IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 211.
#7001 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I found that, on mine, I had to adjust the Launch plunger angle (in relation to the ball). Take the apron off and check the angle. Think of it in relation to a pool cue hitting the ball. Mine was lined up to hit the ball on top and a little right. You want it square in the center. I actually had to shim under the back of the plunger solenoid to get it right. Made a huge difference. Between that, the guide replacement and the launch ramp angle adjustment, I haven’t had a failed orbit launch in a couple of hundred games.

Yea. I could still do that bend as well.

#7002 4 years ago

I have an extra green trim kit I may let go of.

#7003 4 years ago

Joining the LE club on Sat
Without reading 7,000 posts, can anyone give me some bullet points to check out to make sure games is up to date with code, fixes, etc...

Thanks

#7004 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Without reading 7,000 posts, can anyone give me some bullet points to check out to make sure games is up to date with code, fixes, etc...
Thanks

For starters, if you find your topper doesn't work, you most likely do not have the upgraded SOL PIC 2.0 chip that plugs into the top box. You will need to contact your distributor so they can send that out to you free of charge.

You may have some issues where the ball cannot successfully perform the Super Skill Shot consistently or does not seem to make it's way up to the pop bumpers at which case you can contact CGC directly and they can send you out a ball replacement guide.

#7005 4 years ago

Thanks

Protect that game!
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=212&zenid=22d58d8cc006a34a9d9ad7f6d2909061

http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm

The ONLY mod needed:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building

Like above said, make sure the ball gets to the pops consistently, make sure you have the updated 2.0 chip DO NOT ADJUST COIL SETTINGS UNTIL THIS IS CONFIRMED! You may need to turn down the flipper coil strength to avoid ball hops off of the right Habit Trail (ball popping to the outline - total game killer)! Make sure your VUK is consistent - some minor adjusting may be needed to ensure your ball comes up every time.

Now enjoy it and save the Universe!

#7006 4 years ago

The ONLY mod needed:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building

Disagree! EaE is my favorite mod, but just got my saucers back from Back Alley and they look AMAZING!!

89F47DCD-E4EE-416B-B02C-084596C5C0C4 (resized).jpeg89F47DCD-E4EE-416B-B02C-084596C5C0C4 (resized).jpeg006E9A49-B1F9-49E8-B63F-442E6EF0FCA4 (resized).jpeg006E9A49-B1F9-49E8-B63F-442E6EF0FCA4 (resized).jpegDBDEB986-978E-4038-94E8-09A06C3815F7 (resized).jpegDBDEB986-978E-4038-94E8-09A06C3815F7 (resized).jpeg
#7007 4 years ago

Topper works, will have to check the chip
did notice that the ball doesn't reach the pops on some launches

#7008 4 years ago

Anybody have an issue with the ball coming off the right wire ramp near the shooter lane and going down the right out lane?
This has happened a few times to me.

#7009 4 years ago

Anybody have an issue with the ball coming off the right wire ramp near the shooter lane and going down the right out lane?
This has happened a few times to me.

Yes. Adjust the ramp. I just loosened the nut at sling and slid the ramp to the left. Solved the issue for me.

#7010 4 years ago

Finally hit 8 billion today and took grand champion spot! One cut short from going for Mars. Next time!

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yes. Adjust the ramp. I just loosened the nut at sling and slid the ramp to the left. Solved the issue for me.

It's already centered over the inlane. It's been flying off the ramp into the outlane

#7012 4 years ago

It's already centered over the inlane. It's been flying off the ramp into the outlane

Mine was too till I moved it a bit off center to the left.

#7013 4 years ago

Mine was too till I moved it a bit off center to the left.

Yep. The right adjustment/alignment will correct this issue. Have played 100s of balls without additional outlane drains.

I still thought it was comical when it happened.

#7014 4 years ago

Do a lot of people really do the playfield protectors on this game?

This is only my second game that I own and I haven’t been bothered by this.

I guess what I’m getting at is that I haven’t installed playfield protectors before. Though I’m sure I have already tackled more mechanical challenged related tasks.

#7015 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I guess what I’m getting at is that I haven’t installed playfield protectors before. Though I’m sure I have already tackled more mechanical challenged related tasks.

No way. PF protectors suck. Don’t ever use one. I know a handful like to but vast majority do not.

#7016 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No way. PF protectors suck. Don’t ever use one. I know a handful like to but vast majority do not.

Damn!

Okay!

=)

#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I put one on mine since it was NIB. Contrary to honda’s point, it most definitely does not suck. It plays very similar to a playfield with a mirror-finish clear coat. It’s very fast, and very awesome. I figured I’d try it, since I could always remove it. I won’t be removing it until it’s time to replace it. I like keeping the brand new playfield brand new. Installation wasn’t terrible. Took around an hour.

#7018 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I put one on mine since it was NIB. Contrary to honda’s point, it most definitely does not suck. It plays very similar to a playfield with a mirror-finish clear coat. It’s very fast, and very awesome. I figured I’d try it, since I could always remove it. I won’t be removing it until it’s time to replace it. I like keeping the brand new playfield brand new. Installation wasn’t terrible. Took around an hour.

So I don’t think we are talking about the same things honestly

The link from a couple posts back was referencing the plastic pieces that go over slings and such.

#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So I don’t think we are talking about the same things honestly
The link from a couple posts back was referencing the plastic pieces that go over slings and such.

Those are called plastic protectors.

Playfield protectors are currently made from polycarbonate and cover the complete playfield surface.

They play pretty good since they are pretty hard stuff.

#7020 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Those are called plastic protectors.
Playfield protectors are currently made from polycarbonate and cover the complete playfield surface.
They play pretty good since they are pretty hard stuff.

They wear like crap over time and change the way the machine plays in some places. I hate them.

#7021 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They wear like crap over time and change the way the machine plays in some places. I hate them.

I agree with this.
They are difficult to polish out once roughed up a bit.
Wax doesn't stick to them at all.

#7022 4 years ago

I agree with this.

Ah. My fault! “Plastic” protectors...

Do most install these?

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Do most install these?

I did not.
The metal washers under the slings from the factory seem sufficient.

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Do most install these?

I did and I’m glad I went that route. I noticed chipping on plastics artwork from air balls and such after only a couple of months. I personally think they enhance the GI lighting as well.

#7025 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Do most install these?

Put them on mine as well. Might as well be cautious!

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I did and I’m glad I went that route. I noticed chipping on plastics artwork from air balls and such after only a couple of months. I personally think they enhance the GI lighting as well.

What one's did you go with?

#7027 4 years ago

What one's did you go with?

I stand by my playfield protector. But I also did these plastic protectors, and they look great!

https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-plastic-protectors?variant=8117345943668

#7028 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree with this.

How long over time? I have probably close to 1000 plays on mine already, and still looks brand new. Plays fast and great! Everyone in my pinball group that's played my machine loves the way it plays.

Maybe they used to be made from polycarbonate, but now they're made from PET-G. From Playfield-Protectors.com's website:

The Next Generation Playfield Protector is made of Vivak (PET-G), which allows us to reduce thickness and improve the edges by using CNC lasers instead of CNC molding cutters. The new surface is now even more transparent while still being glossy.

I have no experience with the previous generation protectors, but so far, I'm loving the latest generation!

#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

How long over time? I have probably close to 1000 plays on mine already, and still looks brand new. Plays fast and great! Everyone in my pinball group that's played my machine loves the way it plays.

Maybe they used to be made from polycarbonate, but now they're made from PET-G. From Playfield-Protectors.com's website:

I have no experience with the previous generation protectors, but so far, I'm loving the latest generation!

1,000 is nothing. It will look like crap, just wait. I've taken off enough to know. The real playfield surface always looks and plays best if you just keep it cleaned and waxed.

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1,000 is nothing. It will look like crap, just wait. I've taken off enough to know. The real playfield surface always looks and plays best if you just keep it cleaned and waxed.

You may be right. And if so, it was $150 experiment gone wrong on a $8K game—BFD. If so, I’ll remove it, but at least I’ll have a new playfield still.

Or, maybe, just MAYBE, you were dealing with an earlier generation made of a different material.

Either way, it was worth $150 to try it.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

You may be right. And if so, it was $150 experiment gone wrong on a $8K game—BFD. If so, I’ll remove it, but at least I’ll have a new playfield still.
Or, maybe, just MAYBE, you were dealing with an earlier generation made of a different material.
Either way, it was worth $150 to try it.

We're 10 years into the "new" generation of playfields and plain old cleaning and waxing is still winning. And saying you'll remove the protector is easier said than done. They SUCK to remove. I don't know what your time is worth, but it will cost you a lot more than $150 if you factor that in.

But if you like them, great. I just want people considering them to realize that if they clean and wax regularly, they'll get just fine results.

#7032 4 years ago

My HUO came with a PF protector. Plays really fast. Ball spins funny sometimes, but I don’t mind it. I would not recommend them though. I will remove it someday.

I had a friend who has cut PF protectors out before. I am not sure how hard it is to do this on AFM. I imagine every game is different.

#7033 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We're 10 years into the "new" generation of playfields and plain old cleaning and waxing is still winning. And saying you'll remove the protector is easier said than done. They SUCK to remove. I don't know what your time is worth, but it will cost you a lot more than $150 if you factor that in.
But if you like them, great. I just want people considering them to realize that if they clean and wax regularly, they'll get just fine results.

It took me about an hour to install with disassembling half the playfield. I could remove it in 5 minutes by lifting from the bottom and cutting...

#7034 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It took me about an hour to install with disassembling half the playfield. I could remove it in 5 minutes by lifting from the bottom and cutting...

We have a playfield protector on our AFMrLE. We put it on before we plunged a ball. Same with the Cliffys. Playfield underneath still looks like new! Shooter lane still looks like new and no dimpling or chipping or any other playfield issues. Game has 1500 plays. Installing a playfield protector is about what you want for your machine. Not what other people want for your machine. If you do not like them, do notvput them on or play a machine with them on. Easy.

#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have a playfield protector on our AFMrLE. We put it on before we plunged a ball. Same with the Cliffys. Playfield underneath still looks like new! Shooter lane still looks like new and no dimpling or chipping or any other playfield issues. Game has 1500 plays. Installing a playfield protector is about what you want for your machine. Not what other people want for your machine. If you do not like them, do notvput them on or play a machine with them on. Easy.

Agree completely.

#7036 4 years ago

I went with fluorescent green plastic protectors from Pinbits. They look amazing. Everyone comments on how cool they look. It’s like they are glowing green.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=636&zenid=1b773f79c2d5f29c96cfc00a56bb5c16

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I went with fluorescent green plastic protectors from Pinbits. They look amazing. Everyone comments on how cool they look. It’s like they are glowing green.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=636&zenid=1b773f79c2d5f29c96cfc00a56bb5c16

Any pics of what it looks like?

#7038 4 years ago

Or you could choose Convolux

2017-11-26 13.25.29 (resized).jpg2017-11-26 13.25.29 (resized).jpgIMG_1403 (resized).JPGIMG_1403 (resized).JPG
#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Any pics of what it looks like?

Pics already here including mine with the fluorescent green. It does create a cool glow. Just click on pictures at top of thread and you’ll see many different shots.

#7040 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Pics already here including mine with the fluorescent green. It does create a cool glow. Just click on pictures at top of thread and you’ll see many different shots.

Got it thanks! Ordered some!

#7041 4 years ago

Thinking of purchasing my first cgc title AFMr SE. any major issues out there? I’ve wanted one since 2009. Thanks

#7042 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Thinking of purchasing my first cgc title AFMr SE. any major issues out there? I’ve wanted one since 2009. Thanks

a few minor, nothing that should stop you from buying one

#7043 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I had an issue with my wife, besides that great.

#7044 4 years ago

Thinking of getting a CE. A classic should be classic, not?

#7045 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Sorry. You lost me. Classic should be classic what now?

I like the CE because it is most similar to what the original AFM is like. CGC lowered the price of them from $6500 to $6000 making the CE a good option. Add a color dmd for 400. That is a nice upgrade.

You will love it.

#7046 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

They all are awesome man. I have a classic and it has been great. It looks like the original with a nice color DMD in it (if you opt for the hd color upgrade). It still looks cool without as you can choose what color you want the dmd to be. Its nice to be able to change it from the stock orange.

#7047 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

You're cheating yourself out of the best parts of the remake. The LE with the giant color screen and interactive topper are what it's all about.

#7048 4 years ago

Just picked up my SE today! Can’t wait to get it set up and playing!

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Add a color dmd for $250. That is a nice upgrade.

The Color upgrade chip is actually $399. The displays are color to begin with, the chip just unlocks the color and higher res dots.

#7050 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're cheating yourself out of the best parts of the remake. The LE with the giant color screen and interactive topper are what it's all about.

LE is nice. Aren't they sold out though?

So CE no with color $6000, CE with color for $6400 or SE with larger color screen, better sound, tri color led main saucer, shaker with slightly longer warranty for $900 more at $7300 or find a huo LE. Hmmm toss up for me. All good IMHO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/141?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.