Topic Stats

• 6,974 posts
  • 448 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by joseph5185
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

90E6D380-5620-4E79-B4B2-0682139C8D02 (resized).jpeg
554BCD40-FAA1-48D3-BFBD-00AD6659F3CB (resized).jpeg
CF16BAA7-74C4-4AA2-9C0E-52D34BDEFF46 (resized).jpeg
E03C2489-07FE-4B48-9D43-C1BAFFA2C32F (resized).jpeg
2DB86186-BEFC-49AD-B0FA-9F08FF59E2AC (resized).jpeg
E418029D-2724-4C55-AFAB-7F5D6DE84108 (resized).jpeg
0DC3C14A-2F13-4835-A2DB-7163D3ABE048 (resized).jpeg
C1D35F14-47DB-42F7-BBA0-B90A8140BE89 (resized).jpeg
11EEEFDD-9AAF-497D-8F93-44F395E3FA49 (resized).jpeg
80648C47-E3D6-48AA-B1B5-3098AD688BCF (resized).jpeg
B711856F-E36E-4AB6-8695-82EE81D202DE (resized).jpeg
C6B3AFAC-B9DA-4722-BAEC-40391E6298A7 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2019-05-10 (resized).jpg
845BCB7D-2349-4FA6-9AD5-A26228577069 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6974 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 140.
#6651 31 days ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I love my AFMr. Game never gets old. I often describe it as perfect pinball.

Highest rated pin on here for a reason. I wouldn’t think it would be, but I think the whole Mars/aliens relates to a lot of people.

And it’s fun. Not intimidating. Not complex. But fluid, fast, furious awesome action.

And I want one! lol

#6652 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I bought POTC from Automated as well.

If you ever want another JJP pin I am factory authorized distributor who delivers in person and collects the cash or check day if delivery, only a 1000 deposit until your pin arrives. I am waiting on a few POTC. Sold over 500 alone just in North Carolina

Enjoy your pin!

#6653 31 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The hyper loop is sweet. But the game is unfortunately up for sale.

Did you blow up the Death Star yet? Go Endor for the easiest path. I always recommend getting into a game and blow it up with a bunch high scores before you say good bye to it. You own some great games, but SW is by far the toughest game you own IMHO. It will be frustrating but will make a a better player. If you haven’t had a bunch of good play on it I would use it to work your flipper skills before you say bye bye. I mean you already own it anyway.

For me AFM is a super fun game. Just hit start again and again and have fun. MB also. Those pins do the job well. SW is different. It is “intense” fun. You enjoy watching your team play when the score is tied with five minutes left? Yes, but you may feel antsy and nervous while you watch and will get excited or down with the results, but you will be back to watch again next week. Why would someone put themselves through that?! That is SW.

That is the difference between all the types of games for me. Good to have choices and some variety, but everyone is different.

#6654 31 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you blow up the Death Star yet? Go Endor for the easiest path. I always recommend getting into a game and blow it up with a bunch high scores before you say good bye to it. You own some great games, but SW is by far the toughest game you own IMHO. It will be frustrating but will make a a better player. If you haven’t had a bunch of good play on it I would use it to work your flipper skills before you say bye bye. I mean you already own it anyway.
For me AFM is a super fun game. Just hit start again and again and have fun. MB also. Those pins do the job well. SW is different. It is “intense” fun. You enjoy watching your team play when the score is tied with five minutes left? Yes, but you may feel antsy and nervous while you watch and will get excited or down with the results, but you will be back to watch again next week. Why would someone put themselves through that?! That is SW.
That is the difference between all the types of games for me. Good to have choices and some variety, but everyone is different.

I played this game onsite. Managed to hit that crazy hyper loop thing. That is cool. The game was NOT level and leaned to the right which was super annoying...

EDIT: It currently ranks 33...

And AFM has dropped to #2! Oh no!

#6655 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I played this game onsite. Managed to hit that crazy hyper loop thing. That is cool. The game was NOT level and leaned to the right which was super annoying...

AFM/AFMR always tussles with MM/MMR for top spot. Brian Eddy is a pinball design genius.

#6656 31 days ago

I have not blown up the deathstar yet. I've been playing the heck out of it though while I have it and will play it up until I sell it. I'll have to try the Endor path. If I'm not mistaken, this route you basically complete all 3 endor missions in full, then complete endor multiball and it blows up the death star right?

Hyperspace multiball is awesome. I've had 4 balls going in the hyper loop so far as my best yet.

What I love about AFMr is just the timeless campy theme. And CGC's remake is just beautiful, an amazing looking game.

#6657 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yeah. Never fully judge a game by playing it on location or at a show. Make some friends and play their games is a great way to go!

And AFM would go well along with your POTC. Just sayin

#6658 31 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have not blown up the deathstar yet. I've been playing the heck out of it though while I have it and will play it up until I sell it. I'll have to try the Endor path. If I'm not mistaken, this route you basically complete all 3 endor missions in full, then complete endor multiball and it blows up the death star right?
Hyperspace multiball is awesome. I've had 4 balls going in the hyper loop so far as my best yet.
What I love about AFMr is just the timeless campy theme. And CGC's remake is just beautiful, an amazing looking game.

Just go Endor and you can’t miss the Death Star. Complete a couple of missions to get to the DS mission, hit some ramps, then a clean wrap shot and join the BUTDS club! Victory MB to celebrate is mayhem. Just wanted to highlight the “intense” gameplay SW has. If you don’t like it I totally understand. It is not for everyone. Grinding your teeth while you play pinball is technically not good for you.

Loved my Sterns for a while but did a trade with my GOTG for AFM and love it. Just a fun game that does not take itself too serious, but it is a serious, great pinball machine, if you know what I mean?

I will look at possibly getting MB also down the line.

#6659 31 days ago

Yeah. Never fully judge a game by playing it on location or at a show. Make some friends and play their games is a great way to go!
And AFM would go well along with your POTC. Just sayin

Believe me.. I know.

I've been meaning to contact Automated to see if they still have the couple LEs in stock as they claim on their website.

#6660 31 days ago

I spoke with Kayla (Automated) and she doesn't believe they have the Martian Green trim available.

Is it "truly" gone NIB?

#6661 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I spoke with Kayla (Automated) and she doesn't believe they have the Martian Green trim available.
Is it "truly" gone NIB?

I'd say yes.

#6662 31 days ago

Damn...

Well I'll let you know...

#6663 31 days ago

Sara at PPS told me I bought THE LAST black trim LE last week. As of Monday 4/15 she said all she had left was ONE AFMrLE with stainless trim. That was it.
I'd guess it's already gone.

#6664 31 days ago

I just spoke with Sara as well and she seemed incredibly knowledgeable. She said green is GONE. So I believe her.

So there goes that pipe dream...

#6665 31 days ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Sara at PPS told me I bought THE LAST black trim LE last week. As of Monday 4/15 she said all she had left was ONE AFMrLE with stainless trim. That was it.
I'd guess it's already gone.

Yep. They currently have pretty much 0 inventory period.

#6666 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yep. They currently have pretty much 0 inventory period.

I'm honestly surprised inventory lasted this long since CGC stopped making the game many months ago.

#6667 31 days ago

Secured one of the very remaining LEs in Black. I can live with this...

Automated saves the day again.

I seriously think they are the only ones left.

Act NOW or buy used!

=)

#6668 31 days ago

PPS are absolutely sold out of AFMR LE's ... if anyone wants to be on the list for the next run of AFMR SE's let us know ... but will be awhile as MBR's need to finish up against current orders and then MMR's are scheduled, etc ... so possibly sooner but educated guess is more AFMR's (no more LE's) in 2020.

#6669 31 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Secured one of the very remaining LEs in Black. I can live with this...

You got the best trim color-congrats!!!!

#6670 31 days ago

Even though we went with Martian Green, all trim colours are awesome on this brilliant Remake LE

#6671 31 days ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You got the best trim color-congrats!!!!

I appreciate that. Kinda wanted the Green, but Black definitely looks legit!

#6672 30 days ago

Anything to look for when I get this NIB?

Probably right..

Like, you should definitely mylar these areas that didn't come pre-mylared, etc ..

#6673 30 days ago

I just waxed it and played.

#6674 30 days ago

I'm good with that!

Pirates is a project and then some. It would be "nice" if this game didn't have to be.

#6675 30 days ago

I will say that I haven't heard anything but good things from CGC.

Very impressive...

#6676 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'm good with that!
Pirates is a project and then some. It would be "nice" if this game didn't have to be.

My pirates wasn’t a project. Also just waxed and played.

#6677 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably right..
Like, you should definitely mylar these areas that didn't come pre-mylared, etc ..

Get the green trim kit from Sara at PPS.

#6678 30 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Get the green trim kit from Sara at PPS.

Forget the green, the black is killer!! Keeps it classy and not gawdy in a line-up.
The only things to spend your money on are the Cliffy’s, the plastic protectors and of course the Eat at Eddy’s mod from Mezelmods!!! Then simply enjoy!

#6679 30 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Forget the green, the black is killer!! Keeps it classy and not gawdy in a line-up.
The only things to spend your money on are the Cliffy’s, the plastic protectors and of course the Eat at Eddy’s mod from Mezelmods!!! Then simply enjoy!

Nice. I didn't know about that mod. That's cool. What are the plastic protectors for exactly? And I'll have to get on the Cliffy's thing...

Looking forward to it for sure.
Maybe I'll have it THIS Friday if I'm lucky!

#6680 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice. I didn't know about that mod. That's cool. What are the plastic protectors for exactly? And I'll have to get on the Cliffy's thing...

Cliffy's: http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm
(protect your holes)

Pinbits: https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=212&zenid=2244c2796ac8ed9f77bf15e0d02e54f9
(these go under your plastics to protect against chips/cracks from airballs - also come in fluorescent if you prefer)

Eat at Eddy's
https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building (the ONLY mod you will ever need).

Don't let the install(s) be daunting....just take lots of pictures!

#6681 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably right..

I’m assuming the NIBs will have the new PIC2.0 chip, but just in case, open the back box and check - see photo.

9C5726F3-1C80-47B6-8CCD-FEBB5C54D341 (resized).jpeg
#6682 30 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I’m assuming the NIBs will have the new PIC2.0 chip, but just in case, open the back box and check - see photo.
[quoted image]

Fascinating...

#6683 30 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

[quoted image]

My new one didn’t, but Sara from PPS sent it with the order.

#6684 30 days ago

My CE had the new PIC 2.0 chip, manufacture date of May 2018.

#6685 30 days ago

Received my BLK LE, game is an absolute blast to play. The flow is amazing and the dots, music and call-outs are outstanding. This game is for sure a keeper.

Only issue I’m having is the ball flying off the right ramp from the lock shot. It gets some serious speed coming around the corner.

#6686 30 days ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Received my BLK LE, game is an absolute blast to play. The flow is amazing and the dots, music and call-outs are outstanding. This game is for sure a keeper.
Only issue I’m having is the ball flying off the right ramp from the lock shot. It gets some serious speed coming around the corner.

Lower the flipper power to -2

#6687 30 days ago

Lower the flipper power to -2

One of the first things I did before I played a single game.

#6688 30 days ago

Wait what..

It’s recommended to lower default flipper machine on this particular game?

#6689 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wait what..

Not necessarily. Just like any game, play it first, then adjust as needed.

#6690 30 days ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

One of the first things I did before I played a single game.

I also increased the upper right pop bumper to max for better action.

Changed the led emulation to medium? To get the lights to flash a little slower.

#6691 30 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not necessarily. Just like any game, play it first, then adjust as needed.

There were some differences from the sol pic 1 to the sol pic 2 chips.

Flipper power needed to go down a notch.

#6692 30 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wait what..

Raise the pitch, lower the flipper power...whatever it takes lol

Yes, it's all about dialing in the game.

All games need to be dialed in to play perfectly.

You cant expect your location to have the same wall current as the test lab at the factory.

For me it takes about 50 games.

#6693 30 days ago

Raise the pitch, lower the flipper power...whatever it takes lol
Yes, it's all about dialing in the game.
All games need to be dialed in to play perfectly.
You cant expect your location to have the same wall current as the test lab at the factory.
For me it takes about 50 games.

Yea good point...

Didn't even think about that...(The wall current that is)

#6694 28 days ago

You guys weren’t kidding..

MM is BARELY ahead by like .1 haha

Still awaiting my new shiny LE!

#6695 27 days ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I ordered plastic protectors after reading another response to your post. I looked at my plastics and noticed some minor chipping of the paint already (150ish games in). Glad you asked this question.

#6696 27 days ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I ordered plastic protectors after reading another response to your post. I looked at my plastics and noticed some minor chipping of the paint already (150ish games in). Glad you asked this question.

Plastic protectors are good.

AFMr comes with metal washers preinstalled on the slings. All games should have someting like this.

But they are not perfect. Air balls break plastics all the time.

Buy a spare plastic set and an extra set of sling plastics. Put the bag inside the game.

Cliffys are mandatory in all games. When they get warped and dented up, replace them.

#6697 24 days ago

Hi all,

when the scoop gives the ball back sometimes it goes sdtm. (1 out of 10 Times) is there anything i can do, how can I fix it? Or is it „normal“?

Ralf

#6698 24 days ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hi all,
when the scoop gives the ball back sometimes it goes sdtm. (1 out of 10 Times) is there anything i can do, how can I fix it? Or is it „normal“?
Ralf

Probably not normal on any game.

#6699 24 days ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Hi all,
Ralf

The scoop should feed the left flipper.

Wall power variations can affect it.

Loosen the scoop mounting screws and physically twist it more to the left, to tighten the screws.

If you need more rotation, elongate the mounting screw holes in the metal scoop to get more rotation.

I rotated my scoop until its firmly jammed up against the playfield wood as far as it can go.

Then adjusted power.

The ball should end up high on the left flipper.

This gives you plenty of room for variation.

#6700 24 days ago

Thank you!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 249.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
€ 3.70
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Detroit, MI
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 6974 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 140.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside