pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 212.
#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Does the DMD color upgrade on the CE also allow the main saucer to have red, blue, and green lights instead of just red?

Yes

#7152 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Does the DMD color upgrade on the CE also allow the main saucer to have red, blue, and green lights instead of just red?

Some have reported that it does.

#7153 4 years ago

Totally worth the $400. Not only do you get color but you also get higher res dots. It's a night and day difference from what you have now.

#7154 4 years ago

Lol. This is why I'm asking. I've seen on some threads that people have mentioned that it does change the main saucer led output. I have not been able to find any videos or images to confirm.

I'm getting the color upgrade, and was even more excited if it changed these as well.

#7155 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Lol. This is why I'm asking. I've seen on some threads that people have mentioned that it does change the main saucer led output. I have not been able to find any videos or images to confirm.
I'm getting the color upgrade, and was even more excited if it changed these as well.

Let us know!

#7156 4 years ago

Wondering if people are happy with their Classic after owning awhile or do you wish you spent the extra money on a LE or SE? Need help deciding... but if I’m getting the full gameplay experience I might just stay with CE.

#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I promise you... If you have the color chip, you can set the main saucer LEDs to "interactive" and it uses all the colors.

Also, this is not just something that some people (like myself) have reported. It's in the manual.

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I promise you... If you have the color chip, you can set the main saucer LEDs to "interactive" and it uses all the colors.
Also, this is not just something that some people (like myself) have reported. It's in the manual.

Excellent! I'm not picking my game up until next weekend (color upgrade included). This is very exciting.

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wondering if people are happy with their Classic after owning awhile or do you wish you spent the extra money on a LE or SE? Need help deciding... but if I’m getting the full gameplay experience I might just stay with CE.

I love the CE and do not wish I bought the SE or LE. But it was a decision I made, already knowing the differences between the models. It really comes down to personal preference.

The gameplay is awesome on the CE.

#7160 4 years ago

Also, just wanted to add, many, many people love the LE topper and say that it adds to the gameplay experience, because it bounces up and down and shakes the game.

So, the gameplay on the playfield is the same on the CE but without that topper. It's up to you if you think the topper adds to the experience or not.

Personally I really like the looks of the topper but would turn off the shaking if I had it. But I'm probably in the minority on that.

#7161 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Excellent! I'm not picking my game up until next weekend (color upgrade included). This is very exciting.

Congrats on the game! I got mine a couple months ago and I'm still excited!

#7162 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Also, just wanted to add, many, many people love the LE topper and say that it adds to the gameplay experience, because it bounces up and down and shakes the game.
So, the gameplay on the playfield is the same on the CE but without that topper. It's up to you if you think the topper adds to the experience or not.
Personally I really like the looks of the topper but would turn off the shaking if I had it. But I'm probably in the minority on that.

I have an LE and the topper is still in the wooden box lol.

I never installed it.

I may some day, but for now I dont need it.

#7163 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I never installed it.

you should, it's very cool
you will never "need it" but it's one of the best toppers around

#7164 4 years ago

I never installed it.

Lol, that is hilarious. I know I just said I love my CE. But if I actually HAD the topper I'd definitely install it!

It's an awesome topper, no doubt.

#7165 4 years ago

Thanks. I’ve never been huge into toppers... although I agree it is an excellent one on this game.

I think the big deciders for me are the larger dmd with higher res animation. I also like that you get metal saucers. They enhance the overall experience but don’t change much what happens under the glass.

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks. I’ve never been huge into toppers... although I agree it is an excellent one on this game.
I think the big deciders for me are the larger dmd with higher res animation. I also like that you get metal saucers. They enhance the overall experience but don’t change much what happens under the glass.

I'm ordering one next week and going for the CE. The upgraded versions just don't seem worth it to me.

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have a CE and enjoy mine. If you see a SE or LE HUO at a decent price grab that and if not a CE NIB is a great option.

Don’t wait for a huo forever though. You are missing out on fun play.

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the big deciders for me are the larger dmd with higher res animation. I also like that you get metal saucers.

The saucers are just spray painted with silver spray paint. Can reproduce this easy.

#7169 4 years ago

With them dropping the price of the CE to 6k it widened the gab between the SE. Seemed worth it to go with the SE if you wanted a CE with color, but now not so much. I have an LE and really like it, but based on gameplay I would be happy to own any model.

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Lol. This is why I'm asking. I've seen on some threads that people have mentioned that it does change the main saucer led output.

It did for me. Multi-color main saucer on the CE once chip installed.

#7171 4 years ago

I never installed it.

Mine was in the box for about a year and half before I could get my game into its permanent location.

It adds a lot more to the gameplay than I thought it would, and that Martian looming over everything is definitely a major presence on my pin row.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Mine has it but I can't remember if it did that before I out in the color chip or not.

#7173 4 years ago

I never installed it.

I suggest you give it a try. For us that is the best topper ever made. We have had the game for one and a half years and still start laughing every time the topper works! The topper is coded in to the game and it also works in attract mode.

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:I also like that you get metal saucers. They enhance the overall experience but don’t change much what happens under the glass.

The saucers are definitely not metal. They’re silver plastic. The first thing I did when I got my LE was send them off to Back Alley for their special paint treatment...

#7175 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

The saucers are definitely not metal. They’re silver plastic. The first thing I did when I got my LE was send them off to Back Alley for their special paint treatment...

Can you do a pic of Back Alley’s work they did? Also please refresh my memory - did you get the ship mod with the Martian in the ship? If you did please post a pic or vid also please, if you would. That would be cool if you did.

#7176 4 years ago

I definitely agree with those saying the topper adds to the play experience. Its like a second shaker for sure with coordinated pf reactions, I personally love the second and subsequent times getting martian modes "not you again" and the growl while he's spazzing out. Plus the attract mode and flipper button being pushed when in attract mode are funny "hey look your shoe is untied" among others. My kids call him Dr. Pasta head although he does freak out some of our younger visitors. I played a ce in the wild and was disappointed after le spoiled me.

#7177 4 years ago

So what does everyone feel is a good score on this game?

My highest so far is 11.4 billion. But for the most part, I'm feeling like anything over 4 billion is a pretty solid game. And anything over 2 billion is at least decent. What do you guys think?

I also have lots of games well under a billion.

I haven't ruled the universe yet, or even conquered mars. So I have a long way to go to beat this game.

But I'm just talking about in general, games where you don't rule the universe, what's a solid score in your opinion?

#7178 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

So what does everyone feel is a good score on this game?
My highest so far is 11.4 billion. But for the most part, I'm feeling like anything over 4 billion is a pretty solid game. And anything over 2 billion is at least decent. What do you guys think?
I also have lots of games well under a billion.
I haven't ruled the universe yet, or even conquered mars. So I have a long way to go to beat this game.
But I'm just talking about in general, games where you don't rule the universe, what's a solid score in your opinion?

Personally, my "floor" is destroying the first 2 saucers. That usually means I've hit around 2 billion, and I won't be mad at myself.

A "decent" game is around 4-5 billion.

A "good" game is 8-10 billion.

A "breakout" game is anything above 10 billion. At the moment, it takes about 11-12 to get on the leaderboard.

My PB is 17 billion. I managed to light RTU, then got so excited and distracted by that blue insert next to the SOL scoop that I promptly drained my last ball after horribly misreading a dead bounce, so TEX is still The Man on my machine.

#7179 4 years ago

Ive got my replay awards set at 1b 5b 10b so even nonpinheads get replay 2nd snap means decent game after 3rd its getting good

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I managed to light RTU, then got so excited and distracted by that blue insert next to the SOL scoop that I promptly drained my last ball after horribly misreading a dead bounce, so TEX is still The Man on my machine.

Ouch, that hurts!

It sounds like you are a bit ahead of me, but at least I'm in the same ballpark. I love how this game always makes me feel like all of the goals are within reach. But then pulls it right out from me.

#7181 4 years ago

I never installed it.

It's pretty dam cool. Hook it up. I thought I wouldn't be able to use mine because of my low ceiling but I am psyched that it just fits. Fun interactive topper. I'm not sure of why you wouldn't use it if you have it. I thought that I would never own an LE but I got a great deal.

#7182 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I love how this game always makes me feel like all of the goals are within reach. But then pulls it right out from me.

Exactly this. I suspect that once I'm reliably Ruling the Universe, the game is still gonna be in my collection. I'm sure it's gonna feel like it's letting me win just enough to keep me from getting too confident.

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Can you do a pic of Back Alley’s work they did? Also please refresh my memory - did you get the ship mod with the Martian in the ship? If you did please post a pic or vid also please, if you would. That would be cool if you did.

Haven’t done the ship mod yet, but I may.
4DC98A4E-D7CC-43AD-85FE-315F39816C7B (resized).jpeg4DC98A4E-D7CC-43AD-85FE-315F39816C7B (resized).jpegEE43C3E7-38A3-4626-9313-E6DA75808389 (resized).jpegEE43C3E7-38A3-4626-9313-E6DA75808389 (resized).jpeg

F446EB96-FCA0-4334-B9A5-1EA61CEF530B (resized).jpegF446EB96-FCA0-4334-B9A5-1EA61CEF530B (resized).jpeg
#7184 4 years ago

I have an SE and would love to have the multicolored mini-saucers. Would a mod be possible to allow this?

#7185 4 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I have an SE and would love to have the multicolored mini-saucers. Would a mod be possible to allow this?

CGC posted way back that they were looking at selling this as an upgrade kit. Been no word since though.

#7186 4 years ago

I just noticed that there is a small gap between the lockdown bar and the decals. It’s locked in firmly and can’t go any lower. There’s a small chance the lockdown bar was switched with a MMrSE, but I wouldn’t think that would make a difference.

Is this normal?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7187 4 years ago

I'll just say this... I'm a purist and love games in their most original form. I even sold my MMR and kept my MM just because I wanted to play the game as originally designed.

I've had many opportunities to own a AFM, but AFMr has so much more to offer.

I also went LE because the lights, screen and topper just give so much to the playing experience. When you get to RTU and that topper goes bonkers, you realize right in that moment that you made the right decision buying it!

The CE is a great game too, so consider yourself fortunate if you own any of the models

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Is this normal?

Does the lockdown bar lay flat if you flip it upside down and lay on a table. Looks bent but that might be the picture.

LTG : )

#7189 4 years ago

I was playing last night and this rattled loose into the right orbital lane, right next to the pop bumpers. Can anyone show me where this attaches? I don't see anywhere obvious and would like to have a plan before I start pulling things apart.

20190709_202510 (resized).jpg20190709_202510 (resized).jpg20190709_223526 (resized).jpg20190709_223526 (resized).jpg
#7190 4 years ago

That piece connects the right wire form to the plastic ramp. Your top image is correct side up. The attached photo should clear it up.

BCB63239-8360-434E-951E-DE0FF287F976 (resized).jpegBCB63239-8360-434E-951E-DE0FF287F976 (resized).jpeg
#7191 4 years ago

Got it.
Thanks!

#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Personally, my "floor" is destroying the first 2 saucers. That usually means I've hit around 2 billion, and I won't be mad at myself.
A "decent" game is around 4-5 billion.
A "good" game is 8-10 billion.
A "breakout" game is anything above 10 billion. At the moment, it takes about 11-12 to get on the leaderboard.
My PB is 17 billion. I managed to light RTU, then got so excited and distracted by that blue insert next to the SOL scoop that I promptly drained my last ball after horribly misreading a dead bounce, so TEX is still The Man on my machine.

This mirrors my experience almost exactly as far as scoring. I managed 17b at some point (not sure how, exactly) though that was a fluke. Someday, Tex. Some. Damn. DAY!

#7193 4 years ago

You can do it. You can beat tex. I always start out by trying to hammer out 1st 2 cities because in my opinion is the easier way to get extra ball. Any extra ramps is a bonus

#7194 4 years ago

Best place to buy color dmd upgrade for the CE? Thank you.

#7196 4 years ago

Thanks. But $19.73 shipping for a software upgrade??? I’ll shop around. Yikes.

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I’ll shop around.

Not sure if anybody else has it.

LTG : )

#7199 4 years ago

Sales tax kinda kills that one :\. There are a few on ebay for $417 shipped, which isn't much better than Planetary. I don't think it'll get much cheaper than that.

#7200 4 years ago

Maybe wait for an eBay coupon then buy. I know people have done that with the MMr color upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.