pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 212.
#6251 5 years ago

Folks,
got a problem with my AFMR - ball coming out of the scoop direction is very varied with the odd one going STDM. Whats the solution please? When I look at the papa videos of AFM its almost always to the middle left flipper.

Cheers,
Neil.

#6252 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

You have a really nice lineup - MMr and TSPP are next on my list. Your father-in-law is a lucky guy!

Just checked out your lineup. I think we have similar taste!

I'm considering a BM66, but would have to sell a game or two.

Need more time on it to decide though.

#6253 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

No.

I have the same issue with my machine and opened a ticket with CGC. Their reply: "In regards to the ramp issue, we have seen this in the original AFM as well. The ball guide and rubber post are the same. A good question would be is the game level left to right?"

I replied back that it is leveled correctly. Their reply: "I get the same results on the original AFM as well, the ball hits the rubber black post and shifts right. But it doesn't do it all the time. On your machine does it continuously?"

I replied: "It will shift right continuously, but doesn't always drain down the right outlane. As you saw in the video, it's a bit of chance, but it does drain roughly 5-10% of the time. It sounds like it's a defect since the original- How it's laid out you would assume it would follow the curve and land on the right flipper. Maybe with future machines produced, the ramp wall can be extended all the way to the post." Asked them to let me know if their engineers ever came up with a better fix and they said they would.

#6254 5 years ago

I have two sets of new AFMr pingraffix powerbladez. We (and Pingraffix) sell these for $299, but to bring in the new year, I’m going to offer a temporary discount on them, priced at $279 + $5 shippping within the US. To get this deal, you must pay via PayPal gift (I save on fees, you save on price.). Pingraffix is out of stock. Contact me if you want a set.

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

No.
I have the same issue with my machine and opened a ticket with CGC. Their reply: "In regards to the ramp issue, we have seen this in the original AFM as well. The ball guide and rubber post are the same. A good question would be is the game level left to right?"
I replied back that it is leveled correctly. Their reply: "I get the same results on the original AFM as well, the ball hits the rubber black post and shifts right. But it doesn't do it all the time. On your machine does it continuously?"
I replied: "It will shift right continuously, but doesn't always drain down the right outlane. As you saw in the video, it's a bit of chance, but it does drain roughly 5-10% of the time. It sounds like it's a defect since the original- How it's laid out you would assume it would follow the curve and land on the right flipper. Maybe with future machines produced, the ramp wall can be extended all the way to the post." Asked them to let me know if their engineers ever came up with a better fix and they said they would.

That's good background info. The balls hits the rubber so it's not a guide related issue. I can see how mastering the nudge is the way to counteract this but I might try a couple different homemade remedies and see how they work.

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
got a problem with my AFMR - ball coming out of the scoop direction is very varied with the odd one going STDM. Whats the solution please? When I look at the papa videos of AFM its almost always to the middle left flipper.
Cheers,
Neil.

Loosen the scoop assembly from underneath the playfield and twist it more to the left and re-tighten it.
If you need more adjustment, open up the screw mounting holes in the scoop assembly a bit so that you can twist it a little more. 2mm of side-cutting does wonders,

I have mine jammed tightly against the wood after adjustment, it sits at a slight angle. It works perfectly now.
After adjustment fiddle with the power a bit.

At one point I had it shooting all the way onto the left sling.

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

That's good background info. The balls hits the rubber so it's not a guide related issue. I can see how mastering the nudge is the way to counteract this but I might try a couple different homemade remedies and see how they work.

A failed lock ramp shot on AFM is risky, its part of the game.
Powerfully nudging the game to bounce it off the outlane rubber has always been the solution.

Part of fun of AFM is the discrete nudging here and there to keep the ball in control.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have two sets of new AFMr pingraffix powerbladez. We (and Pingraffix) sell these for $299, but to bring in the new year, I’m going to offer a temporary discount on them, priced at $279 + $5 shippping within the US. To get this deal, you must pay via PayPal gift (I save on fees, you save on price.). Pingraffix is out of stock. Contact me if you want a set.

Been on the fence, but I'll snag one. I know once they sell out I won't be finding another one.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Been on the fence, but I'll snag one. I know once they sell out I won't be finding another one.

Thx. 1 left.

#6261 5 years ago

Failed lock shots do the same on mine. I noticed it right away when I got the game last July. Since then I’ve been looking to see if other copies of the game do the same. So far, they all do. Two originals and one remake.

I’m in the habit of nudging when the ball is rolling back out. I try to knock it away from the guide rail so that it doesn’t even hit the post rubber.

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

A failed lock ramp shot on AFM is risky, its part of the game.
Powerfully nudging the game to bounce it off the outlane rubber has always been the solution.
Part of fun of AFM is the discrete nudging here and there to keep the ball in control.

I hear you!

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

I used to have that problem on my machine when it was fresh out of the box. Then after a few months I removed the black post sleeve rubber and replaced with gray Titan sleeves at the ramp entrances. The post sleeves that I got from Titan were ever so slightly thicker/fatter than the factory sleeves, so when a failed shot rolls back down and hits the sleeve the ball now bounces further to the right, usually ending up at or above the Martian targets. Essentially the problem got solved by accident, but I am happy that it worked out that way.

#6264 5 years ago

I've got an "Eat At Eddy's" mod that I pulled from my game before I sold it.

$100 plus shipping if you're interested. Thanks.

IMG_6994 (resized).jpegIMG_6994 (resized).jpegIMG_6995 (resized).jpegIMG_6995 (resized).jpegIMG_6996 (resized).jpegIMG_6996 (resized).jpegIMG_6997 (resized).jpegIMG_6997 (resized).jpegIMG_6998 (resized).jpegIMG_6998 (resized).jpegIMG_6999 (resized).jpegIMG_6999 (resized).jpeg
#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Sold.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Looks used!

#6267 5 years ago

Ya man; it’s full of holes....even burned too! Tsk tsk tsk.

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Ya man; it’s full of holes....even burned too! Tsk tsk tsk.

Shhhh!

#6269 5 years ago

Could someone let me know where the Cliffy outhole protector goes and if my lock protector is in the right position.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Could someone let me know where the Cliffy outhole protector goes and if my lock protector is in the right position.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's it! I actually was the one that requested it be made, and worked with Cliffy to make it so.

You'll be glad you have it. That edge will chip like a mo-fo!

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's it! I actually was the one that requested it be made, and worked with Cliffy to make it so.
You'll be glad you have it. That edge will chip like a mo-fo!

Thanks! It was super easy to install the lock protector. Do you have an image or could tell me where the outhole protector goes?

I also noticed that my SOL protector isn’t flat against the ground. It’s worse in the back where a few balls have gotten hung up. Any suggestions anyone?

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Thanks! It was super easy to install the lock protector. Do you have an image or could tell me where the outhole protector goes?
I also noticed that my SOL protector isn’t flat against the ground. It’s worse in the back where a few balls have gotten hung up. Any suggestions anyone?

Try loosening the screws that are holding the Cliffy down. Even slightly overtightening them can cause it to warp and lift up.

I installed a full set over the weekend but I left the SOL ones out for now. I don't have any sign of damage and the Mantis should be enough, plus I don't like how it covers up the artwork.

The outhole/drain protector is installed by removing the apron and loosening the ball trough, and it clips onto the playfield just like the lock protector. Again, don't overtighten the trough screws or the Cliffy will have a raised edge. Even with mine flush to the playfield, I've had one ball get hung up on the left side so it needs a little adjustment.

I'll try to post a couple of pictures tonight - I added a little something to my drain and lock...

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Try loosening the screws that are holding the Cliffy down. Even slightly overtightening them can cause it to warp and lift up.
I installed a full set over the weekend but I left the SOL ones out for now. I don't have any sign of damage and the Mantis should be enough, plus I don't like how it covers up the artwork.
The outhole/drain protector is installed by removing the apron and loosening the ball trough, and it clips onto the playfield just like the lock protector. Again, don't overtighten the trough screws or the Cliffy will have a raised edge. Even with mine flush to the playfield, I've had one ball get hung up on the left side so it needs a little adjustment.
I'll try to post a couple of pictures tonight - I added a little something to my drain and lock...

Thanks! I think I did overtighten the Cliffy. I will take adjust that once I'm home today.

Thanks for the directions for the outhole. I thought it went there but when it didn't clip in like the lock protector, I didn't want to mess with it without getting more information. I think I'll send over photos to Cliffy at some point so he can include it with his directions.

#6274 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to leave the club, let me know. I'm looking for a HUO used AFMr. I live near Minneapolis. Thanks!

#6275 5 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures of my crappy knockoff Mantis protectors. I noticed some clear chipping in the drain from day one (along the back portion, opposite where the Cliffy is installed) so I cut some flexible copper, maybe 20 mils thick, and shaped it to the hole. The Cliffy is keeping the cut ends together, and I barely crimped it over the top of the drain, so it stays in place pretty well. It's probably not doing much, but it looks pretty cool I guess. I may double up on it at some point.

Also did the same thing for the lock hole. I did a slightly better job with that one.

Yes, I know I forgot to remove the protective wrap from the drain Cliffy... but I managed to get it off without having to take the whole thing out.

IMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0103 (resized).JPGIMG_0103 (resized).JPG
#6276 5 years ago

I installed the eat at eddy’s mod today on my afmrle. I did a video install if anyone needs help. I always think videos help.

#6277 5 years ago

Finally moved the outlane posts down and wow, hardly any drains on those outlanes. About to install some new Ninja balls. Hope they help to get me to RTU

7AB79212-537D-4B15-A25B-A9D7884EB87C (resized).jpeg7AB79212-537D-4B15-A25B-A9D7884EB87C (resized).jpeg
#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I installed the eat at eddy’s mod today on my afmrle. I did a video install if anyone needs help. I always think videos help.

Thanks for this! Will be installing soon.

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Thanks for this! Will be installing soon.

Nice to see the video for a reference....but you don't have to take out the light. As per instructions on the Mezel website, just push the black tab and remove the connector from the GI. I hate removing wood screws when I don't have to.
I had this mod before I had my AFMLE. Only mod needed!

#6280 5 years ago

I read an old post that Nifty Leds were selling the GI bulbs in cool white and warm white. Are these bulbs available through Comet now? Would really like to have sunlight white for GI.

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Nice to see the video for a reference....but you don't have to take out the light. As per instructions on the Mezel website, just push the black tab and remove the connector from the GI. I hate removing wood screws when I don't have to.

Thanks for the heads up. Only other mod would be cliffy protectors correct?

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Finally moved the outlane posts down and wow, hardly any drains on those outlanes. About to install some new Ninja balls. Hope they help to get me to RTU
[quoted image]

I always heard the term "Balls of steel" but I always thought that was just an expression. You have the balls from actual Ninja's? Those must be some really expensive and rare balls. Poor Ninja's

The things you can buy these days.

QSS

#6283 5 years ago

How do I turn off the replay knock noise? I looked through the manual and didn't see a way to do it.

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

How do I turn off the replay knock noise? I looked through the manual and didn't see a way to do it.

Unplug the knocker itself.

#6285 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Your right. I guess i missed that part.

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Thanks for the heads up. Only other mod would be cliffy protectors correct?

Yes. I ordered the Cliffy’s Dec 24. Still waiting on them. I guess he is super busy.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Yes. I ordered the Cliffy’s Dec 24. Still waiting on them. I guess he is super busy.

Yea ordered mine on 1/4/19 and still waiting, he is super busy. Cliffy is the man!

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Yea ordered mine on 1/4/19 and still waiting, he is super busy. Cliffy is the man!

Hope to Have my AFMRLE soon. Mailed check on Friday. Super stoked to be able to get it number matched to my MBRLE.

#6289 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

My experience with Cliff is that he is a supremely nice guy, makes a wonderful product, and is a one-man show. He bends every single bit of sheet metal himself. You'll get a great product, but it will require patience. It will absolutely be worth the wait!

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

My experience with Cliff is that he is a supremely nice guy, makes a wonderful product, and is a one-man show. He bends every single bit of sheet metal himself. You'll get a great product, but it will require patience. It will absolutely be worth the wait!

Yup, top notch guy.

Wait it out, and he'll get you what you need. My advice, play your game lightly until you get the protectors. These new games chip like paint on a Lada!

#6291 5 years ago

Finally got my Pingraffix side art in. I think it makes a huge difference. I am a little disappointed in that I got my first credit dot on this machine this morning. I got it HUO with only 89 plays on it. I'm about 500 plays it and I already have to fix something on the drop target (will look tonight). If NIB still has problems after less than a year of use I am going to be on the secondary market forever because I don't think it's worth the price. I still can't get more than 5 Jewels lit at once, but I will Rule the Universe someday. I just have to make it to Mars first.

20190112_091218 (resized).jpg20190112_091218 (resized).jpg
#6292 5 years ago

It's probably a simple fix. All machines need tweaks and fixes; same for NIB now and then, and same even for restorations. You'll rule the universe soon.

#6293 5 years ago

Anyone run into a problem with the eat at eddy's mod that the UFO is touching the building? It is like my ufo is slightly off center but there is not really a good way in the mechanism to adjust that. The holes for the UFO bracket are where they are. I've always thought that one alien was closer to the ship than the other, but it never mattered until now!

#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Anyone run into a problem with the eat at eddy's mod that the UFO is touching the building? It is like my ufo is slightly off center but there is not really a good way in the mechanism to adjust that. The holes for the UFO bracket are where they are. I've always thought that one alien was closer to the ship than the other, but it never mattered until now!

I had a related issue whereby the UFO knocker wasn't hitting the UFO. I used a couple of vinyl washers that I filed on one side and installed them where the spring connects to the base to tilt the UFO.

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I had a related issue whereby the UFO knocker wasn't hitting the UFO. I used a couple of vinyl washers that I filed on one side and installed them where the spring connects to the base to tilt the UFO.

Thanks! I will try that!

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got my Pingraffix side art in. I think it makes a huge difference. I am a little disappointed in that I got my first credit dot on this machine this morning. I got it HUO with only 89 plays on it. I'm about 500 plays it and I already have to fix something on the drop target (will look tonight). If NIB still has problems after less than a year of use I am going to be on the secondary market forever because I don't think it's worth the price. I still can't get more than 5 Jewels lit at once, but I will Rule the Universe someday. I just have to make it to Mars first.

Good News! Credit dot fixed itself. Apparently if you suck bad enough and don't hit the target for a few games in a row the game thinks the target is broken.

#6297 5 years ago

I have 2 problems with the right ramp.

1) right inside shot sometimes will fly/fall out of the ramp at the bend into the shooter lane. I have dialed the flipper strength back already and it's not too strong but a few times the ball will still fall out of the ramp (maybe one out of 10 times).

2) when making the right ramp shot the ball may drop into the in lane as normal but hop in the air and into the out lane and drain

I am thinking the second problem is from the position of the ramp maybe it's too high in the air and the ball drops too far (should I bend it somehow).

I think the first problem has to do with the configuration of the ramp as well, just seems like the outside wall of the ramp is not high enough so that the ball would rife up the wall and hop out. But I am unsure how to fix.

#6298 5 years ago

I had the dreaded hop from in lane to out lane problem too and just put a little foam at the end of the wireform and it hasn't happened since

IMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpgIMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpg
#6299 5 years ago

I had the same problem at setup and about 10% of time ball would end up in right drain. We loosened the nut and adjusted a millimeter or two to the left at exit. Problem hasn't occurred since and have made no flipper adjustments.

#6300 5 years ago

I have an Attack from Marsr on the way. I will be joining the club soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.00
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/126?hl=new_england and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.