pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 212.
#7351 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just Joined the club! #45LE

Congrats! I am coming up on 2 years on my 619 and it’s the favorite.

#7352 4 years ago

Thanks guys!

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks guys!

Now go get that SI up and running!

#7354 4 years ago

I'm just about ready to torch the right hand scoop.

Has anyone got this consistently hitting the middle of the left flipper? I've tried about everything. (look at Bowen's tutorial video, the PAPA AFM is super consistent and that's what I want).

any ideas welcome. I've swapped the scoop out for a NOS one. changed the coil but its still inconsistent. I'm wondering if the game isn't storing enough power to make the coil fire at its fullest?

Neil.

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Has anyone got this consistently hitting the middle of the left flipper? I've tried about everything. (look at Bowen's tutorial video, the PAPA AFM is super consistent and that's what I want).
any ideas welcome. I've swapped the scoop out for a NOS one. changed the coil but its still inconsistent. I'm wondering if the game isn't storing enough power to make the coil fire at its fullest?
Neil.

Yes, 100% of the time. Add a piece of weatherstripping to the left side of the scoop.

#7356 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Neil,
Have you changed the settings in the CGC menu?
I adjusted R POPPER STRENGTH to -1 on my game. It hits the flipper nearly all the time now. The exceptions are nearly always during multiball when other could are firing as well such as the jets.

I too had screwed around with the scoop mech itself and adjust it and enlarged the holes trying to "aim" it. The setting above got me there.

#7357 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

My MBr scoop has a lot of slosh in the coil under the play field. Installing a spring washer in between the coil and the coil stop took up that slosh and really helped in the consistency with where the kick out landed on the left flipper. MBr recently came out with a code that added options for that coil power output which helped too.

You can get those spring washers at most hardware stores:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/99#post-4916947

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Now go get that SI up and running!

That will be a long time from now, haha! Transporter is first, still a long way out
F1B672EC-5A98-43A0-9163-9B4C22125CDF (resized).jpegF1B672EC-5A98-43A0-9163-9B4C22125CDF (resized).jpeg

... now back to your regular scheduled programming...

#7359 4 years ago

Chosen_S I hear you brother. It’s cooled down here to the point where I can tolerate working in the garage, but I need to deal with the mess first. Getting rid of all arcade projects except a couple. Having a CL sale and garage sale next month. I store the heat sensitive stuff in the house, but what a pain. Next house will have an air conditioned shop. LOL

#7360 4 years ago

Ordered a LE green trim

Friend told me I need to replace some kind of chip? Anyone can share any info on this?

Thx in advance!

#7361 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Ordered a LE green trim
Friend told me I need to replace some kind of chip? Anyone can share any info on this?
Thx in advance!

Contact your distributor for it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/61#post-4206654

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

If yours needs it, here are pictures. It's in the backbox.

LTG : )

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG
#7363 4 years ago

Ahhhh Tex...you have mocked me for far too long sir! But tonight your rule has ended.
Embarrassed to say how many games it took so I won’t but, damn, it felt good!

AB510AC4-5457-4BD0-9A40-B87195782563 (resized).jpegAB510AC4-5457-4BD0-9A40-B87195782563 (resized).jpeg
#7364 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Ahhhh Tex...you have mocked me for far too long sir! But tonight your rule has ended.
Embarrassed to say how many games it took so I won’t but, damn, it felt good![quoted image]

Tex can suck it...There's a new king in town!

#7365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Tex can suck it...There's a new king in town!

Thanks pinballinreno! It’s good to (finally!) be king.

#7366 4 years ago

An Attack From Mars pinball machine made a brief appearance in the Ad Astra movie as the crew was preparing to depart...for Mars.

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

An Attack From Mars pinball machine made a brief appearance in the Ad Astra movie as the crew was preparing to depart...for Mars.

Yay!
Someone has got to post a screenshot.
There's got to be crap, cam version on the net by now lol.

#7370 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Ordered a LE green trim
Thx in advance!

Yes if your pin was manufactured before January 2018 you will need the new Sol chip 2.0 as you see in the pictures above. My topper didn’t work at all until I got mine. Also fixes problems with flipper strength and coil damage. It’s a must install

#7371 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Was the movie good? I want to see it.

#7372 4 years ago

How would one be acquired if you are not the original owner? Still contact a local distributor?

#7373 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

How would one be acquired if you are not the original owner? Still contact a local distributor?

Usually CGC wants you to go through the original distributor, but since Game Room Guys were dicks about supporting a machine they sold - not wanting to handle the CRITICAL PIC upgrade for a second owner, despite the fact that leaving it as-is COULD PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE MACHINE, opening a ticket with CGC allowed us to get the chip upgrade directly from CGC.

Support ticket system is here:
https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

#7374 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Usually CGC wants you to go through the original distributor, but since Game Room Guys were dicks about supporting a machine they sold - not wanting to handle the CRITICAL PIC upgrade for a second owner, despite the fact that leaving it as-is COULD PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE MACHINE, opening a ticket with CGC allowed us to get the chip upgrade directly from CGC.
Support ticket system is here:
https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

Awesome, thank you. I'm in the process of acquiring a LE, and just trying to be prepared for things I might need to address.

#7375 4 years ago

Hi guys does anyone know how to remove the Martians only from the playfield? I need to send them to the Modfather for painting. I removed one screw from the one nearest the scoop and I expected it to lift off, but it seemed still firmly attached to the support rod it is on. I don’t want to break them removing them. Also is the main saucer plastic piece removable by just taking off those two white plastic screws on either side of the top? I have the AFMR LE in case it matters.

#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys does anyone know how to remove the Martians only from the playfield?

The rubber Martian has that metal holder with a fin sticking out shoved up it's hind parts to hold it on. The metal holder has one screw holding it to the plunger. Remove the screw.

Then wiggle, pull, yank, explosives, to free the metal bracket from the plunger.

Hard going back on, get as close as to can. The screw going back in will do the rest.

#7377 4 years ago

And yes just the two white plastic screws for the mother ship shell

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

That's my machine, they rented it from me for use in the movie.

#7379 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That's cool, immortalized in a great movie!

#7380 4 years ago

Not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but I have a verbal agreement on an AFMr LE (green) that I'm picking up Saturday. Super excited, and I've already ordered the green Pinbits plastic protectors (which I think look great) and all Titan glow in the dark rings (I've seen/played a AFM in person with this setup, and it looked fabulous).

I've also ordered a couple of Comet Matrix lighting strips - ice blue for scoop and UV for center drain. On traditional pins, I just alligator clip or solder into the GI circuit (typically just on the leads of a light socket). Given the electronics of this pin, how would I go about easily tying a light strip into the GI?

#7381 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but I have a verbal agreement on an AFMr LE (green) that I'm picking up Saturday. Super excited, and I've already ordered the green Pinbits plastic protectors (which I think look great) and all Titan glow in the dark rings (I've seen/played a AFM in person with this setup, and it looked fabulous).
I've also ordered a couple of Comet Matrix lighting strips - ice blue for scoop and UV for center drain. On traditional pins, I just alligator clip or solder into the GI circuit (typically just on the leads of a light socket). Given the electronics of this pin, how would I go about easily tying a light strip into the GI?

I'd love to see some pictures of that when your all done...

#7382 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'd love to see some pictures of that when your all done...

Most definitely. You'll be asking for my Pinside account to be suspended by the time I'm done posting! Can't come close to express how excited I am to obtain my dream pin.

#7383 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The rubber Martian has that metal holder with a fin sticking out shoved up it's hind parts to hold it on. The metal holder has one screw holding it to the plunger. Remove the screw.
Then wiggle, pull, yank, explosives, to free the metal bracket from the plunger.
Hard going back on, get as close as to can. The screw going back in will do the rest.

Thanks Lloyd you’re the best.

#7384 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Awesome!

#7385 4 years ago

Does anyone have any idea how to keep the ball from flying off the right habitrail when a clean shot is made to the lock shot? I turned the flippers down to the point where the game plays like garbage, and it still flies off. I've tried washers under the wireform on the slingshot. My game is perfectly level at 6.5 degrees and side to side. I have no idea what to do with this this thing.

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Does anyone have any idea how to keep the ball from flying off the right habitrail when a clean shot is made to the lock shot? I turned the flippers down to the point where the game plays like garbage, and it still flies off. I've tried washers under the wireform on the slingshot. My game is perfectly level at 6.5 degrees and side to side. I have no idea what to do with this this thing.

Roll the ball on the habitrail and see if it rolls cleanly without any jitter or a bump. If you can feel a bump when rolling the ball manually, even a little one, grind that down. At high speeds that will launch the ball.

I'd also recommend recording it with a phone in slo-mo mode so you can see exactly where the ball has the problem and goes airborne. Slo-mo mode is very educational for problems like this.

#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Roll the ball on the habitrail and see if it rolls cleanly without any jitter or a bump. If you can feel a bump when rolling the ball manually, even a little one, grind that down. At high speeds that will launch the ball.
I'd also recommend recording it with a phone in slo-mo mode so you can see exactly where the ball has the problem and goes airborne. Slo-mo mode is very educational for problems like this.

+1 on the slow-motion phone video. I use this all the time to dial-in return in-lane drops.

#7388 4 years ago

Has anyone been able to acquire or know of a source for the AFMr GI LED bulbs (interested in cool white)? I've communicated with Comet, and they do not have them nor are they going to. Apparently NiftyLED did not transfer any of their inventory, rather, they just referred all LED customers to Comet. NiftyLED is not communicating with any end-users from my understanding.

#7389 4 years ago

Well I finally beat my fiancee's 6.75 billion high score tonight. Just by a hair....

20190930_221729 (resized).jpg20190930_221729 (resized).jpg
#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I finally beat my fiancee's 6.75 billion high score tonight. Just by a hair....[quoted image]

Great job!

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I finally beat my fiancee's 6.75 billion high score tonight. Just by a hair....[quoted image]

If you really wanted to show your love, you should have entered her initials

#7392 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That would never happen in my house...

Love only buys so much.

Pinball scores are sacred.

I dont want the pinball gods any angrier at me than they already are !

Lol.

#7393 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Maybe when I beat this one...so I guess never

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Wife decided to toss me out to the curb on day two of owning...that will probably take me awhile to beat.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7395 4 years ago

Silly question from an owner in waiting . . . how many balls does this game take (I seem to not be able to find the answer)?

#7396 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the Molex/plastic connector type/model is that is used for the GI bulbs? I'd like to buy a few to tap into the cables for adding on some accessory GI lighting.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Silly question from an owner in waiting . . . how many balls does this game take (I seem to not be able to find the answer)?

4 balls. As for your bulb question, AFM just uses faceted bulbs, so these from comet should work, not sure if there was anything special about what Nifty made: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-non-ghosting

#7398 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can anyone tell me what the Molex/plastic connector type/model is that is used for the GI bulbs? I'd like to buy a few to tap into the cables for adding on some accessory GI lighting.[quoted image]

Have a look at the comet matrix system.

Lots of adapters and connectors there.

#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can anyone tell me what the Molex/plastic connector type/model is that is used for the GI bulbs? I'd like to buy a few to tap into the cables for adding on some accessory GI lighting.[quoted image]

Yep...I went through the same thing when I wanted to do my own trough light kit. (I wanted to learn how to soder/do own mods and save money by DIY vs buying a kit).

I added a trough light to a IMDN, DI, and AFMr….and each one required different ways to do it.

For attack from mars...its .100 IDC connectors.

I mean, you could just buy the IDC assembly from mezelmods ->

https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/4-pin-100-idc-assembly

But for DIY...here was my setup ->

2019-10-01_0935 (resized).png2019-10-01_0935 (resized).png

and most of the parts ->

20191001_094347 (1) (resized).jpg20191001_094347 (1) (resized).jpg

So the order is ->

1. 7 SMD led strip from comet

2. Comet matrix brightness adjuster

3. JST 2.0 connectors from aliexpress (something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848166904.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2e874c4dLct124)

4. 22 gauge wire

5. .100 IDC connectors from digikey. (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3-640620-4/A31090-ND/698308?utm_medium=email&utm_source=oce&utm_campaign=2452_OCE18RT&utm_content=productdetail_US&utm_cid=707689&so=57863092&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpBMll6TXdOekkxTTJVeiIsInQiOiI0RHUzUnB3Vm52V290dzZxR1JjNFJDNjBkclowRHRYTW5SSkxRT29oVkorSTZsZkNKWk5KOE5UWjkzVng3MUFUT29odFQ3OWx6UUlzeUg4ZkUyTXRxT1Q4VFArUkttWU1vaTFzSTA0elM4V2ZsdEVpMTl5NW9LMnN5bDBGTnAxQiJ9)

6. .100 IDC z-connector. I bet this strip of z-connectors are at digikey somewhere...but I couldn't find them. I had to buy a strip of z-connectors from mezelmods for $4. They aren't listed on their shop...I think I had to contact them directly to ask to buy it. You don't HAVE to buy a z-connector...you could just splice all the wires together, but I wanted to keep it completely removable.

#7400 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yep...I went through the same thing when I wanted to do my own trough light kit. (I wanted to learn how to soder/do own mods and save money by DIY vs buying a kit).
I added a trough light to a IMDN, DI, and AFMr….and each one required different ways to do it.
For attack from mars...its .100 IDC connectors.
I mean, you could just buy the IDC assembly from mezelmods ->
https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/4-pin-100-idc-assembly
But for DIY...here was my setup ->
[quoted image]
and most of the parts ->
[quoted image]
So the order is ->
1. 7 SMD led strip from comet
2. Comet matrix brightness adjuster
3. JST 2.0 connectors from aliexpress (something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848166904.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2e874c4dLct124)
4. 22 gauge wire
5. .100 IDC connectors from digikey. (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3-640620-4/A31090-ND/698308?utm_medium=email&utm_source=oce&utm_campaign=2452_OCE18RT&utm_content=productdetail_US&utm_cid=707689&so=57863092&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpBMll6TXdOekkxTTJVeiIsInQiOiI0RHUzUnB3Vm52V290dzZxR1JjNFJDNjBkclowRHRYTW5SSkxRT29oVkorSTZsZkNKWk5KOE5UWjkzVng3MUFUT29odFQ3OWx6UUlzeUg4ZkUyTXRxT1Q4VFArUkttWU1vaTFzSTA0elM4V2ZsdEVpMTl5NW9LMnN5bDBGTnAxQiJ9)
6. .100 IDC z-connector. I bet this strip of z-connectors are at digikey somewhere...but I couldn't find them. I had to buy a strip of z-connectors from mezelmods for $4. They aren't listed on their shop...I think I had to contact them directly to ask to buy it. You don't HAVE to buy a z-connector...you could just splice all the wires together, but I wanted to keep it completely removable.

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you! I'm a Comet Matrix connoisseur when it comes to the older DMD games, but this will be my first new generation pin with all this high-fangled technology.

Crazy that you have to go to 4 different sources.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/148?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.