IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 211.
#6301 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I have an Attack from Marsr on the way. I will be joining the club soon!

Same here, mine shipped yesterday. AFMR #379

#6302 5 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday, now to sneak it in the basement.

IMG_4719 (resized).jpgIMG_4719 (resized).jpg
#6303 5 years ago

I have AFMr LE next on my buy list too.

#6304 5 years ago

I have been blown away by my AFMLE! I was nervous selling my METLE and ACDC....nope!!! This one is a family favourite for sure!!!

#6305 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildcat_33:

I had the same problem at setup and about 10% of time ball would end up in right drain. We loosened the nut and adjusted a millimeter or two to the left at exit. Problem hasn't occurred since and have made no flipper adjustments.

Same here, after adjusting have not had any issues. Prior to adjustment it was enough to drive me crazy.

#6306 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have 2 problems with the right ramp.
1) right inside shot sometimes will fly/fall out of the ramp at the bend into the shooter lane. I have dialed the flipper strength back already and it's not too strong but a few times the ball will still fall out of the ramp (maybe one out of 10 times).
2) when making the right ramp shot the ball may drop into the in lane as normal but hop in the air and into the out lane and drain
I am thinking the second problem is from the position of the ramp maybe it's too high in the air and the ball drops too far (should I bend it somehow).
I think the first problem has to do with the configuration of the ramp as well, just seems like the outside wall of the ramp is not high enough so that the ball would rife up the wall and hop out. But I am unsure how to fix.

I bent the end loop up about 1/8" with a big nut driver jammed into the lower loop.

Seems to be solved forever.

#6307 5 years ago

Anybody near me looking to leave the club? I am looking to join!

#6308 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I bent the end loop up about 1/8" with a big nut driver jammed into the lower loop.
Seems to be solved forever.

could you explain more clearly? end loop/lower loop? What exactly is this in reference to?

#6309 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

could you explain more clearly? end loop/lower loop? What exactly is this in reference to?

The loop at the end if the wireform that exits over the inlane to the right of the right sling mech.

There is an upper and lower loop connected by a small welded piece of wire.

I placed a 1/2" nut driver downwards thru both loops and carefully leaned the driver away from me towards the backbox.

Gently bending both loops upwards about 1/8"

I was careful about this and did it in stages, keeping the driver centered below the small welded wire at the very end so as no to over stress the welded joint too much.

Bending it a little is all it takes.

Slow and gentle with firm pressure does the job.

#6310 5 years ago

does anyone know If there are LED flipper buttons that work with CGC remakes?

#6311 5 years ago

Is there a way to cancel/exit out in the middle of a game (short of turning machine off/on or running through the remaining balls)? Home game, so free play. Haven't found much in search.

Lots of scenarios, but this happens often in our house - 2 Players are on ball 1 or 2, and a 3rd player hears the action and comes to the game wanting to play. All 3 players agree to start over. Or 2 players start, and soon after 1 player leaves unexpectedly. Or 1 player has a frustrated short ball 1 and wants to start over......the list goes on.

#6312 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Is there a way to cancel/exit out in the middle of a game (short of turning machine off/on or running through the remaining balls)? Home game, so free play. Haven't found much in search.
Lots of scenarios, but this happens often in our house - 2 Players are on ball 1 or 2, and a 3rd player hears the action and comes to the game wanting to play. All 3 players agree to start over. Or 2 players start, and soon after 1 player leaves unexpectedly. Or 1 player has a frustrated short ball 1 and wants to start over......the list goes on.

Not sure on a multiplayer game, but if you hold down the Start Button while the ball is in the shooter lane for ball 2 it automatically starts over to ball 1.

#6313 5 years ago

yes, there are settings to restart the game on ball 2+ with the Start Button. On ball 1, looks like you can add players with the Start Button. Anyone know if there is a way to cancel/stop a game?

#6315 5 years ago

My left flipper is sticking. Any thoughts ?

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

My left flipper is sticking. Any thoughts ?

Is the return spring broken off?

#6317 5 years ago

What exactly is a return spring ? I finally got around to doing the “flipper update” and this is the result

#6318 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

What exactly is a return spring ? I finally got around to doing the “flipper update” and this is the result

Is it sticking up and not returning to the bottom after its actuated?

There is a spring attached to return the flipper to it's starting point.

The ends of the springs can break off, but it's a simple fix if it happens.

#6319 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

What exactly is a return spring ?

Flipper return spring is circled in red. If the end broke off of one side. You can replace it, or bend over the last loop and make a new one. More pictures to help you.
LTG : )

DSC00732 (resized).JPGDSC00732 (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG
#6320 5 years ago

Mine broke exactly as shown and easily repaired.

#6321 5 years ago

Thx guys. I’ll see if this works

#6322 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Flipper return spring is circled in red. If the end broke off of one side. You can replace it, or bend over the last loop and make a new one. More pictures to help you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many other “industries” have a service expert who supports their customers/owners via their company support line and through just about all days/hours of the week on a global enthusiast website?
Lloyd really helps keeping many of these machines working!!!

#6323 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

I'm just trying to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

#6324 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm just trying to make my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

I might add. Please pass the help forward. Help others when you can.

That way pinball has a great and promising future that continues to grow.

That would be the best thing anybody could ever do for me.

#6325 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

How many other “industries” have a service expert who supports their customers/owners via their company support line and through just about all days/hours of the week on a global enthusiast website?

+1,000,000,000 for LTG - an absolute legend. Can't thank him enough to be honest.

#6326 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Sooo Cool. Lloyd has been helping me out for over 15 years. Thanks!!!

#6327 5 years ago

Anyone know if all LE’s are sold out? My wife has just informed me that if the virtual pin cabinet were to disappear and a AFMrLE showed up in it’s place, she would not dispute the change or the credit card charge... So the hunt maybe on.

#6328 5 years ago

Maybe check with PPS for an LE.

#6329 5 years ago

Automated services in Connecticut has LEs in stock

#6330 5 years ago

Thanks guys, will check with PPS... and AS...

#6331 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Thanks guys, will check with PPS... and AS...

Gameroom Guys also had a AFMrLE when I checked a few weeks ago.

#6332 5 years ago

Have a AFMRLE on the way, should be here 1st of next week. What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

#6333 5 years ago

The sound is already fantastic, doubt it would be needed, but will defer to the audio experts

#6334 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

Have it on mine and it makes a huge difference. One of the best upgrades to purchase almost for any pin.

#6335 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Have it on mine and it makes a huge difference. One of the best upgrades to purchase almost for any pin.

Agreed. AFMR uses a lot of bass and a subwoofer makes it sound awesome. In contrast to my Dialed IN....which barely has any bass so I could barely tell I hooked up a sub to it.

#6336 5 years ago

Well sub it is, thanks for the feedback.

#6337 5 years ago

Hmmm. Nothing is wrong with my flipper springs. It’s intermittent and only the left flipper sticks from time to time
Perplexed !!! ???

Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6338 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

It’s intermittent and only the left flipper sticks from time to time

Not much there. Coil sleeve there and in good shape ? Nylon flipper bushing cracked or broken ? Plunger end worn or have a sharp edge ? Plunger/plastic link/pawl binding ? A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ?

#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Hmmm. Nothing is wrong with my flipper springs. It’s intermittent and only the left flipper sticks from time to time
Perplexed !!! ???

Pull off the coil stop behind the coil (2 Allen screws).
Inspect the coil sleeve for black dust buildup.
Inspect the plunger link for wear.
Inspect the plunger itself for sharp edges at the bottom.

Inspect the coil stop itself for indentation see wear.

Report back please.

#6340 5 years ago

what's your preferred sub hookup method .I used pinnovators kit on my sterns but seems they don't make a hookup for the CGC games. Just not wanting to go the alligator clip method

#6341 5 years ago

I just completed rule the universe for the first time and I had to share it with someone who would care. New GC with 21.2B on my home AFMRLE. I bought it a year and a half ago? Damn that was fun.

CD0F43FB-069A-4983-B9C9-1BA666B84A64 (resized).jpegCD0F43FB-069A-4983-B9C9-1BA666B84A64 (resized).jpeg
#6342 5 years ago

Congrats. I am sure that it was quite the rush.

#6343 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I just completed rule the universe for the first time and I had to share it with someone who would care. New GC with 21.2B on my home AFMRLE. I bought it a year and a half ago? Damn that was fun. [quoted image]

Congrats! I've been wistfully glaring at TEX for about a year and a half as well, but I suspect it will be a while longer before I can match your accomplishment!

#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I just completed rule the universe for the first time and I had to share it with someone who would care. New GC with 21.2B on my home AFMRLE. I bought it a year and a half ago? Damn that was fun. [quoted image]

Congrats! I remember my first time haha.

AFM has a great wizard mode, and definitely a huge rush when you complete it!

Btw man, you have a solid collection!!!

#6345 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the production numbers are for AFMR? I bought mine in December and the serial # was AFM-3156. It is the CE version.

#6346 5 years ago

Is there a connection for a subwoofer on AFMr? If not, how would one hook it up?

#6347 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Is there a connection for a subwoofer on AFMr? If not, how would one hook it up?

I used alligator clips on mine...took all of 2 seconds.

#6348 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered.
Drain/out hole protector, does it go toward the rear or towards the front?
Is the protector in the correct position?
Much thanks.

IMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1398 (resized).JPG

#6349 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Sorry if this has been covered.
Drain/out hole protector, does it go toward the rear or towards the front?
Is the protector in the correct position?
Much thanks.
[quoted image]

It should be in the front where the ball drains off of the playfield into the trough. The ball drain off of the edge is what can potentially cause chipping.

#6350 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

It should be in the front where the ball drains off of the playfield into the trough. The ball drain off of the edge is what can potentially cause chipping.

Thanks, so mine in the picture is backwards?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/127?hl=davedigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.