pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 212.
#6601 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What was the shipping company?
CGC really has to invest in tip-n-tell and drop-n-tell devices as well as other game suppliers.
On this its a total loss and you can see it on the truck before it was unloaded.
However today's shippers are so rough, hidden damage is happening more and more.

Road Runner frt. this game shipped from Planetary in Nevada, made a stop over in Chicago then to my terminal. Separate del company brought it to me so hell who knows when it happen. Given the way the other loads looked like in back of Del truck I suspect the last.

#6602 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Road Runner frt. this game shipped from Planetary in Nevada, made a stop over in Chicago then to my terminal. Separate del company brought it to me so hell who knows when it happen. Given the way the other loads looked like in back of Del truck I suspect the last.

I saw that ruined pallet in your picture.

Really rough handling somewhere along the line.

Sorry to hear about this.
It really sucks.

#6603 5 years ago

Yeah it sucks but it will get made right.

#6604 5 years ago

I have a silly question; first I am sorry for the damage op....I have been lucky with all my pins so far but I feel your pain.
My question is:
If a game comes delivered and it’s destroyed, what happens to it? Is it rebuilt? Is there now one less LE? Who is held accountable for the damage and money lost?
Just curious. Again, I hope you get your game soon man.

#6605 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I have a silly question; first I am sorry for the damage op....I have been lucky with all my pins so far but I feel your pain.
My question is:
If a game comes delivered and it’s destroyed, what happens to it? Is it rebuilt? Is there now one less LE? Who is held accountable for the damage and money lost?
Just curious. Again, I hope you get your game soon man.

In this case the game is getting rerouted back to CGC to repaired on the line. Basically they will build a new game. The trucking company’s insurance will pay for everything.

#6606 5 years ago

LE #721 Reporting for battle!
My first pin, and I can’t imagine that there’s a better looking one to start my collection. No plastic crackling or play field planking that i can see. The auto plunger was quite far out of alignment in relation to the ball but, after following the cgc pdf instructions for that and the ramp adjustment, ball seems to be launching just fine. Field at 6.5° and flippers at -3 seems to be the sweet spot. I am still getting the occasional jump off the wireform with a clean lock ramp shot, so I may add some weatherstripping on the ramp corner like I’ve seen suggested here.
Thanks everyone for your posts on here-they’ve really helped me get dialed in quickly (and playing sooner)!

5CD4DB6C-BAAC-4560-9BE6-25DF39CDFDC1 (resized).jpeg5CD4DB6C-BAAC-4560-9BE6-25DF39CDFDC1 (resized).jpeg9FE19EEE-4E78-433D-81DE-73FBF86058DF (resized).jpeg9FE19EEE-4E78-433D-81DE-73FBF86058DF (resized).jpegB05A55FF-F26F-417C-B507-2C3AD2A2BA83 (resized).jpegB05A55FF-F26F-417C-B507-2C3AD2A2BA83 (resized).jpeg
#6607 5 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

LE #721 Reporting for battle!
My first pin, and I can’t imagine that there’s a better looking one to start my collection. No plastic crackling or play field planking that i can see. The auto plunger was quite far out of alignment in relation to the ball but, after following the cgc pdf instructions for that and the ramp adjustment, ball seems to be launching just fine. Field at 6.5° and flippers at -3 seems to be the sweet spot. I am still getting the occasional jump off the wireform with a clean lock ramp shot, so I may add some weatherstripping on the ramp corner like I’ve seen suggested here.
Thanks everyone for your posts on here-they’ve really helped me get dialed in quickly (and playing sooner)!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome aboard! And...sorry, where did you find that pdf with the instructions?

#6608 5 years ago

Gogdog Thank you! It was in the key posts. Post #2401 has the link.
I do have the droopy target as well. There’s another key post with the workaround....if I can stop playing long enough.

#6609 5 years ago
20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg
#6610 5 years ago

I just built my green atomic blaster and ready to report. Dont know why people are not fond of the green trim on this pin I personally love it looks awsome with the topper. Finally join the club

20190403_204903 (resized).jpg20190403_204903 (resized).jpg
#6611 5 years ago

Congrats to new owners! First pin AFM is an excellent choice.

#6612 5 years ago

I got my SE last week! So much fun !

#6613 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I just built my green atomic blaster and ready to report. Dont know why people are not fond of the green trim on this pin I personally love it looks awsome with the topper. Finally join the club
[quoted image]

Actually the green is more popular than the black or stainless.

PPS and CGC really hit it out of the park on this.

#6614 5 years ago

So here's a strange one. I had a couple friends stop by yesterday. We played one game of AFM. A 3 player game. I turn on today and our 3 scores are there plus a 4th player score. Again....we played a 3 player game. And no...I'm not imagining things and I've owned close to 40 different pins so I know it's not a mistake in my thinking. I know we each played 3 balls and then the game was over. How does a 4th player score get on the display???

20190414_160527 (resized).jpg20190414_160527 (resized).jpg
#6615 5 years ago

Now checking the audits.

3 player game started and 4 player game started. So.....Wtf???

20190414_162053 (resized).jpg20190414_162053 (resized).jpg
20190414_162446 (resized).jpg20190414_162446 (resized).jpg

20190414_160527 (resized).jpg20190414_160527 (resized).jpg
#6616 5 years ago

It's a weird bug. Also happens on my MMr

#6617 5 years ago

Hey guys is there anywhere in this thread about the left flipper being weak? it feels weird compared to the right
THanks

#6618 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys is there anywhere in this thread about the left flipper being weak?

First thing to check if you haven't is the return spring

#6619 5 years ago

Happy to be joining the club.
Sara at PPS told me I bought THE LAST AFMrLE in Black today. I think she has just ONE MORE...a stainless steel....and then they're all gone!
I got my MBrLE delivered last week, and just couldn't bare the thought of missing out on AFMrLE with that amazing topper. They're gonna look so great next to each other!

#6620 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's a weird bug. Also happens on my MMr

Ok...So others have had the same issue. Thanks for the reply.

#6621 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Happy to be joining the club.
Sara at PPS told me I bought THE LAST AFMrLE in Black today. I think she has just ONE MORE...a stainless steel....and then they're all gone!
I got my MBrLE delivered last week, and just couldn't bare the thought of missing out on AFMrLE with that amazing topper. They're gonna look so great next to each other!

Congrats!! I got the black with the green trim kit. Delivered, set up and....the green trim sits in the box because I love the black so much

#6622 5 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Congrats!! I got the black with the green trim kit. Delivered, set up and....the green trim sits in the box because I love the black so much

Once you go black...

#6623 5 years ago

@hop721, you wouldn't want to part with that green trim, would you? Got a SE that would love a little color.

#6624 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

hop721, you wouldn't want to part with that green trim, would you? Got a SE that would love a little color.

EasternBloc Going to hold onto it for now (thinking I’ll want a change at some point) but I’ll PM you if I change my mind!

#6625 5 years ago

Hop721 Totally understand, thanks for keeping me in mind!

#6626 5 years ago

Green trim FTW! I love my LE with the green. Really makes it seem out of this world...

#6627 5 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

So here's a strange one. I had a couple friends stop by yesterday. We played one game of AFM. A 3 player game. I turn on today and our 3 scores are there plus a 4th player score. Again....we played a 3 player game. And no...I'm not imagining things and I've owned close to 40 different pins so I know it's not a mistake in my thinking. I know we each played 3 balls and then the game was over. How does a 4th player score get on the display???[quoted image]

It's pretty obvious what happened? I can't believe you have no idea why this occurred!!!!

Vid1900 was at you place, played your game.......... and you didn't even know it.

QSS

#6628 5 years ago

Hey guys...

I'm new to this thread and pretty new in general.

I just very recently acquired my FIRST pin - JJP POTC CE.
I'm considering an LE AFMr to pair with it.

(Two drastically different games ... and that's what I'm shooting for (see what I did there ))

Are you guys still loving it after X months of owning/playing and what do you think about the pairing?

Thanks!

#6629 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
(Two drastically different games ... and that's what I'm shooting for (see what I did there ))
Are you guys still loving it after X months of owning/playing and what do you think about the pairing?
Thanks!

Have had our AFMR LE since new (Dec 2017). It ain’t going anywhere - never gets old. It’s paired with my wife’s TWD Pro (which is set to brutal).

A pairing with JJP POTC CE would be pretty damn sweet.

#6630 5 years ago

ok has anyone found a solution to the SDTM on the scoop?

I swapped to a NOS scoop and it helped but the eject from the scoop 10-15% of the time is SDTM - there must be a solution for this?

#6631 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
Thanks!

Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
Thanks!

You can't go wrong with an AFMr LE... with the shaker and the topper in action, and the callouts, it's very interactive,.. and a blast to play and play and play. Even when I think I am familiar with the rules,.. something I never knew pops up ... mines a keeper for sure!! Yet to get tired of it,.. and gets played most nights.

#6632 5 years ago

Sounds fantastic!

Appreciate the feedback!

#6633 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I swapped to a NOS scoop and it helped but the eject from the scoop 10-15% of the time is SDTM - there must be a solution for this?

Man, i messed with that thing over and over adjusting sideways under the playfield. Turns out you can set the power from the CGC menu and it really adjusted where the ball went on mine. Mine was previously hitting the metal ball guide and bouncing hard back up. Down a notch and it usually hits the left flipper. Hopefully yours isn't already maxed out and shooting SDTM.

#6634 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

After bending, tweaking and elongating the metal mounting holes in the scoop, you need to play with power adjustment.

#6635 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys...
Thanks!

I have JJPOTC and AFMr LE. They are a good compliment to each other, each scratching a different itch.

#6636 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have JJPOTC and AFMr LE. They are a good compliment to each other, each scratching a different itch.

There’s a fair good chance you already informed me, but I figured it made sense to post it in the official thread as well.

#6637 5 years ago

Anyone know of any distributors outside of Automated with LEs in stock?

I’m trying to gauge how much time I may have to snag NIB.

Thanks!

#6638 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks!

I would say relatively little time left.
Sara at PPS told me I got one of the last two LEs last week.
Personally, I would rather buy someone's used game than buy ANYTHING from Automated.

#6639 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I would say relatively little time left.
Sara at PPS told me I got one of the last two LEs last week.
Personally, I would rather buy someone's used game than buy ANYTHING from Automated.

What do you have against automated ? I bought 5 pins from Mike including my afrm le ...No issues

#6640 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

What do you have against automated ? I bought 5 pins from Mike including my afrm le ...No issues

I bought POTC from Automated as well.

#6641 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks!

You have no time left.
Get the black one from PPS.

there are probably only a couple left in the world NIB.

And they will most likely be black.

PPS has the Martian green trim and will make you a sweet deal of $100 to get a changeover kit.

It's a good deal.

#6642 5 years ago

You have no time left.
PPS has the Martian green trim and will make you a sweet deal of $100 to get a changeover kit.
It's a good deal.

I think they might be sold out now; I don't see it listed on their website anymore.

#6643 5 years ago

You have no time left.
It's a good deal.

Changeover kit?

And what is PPS?

#6644 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Changeover kit?
And what is PPS?

Planetary pinball supply.

Call them and see if they have what you want.

Sara is very helpful and knowledgeable.

#6645 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I think they might be sold out now; I don't see it listed on their website anymore.

Yep maybe, but it's best to call.

#6646 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

There’s a fair good chance you already informed me, but I figured it made sense to post it in the official thread as well.

My AFMr LE sits next to my JJPOTC LE and they get along well.

DAD1B255-497C-44BA-9B46-CA4A00B970EB (resized).jpegDAD1B255-497C-44BA-9B46-CA4A00B970EB (resized).jpeg
#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image]

Good mix of games! Impressed you got SW. That game is one intense mutha.

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good mix of games! Impressed you got SW. That game is one intense mutha.

The hyper loop is sweet. But the game is unfortunately up for sale.

#6649 5 years ago

I love my AFMr. Game never gets old. I often describe it as perfect pinball.

#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image]

Sweet!

That’s a nice little collection there.
I also think WOZ is pretty great fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/133?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.