pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 212.
#6951 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So...here are my leveling efforts ..
It looks "good" and the ball isn't rolling. I REALLY like this test to determine if the playfield is level...after all it's the ball that's rolling in the first place.
Here's my only...quirks with this. I used this digital level and zero'd it, put in the playfield and it reads 6.5. Perfect! Sorta! When I put the level back down it's always reading 0.2 and I tried this multiple times.
This would suggest 6.7 actually and if you look at the bubble on the machine, it's a touch higher than that second line which if it actually has any accuracy, could mean it is in fact 6.7.
Idk... It's "close" or w/e and the playfield being level just seems more important.
Thoughts/Comments on my first efforts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Measure in 3 areas, High, middle and low towards the apron.
Take an average of the 3 measurements.

Playfields are bent, wooden sheets of plywood, expect big variations.

All games are slightly different being hand made.

I have my game at an average of 6.3

Now I can lower the flipper power and shooter power to keep the ball on the wireform as well as make the skill shot. And still have fast play.

Wall power is yet another issue.

So dialing it in at your location is more about how it plays than what a factory specification might be.

Bubble levels look way cool but are completely useless for dialing in a game to make it play perfectly.

Again, playing perfectly is whether or not it plays perfectly for you individually.

#6952 4 years ago

Awesome!

I have a couple other things to do before I’m playing this again, but I’ll definitely give it some plays and see how it feels.

#6955 4 years ago

I installed the Eat At Eddy's mod last week, and my wife wondered why they didn't just ship it that way, as it looked so much better.

My replacement LE topper came today, to replace the one that went missing during shipment. I can't wait to install it tonight!

My VUK fails roughly 10% of the time, so I'm going to watch that alignment video posted earlier when I get home.

#6956 4 years ago

It does look like it was meant to be there

#6957 4 years ago

The martians have invaded again. Not going to lie, my heart broke when I saw the box. Fresh off the line to replace 1st unit damaged I received in shipping. But alas all is fine

11EEEFDD-9AAF-497D-8F93-44F395E3FA49 (resized).jpeg11EEEFDD-9AAF-497D-8F93-44F395E3FA49 (resized).jpeg80648C47-E3D6-48AA-B1B5-3098AD688BCF (resized).jpeg80648C47-E3D6-48AA-B1B5-3098AD688BCF (resized).jpegB711856F-E36E-4AB6-8695-82EE81D202DE (resized).jpegB711856F-E36E-4AB6-8695-82EE81D202DE (resized).jpegC1D35F14-47DB-42F7-BBA0-B90A8140BE89 (resized).jpegC1D35F14-47DB-42F7-BBA0-B90A8140BE89 (resized).jpegC6B3AFAC-B9DA-4722-BAEC-40391E6298A7 (resized).jpegC6B3AFAC-B9DA-4722-BAEC-40391E6298A7 (resized).jpeg
#6958 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

The martians have invaded again. Not going to lie, my heart broke when I saw the box. Fresh off the line to replace 1st unit damaged I received in shipping. But alas all is fine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and I’m glad to know that the Pinball in fine....(I saw the pic of the box before I read, so you almost broke my heart too man )

Regards

#6959 4 years ago

Classic Edition ordered. Very excited as this is one game I should have held on to back in the day. I had an original and regretted selling it ever since.

#6960 4 years ago

CPR’s new mirrored backglass is a thing of beauty! Took a bit of light rubber malleting (YIKES!) to get the bottom trim on. REALLY stunning piece! My only minor nit is that when lit, what shows up as white is actually clear through to the light box, so the internals kind of stand out. Maybe it’s not as bad on an original AFM. I’m thinking a very soft diffuser material of some sort would resolve the issue without dimming the light.

0DC3C14A-2F13-4835-A2DB-7163D3ABE048 (resized).jpeg0DC3C14A-2F13-4835-A2DB-7163D3ABE048 (resized).jpegE03C2489-07FE-4B48-9D43-C1BAFFA2C32F (resized).jpegE03C2489-07FE-4B48-9D43-C1BAFFA2C32F (resized).jpeg2DB86186-BEFC-49AD-B0FA-9F08FF59E2AC (resized).jpeg2DB86186-BEFC-49AD-B0FA-9F08FF59E2AC (resized).jpegE418029D-2724-4C55-AFAB-7F5D6DE84108 (resized).jpegE418029D-2724-4C55-AFAB-7F5D6DE84108 (resized).jpeg
#6961 4 years ago

Got a quick question for those that own this game... is the side armor removeable without damaging the game? My old Bally/Williams had double stick tape on it, does this one also? Reason I'm asking is my friend is looking at one that has stainless armor and he wants green armor.

#6962 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Got a quick question for those that own this game... is the side armor removeable without damaging the game? My old Bally/Williams had double stick tape on it, does this one also? Reason I'm asking is my friend is looking at one that has stainless armor and he wants green armor.

It's taped on, unfortunately.

#6963 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Its taped on but its pretty easy to remove.

Just masking tape below the rail and slice thru the inside tape with a thin putty knife.

Clean off tape residue with goo gone or naptha or both.

Siderails can be changed out in about 25 mins.

#6964 4 years ago

Today is a good day...

554BCD40-FAA1-48D3-BFBD-00AD6659F3CB (resized).jpeg554BCD40-FAA1-48D3-BFBD-00AD6659F3CB (resized).jpeg90E6D380-5620-4E79-B4B2-0682139C8D02 (resized).jpeg90E6D380-5620-4E79-B4B2-0682139C8D02 (resized).jpegCF16BAA7-74C4-4AA2-9C0E-52D34BDEFF46 (resized).jpegCF16BAA7-74C4-4AA2-9C0E-52D34BDEFF46 (resized).jpeg
#6965 4 years ago

Alright so an update from me ..

I turned the flippers down to -2 and it does seem to help with the air balls. I was hoping this would prevent that clicking/switching noise I'm hearing when I hit the saucer because the idea was it would be hitting it with less velocity. Nope... that's still happening. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I couldn't find where to reduce the plunger/launcher power? I see the Auto-launch power set to default, but couldn't find the other. I think it is launching too hard because I sorta paid attention and it seemed like every time the ball would get saved it could make it to the pop bumpers just fine.

Thanks!

#6966 4 years ago

I searched but not finding answers. When shooting the light lock shot the ball consistently flies out of the wireform and either lands in the shooter lane or right outlane. Anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks.

#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I searched but not finding answers. When shooting the light lock shot the ball consistently flies out of the wireform and either lands in the shooter lane or right outlane. Anyone else experience this issue?
Thanks.

Yep. You have to adjust that wireform slightly and test.

It’s actually pretty comical considering it should never happen.

#6968 4 years ago

fixed the launch from the right popper. put a slightly bigger coil into the launcher. now the ball consistency hits the middle of the left flipper. beautiful.

#6969 4 years ago

As was stated previously it’s the drop target resetting. Totally normal.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Alright so an update from me ..
I turned the flippers down to -2 and it does seem to help with the air balls. I was hoping this would prevent that clicking/switching noise I'm hearing when I hit the saucer because the idea was it would be hitting it with less velocity. Nope... that's still happening. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I couldn't find where to reduce the plunger/launcher power? I see the Auto-launch power set to default, but couldn't find the other. I think it is launching too hard because I sorta paid attention and it seemed like every time the ball would get saved it could make it to the pop bumpers just fine.
Thanks!

#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

As was stated previously it’s the drop target resetting. Totally normal.

It's "normal."

100% ? for the something to click or a switch to trigger or something when the ship is hit?

What do you mean by the drop target resetting exactly? The drop targets stay down when the ship is hit until it's destroyed..

Also, I noticed my red targets in front of the ship are a bit crooked and the ones one site where pretty straight. Just be a pretty easy fix.

I still need to figure out how to turn down the Launcher.

#6971 4 years ago

Alright so disregard the clicking .. I get it. It's normal. It's whatever. I don't care. I'm just glad it's a non-issue.

Okay so I figured out that the Auto Plunger is basically the plunger. It looks like I have "Default", "Min", "Max", and "+1" as available options.
Well...I turned it down to "Min" and yea it's get to the pop bumpers ... but I can't get the super skill shot by holding the left flipper down when I plunge and have the ball orbit around.

So I guess I have to do that replacement from CGC after all.

Getting closer to getting her dialed in... =)

Edit: Feel silly about that "noise." It's literally the drop target popping back up which I didn't even notice before. smh

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you open the box and check for damage before signing?
Wondering if I need to do that on mine.

#6973 4 years ago

Wow.. I'm just seeing this despite actually liking the original post.

So this tape rides inside the same groove where the glass would go all the way up? ..

I DEF have to try this!

#6974 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

I had this very same problem, increasing coil strength did not work, opened a ticket and was sent a video to gently realign the geometry. Easy fix and haven't had an issue since. Below is the link CGC sent, see if it works for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjnidctcncvd7zw/2017-12-28%2009.32.42.mov?dl=0

OMG!

I think this actually totally fixed it.

I was like "sure I'll bend this little piece of metal..." and then the VUK was successful on the first time 8/8 times... Like, I don't understand how 10 seconds of work and the SLIGHTEST little bend COMPLETELY fixes it.. it's like witchcraft!

Okay...

1) Replace Ball Guide
2) Align Red drop targets in front of saucer
3) Install tilt bob (yea...I haven't done this yet....)
4) Clean and Wax

5) PLAY !!!

=)

#6975 4 years ago

FUN little project replacing this ball guide ...

Definitely looks like it needed to be replaced too.

Replacement is on the right..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6976 4 years ago

There is an edit button.

#6977 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

OMG!
I think this actually totally fixed it.
I was like "sure I'll bend this little piece of metal..." and then the VUK was successful on the first time 8/8 times... Like, I don't understand how 10 seconds of work and the SLIGHTEST little bend COMPLETELY fixes it.. it's like witchcraft!
Okay...
1) Replace Ball Guide
2) Align Red drop targets in front of saucer
3) Install tilt bob (yea...I haven't done this yet....)
4) Clean and Wax
5) PLAY !!!
=)

Don’t bother aligning them. They move and it’s normal on the original too. There’s some play - don’t go insane on alignment

#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

FUN little project replacing this ball guide ...
Replacement is on the right..[quoted image]

What did you say to get this replacement part? Mine is having a similar issue. Let me know if it works.

#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What did you say to get this replacement part? Mine is having a similar issue. Let me know if it works.

Say that you need the replacement ball guide. It’s a known issue and you won’t have to say more than that.

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

and you won’t have to say more than that.

Oh they may ask for things like your games serial number, so they can check if your game already has it or not.

LTG : )

#6981 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh they may ask for things like your games serial number, so they can check if your game already has it or not.

That’s part of the ticket form I thought.

#6982 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s part of the ticket form I thought.

Yes.

Quoted from pintechev:

Say that you need the replacement ball guide. It’s a known issue and you won’t have to say more than that.

I didn't see anything in your post about going to https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ and opening a ticket under Support on the Help Desk.

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

I didn't see anything in your post about going to https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ and opening a ticket under Support on the Help Desk.

Yeh, CGC was extremely helpful! Excellent service after the sale for my NIB AFMrLE.

#6984 4 years ago

while i was playing yesterday - suddenly a rooster appeared on the dmd. is this an easter egg someone knows or has already seen. how can i start it?

best regards ralf

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would say you may be overdoing it a bit. Does it play well? That's what matters. If its too fast or hard, raise the front. Too slow, lower the front.

What is the common playfield angle setting everyone is using?
The standard 6.5 degree plays well but seems a little slow to me.

#6986 4 years ago

You know you love that NIB smell...

capture (resized).jpgcapture (resized).jpg
#6987 4 years ago
Quoted from pbboy:

What is the common playfield angle setting everyone is using?
The standard 6.5 degree plays well but seems a little slow to me.

If the game plays too fast the balls fly off the wireform.

It's a balancing act.

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:FUN little project replacing this ball guide ...
Replacement is on the right..[quoted image]

When I got my AFMr Classic, it too was having the problem with the balls being launched and not properly traveling thru to the top of the play field. I called CGC and they sent a new ball guide out to me. By the time I got the new guide, the original had pretty much fixed itself!

I have not changed mine now in 6 months!

Good Luck!

Bill

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yep. You have to adjust that wireform slightly and test.
It’s actually pretty comical considering it should never happen.

Nope. ROM update and a little more angle fixed it. Do not touch the wireform!

#6990 4 years ago

Hey guys ... Update!

The ball replacement guide from CGC has completely solved the issue. Every single time, the ball is able to make it up to the pop bumpers now.

However... holding the left flipper down does not always guarantee the ball is able to orbit around to the left flipper. Might this suggest a separate issue or is it that you cannot always successfully get an opportunity at the super skill shot?

#6991 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

However... holding the left flipper down does not always guarantee the ball is able to orbit around to the left flipper. Might this suggest a separate issue or is it that you cannot always successfully get an opportunity

One thing you can try is to swap the flipper opto boards.

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys ... Update!
The ball replacement guide from CGC has completely solved the issue. Every single time, the ball is able to make it up to the pop bumpers now.
However... holding the left flipper down does not always guarantee the ball is able to orbit around to the left flipper. Might this suggest a separate issue or is it that you cannot always successfully get an opportunity at the super skill shot?

Mine is 100%

Adjust flipper power.

#6993 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine is 100%
Adjust flipper power.

Wait are you saying increasing the left flipper power can somehow alter the ball having the ability to orbit .. as if holding the flipper down is doing something at the top of the playfield?

#6994 4 years ago

I think you mean at launch it doesn't go around on the skill shot (holding down left flipper)??

If so, adjust the autolauncher power in the CGC menu.

#6995 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wait are you saying increasing the left flipper power can somehow alter the ball having the ability to orbit .. as if holding the flipper down is doing something at the top of the playfield?

Either adjust it up or down.
Mostly down.

If you adjust down, lower the playfield pitch accordingly.

#6996 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I've noticed if I hold the left flipper and then hit plunge too quickly, it sometimes doesn't do the full orbit. This even happens when I play digital AFM on Pinball Arcade. So I don't think it's a physical or mechanical issue. Just make sure you hold down left flipper for A FULL SECOND before you hit that plunge button.

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I've noticed if I hold the left flipper and then hit plunge too quickly, it sometimes doesn't do the full orbit. This even happens when I play digital AFM on Pinball Arcade. So I don't think it's a physical or mechanical issue. Just make sure you hold down left flipper for A FULL SECOND before you hit that plunge button.

Thanks!

It’s working much, much better than it has and I think it’s almost expected so I’m not all too concerned about it.

#6998 4 years ago

So what kind of Titan rubbers are you dressing the flippers with?

Pictures please!!

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So what kind of Titan rubbers are you dressing the flippers with?
Pictures please!!

I'm using perfect play rubbers right now

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys ... Update!

I found that, on mine, I had to adjust the Launch plunger angle (in relation to the ball). Take the apron off and check the angle. Think of it in relation to a pool cue hitting the ball. Mine was lined up to hit the ball on top and a little right. You want it square in the center. I actually had to shim under the back of the plunger solenoid to get it right. Made a huge difference. Between that, the guide replacement and the launch ramp angle adjustment, I haven’t had a failed orbit launch in a couple of hundred games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/140?hl=joseph5185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.