pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 212.
#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have LEs sold out?

Player one and Nitro are out I think.

#6502 5 years ago

Green ones are almost gone...I got mine two weeks ago...plane try and automated serv. Have black and silver le left nib.

#6503 5 years ago

I ordered mine from planetary. They had black and silver only. No offense to any owner of the green....it just wasn't my choice to begin with. When talking with Sara, she gave me 6 different LE numbers to choose from in black. So I'm guessing the black ones are almost sold out. Not sure about the silver. All the websites I looked at didn't have any LE's in stock except planetary.

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I ordered mine from planetary. They had black and silver only. No offense to any owner of the green....it just wasn't my choice to begin with. When talking with Sara, she gave me 6 different LE numbers to choose from in black. So I'm guessing the black ones are almost sold out. Not sure about the silver. All the websites I looked at didn't have any LE's in stock except planetary.

I love my AFMRle in black, I ordered it that way. To me it looks sharp.

And, as they say: Once you go black....

#6505 5 years ago

Joined the club today, love it. Do have a question for some help, the left upkicker sometimes takes multiple attempts to make it up. My pitch is 7.0 and perfectly level, the settings are default with flippers -3 and jets max. Is there a setting for the large left vuk?

0D0F7887-89A1-4C2F-9D5B-EDC93A25AB83 (resized).jpeg0D0F7887-89A1-4C2F-9D5B-EDC93A25AB83 (resized).jpeg61F904D9-5CC9-4D60-88D7-791BC60FC696 (resized).jpeg61F904D9-5CC9-4D60-88D7-791BC60FC696 (resized).jpeg
#6506 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is there a setting for the large left vuk?

Page 1-15 in the manual, in the CGC menu - left popper strength.

LTG : )

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-15 in the manual, in the CGC menu - left popper strength.
LTG : )

Hmm got it at max

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Mezel mods Eat at Eddy’s mod back in stock for those waiting for one

Anyone fitted one and do you like it.

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Green ones are almost gone...I got mine two weeks ago...plane try and automated serv. Have black and silver le left nib.

All sold out here ages ago. We are just starting to see them come onto the market second hand. I jumped on one offered to me by a mate. CGC nailed this title and I prefer this to the MMRLE I owned. Quality is amazing and touch wood it’s been bullet proof so far. Only 99 plays so it should be.

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hmm got it at max

Have you checked that it is fitted nice and square to playfield. I’ve had issues in the past with assembly sitting high on one side causing what you describe. Have a good look at the mech to make sure nothing has fallen inside. Led,rubber, it’s surprising what can get in during production. Vacuumed my cab out when I got it and found cable tie cutoffs LEDs and splinters of wood.

#6511 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Have you checked that it is fitted nice and square to playfield. I’ve had issues in the past with assembly sitting high on one side causing what you describe. Have a good look at the mech to make sure nothing has fallen inside. Led,rubber, it’s surprising what can get in during production. Vacuumed my cab out when I got it and found cable tie cutoffs LEDs and splinters of wood.

I checked the coil and it’s tight. I’ll dig in more tomorrow.

#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I check the coil and it’s tight. I’ll dig in more tomorrow.

Worth a look Bob. Hope you find the reason. Nothing drives me crazy than something not working correctly especially in our most favourite games.

#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Anyone fitted one and do you like it.

I have, and you bet,.. it is an easy mod with one minor fiddly bit,.. but it looks great on the playfield, and fits in as if it should always have been there. The Eat at Eddies sign on the top has fallen off twice, so I have gone for a stronger method of keeping it in place. I also went with a green VUK scoop mod, and the Atomic Blaster,.. easy and looks great.

#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Joined the club today, love it. Do have a question for some help, the left upkicker sometimes takes multiple attempts to make it up. My pitch is 7.0 and perfectly level, the settings are default with flippers -3 and jets max. Is there a setting for the large left vuk?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was having the same problem with the left VUK, I fixed it by bending the seat on the coil bracket...

Quoted from mjthompson:

For future reference... I think I figured the left VUK problem out. The ball seat on the coil assembly wasn't square and I think it was causing the ball to rattle around inside the scoop. You can see that the seat is tilted toward the backside of the coil assembly (opposite the entry point of the assembly). I squared the seat up using a pair of pliers (ie. made the gaps at the arrows the same) and I haven't had any misfires since... Time will tell![quoted image]

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hmm got it at max

That was my problem, I dropped the VUK strength til it just jumps the top, perfect ever since.

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I have, and you bet,.. it is an easy mod with one minor fiddly bit,.. but it looks great on the playfield, and fits in as if it should always have been there. The Eat at Eddies sign on the top has fallen off twice, so I have gone for a stronger method of keeping it in place. I also went with a green VUK scoop mod, and the Atomic Blaster,.. easy and looks great.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Might have to wait for the next Black Friday sale. Shipping to Australia is killing us mod lovers.

#6517 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Might have to wait for the next Black Friday sale. Shipping to Australia is killing us mod lovers.

At least it’s crossing an ocean and travelling intercontinental...I live in Windsor Canada (Detroit is NORTH of me...as are many states), share North America and shipping to me is astronomical as well! I don’t get it at all!

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

At least it’s crossing an ocean and travelling intercontinental...I live in Windsor Canada (Detroit is NORTH of me...as are many states), share North America and shipping to me is astronomical as well! I don’t get it at all!

I had mine shipped to a terminal and went and picked it up myself. May be an option for you. Of course I didn’t need to cross the border

#6519 5 years ago

Hi guys, quick question. Did the nib games come with a goodie bag or anything? I just got an LE and all it has with it is the manual and coin box. Thanks in advance!!

#6520 5 years ago

Joined the club today AFMrLE #450, there's nothing like taking a sick day from work to go and pick up a pin

20190311_175351_resized_1 (resized).jpg20190311_175351_resized_1 (resized).jpg20190311_212824_resized (resized).jpg20190311_212824_resized (resized).jpg20190311_212834_resized (resized).jpg20190311_212834_resized (resized).jpg
#6521 5 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi guys, quick question. Did the nib games come with a goodie bag or anything? I just got an LE and all it has with it is the manual and coin box. Thanks in advance!!

Mine didn't. I had to order a key fob.

#6522 5 years ago

no goodie bag... I also ordered a key fob

#6523 5 years ago

thanks!!

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

My SE arrived today from Coin Taker. My first time using them and I have to say the customer service from start to delivery was great.
This game is sweet; glad I upgraded. Really happy with the build. So what if I have to eat Ramen for the rest of the year? Lol

I use Cointaker too and doing so for my Premium. In this hobby you eat a lot of Ramen.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This was a problem for a lot of people when it first came out. The fix was under the playfield bending the mechanism gently to the right under playfield. To align it better.

#6526 5 years ago

I am looking to change out the flipper rubbers and go with Titans - any cool colors or kits suggested?

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am looking to change out the flipper rubbers and go with Titans - any cool colors or kits suggested?

I like green for the flippers. We put on some reds, but there is already so much red in that area of the playfield. Red felt a bit much. I like Titan's clear/translucent in other places, especially when a bulb is behind it. It lets the light through nicely.

20190317_203207.jpg20190317_203207.jpg
#6528 5 years ago

Glow in the dark titans.

20181225_134233 (resized).jpg20181225_134233 (resized).jpg
#6529 5 years ago

GITD Titans in mine also. Tried red, green and each looked off. The GITD create a cool effect. I also changed the flipper bats to black to make them stand out even more.

#6530 5 years ago

I also have the glow in the dark titans. Have Pinstadiums with the UV glow flashers. Awesome.

#6531 5 years ago

...Titan green flippers - love them. Also replaced all bumper, post and slingshot rubbers for white and red.

Green Flippers (resized).jpgGreen Flippers (resized).jpg
#6532 5 years ago

...exploded my AFMr this afternoon.
RTU and 5O billion on the 1st ball. Wow - I couldn't believe what was occurring. Collected every extra ball available, numerous Annihilations and Super Jackpots - the shots just kept happening. Sad thing though, I was only two shots away from conquering Mars and attempting the 2nd RTU.
Great Fun!

50Billion -  Ball #2 (resized).jpg50Billion - Ball #2 (resized).jpg
#6533 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I was going to get the neon Titans for my AFM Se but decided the neon green looked better on my TFTC. Did replace the flipper rubbers on AFM with black Titans though. Still might get the neon green for AFM but TFTC needed them more, especially since I’m almost sure some of the rubber on the bottom posts of the upper pf were probably original to my game. But Titans are the way to go. Have yet to have one break.

#6534 5 years ago

Picking up an AFMr CE this weekend from Cointaker. Can't wait to set it up next to our MBr CE!

#6535 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Picking up an AFMr CE this weekend from Cointaker. Can't wait to set it up next to our MBr CE!

Awesome! Your collection of IMDN and MET Pro with MBCE and AFMCE is an amazing lineup and IMHO the best value dollar for pin in pinball!

#6536 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome! Your collection of IMDN and MET Pro with MBCE and AFMCE is an amazing lineup and IMHO the best value dollar for pin in pinball!

Ended up selling the IMDN Pro to fund this purchase... but I can see us getting that one back in the future for sure. So happy...

0323191700 (resized).jpg0323191700 (resized).jpg

#6537 5 years ago

What's the secret to winning the Video Mode? I have never been able to finish it.

#6538 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

What's the secret to winning the Video Mode? I have never been able to finish it.

Can only speak for myself.
I don’t watch the ships, just sweep fire back and forth changing direction as the fire tip hits about 45 degrees from the ground. Get ready with the bomb but if you sweep well shouldn’t need it most times. That should get you to the main ship. Attacking the main ship don’t aim very far from centre and the ship will collect the fire.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I don’t watch the ships, just sweep fire back and forth changing direction as the fire tip hits about 45 degrees from the ground. Get ready with the bomb but if you sweep well shouldn’t need it most times. That should get you to the main ship. Attacking the main ship don’t aim very far from centre and the ship will collect the fire.

Thanks, will try tonight!

#6540 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Yes, I concur with Tolls, narrow the arc (or sweep) of your firing. You don't need to swing the gun out to the extreme left or right. If you do, you won't be able to move the gun back into position to shoot the saucers that drop from the opposite side.

#6541 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

What bomb?

#6542 5 years ago

Launch button will zap all the saucers on the screen

#6543 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Launch button will zap all the saucers on the screen

Well no shit. Lol. Thanks man, I swear I. never even knew that!

#6544 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Well no shit. Lol. Thanks man, I swear I. never even knew that!

+1 that sentiment,.. all this time earning one and never knowing how/where/what to do with it. Doh!!

#6545 5 years ago

gre titans for AFM looks awesome.

#6546 5 years ago

There's always one bomb that you can use against the saucers in video mode, you don't have to earn it. The Martian Bomb that you can earn is to credit a hit against the martians when they are bouncing if you hit the launch button.

#6547 5 years ago

Picked up an AFMR Classic from TPF this weekend, been playing fine but noticed something new tonight. When the force field has been down for a while during an attack wave, sometimes the martians will start jumping and the forcefield will go up. It will go right back down, the martians will stop jumping and the attack wave will continue like nothing happened. Any idea what's going on there?

#6548 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Picked up an AFMR Classic from TPF this weekend, been playing fine but noticed something new tonight. When the force field has been down for a while during an attack wave, sometimes the martians will start jumping and the forcefield will go up. It will go right back down, the martians will stop jumping and the attack wave will continue like nothing happened. Any idea what's going on there?

That sounds like a ball search.

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

There's always one bomb that you can use against the saucers in video mode, you don't have to earn it. The Martian Bomb that you can earn is to credit a hit against the martians when they are bouncing if you hit the launch button.

Wait !?!? What !?!? (Nearly spills his beer),... this is even better news ,... excuse please,.. I think I need to go play a game or two

<sound in distance “what?. you again…!!”>

#6550 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

That sounds like a ball search.

Ok, now that you mention it bet that’s what it was. We were testing lower flipper power at the time and cradling longer than usual to do so but were shooting at just the right time to make it look like it was an intermittent thing, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/131?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.