pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 212.
#6851 4 years ago

Is anybody else annoyed by this light? Its the only light that shines directly in my face when playing. I can twist the rubber martian a bit to try and get his leg to "cover" the light a bit. But wondering if anybody else has noticed this light?

2019-05-06_1918 (resized).png2019-05-06_1918 (resized).png

A new issue also cropped up for me. The shaker motor is starting to squeak, usually just as it turns off and comes to rest. I read through some forum posts...and cleaned the motor with some contact cleaner, which didn't seem to help (it also didn't seem dirty at all). I also reversed the direction that it spins by switching the wires in the connector. I also put a tiny bit of machine oil on the bushings.

Those 3 things just gave me a tiny slight improvement. Next step...is I read maybe applying some dry silicone lube to the bushings instead of the oil might help. I have some wet silicone lube...but may just go and get the dry version since I guess that's what you are really supposed to use...

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little round one on the board in the backbox. I wouldn't worry about it.Like on a motherboard, they last a long time.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Fantastic! Thank you

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Is anybody else annoyed by this light? Its the only light that shines directly in my face when playing. I can twist the rubber martian a bit to try and get his leg to "cover" the light a bit. But wondering if anybody else has noticed this light?
[quoted image]
A new issue also cropped up for me. The shaker motor is starting to squeak, usually just as it turns off and comes to rest. I read through some forum posts...and cleaned the motor with some contact cleaner, which didn't seem to help (it also didn't seem dirty at all). I also reversed the direction that it spins by switching the wires in the connector. I also put a tiny bit of machine oil on the bushings.
Those 3 things just gave me a tiny slight improvement. Next step...is I read maybe applying some dry silicone lube to the bushings instead of the oil might help. I have some wet silicone lube...but may just go and get the dry version since I guess that's what you are really supposed to use...

Dry lube.

But if it's really noisy contact CGC for a replacement. It might just be a bad one.

Mine is quiet set on medium and I play it daily since week 3 of production.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dry lube.
But if it's really noisy contact CGC for a replacement. It might just be a bad one.
Mine is quiet set on medium and I play it daily since week 3 of production.

With the dry lube...would it be awful if I also sprayed it inside the motor like I did with the contact cleaner? Or should I only spray on the outside bushing sleeve? Basically...wondering if the squeak is from the brushes squeaking on the armature and how I could access and lube those (if possible).

Its a july 2017 build date so....a warranty wouldn't be possible (mechanical is only 12 month warranty).

#6855 4 years ago

Does the classic edition have a subwoofer? If so, is it a 6" sub vs the 8" in the SE/LE?

#6856 4 years ago

I was thinking about selling a game to get AFMr CE. Seems like a pretty good value considering Stern pros are almost the same amount. Just wondering how the game is playing and holding up to all you CE owners. This remake is basically the same as the original right? I would definitely have to spend the extra to get the color display tho. Any persistent problems or tweaks that need to be done? I’ve played the LE on location but have no experience with the CE so any help is appreciated.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was thinking about selling a game to get AFMr CE. Seems like a pretty good value considering Stern pros are almost the same amount. Just wondering how the game is playing and holding up to all you CE owners. This remake is basically the same as the original right? I would definitely have to spend the extra to get the color display tho. Any persistent problems or tweaks that need to be done? I’ve played the LE on location but have no experience with the CE so any help is appreciated.

I have the CE. I added the color upgrade, shaker motor, mirror blades, and some titan rings. Out of the box I had to get the ball guide replacement from CGC. I had one pop bumper not working, that was a simple leaf switch adjustment. I also had the issue of the Stroke of Luck scoop firing out to the left lane ball guide. That was fixed by changing the value in the CGC adjustment menu (right popper I believe). Flippers are set at -2 I think now on my game as well. There are a bunch of ways to tweak the game. It plays great and looks fantastic too. I agree with you on the value at the newer 6k price point. You are getting a very nice game.

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Very nice!
That would be easier than taking out the metal launch ramp or whatever, bending, etc.
Still waiting on that 2.0 SOL before making adjustments though...

Quoted from pintechev:

It's probably that you need the replacement ball guide. I would open a ticket with CGC.

Agree-- Open the ticket and get the replacement ball guide sent out to you. It will do wonders on this issue.

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just wondering how the game is playing and holding up to all you CE owners.

Mine played great straight out of the box, it already had the SOL 2.0 chip and came with the color chip which is a must have upgrade IMO due to the enhanced / higher rez graphics as much as the color conversion. It's held up well, hasn't had any problems so far (~900 plays), I did have to turn down the flipper power to reduce air balls.

Since getting it I've installed shaker, external sub, upgraded backbox speakers, mirror blades, titan GITD rubber, brite caps on the pops and Pinstadium fusion, which really enhances the light shows.

Going to keep this one for a while, the game is just so much fun and so approachable to new players.

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Mine played great straight out of the box, it already had the SOL 2.0 chip and came with the color chip which is a must have upgrade IMO due to the enhanced / higher rez graphics as much as the color conversion. It's held up well, hasn't had any problems so far (~900 plays), I did have to turn down the flipper power to reduce air balls.
Since getting it I've installed shaker, external sub, upgraded backbox speakers, mirror blades, titan GITD rubber, brite caps on the pops and Pinstadium fusion, which really enhances the light shows.
Going to keep this one for a while, the game is just so much fun and so approachable to new players.

Color chip?

#6861 4 years ago

If you have the LE or SE you already have this. It’s an upgrade on the CE. Without it you get the monochrome original graphics on the display.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My CE is good so far for me and a good value. I like it because it is like an original AFM, which was and is great. The color chip is a nice add on. With that you will save about $1000 with the CE compared to the SE.

I would consider one if I were you.

#6863 4 years ago

What is "CE"?

On a JJP, it means Collector's Edition.

It certainly doesn't mean that in this context as LE is the highest.

#6864 4 years ago

Core Edition?

#6865 4 years ago

Classic Edition.

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Classic Edition.

Damn.

So close!

#6867 4 years ago

Here is a new one- the welds broke on the right side habitrail. Flippers are set at -15. Ticket submitted.

845BCB7D-2349-4FA6-9AD5-A26228577069 (resized).jpeg845BCB7D-2349-4FA6-9AD5-A26228577069 (resized).jpegCDBDE099-9C3D-4C54-8FEC-0ABB83564E68 (resized).jpegCDBDE099-9C3D-4C54-8FEC-0ABB83564E68 (resized).jpeg
#6868 4 years ago

I did get that ticket submitted for the replacement ball guide so now we wait.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Ticket submitted.

I alerted it to CGC for replacement.

Thank you,

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I did get that ticket submitted for the replacement ball guide so now we wait.

I changed it from parts to technical and alerted it to CGC so they can look up if your game needs it or not, and then get you what you need to make things right.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I changed it from parts to technical and alerted it to CGC so they can look up if your game needs it or not, and then get you what you need to make things right.

Sweet. Thanks!

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I alerted it to CGC for replacement.
Thank you,

Thank you!!!

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My game needs a better operator/player.....

Game plays absolutely perfect!
It's just amazing and beautiful.
(Yes I'm into the rum again... )

Submit a ticket? Lol

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is there a production date range for machines that need it? I just got my NIB LE in, but haven't fired it up yet. CGC is sending me the PIC 2.0.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Is there a production date range for machines that need it? I just got my NIB LE in, but haven't fired it up yet. CGC is sending me the PIC 2.0.

Probably?

Mine is 12/28/17 I believe. You will know if you need it if you cannot perform the Super Skill shot (holding the left flipper, while launching/plunging the ball and having it go around the orbit and feed the left flipper) OR you can't consistency get the ball up to the pop bumper cluster.

It did not initially have the issue (though, I didn't try the Super Skill Shot because I didn't know that was a thing), so it's kinda interesting...

But, if you do have the issue, CGC has no issue with sending out a replacement ball guide immediately.

Good luck! =)

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably?
Mine is 12/28/17 I believe. You will know if you need it if you cannot perform the Super Skill shot (holding the left flipper, while launching/plunging the ball and having it go around the orbit and feed the left flipper) OR you can't consistency get the ball up to the pop bumper cluster.
It did not initially have the issue (though, I didn't try the Super Skill Shot because I didn't know that was a thing), so it's kinda interesting...
But, if you do have the issue, CGC has no issue with sending out a replacement ball guide immediately.
Good luck! =)

Yeh, I'm taking apart the top of the playfield to install the plastic playfield protector anyway. It's NIB, so I figured the playfield will only be new once. If I hate the way it feels, I'll just cut it away and remove it. I was hoping there was a way to preemptively know about the replacement ball guide so I could just do it all at once.

#6877 4 years ago

Also, does anyone know whether the remake translite and glass are the same size as the original?

#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Also, does anyone know whether the remake translite and glass are the same size as the original?

Same size exactly

#6879 4 years ago

Same size exactly

Awesome, so the new CPR mirrored BG should work! Thanks!

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome, so the new CPR mirrored BG should work! Thanks!

It should look amazing!

I have one in my Diner, its absolutely gorgeous.

Deep rich colors and a depth that translites truly lack.

#6881 4 years ago

I joined this club a few weeks ago now with LE 758, but haven't been able to move the game inside from the garage until last night. Plays great out of the box!

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I had this question as well a few weeks ago, and when I emailed the CPR folks, they weren't sure, but thought it should work since it should be the same as the original. They gave me the size as well, which is "27inches wide by 18 7/8th inches tall".

Now that I have the game, I can see that there's a plastic enclosure attached to the translight, that has all the back-light LEDs and such in it? I'm used to there being a swinging door with those lights instead. Can you remove the translight from the enclosure and attach the glass instead?

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Now that I have the game, I can see that there's a plastic enclosure attached to the translight, that has all the back-light LEDs and such in it? I'm used to there being a swinging door with those lights instead. Can you remove the translight from the enclosure and attach the glass instead?

Called a light tub. The original had it too.

The plastic channel around the glass/translite/light tub pulls off. Freeing the glass/translite/light tub from each other.

When you reassemble all you'd need is the light tub and new mirrored glass and put the channels back. ( if that is what you are asking )

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plastic channel around the glass/translite/light tub pulls off. Freeing the glass/translite/light tub from each other.
When you reassemble all you'd need is the light tub and new mirrored glass and put the channels back. ( if that is what you are asking )

Light tub is a good name for it. Thanks for the info!

#6884 4 years ago

It should look amazing!
I have one in my Diner, its absolutely gorgeous.
Deep rich colors and a depth that translites truly lack.

I have one in my TAF! “Absolutely gorgeous” is right!! I’ll buy one for every machine I own!!

Quoted from LTG:

Thanks, LTG! I had the same question, but I figured if it was the exact same size, there’d be a way to make it work. Already ordered it!

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably?
Good luck! =)

There are some games my ball seems to rattle or stall and not make the pops....is this what you’re talking about?

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

There are some games my ball seems to rattle or stall and not make the pops....is this what you’re talking about?

Yep.

I opened a ticket with CGC and they promptly sent me out a new ball guide. I haven't received yet, but once I do, I'll install, test, and update.

#6887 4 years ago

Hey guys!

Happy to report that my new 2.0 PIC chip thing came in the mail today!

Won't get a chance to install with APA tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.
And I'll post a photo with my topper is fixed!

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

lower the power a little.

#6889 4 years ago

lower the power a little.

But, of course, make sure you have a 2.0 chip before you do.

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

But, of course, make sure you have a 2.0 chip before you do.

yes

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys!
Happy to report that my new 2.0 PIC chip thing came in the mail today!
Won't get a chance to install with APA tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.
And I'll post a photo with my topper is fixed!

I think mine is arriving tomorrow (my 2.0 chip). I'll update as well.

#6892 4 years ago

Please be very careful lining up and socketting the new chip; you won't want to have to order another one because you broke a pin off...

#6893 4 years ago

The worst part is often getting the old one out. I'll look for my chip puller tonight...... even that can be difficult for the larger ICs.

#6894 4 years ago

=) !!!

2019-05-10 (resized).jpg2019-05-10 (resized).jpg
#6895 4 years ago

The worst part is often getting the old one out. I'll look for my chip puller tonight...... even that can be difficult for the larger ICs.

Correct...

It takes a good little tug to get out, but as long as you are lined up on just the SOL chip with the extractor don't be afraid.

Also, it's not that difficult honestly. Having built computers in the past. No need to disconnect everything, remove the board, etc. Simply line up the pins on the bottom first in a sort of diagonal rocking motion and once you are good there, you should be able to get the top pins in just as easily.

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

=) !!![quoted image]

It's alive! Congratulations!!!!!!

#6897 4 years ago

It's alive! Congratulations!!!!!!

Isn't that Monster Bash!? =P

Haha. Thanks!

So awesome... just waiting on that ball guide replacement and then I should be chillin!

#6898 4 years ago

Love the game..

I'll have the ball guide replacement tomorrow.

I noticed "something" is clicking every time I hit the saucer. Has anyone noticed this?
I'll have to take a look at the key posts when I have a bit more time.

#6899 4 years ago

It’s probably just the drop target resetting itself when you hit it and knock it down.

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Love the game..
I'll have the ball guide replacement tomorrow.
I noticed "something" is clicking every time I hit the saucer. Has anyone noticed this?
I'll have to take a look at the key posts when I have a bit more time.

Could be a pop bumper set s little close or a sling reacting to the shaker motor.

Maybe some other switch set a little close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,400 (OBO)
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/138?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.