pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 212.
#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I saw somebody posted that they put theirs in a few posts back but this thing looks way better in person than it does on the mezel mods website. Wicked cool mod that I almost didn't buy!
[quoted image]

Yeah..it was a pretty straightforward install. Now....one way I could see making this better....is instead of the red led strip, if someone made a fire led strips. Like, comet has some 4smd "fire" led bulbs that is supposed to simulate a fire. It would look awesome in strip form inside the building...

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

down the volume somewhere else (menu,

Did you go into adjustments and lower the minimum volume over ride so the coin door buttons go lower ?

LTG : )

#6203 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah..it was a pretty straightforward install. Now....one way I could see making this better....is instead of the red led strip, if someone made a fire led strips. Like, comet has some 4smd "fire" led bulbs that is supposed to simulate a fire. It would look awesome in strip form inside the building...

That would be cool

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

Take the outlanes posts out of the game. Set it to tournament with no extra balls. Raise the bar

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you go into adjustments and lower the minimum volume over ride so the coin door buttons go lower ?

Yeah, I just looked. It was set to 'yes', which allows to go below the minimum level. Factory default is 'no', which sets volume minimum at 8, which is blaring.

#6206 5 years ago

My last dozen pins that I have bought have been sterns. An AFM came up locally and I decided to make a switch and traded out one of my games for it. I am really glad I did. AFM is a treasure to play and a true classic 90’s era pin. I am totally enjoying it! Fun on a stick!

Happy to be a member of the club.

#6207 5 years ago

I received an Eddy's for Christmas yesterday. I am looking forward to installing it soon. Thanks for sharing all the cool pictures of it.

#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

It seems like it won't be much of a challenge for you relative to the newer games. How easy is it relative to MBr?

#6209 5 years ago

I do not know AFM as well as I should - can someone clue me in on how a diner named Eddy's is related to the game? Is it a nod to Brian?

#6210 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Agreed! Is it possible to purchase a splitter from Comet and simply run another Fire strip off of it as well as the red one that came with the mod?

#6211 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I do not know AFM as well as I should - can someone clue me in on how a diner named Eddy's is related to the game? Is it a nod to Brian?

Look at the translite.

#6212 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

It seems like it won't be much of a challenge for you relative to the newer games. How easy is it relative to MBr?

I won't get my MBrLE probably until next month but we'll see. If everyone else in the family loves it I'm fine with keeping it, but I do tend to like more challenging pins for sure.

#6213 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Agreed! Is it possible to purchase a splitter from Comet and simply run another Fire strip off of it as well as the red one that came with the mod?

Well, yeah...but...I don't know if someone makes an LED fire strip. The comet "fire" series are bulbs, not strips.

#6214 5 years ago

Got my SE yesterday - missing the AC power cord. DOH! Had to go to a computer store and buy one.
Also didn't see any price cards. Is this something that should have been included?

IMG_2917 (resized).jpgIMG_2917 (resized).jpg
#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinBallsEric:

Got my SE yesterday - missing the AC power cord. DOH! Had to go to a computer store and buy one.

Yes. Open a ticket with CGC and they will send them to you. Crazy they forgot the cord!

#6216 5 years ago

Just became a member. AFMLE #343 - black trim all the way!
Thanks Sara and PPS!
Already had the Mezel Eat at Eddy’s mod, Cliffy’s on the way.... what else do I need to know?

E0899FD9-1B3A-4C36-A1E9-E63587504975 (resized).jpegE0899FD9-1B3A-4C36-A1E9-E63587504975 (resized).jpeg
3FB5097A-BBAD-427D-BA56-7DD4155B0825 (resized).jpeg3FB5097A-BBAD-427D-BA56-7DD4155B0825 (resized).jpeg

#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Just became a member. AFMLE #343 - black trim all the way!
Thanks Sara and PPS!
Already had the Mezel Eat at Eddy’s mod, Cliffy’s on the way.... what else do I need to know?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#305 says welcome aboard, now just play it play it play it ,.. I put Eat at Eddys and an Atomic Blaster on,.. great mods

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

#305 says welcome aboard, now just play it play it play it ,.. I put Eat at Eddys and an Atomic Blaster on,.. great mods

What’s the atomic blaster? Do you have a pic?

#6219 5 years ago

I don't care for the atomic blaster and I love mods.

#6220 5 years ago

I would like to light the scoop hole and welcome anyone’s recommendation. I see that Mezel Mods has one.

#6221 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What’s the atomic blaster? Do you have a pic?

Here is pic of atomic blaster.

IMG_20180708_091414656 (resized).jpgIMG_20180708_091414656 (resized).jpg
#6222 5 years ago

I'm tapping out on my AFMrLE.

I enjoyed the game, but I want to change the lineup.

#6223 5 years ago

After 10 months and 1500 games at factory settings, 15B was as high as I got, only even attacked Mars 3 times with out conquering, and was not ruling the universe. Christmas eve I gave myself the present of lowering the outlane posts half way. Less than a week later I finally rule the universe. 27B gc and finally got rid of TEX

#6224 5 years ago

Haven't seen this one before. My trough kicker is super weak at times. If I change the settings to min then back to max it works for a while.
I can hear it fire and pulse in the tests/games but its not strong enough to do anything. Connections seem fine. Any ideas?

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Connections seem fine.

Please reseat the connections a couple times. See if that helps.

#6226 5 years ago

I did reseat the entire chain I can find. I'll probably have to call them once tech support is back as I'm still under warranty.

I've had some other weird electrical problems such as weak flippers until you reboot and the like.

#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I'll probably have to call them once tech support is back

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk. It may go to me, I'll alert it to the engineer.

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I saw somebody posted that they put theirs in a few posts back but this thing looks way better in person than it does on the mezel mods website. Wicked cool mod that I almost didn't buy!
[quoted image]

Y’all keep saying how great this mod is so I gave in and ordered one

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk. It may go to me, I'll alert it to the engineer.

Wait, so you handle support for both JJP and CGC?

#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Wait, so you handle support for both JJP and CGC?

Yes.

#6231 5 years ago

Time magazine needs to put LTG on its front cover!

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sent was going to try to call but this I could do at midnight

#6233 5 years ago

just curious what flipper position is by default as I noticed some owners have them above the peg hole while others have the flippers cover the peg hole.

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

just curious what flipper position is by default as I noticed some owners have them above the peg hole while others have the flippers cover the peg hole.

Default is toothpick under rubber, in the hole.

Flippers slightly drooped.

#6235 5 years ago

Has anyone installed Cliffs on the SOL hole? Can't seem to get it flat. There's the pointed corner on the protector under the pf, is that supposed to drive right into the wood?

#6236 5 years ago

Have my father-in-law here visiting, and he wanted to check out the pins this evening. He probably hasn't seen or played a pinball machine in 30 years, but after his first game, I could see he was hooked!

He bounced around from game to game, but ended up spending a solid hour or so on AFMR.

I actually left the room to spend time with the rest of the family, and he just kept playing.

When everyone was heading to bed, he came over and said "how do you turn the machines on?". I think he'll be on this forum soon haha!

#6237 5 years ago

So this just happened! Probably my most epic game ever on a pinball machine! Sadly the date and time are wrong on my machine, but whatever! What a blast!

2a34595f-0ffc-4d41-b6da-118ed53b7d24 (resized).jpg2a34595f-0ffc-4d41-b6da-118ed53b7d24 (resized).jpgb49a5c48-45cc-4440-90a0-9e2ed8be7665 (resized).jpgb49a5c48-45cc-4440-90a0-9e2ed8be7665 (resized).jpg
#6238 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Have my father-in-law here visiting, and he wanted to check out the pins this evening. He probably hasn't seen or played a pinball machine in 30 years, but after his first game, I could see he was hooked!
He bounced around from game to game, but ended up spending a solid hour or so on AFMR.
I actually left the room to spend time with the rest of the family, and he just kept playing.
When everyone was heading to bed, he came over and said "how do you turn the machines on?". I think he'll be on this forum soon haha!

His next question will be "can you help me load this extra MM you have in my truck?".

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So this just happened! Probably my most epic game ever on a pinball machine!

AWESOME score! Nice job.

#6240 5 years ago

I never get tired of playing this game. AFM is just a great pinball machine.

#6241 5 years ago

I added the Eat at Eddies Mod, put in new balls and cleaned the playfield with Novus 1.....wow...... fast, furious and fun!!! Now to install Pinstadiums?

#6242 5 years ago

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

#6243 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

His next question will be "can you help me load this extra MM you have in my truck?".

Damien should add an option to his poll... "Let my father-in-law choose one to keep" He may even will it back...

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I added the Eat at Eddies Mod, put in new balls and cleaned the playfield with Novus 1.....wow...... fast, furious and fun!!! Now to install Pinstadiums?

I waxed mine with Blitz 1 Grand and put Ninja balls in. It's cranking!

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

Does it hit the post rubber on the way out of the lock lane?

#6246 5 years ago

Joined to club today. AFMRLE on order. Must have next to my MBRLE. Hope I like them together.

#6247 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Try to nudge the game right before it hits the post and it usually will not drain. My game does the same thing so I just had to learn to nudge the game at the right time, and it only needs a small nudge.

#6248 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Hahaha!

He actually played a few more re games tonight, but he mainly stuck to AFM. Definitely a great game for all levels. True classic!

Then my wife got 1 catapult shot away from BFTK! Was pretty cool since she barely plays. I set up my MMR on easy with some EBs handed out, so definitely makes it more enjoyable for casual players.

I personally can't play it because it's almost a guaranteed BFTK every time, so I'll just wait until she finishes it one day, and I'll put the settings back to default.

In the interim, I have TWD to finish!

#6249 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Spoke with Doug and he emailed me again that they are working big on a fix
With mine centered and moved up a 1/4 inch it’s still 100%.
I willleave as is mounted with double sided tape till I get an answer

Was there ever a final answer to this? I'm at the end of all the adjustments (plunger alignment, new ball guide, CGC ramp bend check) with the ramp as the problem, even have a ticket with CGC, and now stalled. I can easily bend the ramp more, use tape to move it, etc. But in reading all the old posts, thought I would ask if CGC had done anything more?

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha!
He actually played a few more re games tonight, but he mainly stuck to AFM. Definitely a great game for all levels. True classic!
Then my wife got 1 catapult shot away from BFTK! Was pretty cool since she barely plays. I set up my MMR on easy with some EBs handed out, so definitely makes it more enjoyable for casual players.
I personally can't play it because it's almost a guaranteed BFTK every time, so I'll just wait until she finishes it one day, and I'll put the settings back to default.
In the interim, I have TWD to finish!

You have a really nice lineup - MMr and TSPP are next on my list. Your father-in-law is a lucky guy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.