pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 212.
#6801 4 years ago

Or is it 27 combinations? 3 cubed ...

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

The thing is .. he had the 2.0 SOL so based on that and everyone else here that's why I'm hopeful.

What's the build date on your game? Seems crazy that it had the old PIC in it.

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So the Lights, Inputs, and Motor are all 4 pin connectors (technically the Inputs is a 3 pin ...but plugs into a 4 pin).

That leaves 9 possible combinations...

They are all keyed, and face one direction. Unless you force them. One might have a plug in the connector that you need to remove or cut the pin.

So no possible combinations.

LTG : )

#6804 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are all keyed, and face one direction. Unless you force them. One might have a plug in the connector that you need to remove or cut the pin.
So no possible combinations.

Okay then.

Yea...already did "that."

Let's hope the SOL adds new soul to the game!

#6805 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Let's hope the SOL adds new soul to the game!

You don't need it, but you'll put it in anyway. And the new one won't change anything unless you muck it up.

The one you pull out has a notch on one end, the board has a white outline around it with a notch where the notch on the IC goes, and the new IC has a notch. So be sure you get the notch and the IC facing the right direction.

That way all you can F up is bend the sh*t out of the legs.

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You don't need it, but you'll put it in anyway. And the new one won't change anything unless you muck it up.
The one you pull out has a notch on one end, the board has a white outline around it with a notch where the notch on the IC goes, and the new IC has a notch. So be sure you get the notch and the IC facing the right direction.
That way all you can F up is bend the sh*t out of the legs.

I "need" it for the topper to work. At least, I'm pretty sure...

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I "need" it for the topper to work. At least, I'm pretty sure...

Yes you may. Please orientate the notch on the IC right.

#6808 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes you may. Please orientate the notch on the IC right.

#6809 4 years ago

#806 landed in my driveway today! It s beautiful and plays pretty darn perfect out of the box. I absolutely love it!

I have the same issue as joseph5185 where the topper isn’t working. The eyes light up, but that’s about it. Mine also did not have the pin cut from the factory. The build date is December 28, 2017.

I can play it without the topper working- I’m too busy looking at the beautiful play field!!! Time to go save the universe!!
56E275EA-C887-4619-9079-CF4ED4ECAB5E (resized).jpeg56E275EA-C887-4619-9079-CF4ED4ECAB5E (resized).jpeg804AC6D9-3B14-404F-A5AE-3655A269B17A (resized).jpeg804AC6D9-3B14-404F-A5AE-3655A269B17A (resized).jpeg8585874B-D1F0-47EF-8A8A-757CAC863366 (resized).jpeg8585874B-D1F0-47EF-8A8A-757CAC863366 (resized).jpeg8E799DAC-A60E-4B78-9771-CB3FB3063B0C (resized).jpeg8E799DAC-A60E-4B78-9771-CB3FB3063B0C (resized).jpeg91D8914D-45D4-4977-BDA4-BC1069D931E9 (resized).jpeg91D8914D-45D4-4977-BDA4-BC1069D931E9 (resized).jpegBD552BA5-975A-4B83-B56E-95AF04A2E404 (resized).jpegBD552BA5-975A-4B83-B56E-95AF04A2E404 (resized).jpeg

#6810 4 years ago

PS. Somehow, I got a key fob.

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

#806 landed in my driveway today! It s beautiful and plays pretty darn perfect out of the box. I absolutely love it!
I have the same issue as joseph5185 where the topper isn’t working. The eyes light up, but that’s about it. Mine also did not have the pin cut from the factory. The build date is December 28, 2017.
I can play it without the topper working- I’m too busy looking at the beautiful play field!!! Time to go save the universe!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!

Yea, I feel like my game is playing great as well. The VUK on the left side of the saucer failed the first time, but it fired the ball up the second time. Don't know if that's a big deal or not.

I think my game has the EXACT same build date. That's crazy! Yep, the saucers will spin around or w/e when you first fire on the game, but then it's just the martian's eyes and the white light in front of him.

#6812 4 years ago

Just a couple questions ..

I thought launching a ball “always” got it to the pop bumbers. No?

The left VUK sometimes can’t get the ball up on the 1st or 2nd attempt. Always works by the 3rd. Maybe just slightly increase the coil?

I swear I have drained on the left outlane twice WHILE the ball is coming down the wireform. I’m pretty sure that should “never” happen?

It’s GREAT otherwise! =)

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Depending on your games serial number, you might need a ramp part to replace the one in your game. Open a ticket at CGC to find out if your game needs it or not.

Quoted from joseph5185:

The left VUK sometimes can’t get the ball up on the 1st or 2nd attempt. Always works by the 3rd. Maybe just slightly increase the coil?

I wouldn't touch coil settings until you get the 2.0 PIC in just to be sure.

Quoted from joseph5185:

I swear I have drained on the left outlane twice WHILE the ball is coming down the wireform. I’m pretty sure that should “never” happen?

If the hole in the wireform is centered over the return lane. Decrease flipper strength a little, after you get the 2.0 PIC in. Assuming your playfield is at a 6 1/2 degree pitch.

You really need to broaden your horizons. Get a Stern or American Pinball game next.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It’s GREAT otherwise! =)

Tweak and adjust as needed.

Hold the left flipper button while launching the ball to go into super skill shot.

It will orbit completely instead of ending at the pops.

Hold off on all adjustments until you get the pic 2.0 chip.

#6815 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

you really need to broaden your horizons. Get a Stern or American Pinball game next.

I f'n love you Lloyd

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It’s GREAT otherwise! =)

Honestly I would just play the shit out of it as is until you put the 2.0 in and then we'll deal with adjustments as needed, by then you will have a good idea of what should and shouldn't happen (mechanically vs code)

But for sure you should not be draining out of the left wireform. That has never happened on mine, and not sure how it could if aligned correctly.

20190504_004458 (resized).jpg20190504_004458 (resized).jpg

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I f'n love you Lloyd

Haha!

And here I was thinking I needed a MBr next! =P

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Haha!
And here I was thinking I needed a MBr next! =P

I’d recommend Oktoberfest or black knight.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And here I was thinking I needed a MBr next!

You do. If you promise not to work on it.

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’d recommend Oktoberfest or black knight.

I hear Popeye is an Amazing title with little adjustments necessary!

#6821 4 years ago

I’ll bite...

What’s arguably the best Stern out there?

Is SW even in the running?

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You do. If you promise not to work on it.

At least I care...or something.

=D

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’ll bite...

NO don't do SW! WWE or RBION are great choices with a strong club thread following to support. You won't like SW!!!

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’ll bite...

I absolutely love my SW but didn't think it was all that great until I got one and got deep into it, the code is great, its really a players game.

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NO don't do SW! WWE or RBION are great choices with a strong club thread following to support. You won't like SW!!!

Quoted from J-Freeze:

I absolutely love my SW but didn't think it was all that great until I got one and got deep into it, the code is great, its really a players game.

Haha, 4 seconds apart.

It's all subjective, I'm sure someone out there thinks south park is the GOAT.
Go play a dozen games on as many as you can find and see what you like.

#6826 4 years ago

As you may have noticed from my avatar, SW is kinda a thing.

#6827 4 years ago

What other game than SW has a wireform that literally loops around the entire pf?

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What other game than SW has a wireform that literally loops around the entire pf?

Star Trek The Next Generation.

#6829 4 years ago

Star Wars > Star Trek

=)

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Haha, 4 seconds apart.
It's all subjective, I'm sure someone out there thinks south park is the GOAT.
Go play a dozen games on as many as you can find and see what you like.

Yea...I just wish most pins on-site weren’t trash.

POTC - Tortuga SDTM
SW - Horridly unleavel
WOZ - Balls kept getting stuck and pretty much ending the game.

And so on...

Edit: I own POTC CE so that’s a non-issue.

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’ll bite...

Whoa. There is no contest and shouldn’t even be an argument.
LOTR is by far the best pin Stern has ever created.
I personally dislike Stern (downvote all you’d like), but that is the ONLY game I regret selling and am praying for the Vault edition...

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I personally dislike Stern (downvote all you’d like), but that is the ONLY game I regret selling and am praying for the Vault edition...

No down vote here.

I played it on-site and actually thought it was great! Shooting the ball through the ring was pretty cool.

And then I look at the Top 100 and it’s sitting at #5.

I was like...hmm, I guess that explains why I liked it so much!

#6833 4 years ago

Saw the key post and associates linked .pdf on removing the shooter lane metal, bending, and reinstalling.

Fascinating...

I have not yet tried this, but I wanted to point out that this was not initially a problem. It only started becoming a problem after so many games.

#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I think you need to give Stern another look. I'm a hardcore B/W fan (you saw my MM and AFM when you were over) but there are some solid titles from Stern such as LOTR, MET, TWD, Star Trek, Spidey, Maiden...

When I first got into this hobby, my close friend had a Ghostbusters, and I really didn't like it. When I got my MMR I felt that was so much better, and I basically wrote off Stern (until I started playing LOTR).

I also have a great appreciation for what JJP is doing. I've owned a Dialed In and aside from Twilight Zone, it's the only game I regret parting with.

Aside from the astronomical pricing these days, we're lucky to be at a point where multiple companies are offering what we love, and the competition should push them to reach new heights.

Pinball is awesome!

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Saw the key post and associates linked .pdf on removing the shooter lane metal, bending, and reinstalling.
Fascinating...
I have not yet tried this, but I wanted to point out that this was not initially a problem. It only started becoming a problem after so many games.

It's only if the skill shot cant be made.

Hold the left flipper when hitting launch.

The ball should go all the way around the orbit and be available to be hit with the left flipper.

If the ball does not make it around for the skill shot, adjustments in power or bending the guide come into play.

Generally lowering the autolaunch works well on this adj6stment.

If the balls continuously fly off the right wireform and drain.

Lower your playfield pitch slightly to 6.3 and lower the flipper power accordingly.

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's only if the skill shot cant be made.
Hold the left flipper when hitting launch.
The ball should go all the way around the orbit and be available to be hit with the left flipper.
If the ball does not make it around for the skill shot, adjustments in power or bending the guide come into play.
Generally lowering the autolaunch works well on this adj6stment.
If the balls continuously fly off the right wireform and drain.
Lower your playfield pitch slightly to 6.3 and lower the flipper power accordingly.

Yea.

I held the left flipper and it did NOTHING.

There’s definitely an issue.

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea.

You hold left flipper, then hit launch button while still holding left flipper, let go of left flipper once ball starts moving. Ball should go all the way around the top orbit and come down to your flippers and you should have red arrows lighting lanes to try and hit for super skill shot. If it doesn’t do that you’re probably doing it wrong. :p

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You hold left flipper, then hit launch button while still holding left flipper, let go of left flipper once ball starts moving. Ball should go all the way around the top orbit and come down to your flippers and you should have red arrows lighting lanes to try and hit for super skill shot. If it doesn’t do that you’re probably doing it wrong. :p

I didn’t let go of the left flipper after launching the ball.

Mutha...

#6839 4 years ago

joseph5185 There is a document on the Chicago Gaming website on a method to correct this. Your machine and mine are close to the same build date (and mine has the same issue).

If you go to the section where you submitted your ticket you will see a “Support” button (or something like that). There is a document there on how to correct it. It’s pretty easy.

#6840 4 years ago

joseph5185 There is a document on the Chicago Gaming website on a method to correct this. Your machine and mine are close to the same build date (and mine has the same issue).
If you go to the section where you submitted your ticket you will see a “Support” button (or something like that). There is a document there on how to correct it. It’s pretty easy.

Yea. If that’s .pdf where you undo the metal assembly in the shooter lane, bend, replace, and test then I already saw it.

Just need to do it at some point soon.

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea.

Post a vid of this while you are doing it.

The skill shot is part of the game.

It always is enabled. You cant shut it off.

Start a new game.
Do not launch a ball yet.

Hold left flipper button.
While holding the left flipper down with your left hand, push the launch ball button with your right hand to launch the ball.

It's only available at the start of each ball and only on the first plunge only.

After the first plunge you cant do it again until the start of another ball.

#6842 4 years ago

Yea...it doesn't. Haha

I appreciate you showing me on a SIM. This is how I first played this game for the first time as well as many other classics.

I hold the left flipper down, hit start, and it can't even make it to the pop bumpers...most of the time.

It's probably that ramp bendy thing and I'll work on it...

#6843 4 years ago

Our pins are brothers from the same mother. Lowering the plunge setting to minimum worked well for me. Mine was flying up and occasionally hitting something (the wiring maybe?) and not going up to the pop bumpers or going around the orbit.

My Plan B would have been to loosen the screws that hold the stainless launch ramp a bit to (maybe) not make it literally a LAUNCH ramp. But lowering the plunger seemed to work.

YMMV.

#6844 4 years ago

Our pins are brothers from the same mother. Lowering the plunge setting to minimum worked well for me. Mine was flying up and occasionally hitting something (the wiring maybe?) and not going up to the pop bumpers or going around the orbit.
My Plan B would have been to loosen the screws that hold the stainless launch ramp a bit to (maybe) not make it literally a LAUNCH ramp. But lowering the plunger seemed to work.
YMMV.

Very nice!

That would be easier than taking out the metal launch ramp or whatever, bending, etc.

Still waiting on that 2.0 SOL before making adjustments though...

#6845 4 years ago

Silly question: is there any CR (cell) batteries that need replacing on this machine?

#6846 4 years ago

YMMV.

I have also lowered the plunge strength and the ball makes it all the way around, like 90 percent of the time.

Is this about normal, or should it be 100 percent?

I'm thinking it's normal but just wondering what others are experiencing.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I have also lowered the plunge strength and the ball makes it all the way around, like 90 percent of the time.
Is this about normal, or should it be 100 percent?
I'm thinking it's normal but just wondering what others are experiencing.

Wall power variations affect it a bit, so 90-95% seems about right

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea...it doesn't. Haha
I appreciate you showing me on a SIM. This is how I first played this game for the first time as well as many other classics.
I hold the left flipper down, hit start, and it can't even make it to the pop bumpers...most of the time.
It's probably that ramp bendy thing and I'll work on it...

It's probably that you need the replacement ball guide. I would open a ticket with CGC.

#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Silly question: is there any CR (cell) batteries that need replacing on this machine?

A little round one on the board in the backbox. I wouldn't worry about it.Like on a motherboard, they last a long time.

IMG_0953 (resized).JPGIMG_0953 (resized).JPG
#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wall power variations affect it a bit, so 90-95% seems about right

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.