pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 212.
#6551 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Ok, now that you mention it bet that’s what it was. We were testing lower flipper power at the time and cradling longer than usual to do so but were shooting at just the right time to make it look like it was an intermittent thing, thanks!

It truly was the least I could do.

#6552 5 years ago

OK So I went to TPF my first show btw, it was awesome and I bought a full set of glow in the dark rubbers from Titan for my AFMr LE, I was thinking it would be fairly easy for a novice like me to install, but after taking a careful look at the manual and looking at where they all go (especially at the top) I'm left a little scared. It looks like I would basically have to take off everything on the play-field (ramps, plastics and even the main saucer!) to get to all the spots. Could somebody maybe help guide me or point to a YouTube video that would show how this is done. I'm now afraid I've bit off more than I can chew. Thanks for any help or advice you could give me it will be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

#6553 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

OK So I went to TPF my first show btw, it was awesome and I bought a full set of glow in the dark rubbers from Titan for my AFMr LE, I was thinking it would be fairly easy for a novice like me to install, but after taking a careful look at the manual and looking at where they all go (especially at the top) I'm left a little scared. It looks like I would basically have to take off everything on the play-field (ramps, plastics and even the main saucer!) to get to all the spots. Could somebody maybe help guide me or point to a YouTube video that would show how this is done. I'm now afraid I've bit off more than I can chew. Thanks for any help or advice you could give me it will be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

In the same boat, so I’ll eagerly read what tips / references people will provide.

#6554 5 years ago

Honestly guys, it’s not that bad.
Just take pictures along the way.
I try to keep all of my hardware for the left side on a table on the left, and vice versa for the right.
It always looks intimidating, but really you are dealing with merely 3 sizes of nuts, some hex head wood screws and a few Phillips head screws thrown in there as well.
Use magnetized nut drivers and tools (pain in the ass trying to find a nut you drop).
If you run into a spot you might forget where something goes, take a pic of the piece and post here - others will be glad to help. Though remember....take lots of pics beforehand that you can reference.
Honestly, once you’re done you’ll feel super proud. This is one of the easiest things you can do to your machine - yet still makes you feel like a Star.
Good luck, I’d help if I was closer!

#6555 5 years ago

I did all but under the ramp. Pretty easy to get to the rest

#6556 5 years ago

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys I really appreciate it! Modding is done for the day, I changed all the rubbers except under the rear ramp plastic like way2wyrd said, I also added Lermods under-cab lighting and backboard/trough combo lights, flipper decals and the decal for the force field. I feel proud of myself even though it took me all day. Next up will be the pingraffix powerbladez which I also picked up from TPF, I love this machine

-660262530_20190330_160212_3890223_resized (resized).jpg-660262530_20190330_160212_3890223_resized (resized).jpg20190330_160113_resized (resized).jpg20190330_160113_resized (resized).jpg
#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Modding is done for the day, I changed all the rubbers except under the rear ramp plastic like way2wyrd said, I also added Lermods under-cab lighting and backboard/trough combo lights, flipper decals and the decal for the force field. I feel proud of myself even though it took me all day. Next up will be the pingraffix powerbladez which I also picked up from TPF, I love this machine

Nice job! Looks GREAT!

#6558 5 years ago

Get the SOL led while you are at it. It’s a detail, but looks great.

#6559 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Ok, now that you mention it bet that’s what it was. We were testing lower flipper power at the time and cradling longer than usual to do so but were shooting at just the right time to make it look like it was an intermittent thing, thanks!

If you got a show special with color chip that was a phenomenal deal. Great game. Congrats!

My friends and I had a great time in Texas.

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys I really appreciate it! Modding is done for the day, I changed all the rubbers except under the rear ramp plastic like way2wyrd said, I also added Lermods under-cab lighting and backboard/trough combo lights, flipper decals and the decal for the force field. I feel proud of myself even though it took me all day. Next up will be the pingraffix powerbladez which I also picked up from TPF, I love this machine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, looks great!

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Absolutely love it! Well done

#6562 5 years ago

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! @ausretrogamer like @hollywood said it isn't that difficult just takes time and patience, I didn't tackle the rear plastic ramp that just looked too complicated to get off If you need any help let me know I'll be happy to share my experience with you. I've noticed one strange issue since installing the backboard/trough lighting in that during game play now the GI lighting flashes off then on again, it's only of for maybe a second before it all comes back on again but it can be distracting during game play and it happens about every 30 seconds. Maybe it's a loose connection I don't know I'll check it the morning and I'll probably email Rob at Lermods to see if he has any ideas, he was way cool helping me with the installation. That is what is so great about this hobby everybody is really willing and eager to help out a total novice. Thanks again everybody! Keep flipping

#6563 5 years ago

Thanks heaps @chappie101. This is why this forum is the best - people helping others on the other side of the planet

#6564 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Are you removing your mirror blades for the powerbladez? Not sure if you want to sell or how much they would cost to ship, but I may be interested in putting them on my CE.

#6565 5 years ago

Got my LE a few days ago. Just got the Cliffys installed along with plastic protectors and titan black rubbers through out the game. So I have a few questions and I've read the entire thread. And I know I read about it, but can't find it now. How do you keep the ball from flying off the light lock shot and entering the shooter lane? Also, how do you fix the orbit issue? The coil is hitting center of the ball but I think I remember reading about the ramp out the shooter lane that has a bend in it? And I can see where it's vent. Do I need to straighten that or get a new part from Chicago gaming?

20190331_185831 (resized).jpg20190331_185831 (resized).jpg20190331_185841 (resized).jpg20190331_185841 (resized).jpg
#6566 5 years ago

Got my AFMr CE w/ color home from TPF last week and the family is loving it. I get now why this is such a highly rated pin. Had several friends over this weekend and a bunch of them wanted to play. Same crew didn’t have much interest in the other games I’ve had, this one is just so easy to explain and understand and is a great time to play once you do. I think this will be a keeper just for it’s ability to be a great gateway pin.

So far I’ve added Titan GITD rubber, side mirrors, and BriteCaps to the pops. No real issues so far, the play field has the proper orange, there’s no wear at the scoop or under the saucer after ~700 games now but have Cliffy’s on order anyhow. Balls stay on the ramps/wire forms, though I bumped flipper strength down to -8. Has the 2.0 SOL ROM. Build date on it was 5/2018.

Thanks to Chris KingPinGames for the great deal and helping get packed up. And finally thanks to Butch Peele of JJP for helping me load that sucker into the truck, even though it wasn’t a JJP machine.

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Got my LE a few days ago. Just got the Cliffys installed along with plastic protectors and titan black rubbers through out the game. So I have a few questions and I've read the entire thread. And I know I read about it, but can't find it now. How do you keep the ball from flying off the light lock shot and entering the shooter lane? Also, how do you fix the orbit issue? The coil is hitting center of the ball but I think I remember reading about the ramp out the shooter lane that has a bend in it? And I can see where it's vent. Do I need to straighten that or get a new part from Chicago gaming?

The exit of the shooter lane has a metal ramp. I pushed that ramp down by a couple of mil by gently pushing a ratchet extender thru and pushing gently but firmly just about 2 thirds towards the outer side about the crest. This slightly changed the launch angle down and out after leaving the ramp. Worked perfect ever since. Not had a single issue.

#6568 5 years ago

Lower the flipper power.
Lower the shooter strength.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lower the flipper power.
Lower the shooter strength.

I have the flipper power down to -7. And a 7° pitch of the game. If I lower the flipper power more, I'll have a real hard time making any ramp shots.

I'll turn the shooter power down and see if that helps with ball launch. If not then I guess I'll give the ramp a little love as TROLLS suggests. Thanks for the help.

#6570 5 years ago

There is a replacement part for the ball guide right orbit near the pops. CGC will send you the replacement part. Just put in the ticket. Also, try lowering flipper strength as others have mentioned.

#6571 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Well no shit. Lol. Thanks man, I swear I. never even knew that!

I love this site. I didn't know about that either. Since reading this post I've used the bomb twice on the final martian but haven't had the video mode to try out yet. Thanks again

#6572 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There is a replacement part for the ball guide right orbit near the pops. CGC will send you the replacement part. Just put in the ticket. Also, try lowering flipper strength as others have mentioned.

Thanks. That's good to know. I'll open a ticket.

I've backed the flipper power down to -7. Still happens with a clean shot.

#6573 5 years ago

Thanks. That's good to know. I'll open a ticket.
I've backed the flipper power down to -7. Still happens with a clean shot.

I tweaked my wireform a litte to bend it at a better angle.

Originally it was sloping a bit to the right.

I bent/tweaked it a little and bent one of the feet to get it sloping slightly to the left.

Some guys have added a washer or 2 under the foot to do the same thing.

#6574 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

If you need any help let me know I'll be happy to share my experience with you.

Great! Beginner learns something, and immediatly offers his experience to others!
Despite the bickering what happens here so often ... this makes this site so great

#6575 5 years ago

I bent/tweaked it a little and bent one of the feet to get it sloping slightly to the left.

Thanks I'll look at the wireform and tweak it and see what happens.

#6576 5 years ago

AFMr LE #721 is on the way! Stoked to be joining the club soon! Delivery early next week. Super excited!

#6577 5 years ago

Number LE#541 inbound, also coming in with a MM. Sara was awesome at Planetary, call her.

#6578 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Number LE#541 inbound, also coming in with a MM. Sara was awesome at Planetary, call her.

Can’t agree more. Had great service from Planetary and Sara on my AFMr LE and matching MBr LE!

#6579 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

That’s where I got mine. Couldn’t agree more that she was awesome

#6580 5 years ago

This worked thanks.

Also got my LE from Sara. Great to deal with.

I've owned it for exactly one week and just got the GC.

20190404_182112 (resized).jpg20190404_182112 (resized).jpg
#6581 5 years ago

This worked thanks.
Also got my LE from Sara. Great to deal with.
I've owned it for exactly one week and just got the GC.[quoted image]

Great news!

Great score!

I had a great game also last night.
Re-elected to RTU ! Lol

So now that I'm an elected official, what do my constituants call me?

#6582 5 years ago

Yeah ball 2 just would not drain. I was in the zone. Ball lasted so long...until it didn't. Danger danger tilt. I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me cuss. Then I laughed. This game IS the greatest. Not missing my Woz what so ever.

#6583 5 years ago

Anyone know if AFMrLEs are still available NIB anywhere?

#6584 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Anyone know if AFMrLEs are still available NIB anywhere?

PPS

#6585 5 years ago

Green trim is available from automated services.....silver and black pps have and automated

#6586 5 years ago

AFMRLE’s available from Planetary Pinball. call Sara they have black and stainless but will sell green trim kit for $100 bucks

#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really enjoying this game. I now have the LE b/c I was enjoying it so much

@delt31 who did you sell your classic to? I bought mine from @coz and it could be yours as mine has mirrors, color, upgrade and no shaker. Great game that I plan to keep a long time.

#6588 5 years ago

PPS have 2 or 3 AFMR LE's left, and when these are gone there are no more, possibly a couple of resellers who have some, but likely not at the regular list price ... so if anyone is on the fence now is the time. We also have GREEN conversion kits for $100 for any of these last games ... [email protected]

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS have 2 or 3 AFMR LE's left, and when these are gone there are no more, possibly a couple of resellers who have some, but likely not at the regular list price ... so if anyone is on the fence now is the time. We also have GREEN conversion kits for $100 for any of these last games ... [email protected]

If someone got the black and bought the green conversion kit,

I imagine it wouldnt be hard to sell the black parts for $100

They are really nice and would fit on any late William's game.

$100 is cheaper than you can have them powder coated.

#6590 5 years ago

If someone got the black and bought the green conversion kit,
I imagine it wouldnt be hard to sell the black parts for $100
They are really nice and would fit on any late William's game.
$100 is cheaper than you can have them powder coated.

Why would you EVER sell the black?? Black is way better on this machine IMO (which really means nothing).
I saw the green in person.....chose black on my machine. Couldn’t be happier.

#6591 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Why would you EVER sell the black?? Black is way better on this machine IMO (which really means nothing).

100% agree...I think the green looks out of place on the cabinet. Not sure what others see in the green.

#6592 5 years ago

Well, I was supposed to have an AFM LE delivered to me today, but once the driver started to wheel the game off the truck I noticed it was laying flat (like it was pushed over) on the pallet. The box also looked damaged in some parts, so I had to refuse delivery.

What’s with these shipping companies these days?

#6593 5 years ago

Mezelmods Eat at Eddy's mod is back in stock, picked one up last night, in case anyone is looking.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building

#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I also chose the black, I think it looks sharp on this title.

I was thinking that someone who had an original in stainless would immediately snap up a set of black armor if it was only $100.

So, color isn't really the deal breaker one would think.

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Well, I was supposed to have an AFM LE delivered to me today, but once the driver started to wheel the game off the truck I noticed it was laying flat (like it was pushed over) on the pallet. The box also looked damaged in some parts, so I had to refuse delivery.
What’s with these shipping companies these days?

Number 2 crash landed today. WTF even the topper was damaged. At least my MM appears okay.

1ACE7F7A-F6F3-4848-98C1-255A3E83D281 (resized).jpeg1ACE7F7A-F6F3-4848-98C1-255A3E83D281 (resized).jpeg2B53798A-FA04-4187-9B3E-C12637EC4ECC (resized).jpeg2B53798A-FA04-4187-9B3E-C12637EC4ECC (resized).jpeg40E1B89C-E29D-4CAC-A881-51F2D52DBC5C (resized).jpeg40E1B89C-E29D-4CAC-A881-51F2D52DBC5C (resized).jpeg4C2E3169-D05B-45AF-93CD-97B80073C381 (resized).jpeg4C2E3169-D05B-45AF-93CD-97B80073C381 (resized).jpeg7E4A488E-941E-475D-B68B-A0B1D6C39233 (resized).jpeg7E4A488E-941E-475D-B68B-A0B1D6C39233 (resized).jpegE5304B5F-1076-4807-83A9-B4D0C1854464 (resized).jpegE5304B5F-1076-4807-83A9-B4D0C1854464 (resized).jpegEACE390A-A60C-4580-AB60-7004587F3911 (resized).jpegEACE390A-A60C-4580-AB60-7004587F3911 (resized).jpegF2140469-D22A-457D-988A-AB21A3D4595B (resized).jpegF2140469-D22A-457D-988A-AB21A3D4595B (resized).jpeg
#6596 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Number 2 crash landed today. WTF even the topper was damaged. At least my MM appears okay.

You accepted delivery on that????

#6597 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

You accepted delivery on that????

NOPE! Opened and inspected per Sara from PPS. Stuffed back in box and returned

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

NOPE! Opened and inspected per Sara from PPS. Stuffed back in box and returned

What was the shipping company?

CGC really has to invest in tip-n-tell and drop-n-tell devices as well as other game suppliers.

On this its a total loss and you can see it on the truck before it was unloaded.

However today's shippers are so rough, hidden damage is happening more and more.

#6599 5 years ago

CGC should evaluate which shippers damage the most often, and not use those companies.

#6600 5 years ago

Such a fn crapshoot on game deliveries.
Waiting in anticipation than seeing damage. Sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/132?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.