Topic Stats

• 8,557 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 257 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,636 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

218568B3-6D8E-476E-A73D-51EACAC45F26 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3998.JPG
CD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG
cable (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00480 (resized).JPG
DSC00481 (resized).JPG
72D34C0F-AE2F-4E18-A4F1-AF46E888FBC1 (resized).jpeg
8AB2926C-7A00-459B-B22C-3B1E0FB5A81F.png
020F260B-079E-417B-A5BF-2E272AF0A795.jpeg
337E3514-95E4-4766-B9B5-FDD3D5CDA4C5.jpeg
IMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpg
Shooter Lane Ramp.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8557 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 172.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Spoke to Cliff, and he said his protector set from the original game cane with a protector for the drain hole behind the ship. Can anyone confirm that this would work for the remake?

When I restored my afm, I used mantis on the SOL and cliffy under the saucer. I think mantis does one for the saucer as well, but for some reason I thought the cliffy was better for this area - probably since you can't really see it, so more surface protection the better.

#652 2 years ago

Adjusted the outlanes and the flippers a bit higher today - Not sure why the left flipper has more up/down motion than the right if I pull up on the flipper (up through the playfield) - everything seems to be secure. At any rate this really did help things out, and the game plays that much smoother.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

When I restored my afm, I used mantis on the SOL and cliffy under the saucer. I think mantis does one for the saucer as well, but for some reason I thought the cliffy was better for this area - probably since you can't really see it, so more surface protection the better.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the "lock" hole.

LTG to confirm, is that what you meant?

#654 2 years ago

Do you think there's too much pinball on the mind when you pass by a drive-thru speaker and think VERTICAL UP KICK!

IMG_20170913_161554 (resized).jpg

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you think there's too much pinball on the mind when you pass by a drive-thru speaker and think VERTICAL UP KICK!

Absolutely. This one always gets me:

1513448618748945702 (resized).png

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the "lock" hole.
LTG to confirm, is that what you meant?

No protection for the lock hole bc the original never had issues there. Mine is perfect and has a shit ton of plays. This new clearcoat tho seems to chip much easier no matter the maker. U have any pics?

#657 2 years ago

Gentleman, the wait is over finally... I'm proud to have now in my place my AFMr #255, my Brother lives across the street and he's got #81 (coincidentally he was born in 1981 so very lucky with his number!), since 3pm we're playing and now is 12:15am and I'm still here downstairs enjoying this amazing Pinball fellas! Simply amazing! Me and my Brother bought them blindfolded, we didn't try the game before at all, with our KISS and Batman66 we played before those orders.....(with Star Wars we cancelled our 2 L.E.s orders when we tried that one, good game but not for us honestly).

Both toppers are perfect, keys, no dents, no scratches, no hair cracks... the only issue that I have is that my Launch Ball doesn't light at all, any suggestion fellas please?

Regards
Paulo JC

IMG_1073 (resized).JPG

IMG_0200 (resized).JPG

IMG_1074 (resized).JPG

IMG_1077 (resized).JPG

IMG_1080 (resized).JPG

IMG_1087 (resized).JPG

#658 2 years ago

Just curious to know how you guys aligned your flippers. I know the rule of thumb is to put the back (without rubber) against a toothpick in the flipper alignment hole. However, when I do that on this game, it's sort of droopy. Curious to know how you guys did it.

Also, at 6.8 degrees I'm getting a lot of air balls, and the side drains are almost constant.

Any advice?

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just curious to know how you guys aligned your flippers. I know the rule of thumb is to put the back (without rubber) against a toothpick in the flipper alignment hole. However, when I do that on this game, it's sort of droopy. Curious to know how you guys did it.
Also, at 6.8 degrees I'm getting a lot of air balls, and the side drains are almost constant.
Any advice?

Turn the flipper strength down? Set up to 7- 7.2 degrees?

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Turn the flipper strength down? Set up to 7- 7.2 degrees?

Yep, I posted a page or so back with my settings at 7.2
I think it was -3 for flippers and slings set to min.

You can adjust the two outlane posts and pull them down to reduce drains.

As for the flippers I actually aligned them with toothpick in the holes with the rubber on.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I use an 8" long piece aluminum and hold it against ball guide rail; then, I just move the flipper paddle up to it and lock it down.

IMG_2284 (resized).JPG

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I use an 8" long piece aluminum and hold it against ball guide rail; then, I just move the flipper paddle up to it and lock it down.

AFM has always had that little droop in the flippers. Its part of the design, hence the alignment holes being where they are.
The flippers arent actually drooping they are just centered.

A lot of games are set that way, its part of the game.

If you un-center the flippers it makes it harder to hit the side martian targets which is a big part of the game, "killing martians"?

Im leaving my flippers set at the factory angle (droop) and having a blast!
Yes the outlanes are brutal, Yes the ramps reject bad shots and yes the game is tough with shorter ball times most of the time.

But the joy is that not all games are brutal.
Every so often I have a game that lasts forever and everything just "clicks". Followed by a sense of euphoria and accomplishment.

If I want long ball times I can play my Hobbit or WOZ.

AFMr is such a rush there really isnt any reason to fix it or simplify it or make it easier.

As far as the slings are concerned the adjustment isnt fine enough.
Max is just dumb, +1 is too strong, default is too strong and min is too weak.

Im hoping this can be addressed in future code updates.

Give is a few more increments of control on all of the coils.

I guess Im just spoiled with JJP giving us 32 levels of control on the coils to dial them in perfectly.

Oh well JMHO...now its time to "Return to battle soldier"...

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you un-center the flippers it makes it harder to hit the side martian targets which is a big part of the game, "killing martians"?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative but I have to disagree. It is no more or less difficult to hit the martian with the flippers aligned to the ball guides, and of course everyone should align the flippers the way they see fit.

AFM has always had that little droop in the flippers. Its part of the design, hence the alignment holes being where they are.

I agree 100% and after aligning the flippers to be in a straight line with the ball guide, the flipper alignment holes are now exactly at the back edge of the flippers instead of being under them.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Sorry, I'm not trying to be argumentative but I have to disagree. It is no more or less difficult to hit the martian with the flippers aligned to the ball guides, and of course everyone should align the flippers the way they see fit.

I agree 100% and after aligning the flippers to be in a straight line with the ball guide, the flipper alignment holes are now exactly at the back edge of the flippers instead of being under them.

Agree.
I can't stand droopy flippers.
Ghostbusters came set with crazy low droopy flippers. When put back to normal it was no more difficult to hit the shots at all. All it does is make it harder to trap up.

#665 2 years ago

I'm getting some wild airball action lately, especially from the lone drop target under the saucer.

Last night I had several balls hit the target squarely, then fly ALL the way back - in the air - over the flippers, or over the outlanes and into the drain. Yikes, I've not seen that before! It's like the drop target is energized!

Only recent adjustment was a slight increase in playfield tilt to ~6.8deg near flippers (~5.8deg near the saucer). That's only a ~0.2deg increase - that can't be it, can it? I've had mild airballs off the standup targets, but nothing like this. Note: also adjusted flippers to align with the outlane guides.

Any suggestions to adjust the drop target? Flipper strength?

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I'm getting some wild airball action lately, especially from the lone drop target under the saucer.
Last night I had several balls hit the target squarely, then fly ALL the way back - in the air - over the flippers, or over the outlanes and into the drain. Yikes, I've not seen that before! It's like the drop target is energized!
Only recent adjustment was a slight increase in playfield tilt to ~6.8deg near flippers (~5.8deg near the saucer). That's only a ~0.2deg increase - that can't be it, can it? I've had mild airballs off the standup targets, but nothing like this. Note: also adjusted flippers to align with the outlane guides.

I have the same experience, Flippers are at -3 and pitch is 7.2.

#667 2 years ago

Has anyone used it in a tournament yet? How are the mystery scoop awards handled? Thank you.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I have the same experience, Flippers are at -3 and pitch is 7.2.

Same here. Changed things a bit last night and seems to not be happening:

- 6.7 degrees (measured at flipper gap)
- Aligned flipper bat without rubber at alignment hole
- Flipper strength at -2

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I actually had this happen last night for the first time. Its was like the Martians were attacking back!

#670 2 years ago

After making my adjustments, the game is definitely more enjoyable. I just had a quick game and ended up completing all objectives, except I only had Mars to defeat (one more ball and I think I could have done it!).

Not sure if I'll keep the flippers where they are, or maybe line the rubber up on the adjustment hole to raise them a bit.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Same here. Changed things a bit last night and seems to not be happening:
- 6.7 degrees (measured at flipper gap)
- Aligned flipper bat without rubber at alignment hole
- Flipper strength at -2

In order for me to get anywhere near 6.7 I'd have to raise the front legs like crazy, not sure if that's just how it is or what.
My back legs are pretty much as low as possible, and I still had to raise the fronts a good amount to get to 7.2

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

In order for me to get anywhere near 6.7 I'd have to raise the front legs like crazy, not sure if that's just how it is or what.
My back legs are pretty much as low as possible, and I still had to raise the fronts a good amount to get to 7.2

Are you measuring with the glass off, on the playfield directly?
Use a cellphone app or a digital level.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I just had a quick game and ended up completing all objectives, except I only had Mars to defeat (one more ball and I think I could have done it!).

Attacking Mars is the part that keeps me from RTU. Those up the center shots are very dangerous and too often end up going down the right outlane or SDTM. The other objectives are all very doable, though getting them all in a single game is still challenging.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Attacking Mars is the part that keeps me from RTU. Those up the center shots are very dangerous and too often end up going down the right outlane or SDTM. The other objects are all very doable, though getting them all in a single game is still challenging.

Since the center shots are offset to the right, its allows me to hit target from the left flipper and bounce off to the right flipper back onto the left flipper. Rinse,repeat.
Its not super easy but doable once in awhile.

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I have never heard of anyone raising the front to lower the pitch. Your floor must have a crazy slope.

#676 2 years ago

Are you measuring with the glass off, on the playfield directly?
Use a cellphone app or a digital level.

Quoted from Nexyss:

I have never heard of anyone raising the front to lower the pitch. Your floor must have a crazy slope.

Yeah I'm using an app, laying the phone flat at the flippers. Weird.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Something isn't right. To get the proper slope (On a level surface) the front would be all the way down and the back 6-10 turns out.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Suggestion... Get a digital level for like $30 on Amazon. You'll never have to question your levelling again. I actually use two digital levels simultaneously, but I have OCD!

#679 2 years ago

Thanks guys,
I installed a different app and I'm sitting at 6.6 - Crisis averted!

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What position is the games bubble level at?

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Not much you can do with the drop target, if it's working.

Lower flipper strength. Check if the flipper rubber ring isn't too low or too high. And at rest if the flipper is positioned in the right spot.

LTG : )

#682 2 years ago

After playing for awhile. I ended up at 6.7 on mine. Lowered flipper and sling strength by 1 level. All that being said, this is a very brutal game, with lots of opportunity for airballs coming from the center. Fast shots, unforgiving post spots, and other things seem to make for an exciting, exhausting experience. A great machine.

This game is a must for plastic protectors, imho......ordered a set from pinbits last night. Hope the original AFM plastics are the same size as the ones in AFMR (Lloyd)?

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

After playing for awhile. I ended up at 6.7 on mine. Lowered flipper and sling strength by 1 level. All that being said, this is a very brutal game, with lots of opportunity for airballs coming from the center. Fast shots, unforgiving post spots, and other things seem to make for an exciting, exhausting experience. A great machine.
This game is a must for plastic protectors, imho......ordered a set from pinbits last night. Hope the original AFM plastics are the same size as the ones in AFMR (Lloyd)?

They should be identical.

#684 2 years ago

FINALLY!

IMG_2289 (resized).JPG

... apparently time stops when I turn off my machine

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

FINALLY!

Hah, I thought you got into the illusive time travel mode.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

What position is the games bubble level at?

I attached it, but I never typically trust these. I used a regular level I have at home.

15055242536081483060434 (resized).jpg

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

FINALLY!

How do you become Ruler of the Universe? Some guy named TEX rules mine from February!!! I'm on the board as grand Champion with around 9 billion ( I know, I know...play better), but is it score based or what?

#688 2 years ago

You have to complete all the in game achievements; Super Jets, Super Jackpot, Martian Multi-ball, Total Annihilation, Conquer Mars, and 5-Way Combo. Once completed, the Rule the Universe mode will light at the SoL Hole; this starts RtU multi-ball where you need to score 5 billion points within the allotted time to win the mode. This actually pretty much a gimme since there is a constant ball save that lasts the duration of the mode, and every target is worth huge points.

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You have to complete all the in game achievements; Super Jets, Super Jackpot, Martian Multi-ball, Total Annihilation, Conquer Mars, and 5-Way Combo. Once completed, the Rule the Universe mode will light at the SoL Hole; this starts RtU multi-ball where you need to score 5 billion points within the allotted time to win the mode. This actually pretty much a gimme since there is a constant ball save that last the duration of the mode and everything target is worth huge points.

Umm, I guess TEX will be ruling mine for awhile.....geez, How can I like a hobby so much that I'm barely average at?

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm, I guess TEX will be ruling mine for awhile.....geez, How can I like a hobby so much that I'm barely average at?

It's not easy to accomplish all that. But it's definitely attainable. That's part of what makes it a good game . The ultimate goal is hard, but not so far out of reach that us mortals can't do it.

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I wouldn't feel bad about not getting it right away, it took me 179 games to complete it and I already had a solid strategy on how to get there. I do think adjusting the flippers helped a lot as I was able to get fairly consistent at hitting the ball lock.

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's not easy to accomplish all that. But it's definitely attainable. That's part of what makes it a good game . The ultimate goal is hard, but not so far out of reach that us mortals can't do it.

Fortunately, I keep my expectations low, and will catch a good game every now and then.....love this game!!!

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I wouldn't feel bad about not getting it right away, it took me 179 games to complete it and I already had a solid strategy on how to get there. I do think adjusting the flippers helped a lot as I was able to get fairly consistent at hitting the ball lock.

Do you droop them a bit? The posts and Martian hits are killing me right now. Think I have to slow my roll a bit....

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do you droop them a bit? The posts and Martian hits are killing me right now.

No, I aligned them in line with the ball guides. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/14#post-3965687

#695 2 years ago

That's how I set mine.....I seem to hover in the 5-9 billion range right now, I'm sure it will progress when I get my plan sorted, and hit my shots better....great pin!!!

#696 2 years ago

Hahahaha... Man, the game just came out like a few weeks ago! Unless you're playing the original and accidentally stumbled onto this thread

Seriously though, congrats! I was on the last ship yesterday and it was pretty damn intense!

#697 2 years ago

And after posting that, I was itching for game, so went and played one quickie.

What a game! 21mil, beat Mars, and only needed Martian Attack to finish (which I missed by one shot earlier).

Sooooooo sooooooo close! Is it like Medieval Madness where after completing all tasks you start Battle for the Kingdom, or do you RTU once you do all objectives?

IMG_20170916_005057 (resized).jpg

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And after posting that, I was itching for game, so went and played one quickie.
What a game! 21mil, beat Mars, and only needed Martian Attack to finish (which I missed by one shot earlier).
Sooooooo sooooooo close! Is it like Medieval Madness where after completing all tasks you start Battle for the Kingdom, or do you RTU once you do all objectives?

Pretty sure you can get 21 Million with only one shot.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure you can get 21 Million with only one shot.

Hahahaha forgot what game I was playing! Yup, 21B

#700 2 years ago

Been playing since 6:00pm and it is 1:37am....

*The Proof here...

IMG_0258 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Milford, CT
There are 8557 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 172.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside