pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 212.
#6451 5 years ago

After several months, I finally completed a bunch of construction in my basement, and was able to level my LE, re-set the flippers back to the factory angle, and close up the outlanes.

For the first time, I managed to get all six of the blue lights lit and was aiming for the SOL scoop to start RTU when I drained the last ball. So close, and yet... So close...

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Definitely turn down flippers. I think I'm at - 3. However, before you do this make sure you have V2 PIC chip on driver board in back box.

If the game came from PPS I know for sure that Sara would have sent the new chip out. I just bought my black AFMLE from PPS and she sent the chip in the mail at the same time. Replace it as to not void your warranty!

#6453 5 years ago

Where are flipper settings in menu?

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

hold the escape key until you get the CGC menu.

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

In the CGC Menu page 1-10 in your manual.

Or -

LTG : )

#6456 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Open the coin door and hold down the green button by the coin mechs. Press the black button until you see an option for flipper strength. Press the red buttons until flipper setting is highlighted. Press the black button to select, press the red buttons to adjust to desired strength, press the black button to make selection, wait 5 seconds. Press the green button repeatedly to exit menu. Done!

#6457 5 years ago

GOODBYE TEX!!! ...finally, after one year of ownership to #873 and 1320 plays (factory settings) I achieved 'Ruler of the Universe'! Had 22 billion on the 1st ball, five countries saved, super jackpot lit (which is tough in itself) and three extra balls in reserve, so I had a feeling this was to be the big game.
Cool feature with the playfield going black and flippers deactivating. Since RTU occurred during a multiball, three balls drained straight down.
So what now? I guess I'm now ready for that second machine, and favor the CGC's like MBr and MMr, though the DIle looks intriguing.

Grand Champion - 02-2019 (resized).jpgGrand Champion - 02-2019 (resized).jpgRuler of Universe - 02-2019 (resized).jpgRuler of Universe - 02-2019 (resized).jpg
#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

GOODBYE TEX!!! ...finally, after one year of ownership to #873 and 1320 plays (factory settings) I achieved 'Ruler of the Universe'! Had 22 billion on the 1st ball, five countries saved, super jackpot lit (which is tough in itself) and three extra balls in reserve, so I had a feeling this was to be the big game.
Cool feature with the playfield going black and flippers deactivating. Since RTU occurred during a multiball, three balls drained straight down.
So what now? I guess I'm now ready for that second machine, and favor the CGC's like MBr and MMr, though the DIle looks intriguing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have DILe as well as AFMR Le. There seems to be quite a few people who have both in their collection. Good reason for that, they are both top shelf games that compliment each other. Dialed In is such an ambitious concept, probably couldn’t be done if paying for licensing as well, the sell price would be prohibitive. I bought DI as my “if I could buy any pin” pin. After a year I still take a step back and think what an amazing piece of engineering, and it’s just so much fun, it doesn’t get old. When my friends play it, most who haven’t played pinball since we all had hair, they look like a child who has been give a bike for Christmas.
DO IT, but you really need both, AFM and DI.

#6459 5 years ago

Picked up matching #381s today!! Both look and play great!! Are there any adjustments I should make on AFMr settings?

872EE5B0-B850-4E17-BF11-BE3F2E385D95 (resized).jpeg872EE5B0-B850-4E17-BF11-BE3F2E385D95 (resized).jpegB15AFD52-740A-4EB6-B275-9E3E5112B37C (resized).jpegB15AFD52-740A-4EB6-B275-9E3E5112B37C (resized).jpeg
#6460 5 years ago

I turned down flippers to -3? Anything else?

#6461 5 years ago

Why should one turn down the flippers?

#6462 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Why should one turn down the flippers?

It greatly reduces the likelihood of airballs which are extremely damaging, and provides ball control.

Quoted from pghpinfan:

I turned down flippers to -3? Anything else?

...pghpinfan, love that dual CGC combination! I'm a big Universal Monster fan and movie buff, and have all the old Aurora plastic models (circa 1962), painted professionally by my Father. Displaying these around MBr would really enhance the environment.
Regarding AFMr, I suggest the Mexal 'Eddy', a trough and shooter lane LED, and after several hundred plays, change the black rubbers, bumpers and slings. I replaced everything with Titan silicons. She plays better, looks great, and the playfield remains clean.

#6463 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting an AFM CE. What would it cost to upgrade to the color DMD?
Thanks!

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I'm thinking about getting an AFM CE. What would it cost to upgrade to the color DMD?
Thanks!

About 450-500 for the chip. Full color and high res. Only it’s in the smaller screen.

#6465 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Thanks!

I thought it was $400. I like the CE because is looks like an AFM for the 90’s, but new. Very happy with mine. Like more happy then I ever would have expected!

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I thought it was $400

Correct. $399 from any CGC dealer.

#6467 5 years ago

A few months ago I thought the NIB price for a classic was $6k? Now I can't find a CE for under $6500.

#6468 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

A few months ago I thought the NIB price for a classic was $6k? Now I can't find a CE for under $6500.

Have CE AFMrs been $6k? If so, that'd be very tempting. I've looked a few times and they always seem to be $6500.

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have CE AFMrs been $6k? If so, that'd be very tempting.

Yes. They have been $6k since MBr came out. For some reason most dealers haven't updated the price.

Pinball pro has
https://pinballpro.net/shop/attack-from-mars-classic-edition-pinball-machine/

I bought my MMr here and got great service.

#6470 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

It greatly reduces the likelihood of airballs which are extremely damaging, and provides ball control.

...pghpinfan, love that dual CGC combination! I'm a big Universal Monster fan and movie buff, and have all the old Aurora plastic models (circa 1962), painted professionally by my Father. Displaying these around MBr would really enhance the environment.
Regarding AFMr, I suggest the Mexal 'Eddy', a trough and shooter lane LED, and after several hundred plays, change the black rubbers, bumpers and slings. I replaced everything with Titan silicons. She plays better, looks great, and the playfield remains clean.

I bet those models look nice. Thanks for the advice.

#6471 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

GOODBYE TEX!!!

death to ming... i mean ... tex ah ah no longer ruler of the the universe. good job, took me 10 months and 1500 plays. for sure satisfying not to see his initials

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have CE AFMrs been $6k? If so, that'd be very tempting. I've looked a few times and they always seem to be $6500.

Yes AFM CE and also MB CE $6000. Crazy!

#6473 5 years ago

It's an awesome time for pinball!

#6474 5 years ago

Picked up a MBrCE when it first came out and absolutely love it. AFM has always been a favorite of the son and I so maybe I'll sell something and grab one. $6k for a new MB or AFM when compared to used prices of only a year or two ago make them a no brainer IMO.

#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Picked up a MBrCE when it first came out and absolutely love it. AFM has always been a favorite of the son and I so maybe I'll sell something and grab one. $6k for a new MB or AFM when compared to used prices of only a year or two ago make them a no brainer IMO.

Agree! The only problem is if you would have to sell your MET or IMDN Pros to get AFM.

Forget about those folks who say sterns have no value - Met and IMDN pros are - Amazing values!!

I don’t know maybe bag your lunch and make your own Starbucks at home for a while and add AFM to IMDN, MET and MB and never have to sell or trade a pin for like..........forever!! I am not kidding.

#6476 5 years ago

I have had a 3 machine collection for 11 years. This is the year it will go from 3 to 5, and possibly 6, if I can convince the wife that we need an AFMrSE or LE when the time comes later this year. Waiting on the MBrLE first.

#6477 5 years ago

Agree! The only problem is if you would have to sell your MET or IMDN Pros to get AFM.
Forget about those folks who say sterns have no value - Met and IMDN pros are - Amazing values!!
I don’t know maybe bag your lunch and make your own Starbucks at home for a while and add AFM to IMDN, MET and MB and never have to sell or trade a pin for like..........forever!! I am not kidding.

Not to start an argument, I have never played Iron Maiden, but my METLE was sold to buy my AFMLE and I couldn’t be happier. I was the first owner of MET and just did not like the game as much as AFM. My kids, my GF, her kids and my guests all love the AFM and none of us miss the METLE....just saying.

#6478 5 years ago

So I am not a noob, but I am stumped on where to connect this damn topper, and it doesn't sound like I am the first.

@jimmyhonda a while back was trying to figure out how to connect an aftermarket topper to his AFM SE. I am in a similar pickle. Amazing how there is not even the simplest of documentation included. I do have the collective expertise of all of you though, so...

There is a molex connector coming straight off the topper like his showed, but included in my packaging was a z type connector/adaptor. Where does that plug into, any idea anyone?

IMG_20190303_083037 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_083037 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_083023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_083023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_083020 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_083020 (resized).jpg
#6479 5 years ago

I know on the LE there is a separate board the topper connects to. I'm not sure if that's what you would need here. Otherwise I'm thinking you would need to tap the GI or some aux power source somewhere.

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Not to start an argument, I have never played Iron Maiden, but my METLE was sold to buy my AFMLE and I couldn’t be happier. I was the first owner of MET and just did not like the game as much as AFM. My kids, my GF, her kids and my guests all love the AFM and none of us miss the METLE....just saying.

If all you own are great games you need to sell a great game to get money for another great game. It just makes the decisions more difficult in an awesome problem to have way.

#6481 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I know on the LE there is a separate board the topper connects to. I'm not sure if that's what you would need here. Otherwise I'm thinking you would need to tap the GI or some aux power source somewhere.

There are no Molex connections for AFMr and I don’t think that IDC will work either, at least not under the playfield, unless you connect it to the GI connectors. Do you know if it’s a 5v mod? The fact that the connection you show has three wires, leads me to believe either the connector is designed for a specific connection to the boards in the backbox or its not designed for the remake.

#6482 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There are no Molex connections for AFMr and I don’t think that IDC will work either, at least not under the playfield, unless you connect it to the GI connectors. Do you know if it’s a 5v mod? The fact that the connection you show has three wires, leads me to believe either the connector is designed for a specific connection to the boards in the backbox or its not designed for the remake.

Yes, looks like it's for original AFM, not the remake.

One would have to rig up a new power source.

#6483 5 years ago

That topper looks like one made by Laseriffic. Probably numbered in the back. Definitely made for an original AFM.

#6484 5 years ago

Has anyone changed the trim on their AFMr? I am looking into possibly getting one and am wondering how difficult it is to change the black trim to green...thanks for any feedback/input!

#6485 5 years ago

Legs and lock down bar or easy. Your side rails will be the hardest as they are held on with bolts and double sided tape. I have changed on other games but not AFMR

#6486 5 years ago

What triggers the light in the playfield between the pop bumpers to light up? I am not sure I’ve seen mine light up yet

#6487 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What triggers the light in the playfield between the pop bumpers to light up? I am not sure I’ve seen mine light up yet

Super jets requires 100 jet bumper interactions, the light then flashes.

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I'm definitely enjoying it

Snice gettingit, I've put much more time on it then AFM. Not sure it's the honeymoon phase, or if I just like shooting it more (there's definitely more variety on the MET pf).

I personally play games to reach wizard modes. And the true mark of a keeper for me, is reaching that finale, and wanting to do it again and again and again.

MET is a great game to shoot. There's so much to it, and it just pulls you in more than AFM in my opinion. But when you reach EOTL (wizard mode) it's pretty lacklustre. It's just a bunch of lit shots that seem to go on forever, with no real reward or motivation to play harder.

AFM is epic. You feel like you're battling for something, and when the flippers stop and the balls drain out, you feel like something big just happened. It's not as good as BFTK in MM to me, but it's up there as one of the best. I've reached like 4 times, and am always excited to go for it again.

#6489 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Super jets requires 100 jet bumper interactions, the light then flashes.

Thank you.

#6490 5 years ago

My left flipper button sticks occasionally. The actual button stays depressed. What fix is recommended ?

#6491 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

My left flipper button sticks occasionally. The actual button stays depressed. What fix is recommended ?

If it's the cabinet button itself.

Remove it and wash it with dish detergent. Let it dry.

If its stuck because of a bad moulding job, replace it.

They are inexpensive.

#6492 5 years ago

is it easy to remove? I have never had to do that before.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

is it easy to remove? I have never had to do that before.

Super easy.

Unscrew the tin nut that holds it on.

Just use needle nose or flat nose pliers to loosen the nut. The button will spin freely once the nut is slightly loosened.

Its not very tight.

There are no wires attached to it.

If the switch is in the way, remove the 2 screws that hold it onto the cabinet and let it hang while looking at the cabinet button.

I have been known to carefully separate the button halves to sand the inside piece down a bit to get them working better in a pinch.

It's just snapped togethet.

#6494 5 years ago

Easy question- is there a setting that adjusts the replay score based on how well or, in my case, how poorly you are doing? My Met Pro used to do this. It would range up the better I did and move down the worse i did. If so, what menu and what setting. Thanks!!

#6495 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

If so, what menu and what setting.

Starts on page 1-36 in your manual. A.1 05 Replay System set to Auto Percent. Then the next settings can be set to things too.

LTG : )

#6496 5 years ago

I just ordered a AFMrLE in black( my color of choice ). So stoked to join this club.

#6497 5 years ago

Mezel mods Eat at Eddy’s mod back in stock for those waiting for one

#6498 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Mezel mods Eat at Eddy’s mod back in stock for those waiting for one

Hooray, I finally got my timing right to pick one up before they sold out again

#6499 5 years ago

Have LEs sold out?

#6500 5 years ago

PPS still have some in stock. But check with your local (Canadian) distributor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/130?hl=davedigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.