Topic Stats

• 7,614 posts
  • 482 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Rolls-Royce
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,313 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ezgif.com-crop.gif
IMG_2904.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2900.JPG
1167033B-1B34-4497-9F27-B118FABFAC37 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2888.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG
wops.gif
IMG_2877.JPG
wps.gif
IMG_2874.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG
JP (resized).jpg
IMG_2871 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7614 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 153.
#7251 81 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

having the shield down (the 3 bank?) before multiball only allows you to work on the current saucer city, you cannot say get 2 saucers during any one multiball like MMr lets you endlessly work on the castles.

That's correct. Once it's back up it stays up till multiball ends. I try to save the multiballs till I get to the third or fourth country.

#7252 81 days ago

Well, there's always Dirty Pool!

AFM's ruleset is genius. Lots of different layers of strategy.

#7253 81 days ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Well, there's always Dirty Pool!

Good point! I just wish I could get it more.

#7254 81 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Good point! I just wish I could get it more.

Agreed!

#7255 81 days ago

Dirty pool is such an exciting bonus. I also like trying to have a ball trapped behind the shield (ready for dirty pool) when in Martian Attack or Total Annihilation. Then I try to avoid getting dirty pool.

Also, pay attention to your Martian Bombs when the martians are attacking. This is a good opportunity to go for the saucer (if you have enough bombs for the remaining martians) and if the ball is draining, quickly hit the launch button to bomb the final martian(s) to go into Martian Attack multiball.

#7256 81 days ago

Hi guys. I just had my left flipper die and go completely unresponsive while playing a game. It's not responding to the flipper test in the menu. Powered down and back on and still nothing. Right one working fine. Thoughts?? Attack From Mars (Remake - Classic)

#7257 81 days ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Hi guys. I just had my left flipper die and go completely unresponsive while playing a game. It's not responding to the flipper test in the menu.

wire off coil?

#7258 81 days ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

I just had my left flipper die and go completely unresponsive while playing a game.

Please go to Tests - Switch Edge - push flipper button in. Does the flipper button opto board respond on the screen ?

If not check the fuse on the board in the head. Edwin has your ticket, you should hear from him soon.

LTG : )

#7259 81 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Dirty pool is such an exciting bonus. I also like trying to have a ball trapped behind the shield (ready for dirty pool) when in Martian Attack or Total Annihilation. Then I try to avoid getting dirty pool.

Is this simply to hold one ball out of the way during multiball? Or is there something else to this?

#7260 81 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to Tests - Switch Edge - push flipper button in. Does the flipper button opto board respond on the screen ?
If not check the fuse on the board in the head. Edwin has your ticket, you should hear from him soon.

Hi--just did this now and it is responding on the screen.

#7262 81 days ago

In any of the 3 multiballs kill suacer and as the drop bank is coming back up send another ball up behind without sinking into hole until it up the whole way. The ball will rest on the top side of targets then like a captive ball on other games you smack the targets and the captive ball goes into ship

#7263 81 days ago
Quoted from stavio:

In any of the 3 multiballs kill suacer and as the drop bank is coming back up send another ball up behind without sinking into hole until it up the whole way. The ball will rest on the top side of targets then like a captive ball on other games you smack the targets and the captive ball goes into ship

Do you think Lyman planned for this or is that just a smart workaround the rules?

#7264 80 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Do you think Lyman planned for this or is that just a smart workaround the rules?

It's called Dirty Pool, as we've just been discussing above. It's in the ruleset. Not just a workaround.

#7265 80 days ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Is this simply to hold one ball out of the way during multiball? Or is there something else to this?

Yep. Just trapping it behind the targets as opposed to on a flipper.

#7266 80 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please turn the game off. Reseat all cables to LCD and from it to the board in the head. See if things improve.

Thank you Sir! I will let you know if this corrects it. You are always willing to help and I appreciate that.

#7267 80 days ago
Quoted from Fizz:

AFM's ruleset is genius. Lots of different layers of strategy.

Totally Agree. New surprises every play.

#7268 78 days ago

Hey CE owners. What are you doing with the blank area below the DMD? I'd like to put a Bally logo badge there, but can't find one that fits correctly. I tried the one from Bay Area Amusements, but it's too large. Any other thoughts?

#7269 78 days ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey CE owners. What are you doing with the blank area below the DMD? I'd like to put a Bally logo badge there, but can't find one that fits correctly. I tried the one from Bay Area Amusements, but it's too large. Any other thoughts?

I asked my wife to print me one on her vinyl cutter/printer (Cameo?) thing. I bought some mirror finish material. If you know someone with one of those, it was a pretty easy print. Let me see if I can find a pic...
IMG-2098 (resized).JPG

#7270 77 days ago

Joined the club yesterday!

20190803_000252 (resized).jpg
#7271 77 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Joined the club yesterday![quoted image]

Congrats! Beautiful game.

#7272 77 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Sweeeeet! Now go kick their Martian butts to the Moon.

#7273 77 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Excellent, congratulations! What number did you got?…

#7274 77 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Excellent, congratulations! What number did you got?…

95. Kinda neat to have a two digit serial. It has around 1400 plays and was really well cared for by the last owner (delt31).

#7275 77 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

95. Kinda neat to have a two digit serial. It has around 1400 plays and was really well cared for by the last owner (delt31).

#95... honestly, that’s very neat! ... I love that green LE

Cheers!

#7276 76 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please turn the game off. Reseat all cables to LCD and from it to the board in the head. See if things improve.

It did it again today. The Screen is on, it is as if during the boot up sequence the Os does not see the screen and skips the video. It seems to happen the first time it boots after being off a few weeks. A reboot usually fixes it. All cables seem to be drug although the black cable appears to be pinched by a zip tie.

Just curious if others have experienced this.

#7277 76 days ago

Added glow in the dark rubbers (mostly for the shade of green), an eject protector, and orange plastic protectors. I wasn't sure about the orange at first, but I think they look really cool so they're staying.

20190803_172834 (resized).jpg20190803_172838 (resized).jpg20190803_173505 (resized).jpg
#7278 76 days ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

It did it again today. The Screen is on, it is as if during the boot up sequence the Os does not see the screen and skips the video. It seems to happen the first time it boots after being off a few weeks. A reboot usually fixes it. All cables seem to be drug although the black cable appears to be pinched by a zip tie.

Bad or loose cable will do that.
Also a bad crimp on a wire inside a connector.

#7279 75 days ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Totally at a loss at the moment. Before when the video wouldn’t load, a quick power cycle would resolve in the screen coming on. I have snugged all the cables reseated the power cable, dvi adapter, hdmi, usb micro etc. the controller to pinball controller cable was not fully seated on the pinball controller board but that is it. After snug, power cycle (repeat) * 20 or so, it mostly has displayed the red light with the screen not coming on. The green light has come on a few times and froze with the Chicago screen. Sometimes the screen will flash the resolution and power light turns green (but blank). Of the success it will flash the resolution then go to the Attack red screen. Berry rarely has it gone Resolution, Chicago, resolution Attack.

If I had to guess the power supply is acting up or the HDMI cable is bad. I just don’t know enough about what the red light means (no power or No Video) I have had a green light with no video.

I am 7 days away from my Year warranty expiring. Thanks for the help.

21115F99-DB55-4B48-935B-940F7437EE4E (resized).jpeg3D86208D-A73F-473C-AFEA-C2F3B2F4D82E (resized).jpegF148DC04-B09A-42EF-86A7-4C9EF19ED9EF (resized).jpeg76978718-3B0B-4DEF-86D7-0E319A8F41DB (resized).jpegBE965B0E-FBD4-42E6-A4DC-098339A5A09A (resized).jpeg
#7280 75 days ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Totally at a loss at the moment. Before when the video wouldn’t load, a quick power cycle would resolve in the screen coming on. I have snugged all the cables reseated the power cable, dvi adapter, hdmi, usb micro etc. the controller to pinball controller cable was not fully seated on the pinball controller board but that is it. After snug, power cycle (repeat) * 20 or so, it mostly has displayed the red light with the screen not coming on. The green light has come on a few times and froze with the Chicago screen. Sometimes the screen will flash the resolution and power light turns green (but blank). Of the success it will flash the resolution then go to the Attack red screen. Berry rarely has it gone Resolution, Chicago, resolution Attack.
If I had to guess the power supply is acting up or the HDMI cable is bad. I just don’t know enough about what the red light means (no power or No Video) I have had a green light with no video.
I am 7 days away from my Year warranty expiring. Thanks for the help.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Power surge corrections are almost always a weak connection somewhere.

Failed boot, bad video etc.

Reseat the beaglebone in its pinned sockets and reseat all the connectors to it perhaps

#7281 75 days ago

I need the apron instruction cards for
Afm remake.
Can someone help me obtain these.
File or high rez scan would be great.
Ofcourse a donation for someone who is willing to help me out

Thanks

#7282 75 days ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

I need the apron instruction cards for
Afm remake.
Can someone help me obtain these.
File or high rez scan would be great.
Ofcourse a donation for someone who is willing to help me out
Thanks

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-ART-INSCARD

#7283 75 days ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

That piece connects the right wire form to the plastic ramp. Your top image is correct side up. The attached photo should clear it up.[quoted image]

That piece is riveted on. How bad was that riveted if BOTH rivets failed?

#7284 74 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Power surge corrections are almost always a weak connection somewhere.
Failed boot, bad video etc.
Reseat the beaglebone in its pinned sockets and reseat all the connectors to it perhaps

Feedback from CGC is that the red light indicates the watchdog circuit is active (controller loosing connection with the rest of the system) they advise to reseat all ethernet connections. Let see if this fixes it.

#7285 73 days ago

Rearranged the line up... Something is not quite right

20190806_175815 (resized).jpg
#7286 73 days ago
Quoted from stavio:

Rearranged the line up... Something is not quite right[quoted image]

Extend the wires and connect it up.

#7287 73 days ago

Good idea, I'd have the only 1974 EM with an interactive topper, when he gets bored of his machine he can travel around and see other things

#7288 72 days ago

I am sure this has been discussed before. However, just wanting fresh feedback. I played an original WMS/Bally AFM on location recently. The feel it had was remarkably different. Just a ROCK SOLID feeling compared to the remake which in my opinion feels hollow. Basically, my AFMr feels like a Stern. You know what I mean.

I have an old WCS 94 next to it that also feels like so much more of a quality cabinet in comparison.

The cabinets for the remakes, are they made by the same company that makes them for Stern perhaps?

#7289 72 days ago
Quoted from dugmar:

You know what I mean.

Interesting, i feel just the opposite lol.

It's all about setup snd adjustment in your case I think.

Freshly restored games have been played side by side with NIB games and seem identical.

However being a hand made item, no 2 games are truly identical.

#7290 72 days ago

It's all about setup snd adjustment in your case I think.

I agree. The remakes actually have better cabinets as they are 100% plywood. The originals have press board bottoms.

#7291 72 days ago

And melamine too. Mine is rock solid

#7292 72 days ago

Odd. I just played a MB remake and original as well. Same.

#7293 72 days ago

Me too... but I will say MMr still doesn't feel right to me. MBr and AFMr are both spot on or better than the originals IMO.

#7294 72 days ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Me too... but I will say MMr still doesn't feel right to me. MBr and AFMr are both spot on or better than the originals IMO.

Some MMr had the wrong plungers in the flipper coils.

Made them play weird...

#7295 72 days ago

I think AFM remake is perfect.

#7296 72 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I think AFM remake is perfect.

I agree, mine plays better than the original.

#7297 72 days ago

I think AFMr is perfect, too.

#7298 72 days ago

The only way to be sure is to play both side by side... blindfolded.

#7299 69 days ago

Joined the club with a pristine special Friday! Now...I have to read all the posts.

#7300 69 days ago

Was playing today, and at one point I guess I was hitting a lot of things and the topper started going nuts!

Made me realize once again how amazing this topper is, and how much it really adds to the playing experience.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Sale Pending!
Harpers Ferry, WV
There are 7614 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 153.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside