely remove the lights every time you need to raise the playfield. And the magna-mounts do wear out over time, meaning, they don't hold as well and they get scuffed from raising/lowering the playfield to the point where they need to be replaced. The invisi-shields do not prevent light leakage from all viewing angles from the side...meaning, you will still see rainbow LED reflections if you're looking across a stretch of machines in a line. I got better at installing the hovers w/ practice, but my first couple attempts were embarrassingly bad. The app works fine, but right now iOS13 is not fully-compatible w/ the app...it works, just not entirely as intended right now (not Pinstadium's fault).

Overall, they are what you think they are.

#7508 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry. I have no say in this.

LTG

#7509 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry. I have no say in this.
LTG

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#7510 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I followed up with a reply equipped with the new info about what is occurring and how they have replaced for others. I'll see how they respond.

You have to remember that our replacement was a year ago. Also, if you're outside the "normal" 2 year warranty, that's probably grounds for you spending $139 to replace it. The other owner should have had it taken care of within the 2 year period since it started showing up on machines after about 6-8 months.

When I initially replied, I didn't realize we were outside the 2 year warranty period (time flies!). I'm pretty sure that means you're on your own.

#7511 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to remember that our replacement was a year ago. Also, if you're outside the "normal" 2 year warranty, that's probably grounds for you spending $139 to replace it. The other owner should have had it taken care of within the 2 year period since it started showing up on machines after about 6-8 months.
When I initially replied, I didn't realize we were outside the 2 year warranty period (time flies!). I'm pretty sure that means you're on your own.

I definitely understand my situation, and I am being very respectful in my communications with CGC. I'm just not one to take the first "no" for the final answer in any circumstance. I know that the frontline support staff follow the processes and rules that have been established, but somewhere up the line is a decision maker that has the final say regarding if/how to support the customer. I realize they have no obligation to do so, but if they were to make a decision to support me then they would definitely earn my support and public praise. If not, then I have nothing negative to express about them, I have no hard feelings, and I move on with life.

Added over 4 years ago:

To my surprise, the CGC technician (Art) just called me regarding the two cases I have open (PIC 2.0 chip & Plastics), and even transferred me to the VP of Sales (Ryan) who is responsible for approving the parts warranty. I must say that even though they have no obligation at all to support me (both as second owner of a game and also the 24 month warranty on my pin has expired), they were both extremely helpful, friendly, and supportive.

While they are unfortunately unable to provide me a replacement plastic set, Ryan took the time and effort to explain to me why. It isn't just a matter of policy or strict adherence to the terms of the warranty. Rather, due to the age of the AFM title they just don't have any plastic sets left in inventory to distribute. Regarding the PIC 2.0 chip, Art directed me to engage the original distributor, and they are now sending me the updated chip.

I can honestly say that my experience with CGC customer support in the few days I've owned my AFMr LE has been very positive, respectful, and extremely responsive to my needs. After actually speaking with Ryan & Art, I feel even more positive about their company and the quality products they are bringing to the pinball community. Ryan was also nice enough to chat a little pinball with me (wasn't in a rush to move on and get me off the phone), and even extended the offer for me to call their support team any time I might experience an issue with my game in the future.

I'm a firm believer of letting others know when I have a positive customer experience, and CGC has treated me as well as I could expect given my particular situation.

#7512 4 years ago

So since I'm changing out all of my rings, I'll be left with a full set of OEM black rings with only 80 plays on them. I don't know if anyone wants them or not, but I'd be happy to send them to the first to claim them for $10 (includes US shipping). Otherwise, they are just going in the trash.

#7513 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Otherwise, they are just going in the trash.

You should hang on to them just in case a rubber breaks. Can use till you get a replacement

#7514 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You should hang on to them just in case a rubber breaks. Can use till you get a replacement

Good point, let me correct my statement " . . . Otherwise, they are just going in storage."

#7515 4 years ago

I just finished installing my plastic protector set (the low-profile nuts were an absolute requirement - thanks neverahighscore for suggesting that). Other than that, it was just figuring out how to take everything apart and put it back together.

While I was at it, I also replaced all of the rings/sleeves that I could with my new ones. Now I only have all of those in the pop area under the ramp. I have no idea how to remove that ramp, so I'm about to go researching. OCD refuses to let me play the game until I get all of rings the same color.

UPDATE: Well my research hasn't yielded any info on how to remove the pop ramp in order to get to all of the rings underneath. Can someone please provide some instruction/pointers, or point me to documentation that explains how to do it? I guess I could just start taking things apart, but wanted to avoid any unnecessary steps.

#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just finished installing my plastic protector set (the low-profile nuts were an absolute requirement - thanks neverahighscore for suggesting that). Other than that, it was just figuring out how to take everything apart and put it back together.
While I was at it, I also replaced all of the rings/sleeves that I could with my new ones. Now I only have all of those in the pop area under the ramp. I have no idea how to remove that ramp, so I'm about to go researching. OCD refuses to let me play the game until I get all of rings the same color.
UPDATE: Well my research hasn't yielded any info on how to remove the pop ramp in order to get to all of the rings underneath. Can someone please provide some instruction/pointers, or point me to documentation that explains how to do it? I guess I could just start taking things apart, but wanted to avoid any unnecessary steps.

The one with the cow on it? Super easy.

1. remove two hex head screws on posts at entrance to the ramp
2. remove two small philips screws (#1 philips screwdeiver) on each side of the ramp flap at the entrance
3. remove two small steel screws at exit to the ramp where it connects to the wireform. BE CAREFUL HERE - there's a small stainless "bridge piece" under the ramp here - NOTE THE ORIENTATION BEFORE REMOVING THE SCREWS (or better yet, take a picture with your phone), and don't lose the piece.
4. Lift the ramp up and out of the way. If you need to remove it completely, you'll need to disconnect 2 wires under the playfield, but that's probably not necessary to change rubber.

#7517 4 years ago

Thanks, but I needed to pull the pop ramps too. Took me awhile, and it wasn't easy, but I finally figured it out.

Everything you said + for the back ramp you had to remove the right wire form, the 2 ramp flap screws, the long standoff post, the gate at the left end, and even then it wouldn't move enough out of the way for me to reach everything so I had to cut the 4 zip ties. Finally was able to move it around enough to get to all of the posts and rings. Put it all back together with no left over fasteners, so I would call that a success.

#7518 4 years ago

So here are my pics after updating all of the rings and sleeves to Titan glow-in-the-dark and also adding the Pinbits green plastic protectors. I really like the way it came out. My Cliffy's are on order and I have some light strips coming to illuminate the scoop and center trough using my homemade wire harnesses.
IMG_7972.jpgIMG_7972.jpgIMG_7973.jpgIMG_7973.jpgIMG_7974.jpgIMG_7974.jpgIMG_7980.jpgIMG_7980.jpgIMG_7970.jpgIMG_7970.jpgIMG_7971.jpgIMG_7971.jpgIMG_7975.jpgIMG_7975.jpgIMG_7976.jpgIMG_7976.jpgIMG_7977.jpgIMG_7977.jpgIMG_7978.jpgIMG_7978.jpgIMG_7979.jpgIMG_7979.jpg

IMG_2845 (resized).JPGIMG_2845 (resized).JPG
#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So here are my pics after updating all of the rings and sleeves to Titan glow-in-the-dark and also adding the Pinbits green plastic protectors. I really like the way it came out. My Cliffy's are on order and I have some light strips coming to illuminate the scoop and center trough using my homemade wire harnesses.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang...I wish I did Glow in the dark when I switched mine out. Bet it looks cool in strobe multiball. I did all green titan, which looks good too, but not as cool I guess. I should get a set of the plastic protectors too...really looks like it makes things glow.

#7520 4 years ago

You should look at red comet rings for the bumpers.

#7521 4 years ago
E3B824AE-3E46-41CB-B47A-248B089F54E8 (resized).jpegE3B824AE-3E46-41CB-B47A-248B089F54E8 (resized).jpeg
#7522 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

You should look at red comet rings for the bumpers.

Those are nice, but I really like the Pinball Life Britecaps (have them in my Getaway). They have an outer ring that stays lit and an inner ring you can adjust to light based on the vibration of the pop firing. This gives a good visual to go along with the pop action.

https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

#7523 4 years ago

FYI, if anyone orders a set of rings form Titan, please be aware that the AMFr set is different than the original. Eric and I worked this out, and he is going to add a profile for AMFr so that the game can have its own recommended kits. If you want, you can go by the manual (2-39), but you will need two add 2 additional of item C For the 2 mini-posts in the game (by default one post has the ring and the other doesn’t, but not listed in the rings itemization, and I wanted both covered). FYI, these are the 1” red pointed posts - one above the left Martian and the other above the large flying saucer.

#7524 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Titans play dead IMO. I'd use the glow-in-the-dark for accents like posts if you want, but Marco white is the way to go for the rubber. Lots more ball action. Marco is the only white rubber worth using. Everything else I've used falls short, and some are AWFUL.
I'd also have a look at the animated EL art blades from pingraffix. Really cool finishing move to the inside of the cabinet.

Agreed. Titans LOOK amazing, but PLAY AWFUL compared to the real stuff. Going to try the Perfect Play flipper rubber to see how it plays. I like color, but not willing to sacrifice feel to get it. I don't care about durability, since I'm not an operator.

#7525 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

the AMFr set is different than the original

I compared them all last night. The ring lists for both versions are actually the same. The Kit ID #3 that you ordered was a "custom" kit. The changes are in the description. https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3

Here is a "Stock" kit: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/17

If you plan to run the adjustable outlane post on the right side all the way down, I would change the 1-1/4" to 1-1/2"

#7526 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Agreed. Titans LOOK amazing, but PLAY AWFUL compared to the real stuff. Going to try the Perfect Play flipper rubber to see how it plays.

If you don't like Titan then your really not going to like Perfect Play IMO. Titans play way closer to rubber then PP.

#7527 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

If you don't like Titan then your really not going to like Perfect Play IMO. Titans play way closer to rubber then PP.

Good to know. Thanks.

#7528 4 years ago

Where can I buy the bracket for mounting the Martians?
What is the best pop bumper mod, Brite Mods or the Comet Bumper Disc Ring?

#7529 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I compared them all last night. The ring lists for both versions are actually the same. The Kit ID #3 that you ordered was a "custom" kit. The changes are in the description. https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3
Here is a "Stock" kit: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/17
If you plan to run the adjustable outlane post on the right side all the way down, I would change the 1-1/4" to 1-1/2"

Thanks for the clarification, Eric. I appreciate you taking the time to figure everything out, and updating the group. Above & beyond service like you always deliver.

#7530 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Where can I buy the bracket for mounting the Martians?
What is the best pop bumper mod, Brite Mods or the Comet Bumper Disc Ring?

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder. Really depends upon what you want. You can set the PBL's to always be on (like the Comets) or for the outer ring to always be on with the inner LEDs flashing based upon the pop's vibration (the sensitivity is adjustable with a small Philips head screwdriver). I spend all kinds of money with Comet and love their products, but in this one case I prefer the Pinball Life product. The PBL ones also have white under lighting and they simply snap into the wedge socket w/o any wires and no gluing to the cap is required (the comets have a wire with a socket at the end, and you need to hot glue them into the inside of the cap). Also, just to be clear, these do not fire by being tied into the pop bumper somehow. The center lighting is strictly based on vibration sensed by the mod. You'll have to play around with the sensitivity to try to localize it to the pops as best you can verses heavy bass or shaker motor triggering them.

Of course the BriteCaps are more expensive at $12.95 each ($39 for a set of 3) verses the Comet rings at $7.95 each ($24 for a set of 3)

britemod.gifbritemod.gif

#7531 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those are nice, but I really like the Pinball Life Britecaps (have them in my Getaway). They have an outer ring that stays lit and an inner ring you can adjust to light based on the vibration of the pop firing. This gives a good visual to go along with the pop action.
https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

You might want to check clearance.

#7532 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

You might want to check clearance.

No BriteCaps in PBL Clearance or rings in Comet clearance. What are you referring to?

#7533 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No BriteCaps in PBL Clearance or rings in Comet clearance. What are you referring to?

He probably meant physical clearance to make sure things fit ok.

#7534 4 years ago

Added a scoop light (ice blue) and a trough light (UV).

I selected the ice blue because I thought it would complement the light blue graphics and the blue inserts above "return to battle" light. However, I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. I may order a green strip next time I need something from Comet (will be soon). I like the UV light. The camera exaggerates the blue, but in person it looks much better. Throws some light on the area and makes the UV rings really glow.

IMG_2846 (resized).JPGIMG_2846 (resized).JPGIMG_2848 (resized).JPGIMG_2848 (resized).JPGIMG_2847 (resized).JPGIMG_2847 (resized).JPG
#7535 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

He probably meant physical clearance to make sure things fit ok.

There appears to be no extra room above the pop bumper caps for the Brite caps. The ramps are right on top of the caps.
Will they fit?

#7536 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Agreed. Titans LOOK amazing, but PLAY AWFUL compared to the real stuff. Going to try the
Perfect Play
flipper rubber to see how it plays. I like color, but not willing to sacrifice feel to get it. I don't care about durability, since I'm not an operator.

I'm pretty much all perfect play right now.

Titans were not as good for me.
Urethane also sucks..

I really like latex flipper rubber but it doesnt last at all.

I think perfect play rubber is similar enough to latex.

Pinballgoddess wont use anything else but perfect play.

Oddly she absolutely knows when I put something else on.

And generally hates everything but perfect play lol.

#7537 4 years ago

There appears to be no extra room above the pop bumper caps for the Brite caps. The ramps are right on top of the caps.
Will they fit?

Since I have the PBL BriteCaps on my Getaway, I can actually measure pop height with and without. I’ll try to get this done later and will report back.

#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Do the pinstadiums turn off for strobe multiball?

Yes, the pinstadiums shut off during strobe MB. The pinstadiums are tied to GI lighting and flasher of your choice. They will coincide with these lights.

#7539 4 years ago

Thank you to everyone who provided input, photos, and video in response to my request about Pin Stadium lighting. I just placed my order based upon everyone's positive reviews when used on AFM.

Also, if anyone else is on the fence, I searched the web and found a current 15% off promo code before I ordered: "buffalo". Not sure how long this will be active, but thought I would share with everyone.

#7540 4 years ago

Will they fit?

I test fitted this morning, and the BriteCaos will work without issue. However, you will need to remove the ramp to access all three pops.

Now just need to figure out which color. I color matched blues on my Getaway, and they look really nice. However, I don’t know how red with red caps would look.

For those of you who added the Comet rings, what color LEDs did you go with?

#7541 4 years ago

So up until now, I had only heard of strobe multi-ball. Was playing tonight in a totally dark room, my strobe is set to high, and voila . . . I was awarded SMB by SOL. WOW! What an experience - almost felt like I was at a rave or something. Absolutely loved it!

#7542 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So up until now, I had only heard of strobe multi-ball. Was playing tonight in a totally dark room, my strobe is set to high, and voila . . . I was awarded SMB by SOL. WOW! What an experience - almost felt like I was at a rave or something. Absolutely loved it!

It is rather intense with the ambient lighting off, isn't it?

#7543 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I test fitted this morning, and the BriteCaos will work without issue. However, you will need to remove the ramp to access all three pops.
Now just need to figure out which color. I color matched blues on my Getaway, and they look really nice. However, I don’t know how red with red caps would look.
For those of you who added the Comet rings, what color LEDs did you go with?

Thank you, come back and post some pictures once you install them.

#7544 4 years ago

#7545 4 years ago

I received my PinStadium lights today, and just finished installing them. I must say that I am not disappointed. For now I’m just going with a fixed color and brightness (not using any of the randomizations), but I love how it brightened the game. I have it set to where lighting is more cool in color the way I like it. I can also now actually see the backboard.

My favorite part has to be the UVs tapped into the center saucer flasher - awesome light show!

Without PinStadium
4A8371BF-5D4A-41EE-BE9E-ED489ABDF9E8.jpeg4A8371BF-5D4A-41EE-BE9E-ED489ABDF9E8.jpeg

With PinStadium
48200C27-701D-460A-95BC-2FE2201164C1.jpeg48200C27-701D-460A-95BC-2FE2201164C1.jpeg

#7546 4 years ago

So the speaker panel rattle on this game has been driving me crazy. In addition to rattling as a result of its own vibration, my game room is upstairs so just walking around it caused vibration. After thinking about it a little, I came up with a perfect solution that completely eliminates the speaker panel rattle. I unscrewed the two spacers that the top of the panel hooks onto. I then took some thin silicone post sleeves that I had, and pushed them down over the spacer. I put the screw back through the sleeve and spacer then reinstalled. It is a perfect fit and the sleeve absorbs all of the vibration.

E88C5746-21AA-4E80-8AA5-2C112166F607.jpegE88C5746-21AA-4E80-8AA5-2C112166F607.jpeg15D7D503-2098-4ED4-862D-A6CD02C3B2C2.jpeg15D7D503-2098-4ED4-862D-A6CD02C3B2C2.jpeg
#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So the speaker panel rattle on this game has been driving me crazy. In addition to rattling as a result of its own vibration, my game room is upstairs so just walking around it caused vibration. After thinking about it a little, I came up with a perfect solution that completely eliminates the speaker panel rattle. I unscrewed the two spacers that the top of the panel hooks onto. I then took some thin silicone post sleeves that I had, and pushed them down over the spacer. I put the screw back through the sleeve and spacer then reinstalled. It is a perfect fit and the sleeve absorbs all of the vibration.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very elegant solution!

#7548 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

With PinStadium

Looks great!

Not PinStadium related...

I don’t see any light bleed from your speaker lights. Did you do something to eliminate the often huge cracks you see on both sides of the panel? I’m always seeing the lights shining through.

#7549 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Looks great!
Not PinStadium related...
I don’t see any light bleed from your speaker lights. Did you do something to eliminate the often huge cracks you see on both sides of the panel? I’m always seeing the lights shining through.

Hmm, given that I don’t know what you are referring to, my game must not have that issue. I’ve done nothing aside from my mount mod with the thin post sleeves.

#7550 4 years ago

So, I kind of like Mezel's E@E building, but I don't really care for the overall style of it. I think the game calls for something more modern that matches the skyscrapers in the artwork of the backboard & backglass. Therefore, I've decided to design and build my own. Mine will have an illuminated sign on top, green tinted windows to match the game, and two fire bulbs on the inside. Also, it will be secured via friction fit and a magnet sheet so it is not permanently affixed, but still secure in place and won't rattle.

I've already printed a template and it works great. Now just need to get the time to print the actual final model. I plan on using a white marble filament for the exterior. I'll provide plenty of pics and a video to show it off once I'm done.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/151?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.