Topic Stats

• 6,533 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Cyrus
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50Billion -  Ball #2 (resized).jpg
Green Flippers (resized).jpg
20181225_134233 (resized).jpg
20190317_203207.jpg
20190311_212834_resized (resized).jpg
20190311_212824_resized (resized).jpg
20190311_175351_resized_1 (resized).jpg
61F904D9-5CC9-4D60-88D7-791BC60FC696 (resized).jpeg
0D0F7887-89A1-4C2F-9D5B-EDC93A25AB83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190303_083037 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190303_083023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190303_083020 (resized).jpg
B15AFD52-740A-4EB6-B275-9E3E5112B37C (resized).jpeg
872EE5B0-B850-4E17-BF11-BE3F2E385D95 (resized).jpeg
Grand Champion - 02-2019 (resized).jpg
Ruler of Universe - 02-2019 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6533 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.
#6401 33 days ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Trying to take pics for my fellow pinsider....and this fell out? Any ideas?
[quoted image]

I think that's one of the screws for the left ramp, or something in that area - I remember that piece distinctly. I can check my machine and take a picture when I get home.

#6402 33 days ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Thanks for the pictures hollywood. That where my Cliffy is as well.
I'm heading out of town this morning so I'll have to mess with the VUK when I get back Sunday.

You’re old original AFM is working perfectly Marty.

#6403 33 days ago

It might be from under the right ramp. When I was swapping out my rubbers, I found one of those very loose under that ramp. It has a partner and there is a rubber ring around both next to the back of the SOL scoop.

#6404 33 days ago
Quoted from crank:

You’re old original AFM is working perfectly Marty.

That's cool... I assume Nolan's scores still make up most of the high score list... Oh wait, I sure the batteries were changed with the power off.

#6405 33 days ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

That's cool... I assume Nolan's scores still make up most of the high score list... Oh wait, I sure the batteries were changed with the power off.

Yep

#6406 33 days ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

It might be from under the right ramp. When I was swapping out my rubbers, I found one of those very loose under that ramp. It has a partner and there is a rubber ring around both next to the back of the SOL scoop.

That could be it, and there's also one here near the left ramp holding the top edge of the plastic down:

pasted_image (resized).png
#6407 31 days ago

I’m looking for an AFM Topper. I love these two, but they are not for sale anymore. Anybody have a topper idea or wanna sell theirs? I’m not a big fan of the current laseriffic AFM Topper out there today. Thanks all.

420BA101-CA21-42FE-965C-0B380D5ECB56 (resized).jpegC6B3280F-AF9F-4862-A6DE-EA3D33097275 (resized).png
#6408 31 days ago

Do they make trim kits for these so you can change the color of the trim if you’d like?

#6409 27 days ago

Anyone selling a LE ? Specially in California

#6410 27 days ago

PPS and Automated services are only two places with le's in stock if your looking for new. I just ordered a green le

#6411 27 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

PPS and Automated services are only two places with le's in stock if your looking for new. I just ordered a green le

Same Green LE and number matched MBr LE. Can’t wait

#6412 27 days ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

They are finally selling out.
There are a few left but its limited.
Get one while you can if you want NIB.

#6413 27 days ago

Well I am very happy to join. Bonus as it came with 3D translite and Pingraffix powerblades. 78 Plays....fantastic.

88A87DD2-A6DC-4648-BC8E-5A7721BB2D4A (resized).jpeg3776D69B-F20D-46F9-9E63-B309207C98CF (resized).jpegE109BFC4-8ED4-41D5-98B9-5C3D062C8053 (resized).jpeg
#6414 27 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I am very happy to join. Bonus as it came with 3D translite and Pingraffix powerblades. 78 Plays....fantastic. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to see you've joined us Scott, great game

#6415 27 days ago

Just joined the club!!! Got me an LE. Glad to be part of the AFMRE club!!

#6416 26 days ago

Hi all, I just bought this topper. Any idea where I could connect this molex for this topper on my AFMR? Thank you.

C5F66413-F147-46BE-BA04-7687FD5DCA96 (resized).jpeg
#6417 26 days ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

The LE is great. I dig the Topper, but this SE for sale close by you for $6500 looks like a good deal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-remake-special-17#post-4850447

#6418 26 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The LE is great. I dig the Topper, but this SE for sale close by you for $6500 looks like a good deal.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-remake-special-17#post-4850447

Yeah I just see this might have to check it out... is there really a big difference besides the topper worth paying another 2g?

#6419 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hi all, I just bought this topper. Any idea where I could connect this molex for this topper on my AFMR? Thank you.
[quoted image]

Nowhere in the remake, sorry those connections won’t work. Won’t work in the original either so wondering if it was made with some kind of power adaopter in mind. You could wire it straight to the power supply, assuming it’s 12v.

#6420 26 days ago

Is there a molex 12v wire extender anyone sells to get it to reach the 12v in cab? It’s not long enough.

#6421 26 days ago

I just noticed there isn’t even a 12V molex connector by the coindoor either. Anyone have any idea how I could hook this up to 12v connection in my afmr?

#6422 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I just noticed there isn’t even a 12V molex connector by the coindoor either. Anyone have any idea how I could hook this up to 12v connection in my afmr?

Run a separate 12v supply off the service outlet.

#6423 26 days ago

I’m still pretty new into this stuff. Not sure how I’d do that?

#6424 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m still pretty new into this stuff. Not sure how I’d do that?

Just cut the plug off and attach hook up wire long enough to reach the power supply

#6425 26 days ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Yeah I just see this might have to check it out... is there really a big difference besides the topper worth paying another 2g?

Armor, mini saucers have LED’s also added to LE also. Depends on price of LE also new. Not many left. But $6500 is a fair deal for a HUO SE. Gameplay is the same.

Look at diffences below

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars

#6426 26 days ago

So, tie into metal box in cab by coindoor? Any suggestions on type of wire? Sorry guys. Newbie here.

#6427 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, tie into metal box in cab by coindoor? Any suggestions on type of wire? Sorry guys. Newbie here.

See if there is someone here or near you to help.

Lots if help here.

Dont guess, or break something trying to figure it out, it's not worth it.

What seems simple for a lot of us can be very daunting for the novices.

Take your time and absolutely enlist the help of others.

There are no stupid questions.

#6428 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Correct. The power taps are marked 12v and ground. Just unscrew the plastic shield to get to them. Take the plug to Home Depot / Lowe's and match the wire size.

#6429 26 days ago

Does anybody know if I could connect my topper to this molex connector pictured in the backbox of afmr? I’m not sure what this molex connector is for?

B66B0E08-382A-4447-A1EE-8814E956166D (resized).jpeg
#6430 26 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know if I could connect my topper to this molex connector pictured in the backbox of afmr?

That should void your warranty.

Get a separate power supply and plug it into the service outlet.

LTG : )

#6431 26 days ago

Okay. Thanks!

#6432 26 days ago

As a newbie and based on the questions your asking, I wouldn't suggest hooking that up by yourself. You can damage your game fairly easily if you do it incorrectly. Do you have anybody with knowledge that could help you. Even after another pinsider mentioned the power taps as a way to hook up, you moved on to that connector. Please be careful as LTG stated you can avoid the warranty.

#6433 26 days ago

Sorry, void the warranty.

#6434 26 days ago

Thank you. Just trying to find solutions. Much appreciated everyone.

#6435 23 days ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I recently put Cliffy's on my new AFMrLE, including the exit for the left VUK. I started having issues with the left VUK misfiring when trying to kick a ball up to the left wireform. The ball seems to be hitting the edge of the VUK scoop. I think I may have reinstalled the VUK incorrectly. Can someone tell me if the tab the green arrow is pointing to should be on top (the other side) of the transition from the mothership?[quoted image]

Quoted from mjthompson:

Thanks for the pictures hollywood. That where my Cliffy is as well.
I'm heading out of town this morning so I'll have to mess with the VUK when I get back Sunday.

For future reference... I think I figured the left VUK problem out. The ball seat on the coil assembly wasn't square and I think it was causing the ball to rattle around inside the scoop. You can see that the seat is tilted toward the backside of the coil assembly (opposite the entry point of the assembly). I squared the seat up using a pair of pliers (ie. made the gaps at the arrows the same) and I haven't had any misfires since... Time will tell!

AFM Left VUK coil adjustment (resized).jpg
#6436 23 days ago

I tried hooking up my AFMr to my external sub that is also hooked up to my TZ (note sound is great with AFMr but figured I would just try it since they sit side by side). At first it sounded awesome - then a couple minutes into my ball the game sound cut off and I could only hear the sub. It would cut in and out and then the sound through the speakers sounded a little crackly. Of course I am having my best ball I ever had on this game! I get the strobe multi ball and then a ball popped up on the apron. So I painfully shut off the game (was sad to abandon that game), unplugged the speaker wires from the sub and game sounded perfect again.

I get that you really don't need the external sub, but for those that do have one hooked up any tricks to get it working properly? Does the fact I have 2 games plugged in matter (to the separate connections)? Or just forget the idea? Thank you.

#6437 23 days ago

I have a Polk external sub on mine and never had a problem. I would try your sub only on the afmr and see if that solves it.

#6438 23 days ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have a Polk external sub on mine and never had a problem. I would try your sub only on the afmr and see if that solves it.

That fixed it - thanks a lot. Pulled out the TZ wires and the put ARMr wires in those slots since TZ was working perfectly. I will order another sub for TZ and keep them separate. Always had the separate subs but figured I would try the split since I am usually the only one playing the pins so rare 2 games would be sharing the sub live at the same time.

Kicks the already awesome sound up even a couple levels more.

Much appreciated.

#6439 23 days ago

Getting my green le this week...whats the consensus of this game needing protection and installing cliffys ? Been chatting with one pinsider on this topic...curious what other owners are doing.

#6440 23 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Getting my green le this week...whats the consensus of this game needing protection and installing cliffys ? Been chatting with one pinsider on this topic...curious what other owners are doing.

I only bought the Cliffy protectors. Seem to work just fine. Not much else needed to do to this game....except to get the Eat at Eddy's mod from mezelmods!

#6441 23 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

NIB? Seems like this thread did a throwback to a year and a half ago with folks buying LE NIB lately. Congrats!

#6442 23 days ago

Yep nib...went back and forth between this and mb....picked afm le...and getting a potc le at same time

#6443 21 days ago

Matching #381 AFMR LE and MBR LE waiting for me to pick up. Grabbing them Friday. Can’t wait!

#6444 21 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Matching #381 AFMR LE and MBR LE waiting for me to pick up. Grabbing them Friday. Can’t wait!

Matching? Interesting. NIB right? Congrats!!

#6445 21 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Matching? Interesting. NIB right? Congrats!!

Yes. Both NIB.

#6446 21 days ago

Wow, where'd you get a NIB AFMr LE still

#6447 21 days ago
Quoted from Maide:

Wow, where'd you get a NIB AFMr LE still

Planetary had a few left.

#6449 21 days ago

Just joined the club....not time to mess around yet...got late setting up afm and potc....so far fast game....you guys turn flippers down ? Any other settings mewbies should know ?

20190226_190304 (resized).jpg
#6450 21 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

you guys turn flippers down ? Any other settings mewbies should know ?

Definitely turn down flippers. I think I'm at - 3. However, before you do this make sure you have V2 PIC chip on driver board in back box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Apollo, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 79.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 6533 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside